TTC while Nursing in NOVEMBER - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 147 Old 11-14-2012, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
skycheattraffic - Blue dye tests are notorious for producing false positives. So for future reference, no one ever buy a test that is ablue dye instead of pink dye! That said, a positive on a blue dye doesn't necessarily mean you're not pregnant, just that it could go either way. I hope you get results soon to end the uncertainty! Not knowing is the WORST!

AFM: Should be ovulating late this week or early next week. DTD begins tonight and hopefully every other night until well after O! We have to sneak in DTD after DS is asleep. No way would it happen with him awake! I'm still trying to convince DH that it's okay to DTD when DS is asleep in the same room... lol.gif

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#62 of 147 Old 11-14-2012, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

ah!  the suspense is killing me!! hehe.  biggrinbounce.gif

DD1 7 1/2 years DS1 3 1/2 years And DS2   7/18/13
#63 of 147 Old 11-14-2012, 10:56 AM

Oh, wanted to add something because a few people have talked about it - moving O dates versus longer LP. For the vast majority of women, your LP length is constant. Taking things like B vitamins can lengthen it, but it is in no way changed by your O date. Ovulation can be delayed/moved up by a ton of external factors - stress, diet, vitamins/herbs, medication, all sorts of things - but your LP will remain the same from the date of ovulation. So if you usually have a 10 day LP, you can expect AF (or hopefully not if you're TTC!) 10 days after ovulation, regardless of whether O happens on CD14 or CD20 or CD30.

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

#64 of 147 Old 11-14-2012, 11:14 AM

Thank you LivingSky. That is excellent to know! No more blue tests, ever! I honestly feel like I wasted $16 on the two pack. It would have been less infuriating if a digital test said "um.. maybe" lol. My gut is now telling me I'm probably not preggo but I'm weirded out by the lateness since I got my PPAF over a year ago. I bet it's the nursing. DD figured out what we were up to and used nursing to defend herself and remain an only child a tad longer lol. Beware the nursing ninjas!!!!
#65 of 147 Old 11-14-2012, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

OMG, since i o'd this month my son has been ATTACHED to me NON-stop all night, all day.  he KNOWS! and he does NOT want to share his boobies Sheepish.gif

i hope my LP will get longer!  it was only 8 days last time.  I think I will cry if its 8 days again this month!

#66 of 147 Old 11-14-2012, 04:34 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I'm excited to start seeing some bfps on here!  Watching this thread daily for some good news...

Hey, what do you think...I'm now waiting for my 2nd PPAF, and I'm currently on CD16. Two days I started having EWCM, and last night I used an OPK that had just the faintest of line.   Today I didn't have as much EWCM, and I'm reluctant to use another OPK now because I'm thinking it's not going to show a darkening line at all, and so why waste the test.  But, what if... ???  Ugh, the cost will evenutally add up (I am using internet cheapies) if it's on/off like this for awhile-- so frustrating!  But then if I don't use them, how will I know when the batch of EWCM is the 'one' leading up to an egg being released... I would hate to miss it.  Especially when DTD is so hard to squeeze in (never thought I would say that, but DH and I are pretty tired at the end of the day).  Do any of you have this on/off pattern in your cycles as your cycles are regulating themselves, and, did you use OPKs anyway?  I remember last time after pregnancy, my LP was short-- but I don't recall the on/off thing happening with EWCM as much as this.  Ha ha, I told DH that I would take a relaxed approach to ttc'ing, but that's not working... If I had enough OPKS in stock and didn't care about the cost, I'd test every day... I'm trying not to let him see how serious I am tracking my cycles, because I don't want to make DTD a totally timed thing, but yesterday I ended up leaving my paper chart on the table and the pack of sticks and cup on my bathroom counter... oops.

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#67 of 147 Old 11-14-2012, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah DH and I dont do well with TIMED events either.  This time though I got my + OPK much earlier than expected and so we happened to have just DTD and so there was no pressure.  

#68 of 147 Old 11-15-2012, 10:54 AM

Well it looks like I don't have to worry about finding a better HPT: I'm pregnant!!! joy.gif
Based on my guesstimate, I'm about 5 weeks or so. Both my mom and MIL had a feeling and I kind of talked myself out of it - boy am I glad to be wrong!!
Thank you ladies so much!! Please move me to the appropriate category.

Lots of BFP's for everyone!!
#69 of 147 Old 11-15-2012, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Skycheat!!!!  YAY!!!!!!!!!!! SOO excited for you!!  I kept stalking like all day :)  woohoo!!!joy.gif

#70 of 147 Old 11-15-2012, 11:30 AM

Congrats skycheattraffic!!!

#71 of 147 Old 11-15-2012, 12:38 PM

Skycheattraffic, congratulations!!!

DD 19 mos. 

#72 of 147 Old 11-15-2012, 12:58 PM

Congratulations!!!

I'm just a lurker. We aren't TTC or preventing. Just waiting for God to bless us again.

For the last week and a half I've been feeling sick so we'll see. I tested Monday and last Tuesday but they were both negatives.

My baby is almost 10 months and AF has not returned, but then I've gotten pg without it before. :)

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#73 of 147 Old 11-15-2012, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome.gif100%Mom!!!!  I hope you will get a nice BFP soon!!!

#74 of 147 Old 11-15-2012, 06:54 PM

Skycheattraffic, YEAY!

AFM...I don't know what to do but summarize. Thrush, no sleep, stress ulcers, and I had juuuust started the two. Hopefully if. Did conceive I have a strong bean. DS has been putting me on a wild ride with this!

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

Our Breastfeeding Journey @ www.MotherHoodinEden.com
#75 of 147 Old 11-15-2012, 08:46 PM

Skycheattraffic, that's wonderful news!  Congrats!  Hopefully you have started the bfps rolling out!

Blonhart-- oh no!  Hope things get better soon!

#76 of 147 Old 11-16-2012, 06:37 AM

Thanks tenzins mama!

I'm also nauseated and my breasts are tender, but I'm thinking that may be because of the stress and thrush? Trying not to get excited. It's another week and a half before AF is due.

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

#77 of 147 Old 11-16-2012, 06:44 AM

Thank you ladies! I was freaking out a little but this calm descended over me: it will be all right. DD will adapt and she will still be showered with love. She will nurse and if she stops, that isn't something I can change anyways. We will put a mattress on the floor in DD's room so I can nurse her to sleep and be comfy if I pass out. I will have a newborn but a lot can change in nine months and DD will grow and mature and will be able to handle it. It will be fine, we will make it work. I had an uncomplicated pregnancy and a good (though induced and medicated) birth with DD and I trust my body to grow and birth a healthy little peanut. I'd love to go into labour naturally this time and try a midwife shared care, maybe try birthing naturally in a hospital setting. I trust DD will be fine away from me for a day or so even if there are tears (from both sides). I'm in a good place... Now all I have to do is get DH to relax lol
MyKidKissTrees likes this.
#78 of 147 Old 11-16-2012, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Yikes Blonhrt!  Thats awful!! strong bean indeed!!  

AFM:  definitely have a UTI.  I felt a tinge and should have know (i use to get them chronically years ago, but havent had them in forever).  Ignored the tinge... DTD... next day... KIDNEY PAIN.  SWEET!  Loading up on cranberry supplements, ACV, vit D and C... and Dh gave me his COLD as well... YAY!  Little man is was getting in a molar so hes been literally attached to me all night for the last 3-4 days!  yay!  I'm thinking I will need a super sticky baby this time as well... otherwise December is the month!!  love.gif

But its the weekend!  And we have lots planned so I need to tough it up!  I think December would be a great month to conceive though.  So much going on that I would forget all about it!!  Even this month we've been super busy and the days have just skipped by!

sticky baby vibes to all my TWW mamas!!! goodvibes.gif

Skycheat, glad you are in a good place!  all will be fine :)  a sibling is like giving you child a playdate everyday.  My daughter would be so bored without her brother to play with.  They are currently wearing socks and slipping around on the wood floors pretending to accidentally fall and laughing hysterically.  

#79 of 147 Old 11-16-2012, 05:24 PM

Congrats Skycheattraffic!!!!! 

I went to my OB for my annual and pap today. I absolutely love this guy. He's so crass in some ways that I think a lot of women would be turned off and would probably never go back! He just fits mine and dh's personality well. He asked what I was using for birth control. I told him nothing, that DH and I were trying for a 3rd. He just smiled said "go home, have sex as much as possible and I'll probably see you back here within a few months". lol.gif If only it were that easy winky.gif

MyKidKissTrees likes this.

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#80 of 147 Old 11-17-2012, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

haha, sounds like a funny guy StephandOwen :) 

SO... I'm totally freaking out, because tomorrow I am supposed to get my period... and I just don't feel like it.  I don't feel or look bloated.  I'm a little irritable but whats new?  ive been irritable for MONTHS... years?  haha.  But my CF is NOT dry at all and DH wont leave me alone.  I'm probably just psyching myself up though!  And I'll get my period tomorrow night and be all depressed and miserable... 

p.s. I totally cured my UTI.  I am SHOCKED.  all those pre-crunchy years where i would go through antibiotic after antibiotic it would take at least a week for the pain to stop.  I literally took 5000 mg of cranberry supplements for three days, two days of 50,000 ius of vit D, 1 day of 25 billion pearl probiotics.  And I went from pain in my kidney to none?  Man.  Nature just got a little more of my faith ;)

Anyone else freaking as they near the end of the TWW...

#81 of 147 Old 11-18-2012, 10:08 AM

good luck mykids!  Hopefully af doesn't show!

I'm still waiting to see what happens with O.  In these first PP cycles, how in the heck am I supposed to know when I O-- the EWCM starts stops, starts stops... so frustrating!  I'm thinking I'm going to have to start temping (I know it won't be exact, since my wake-up times are all over the place because of nursing-- but I should still get a general idea and see a general temp rise after O).  How many of you ladies on here are doing your temps daily and charting?  I really just wanted to be more 'relaxed' about ttc'ing for awhile though... temping seens counter to that!  Haha, so does visualizing sperm meeting egg while DTD...

#82 of 147 Old 11-18-2012, 11:09 AM

Tenzinsmama, I'm so glad you brought that up. I ovulated according to ff (based on my last cycle) 5 days ago! But, never got ewcm, only creamy and cramping. Today and yesterday I found gobs of ewcm, I have no idea what that indicates. So we dtd just in case! I swear, if we don't get pregnant this month, I will be in shock! We have made it impossible for this eggie to not meet sperm! LOL

#83 of 147 Old 11-18-2012, 11:37 AM

I just stumbled upon this - actually in the opposite camp (TTA thread!) BUT...I just had my 2nd PP cycle, and I had EWCM, one day of creamy, then another patch of watery/fertile cm.  If I hadn't been temping, I would have been clueless, but I had a clear temp dip and shift right in the middle of all this (FF put O on the creamy day in the middle).  

I was confused by the fertile cm after O, but it said that the corpus luteum can still produce enough estrogen after the egg is released to cause a post-O patch of fertile cm.  That said, I think the "just in case" approach is still a good idea! thumb.gif  (It does seem kind of odd you would have your most fertile cm after O, but hey - I'm no expert!  Some women also have EWCM right before AF, but hoping that's not the case for you...)

HTH!  Good luck to all. smile.gif

~ Lucky wife of DH blowkiss.gifand loving mama to DS biggrinbounce.gif (04/11) ~

treehugger.gif * femalesling.GIF * ecbaby2.gif *cd.gif * familybed1.gif * bf.gif * namaste.gif *

#84 of 147 Old 11-18-2012, 11:54 AM

Pickle18, odd is right! Only because my ewcm makes it so comfortable and pleasurable for me to dtd. Why can't I get that around ovulation greensad.gif

#85 of 147 Old 11-18-2012, 04:24 PM

Blonhrt88: have you tried a lube like pre-seed? It's supposed to be a TTC-friendly "aide" for making DDT more comfortable...especially since nursing can really dry up your cm...I have never used it personally, because I never heard about it until joining the TTC boards, but I sure as heck CAN'T dtd without some sort of lube, since having kids...

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
#86 of 147 Old 11-18-2012, 08:44 PM

I am taking soy isoflavins on CD 3-6 or 2-5.  Last time I think that is what helped to push me over the edge and get pregnant with my son, so I have fingers crossed for this month.  We will see though..... not feeling too confident, it took us over a year last time with a miscarriage in the mix and I realized this cycle that I am upset that this seems so HARD! Whatever was I worrying about when I was younger?! 

Good luck to everyone!

#87 of 147 Old 11-18-2012, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I have had random EWCM also and definitely got it last month before my period... so that is very interesting indeed.  
Im on CD 29 tomorrow (of a usually 28 day cycle).... and NO PERIOD!!!!!!  biggrinbounce.gif

Can't wait to test again with FMU tomorrow.  SUPER BFN's today.... but still hopeful since I'm only at DPO 10.  I've at least had a longer LP than last month!  If it goes past tomorrow, I will be pretty confident we timed well and LP is long enough to sustain, even if HCG isnt high enough to detect yet!!!  I don't wanna be too hopeful.  But I'm definitely not feeling like I'm getting my period.  And last month... whoa, LOTS of HORRIBLE cramping by now.  YOOHOO!!!

Keep those updates coming!  Can't wait to see who graduates this month!  Sticky baby dust ladies!dust.gif

#88 of 147 Old 11-18-2012, 10:12 PM

Is anybody taking B6 to lengthen their LP?  I had some Day 3 bloodwork done two weeks ago, and the results came back showing that I have high prolactin levels from nursing, which isn't surprising.  I might have mentioned that on here already-- I forget (too much sleep deprivation).  Anyway, I read on Kelly.mom that the amount naturally goes down significantly at the 6 month mark, and a couple other sites I looked at said that B6 supplements can bring down prolactin.  What I read is that 50-100mg is recommended.  I'm going to start taking it, with the hope that it brings my level down and gets me closer to a good LP length.  Who knows what it's going to be like for the first few cycles, although I would bet it will be on the short side if last time is any indication.  But maybe I will get a nice surprise and it will be great right off the start!  Even better would be a bfp without too much trying! 

#89 of 147 Old 11-19-2012, 05:36 AM - Thread Starter

i plan to start taking it next month if I don't get a BFP this month.  

i made comprehensive "TTC while nursing" plans.  this month was grapefruit and maca every morning.  Next month is going to be B6.  Its already in the cabinet waiting.  I'll start as soon as AF comes. fingers are still crossed that she wont show thumb.gif

FMU was BFN this morning :(  But still just DPO10!  So could be!!! AF is now a whole day later than last month! love.gif

#90 of 147 Old 11-19-2012, 10:38 AM

Blonhrt88 - I often get fertile CM right after O as well. I don't know why! But I also find that sometimes FF's O date is off by a day or two, even if the temperatures back it up. To me, the day I get O cramps is the day I ovulated. This month the day I got my O cramps was the morning AFTER my big temperature jump, so FF says I O'ed the day before, but I don't believe it smile.gif FF and charting is a great tool to help pinpoint O but I think your own intuition on what day you O'ed is usually more accurate.

TenzinsMama - I temp and chart even with lots of night wakings. It gives me an idea of when I O'ed. It's not perfect especially considering how rarely I get 4 hours consecutive sleep before my 6am alarm goes off, but it does show a pattern.
On the B6 note - I would be really hesitant to take anything that would lower your prolactin levels when you have such a young babe, because it will decrease your milk production accordingly.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page