TTC while Nursing in NOVEMBER - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-19-2012, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Duh, forgot my AFM part - O'ed last Friday (despite FF thinking I O'ed on Thursday) so into the 2WW now. Planning to hold off testing until the 30th - a BFP would be a great end of the month surprise! We had really good timing at least. I have decided not to temp for the 2WW this month, in hopes that it will stop me from obsessing smile.gif

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 06:06 PM

Thank you living sky!

I had a great textbook cycle of cm this month, and dtd every chance we got! Hoping we all get our bfp this month, I would looooove to tell DH and in laws around Xmas orngbiggrin.gif

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

Our Breastfeeding Journey @ www.MotherHoodinEden.com
Old 11-19-2012, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

me too :))  I REALLY want to give at + HPT to my MIL for christmas.  She is coming to visit for a few months all the way from Turkey.  She would be sooo happy :)

DD1 7 1/2 years DS1 3 1/2 years And DS2   7/18/13
Old 11-19-2012, 07:25 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

LivingSky, I was thinking that by the time the B6 was built up enough in my system to have an effect and possibly alter my milk supply , that I would be ready at that point to take a chance on losing some. I want to have as much of a chance as possible to have another baby, and my age is working against me--in fact the statistics are pretty disheartening (I'm going to be 43 next month).  I really hope for two things: to get my bfp/take home baby, and, for  DD to nurse for a good while yet.   Even if it's a couple times a day, to preserve the nursing relationship.  I think that is possible-- fortunately, I have had a great supply, for this baby and when i was nursing DS-- I nursed him until halfway into my pregnancy with DD, which is when he self-weaned. 

Wouldn't it be a wonderful Christmas present for us to give our loved ones-- the news of a bfp?!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
Old 11-19-2012, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   line eye or faint + on the last 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-20-2012, 03:23 AM

Ahhh I see it! I would say congrats! Blow some baby dust over here woman!!

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

Our Breastfeeding Journey @ www.MotherHoodinEden.com
Old 11-20-2012, 07:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I don't usually log on here in the morning but I just had to check if you got your BFP yet MyKidKissTrees.  I have no idea how to read your strips but I'm happy to hear that it looks like you might have your positive.  Wishing you very sticky baby vibes!!!

I'm CD26 today which was the day AF arrived last month.  No signs yet (well, maybe a little cramping last night but it was so mild and I was so tired from a long day on my feet).  I plan to test on Thursday (CD28).  MyKidKissTrees, definitely send along some baby dust to all us mamas still waiting!!!

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
Old 11-20-2012, 08:39 AM

MyKidKissesTrees - I definitely see a line on the last few! CONGRATS!!

Hey - where do you ladies order the Wondfo strips from? I've never ordered them before and I think I'd like to get some.

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Old 11-20-2012, 12:44 PM

Will be exited to see the progression of the strips mykids!

Still no ppaf here but had ewcm today for the first time and cervix is in fertile position! Hopefully O is coming smile.gif Good luck ladies!

DD 19 mos. 

Old 11-21-2012, 05:29 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies!!!  I was out all day yesterday, FMU was a little darker (finally visible with human eyes instead of crazy woman eyes), then last nights around 9pm was much more visible actually pink, still not dark...

BUT... just woke up and tested and theres like NOTHING.  greensad.gif so, im definitely worried that my bean didnt implant and we might be losing this one.  My son also nursed ALL NIGHT LONG the last two nights.  I wonder if that has anything to do with it....

AND feeling a little crampy too.  thought it was just remnants of the uti maybe... but now I think AF might be coming.  Will keep everyone posted.

Anyone else into testing yet!

I got my tests off amazon for $12 for like 10 HCG and 30 LH (I think- maybe 50- but i used so many i cant remember).  my friend said they're cheaper on ebay though.  but she doesnt get the LH.  

so the waiting will continue... 

Old 11-21-2012, 06:08 AM

Sticky baby vibes, mykidkisstrees!!!!! Try not to freak out too much unless you actually get AF, even the best strips can fool you. Hugs and sticky vibes to all!
Old 11-21-2012, 09:48 AM

Thanks MyKidKissesTrees, I'll check out both Ebay and Amazon. I'm hoping today's strip was a fluke and you'll get a much darker line later today or tomorrow!

Old 11-21-2012, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

I just checked!  Theres 50OPKs and 20HCGs!  

Old 11-21-2012, 01:36 PM

Can you update me to Stretch 358  DS 19mo

MyKidKissesTrees - crossing my fingers for you.

I get my tests from babywishes.org they are more expensive then some other internet cheapies but they are wider and easier for me to read.

DS turned 19mo on friday and still no sign of AF returning anytime soon.  I am getting super impatient and nervous.  I'm 36.75 and I would love to have 2 more kiddos, and I feel like time is running out.  I may try vitex real soon.  I am giving my body until Jan. to get there on it's own, then I am intervening.

DS 4/11

Old 11-21-2012, 04:30 PM

Anyone here have 3 kids under 6?  I keep wondering if I'm ready to "really" ttc another, or if it's just my hormones going crazy.  My oldest is 4, and will be turning 5 around the birth if we conceive in the next few months.  My younger is 22 months, and is just starting to talk. So, he'd be on his way to 3.   He is a very spirited boy, into everything.  I hate to say "typical boy" because as a feminist, I usually don't say those sorts of things, but he is!  He loves trucks and making messes and just tears through a room, or a yard leaving havoc in his dust.  He is very sweet, and is a challenge to keep up with, but I'm learning this is the experience of many mothers of 2 year olds, boy and girl.  My oldest has always been SO easy. 

Anyway, long question made short, can you tell me what made you decide to space your kids as you did, and looking back, what is your assessment of that decision?

I feel the desire to get pregnant so strongly, it's a serious challenge to ignore it, but I worry about my daily life afterwards.  My partner is cool with either way, wait or not.  He is so agreeable, but isn't the best person to solicit advice from.

Thanks in advance, Happy thanksgiving.

Congrats Kidkisstrees!

Partner to one: '08  Mama to three: '08, '11, '13  homebirth.jpgintactlact.gif
Old 11-21-2012, 07:13 PM

Emily11megan: we are in the same boat too: my oldest is 3.5 and my youngest is 1.5, and I really want to be TTCing, but I'm also worried about not being as patient as I ought to be with my older kids. I remember when DD2 was born, DD1, who is high needs, got very neglected, and I don't want to be that kind of a mom to her again...it doesn't help that I work full time, so I already feel like I'm short-changing my kids greensad.gif. I guess it just depends on how you feel in your heart; I know if I didn't work, I'd be totally fine with having another in nine months...but as it is, I would prefer to wait until DD2 is closer to two years old before trying again. eyesroll.gif

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
Old 11-21-2012, 08:36 PM

Emily, my DS is coming up to 28 months, and DD will be 6 months next week.  The decision for me to have them close together like this, and to also be ttc'ing right now, is my age.  I will be 43 next month.  I really would like to have three children-- my family doesn't feel complete as it is right now, and I guess if I'm not successful this time around then I will have to be at peace with just having 2... but we'll have tried.  I am with DH#2-- we've only been together 5 years, so that's why I'm so late in starting my family.  DS is high needs/spirited-- quite a joy, but also a handful  (and he is SO busy)-- and on the other hand, DD is very easy.  Some days it feels really chaotic, and other times it doesn't... I think I get more tired and my back aches, etc. because of my age (though I am very healthy)-- yes, I would love to sleep through the night someday soon, and sit down and have long, solid conversation with DH over the dinner table whenever I want to... but it is what it is.  I just have this pull from within--my heart speaking to me-- about ttc'ing for #3.  I don't have any strong thoughts on my head that tell me, 'no, no, no!'  So the heart wins.  We'll see how this plays out... ! 

Old 11-21-2012, 08:38 PM

MyKidKissTrees, please update us after you POAS tomorrow morning.  I'm cheering for you - I can tell you're SO excited - I hope you get an obvious BFP tomorrow!

AFM, I POAS'd last night with dilute urine.  BFN of course, it was silly to test, but I broke down.  I'm CD28 tomorrow morning so I plan to test again then (not sure of when I O'd - likely CD13-16 based on symptoms).  I had a short 26 day cycle last month so I'm already late by those standards.  My prior 2 PPAF cycles were 29 days.  So excited but also not too hopeful because DH was out of town when I needed him home most.  If we caught the egg, we likely caught it on the day of O.

emilyllmegan, baby making hormones are SO strong, it can definitely be difficult to decide if it's your head or your heart or just your body driving your need to TTC.  I know for myself, I feel like I can't not try.  I might be TTCing until menopause arrives, ha ha.  Like you, my partner is so agreeable to whatever I decide - it's really not very helpful when trying to make family planning decisions - but I'm definitely not complaining since I know many women who struggle with a partner who decides no more yet they want more.  I think we're at a similar stage.  My oldest will be almost 5 and my youngest will be about just under 2.5 if/when this baby arrives.  I didn't mind the 30 month age gap between my 1st and 2nd so we're trying for the same age gap again (as much as we really have any control about these things!).  My youngest is definitely more active and more strong willed than my first so parenting her has been a bit of a learning curve and I'm sure that her personality will pose new challenges if/when baby #3 arrives but I'm also more confident this time around that we'll all be OK.  Are you actively TTC now?

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
Old 11-22-2012, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Lines are MUCH darker today!  I almost didn't test, because they were still super light last night.  But I'm so glad I did.  I feel like I can enjoy my Thanksgiving in peace knowing that our baby is developing in there nice and cozy :)

I will be co-hosting the August 2013 DDC and I'm super excited about it!!!  I hope many more of you will get BFP in the next month and will come join us in the DDC!!!  

:)1000

ALSO!!  Is anyone interested in taking over the TTC While Nursing thread for next month??  Let me know!!!  

Old 11-22-2012, 12:43 PM

Wow congrats on your BFP Mykidkisstrees!! joy.gif I'm pretty sure I'm due in July but we will see what the US says in a while. It would have been fun to end up in the same DDC smile.gif
Old 11-22-2012, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Also!  I wanted to say.  I had DS when DD was almost 4 and although in my head I had wanted them closer, I was COMPLETELY overwhelmed once it happened.  But now that I have accepted some level of complete inability to have control over my life... I seriously feel like I could add 10 more.  And thats just how DH likes it.  BUT... he has promised to hire so help a couple days a week.  I tend to get irritable with the kids if I keep trying to clean up and they keep messing up.  It will also be better once our basement is finished and they can be sent downstairs to play and I can hangout up stairs with the baby!

So, when Baby August (thats the nickname I picked for this one hahaha) is born, DD with be 6 1/2 years and DS will be 2 3/4 years old.  I believe DD will be a super helper, she already is with her brother.  So I am really not too worried.  Dont be afraid to give your oldest important jobs.  Don't expect them to always be done right, but the more you trust them with tasks, the better they will get.  So a few glasses get broken on the way and the silverware drawer never looks good..  and only part of the floor is really vaccuuumed well.  Soon #1 will be a PRO!  I just acted like I was having a super fun time cleaning and straightened the house and now the kids think its a game and fight over who get to do what.  Its HILARIOUS!!!  a wee bit disengenuous... but it worked ;)

I say go for it.  You'll never BE ready for such a life altering thing.  What made us ultimately decide to start trying now?  DH is 36.  He wants to be around to watch the kids grow up and to be a grandpa.  And then men in his family often aren't.  So for him, waiting was wasting.  Especially since he wants more.  And I told him I'd rather be done in my early 30's if I can help it.  So that factored in also, since I will be 28 next month.

I always think though, you never really regret these kind of choices because children are like snowflakes and once you get one, you'd never have it any other way ;)

THANKS SKYCHEAT!!!  It would be so cool :)  You can always pop over and visit.  Maybe yours will go late and you'll end up in August ;)

Old 11-22-2012, 01:40 PM

congrats, mykid!  nice dark line there!

Old 11-22-2012, 06:07 PM

Congrats, MyKid!!! Threadkeeper's luck, lol!!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone south of the border smile.gif

Old 11-22-2012, 07:31 PM

Congrats again MyKidsKissTrees!!!

BFN for me today and AF arrived late this afternoon (CD28).  I'm more disappointed than I thought I would be considering DH was away during my most fertile days.  I was hopeful we had caught the egg on the day of O.  I guess I'll need to be updated to waiting to O (DD20 mos, 4PPAF).  Wishing everyone else in the 2WW better luck than me!

Old 11-23-2012, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Lida!! 

I am so sorry to hear that AF arrived AngelKK :(  Hugs!  December might be the month!!  

Old 11-23-2012, 10:31 AM

Thanks for the responses, everyone. 

We keep going back and forth about TTC, then every month we don't use protection HAHA, I guess we both really want another baby, but are afraid to say so.  Well, I think I'll O in the next few days, and we did our usual thing, tried last night without discussing it.  So, I guess I can be added to Waiting to Know again :) 

I'm glad to know that so many of you are in the same place I am, it really helps to hear my own inner thoughts be spoken aloud by others.  You gals have been so helpful.

KidKissTrees, that looks great!  And it gets me excited, as looking at pg tests always do :)

Partner to one: '08  Mama to three: '08, '11, '13  homebirth.jpgintactlact.gif
Old 11-23-2012, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)

Hello Mamas!

My dd is 17 months old and no ppaf yet... We really really want to to start trying again for #2! I posted on MDC about ttc while nursing a couple of months ago and researched alot online. Nothing much has changed since then. I started taking temperature and checking CP, temps were all over the place, etc. I see a lot of mamas here with dd/ds similar to mine already fertile! So envious! :)

Can I be added to the list even though no ppaf yet (so technically, can't really even begin to ttc......)? It would be nice to have some company regarding ttc and nursing...everyone is telling me to wean but I don't want to yet...

single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
Old 11-23-2012, 07:47 PM

Hi girlspn.  There are a few of us in the same boat on this thread, although we tend to post intermittently since you're right, it's hard to actively TTC.   My feeling is If you don't want to wean don't do it! If you feel the urge to wean, then wean.  Only do what feels right for you and your situation.  Your body will become fertile again when it is ready.  It's probably not far off.  It's not easy to be patient and wait, I'm waiting too, and just want that PPAF so bad, but she's just not here.  I actually stopped charting a while back because there was nothing really to follow and I kept getting excited that maybe I O'd, and then would be sad when my tests were BFN.  It helped a little to get off that roller coaster for a few weeks.  What I've seen on here is that everyone finds their own comfort level with whether they want to cut down their nursing frequency for TTC.  Many of the mamas have not done so and been successful without cutting back at all.    

DD 19 mos. 

Old 11-23-2012, 07:47 PM

Welcome, Girlspn! To answer your question, you can totally get pregnant without getting AF! Not everyone does, but it's certainly not unknown! smile.gif

My youngest DD was also born in June last year...were you in the June DDC here on mdc?

Old 11-24-2012, 01:42 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)

Hi AudreyB3!

I gave up charting as well. I would get all excited when I think I see a pattern, and find out it's just well, wishful thinking, lol. Unfortunately, I get very scant CM even around ovulation time, so can't go by that... 

I can't see us weaning anytime soon. DD needs to be nursed to sleep, nurses for a long time in the morning, and is just a happy kid nursing. 

In the last couple of weeks I've gotten cramping that I know is not digestion related. Never been happier to feel period cramps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyB3 View Post

Hi girlspn.  There are a few of us in the same boat on this thread, although we tend to post intermittently since you're right, it's hard to actively TTC.   My feeling is If you don't want to wean don't do it! If you feel the urge to wean, then wean.  Only do what feels right for you and your situation.  Your body will become fertile again when it is ready.  It's probably not far off.  It's not easy to be patient and wait, I'm waiting too, and just want that PPAF so bad, but she's just not here.  I actually stopped charting a while back because there was nothing really to follow and I kept getting excited that maybe I O'd, and then would be sad when my tests were BFN.  It helped a little to get off that roller coaster for a few weeks.  What I've seen on here is that everyone finds their own comfort level with whether they want to cut down their nursing frequency for TTC.  Many of the mamas have not done so and been successful without cutting back at all.    

single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List