TTC while Nursing in NOVEMBER - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 147 Old 11-24-2012, 12:45 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Lidamama84,

I heard about that, but couldn't find anything on it! I sure wish it would happen to me, lol :)

I'd only discovered MDC late in my pregnancy and didn't post much to the June DDC, and started posting questions mostly on newborn and breastfeeding. How's your little one? Are you ready for another?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidamama84 View Post

Welcome, Girlspn! To answer your question, you can totally get pregnant without getting AF! Not everyone does, but it's certainly not unknown! smile.gif
My youngest DD was also born in June last year...were you in the June DDC here on mdc?

single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
#122 of 147 Old 11-24-2012, 10:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKidKissTrees View Post

ALSO!!  Is anyone interested in taking over the TTC While Nursing thread for next month??  Let me know!!!  

I'm willing to take over for December (hoping your threadkeeper's luck wears off on me!) but I won't be able to host January's thread because I'll be back in school.  I'm hoping I'll be one of many who get a BFP as an early Christmas present!!!

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#123 of 147 Old 11-24-2012, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome girlspn!  i will add you to waiting to catch the first PP egg :)

Awesome!!!!  Thanks AKK!!!  I hope you will get OPs luck also joy.gif

I really cant wait until the 30th to see how many of you got your BFPs!!!!  The suspense is killing me!!!!

DD1 7 1/2 years DS1 3 1/2 years And DS2   7/18/13
#124 of 147 Old 11-24-2012, 05:24 PM

I know! The 30th is like...THE DAY, haha.

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

Our Breastfeeding Journey @ www.MotherHoodinEden.com
#125 of 147 Old 11-25-2012, 04:04 AM

Girlspn, I didn't discover mdc until late in my pregnancy either, then the whole group moved to fb, and I don't have an account, so I never really posted a whole lot either smile.gif. My little one is good, but still nurses A TON!! I went back to work when she turned one, so life is pretty hectic right now...I really feel ready for another, I want two more kids and I don't want to be a new mom for the next ten years, lol, but I feel so overwhelmed a lot of the time too...so we'll probably wait until the new year to TTC.

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
#126 of 147 Old 11-25-2012, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

"...don't want to be a new mom for the next ten years"-- this is how I feel!!! 

We also want 2 more kids, and ready to start the moment af comes back. My dd still nurses all the time. I read that night-weaning could make the difference, but I can't see any way to avoid nursing at night, as dd won't go back to sleep without nursing.

It helps to know other nursing moms are in the same boat :) I don't know anybody in real life who understands. Everyone just says, well she should have stopped nursing a long time ago!

Quote:

Girlspn, I didn't discover mdc until late in my pregnancy either, then the whole group moved to fb, and I don't have an account, so I never really posted a whole lot either smile.gif. My little one is good, but still nurses A TON!! I went back to work when she turned one, so life is pretty hectic right now...I really feel ready for another, I want two more kids and I don't want to be a new mom for the next ten years, lol, but I feel so overwhelmed a lot of the time too...so we'll probably wait until the new year to TTC.

single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
#127 of 147 Old 11-25-2012, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

OMG< i got attacked recently by 2 crazed women who thought I was practically setting my child up for sex therapy one day by nursing him at ALMOST 2 years old.  I was like, yeah there just isnt a single piece of evidence to support that whatsoever.  Its a society constructed idea.  Other cultures have much less sexual perversion than we see here and they nurse their boys longer.  much longer.  So, I think the opposite could quite possibly be true.  UH!  So, yeah, people think Im crazy when I talk about wanting to have another while nursing DS.  Because obvioulsy I should have had my period at 6 months post partum... when i should have weaned him!  duh!  so annoying!!!  

#128 of 147 Old 11-26-2012, 10:20 AM

If you use an expired cheapy internet test and the control line comes up, can you consider it accurate? I have a bunch of cheapies I got when TTC my second ds (got pregnant on the first try so didn't need many tests!). They expired in the summer. Since I'm not really hopeful I'll be pg anytime soon (no PPAF yet) then I've just been testing every once in awhile, just for fun. The control line shows up so they're probably still accurate, right? I'm too cheap to buy new ones... lol!

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#129 of 147 Old 11-26-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlspn View Post

We also want 2 more kids, and ready to start the moment af comes back. My dd still nurses all the time. I read that night-weaning could make the difference, but I can't see any way to avoid nursing at night, as dd won't go back to sleep without nursing.

It helps to know other nursing moms are in the same boat :) I don't know anybody in real life who understands. Everyone just says, well she should have stopped nursing a long time ago!

I am in the same boat with you DS was born apr 2011 and will only nurse back to sleep, he throws a major temper tantrum if DH goes near him.  Since both DH and I work it is just not worth it to loose sleep trying to nightwean.  I just cut back to pumping 1x a day while I work.  After the holidays I'm done pumping and I will just nurse when I am home.  I was hoping to make it until spring but I hate pumping And I really want AF back. 

StephandOwen - I have gotten some wicked evaps on expired tests before.  I still use them but if it looks like a faint pos I double check with a non expired test.

DS 4/11

#130 of 147 Old 11-26-2012, 09:02 PM

Hi

I just posted in the TTC forum about possible implantation bleeding or a messed up AF.

I'd like to join this thread please. DH and I are TTC #4. I have an 8yo DD & 5yo DS from previous marriage & 19mo DS who I'm breastfeeding 3-5x a day depending on whether I'm at home or work. We just night weaned him. I went off micronor in mid Oct so I guess we've been TTC x6 wks. I was only getting AF every 2-3 months. I had AF Aug 8 and then Nov 8.

All we are doing at this point is having sex every 1-2 days. I haven't been monitoring O or anything. If we don't have a BFP within then next month ill need to go back on BC because we are going to New Zealand in March to visit family and I don't want to have morning sickness while there/ traveling (I'm always sick until week 13-14). So it's now or wait 3 months. I'm kind of impatient because I'm getting older (just turned 35) and we don't want too big of an age gap between them all.

Looking forward to hanging out with the group smile.gif

Mummy to DD-8yrs (Jan-04), DS-5yrs (Dec-06) and DS2-19mths (Apr-11). pos.gif #4 EDD July 26 2013

nocirc.giflactivist.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifbfolderchild.gif

#131 of 147 Old 11-26-2012, 09:17 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Well, it looks like AF is on her way... very light spotting tonight, so should be fully here tomorrow.  That would mean a 29 day cycle this month.  I'm surprised that it's this regular already, in terms of the CD.  I have no idea if/when I O'd though-- looking back on my chart, I had EWCM a couple different times around mid-cycle, which would mean it's a possibility, but I've got no idea of knowing for sure.  I really need to think about temping... I really dislike temping though, it's a pain when I'm up so many times each night.  I'm usually half asleep when nursing DD, since we co-sleep most of the time, so I've got no idea of what time of night it is or the amount of hours in a row I'm sleeping-- I wouldn't say I'm even getting 3 hours...

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#132 of 147 Old 11-26-2012, 09:46 PM

So excited to check back in and see some BFPs!  Yay for new babies!

I'm also personally very happy to see StephandOwen on here... we were (are) in the same DDC with our 13-month old babes...

Anyway, my baby Palesa is far from night-weaned, but I felt like there have been a ton of positive changes in the past 2 weeks.  She's been eating a lot more solid food, nursing a bit less, and sleeping for 6+ hours at a time at night (I think... we co-sleep so I never really remember if she nurses or not).  But I know we have had longer stretches more consistently at night.  I'm taking vitex as well.  Last week or so I had 2 days of EWCM, for the first time.  I hadn't had any PP, so this is definitely a positive sign.  I don't believe I O'd, because I saw no thermal shift.  I'm pretty consistent about taking my temp at the same time, but I am occasionally waking up while nursing, so my temps could just be all wonky.  Is temp a reliable indicator of O while nursing at night?  We DTD a few times around the 2 occurances of EWCM, but I'm definitely not holding my breath.  Feeling very optimistic about signs of returning fertility though!

Amy, feathering our nest with sweet husband O and baby girl, P (October 2011). 
#133 of 147 Old 11-27-2012, 03:20 AM

Girlspn, my DD2 is totally not ready to nightwean, whereas DD1 weaned completely by 21 mos. I'm just trying to be patient and remember that. Each child has their own unique needs. I went through a couple of weeks of feeling miserable about the whole night-waking/weaning situation, and then I decided that I was just going to relax and give it another few months; I mean they change so very quickly at this age...she's talking lots, and otherwise happy and normal, so who am I to mess with her one big need, which probably wouldn't be as intense if I didn't work full time...ok, rant over! But I can't believe ppl ar telling you she "should" be weaned!! That's so weird!! The ONLy person who has ever mentioned weaning my kids to me is DH, and he's only joking (mostly), and it's when he sees them doing nursing acrobatics, lol...either way, with other ppl, I just say things like, "of course, my youngest is still nursing... (Fill in rest of sentence here). No one has ever said anything wink1.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlspn View Post

"...don't want to be a new mom for the next ten years"-- this is how I feel!!! 

It helps to know other nursing moms are in the same boat smile.gif I don't know anybody in real life who understands. Everyone just says, well she should have stopped nursing a long time ago!

OMG, mykidkisstrees, I think I would have flipped out if a stranger started sexualizing my ONE year old like that!! Granted, I don't have a son, so maybe nursing a girl is somehow more ok, but, WTH? I always think its so funny that our western society has this mentality of "of course you'll breast feed your baby, that's the best....until six months....then it's a HUGE sacrifice on mom's part...until a year...then if your baby is still not on the bottle it's...creepy?" Like, we all expect that AT SOME POINT, baby WILL eventually need to take a bottle....although I DO understand this mentality more in countries like the US which has such a short mat leave policy, and is big on mother-baby separation...ok, rant #2 over smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKidKissTrees View Post

OMG< i got attacked recently by 2 crazed women who thought I was practically setting my child up for sex therapy one day by nursing him at ALMOST 2 years old.  I was like, yeah there just isnt a single piece of evidence to support that whatsoever.  Its a society constructed idea.  Other cultures have much less sexual perversion than we see here and they nurse their boys longer.  much longer.  So, I think the opposite could quite possibly be true.  UH!  So, yeah, people think Im crazy when I talk about wanting to have another while nursing DS.  Because obvioulsy I should have had my period at 6 months post partum... when i should have weaned him!  duh!  so annoying!!!  

#134 of 147 Old 11-27-2012, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter

Oh they werent strangers.  They were "friends."  if you know what I mean.  haha.  one of which has no children and is still unmarried at almost 40.  So there may more going on there than just a severe lack of education.

#135 of 147 Old 11-27-2012, 10:06 AM

I think AF has found me greensad.gif

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#136 of 147 Old 11-27-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:

so who am I to mess with her one big need, which probably wouldn't be as intense if I didn't work full time...

This is exactly how I feel.  I too think DS is soo needy with the nursing because of my FT working.

Living Sky - Sorry AF found you.

DS 4/11

#137 of 147 Old 11-27-2012, 03:48 PM

Livingsky, BOO! Go away, AF!!

#138 of 147 Old 11-27-2012, 04:17 PM

I guess I don't need to join after all. I POAS this morning and got a BFP smile.gif good luck everyone! This will be my first time nursing while pregnant & maybe tandem nursing.

Mummy to DD-8yrs (Jan-04), DS-5yrs (Dec-06) and DS2-19mths (Apr-11). pos.gif #4 EDD July 26 2013

#139 of 147 Old 11-27-2012, 04:36 PM

Congrats Mamaki! I had a similar very short stint here in TTC while nursing. How old is your nursling? DD is about 20 months and I'm due in July. I'm definitely hoping to nurse through this pregnancy and tandem after. So far DD is very much interested so I'm happy. Wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy!
#140 of 147 Old 11-27-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycheattraffic View Post

Congrats Mamaki! I had a similar very short stint here in TTC while nursing. How old is your nursling? DD is about 20 months and I'm due in July. I'm definitely hoping to nurse through this pregnancy and tandem after. So far DD is very much interested so I'm happy. Wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy!

Very similar! My DS2 is 19mo and loves his milkies. So we may end up tandem nursing. Wishing you the same!! My EDD is Aug 15 smile.gif

#141 of 147 Old 11-27-2012, 04:47 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Great news, mamaki!  Congrats!  Turned out to be great timing for you-- now you won't be having morning sickness during your trip-- yay!

LivingSky, sorry to hear AF has found you-- I'm CD1 today, too.  Let's hope December brings us a nice healthy bfp!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#142 of 147 Old 11-27-2012, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

YAY Mamaki!!!  Will move you to Success :)

So Sorry to hear that Tenzins :(  hugs mama!

#143 of 147 Old 11-28-2012, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaki View Post

Very similar! My DS2 is 19mo and loves his milkies. So we may end up tandem nursing. Wishing you the same!! My EDD is Aug 15 smile.gif

You're due on my birthday lol. I was sort of hoping for a birthday baby but that would make LO really late lol
#144 of 147 Old 11-28-2012, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycheattraffic View Post

You're due on my birthday lol. I was sort of hoping for a birthday baby but that would make LO really late lol

Cool smile.gif you never know... My first was 1 day early, second 17 days early and third 10 days late.

#145 of 147 Old 11-30-2012, 07:16 AM

Congrats to those with recent BFPs!!!  Those of you testing today, please update us (and good luck!).

AFM, instead of stressing over cervical position and fluid (I don't temp b/c of BF and co-sleeping) that we're going to DTD every other day from AF to BFP (or AF, whichever arrives sooner).  If we're not successful this month, next month I'm going to use the ClearBlue Easy monitor I bought 2nd hand (although wow, the sticks are expensive!).  My next AF is due Dec 20th and I think it will be so wonderful to get a BFP just before Christmas... here's hoping!

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#146 of 147 Old 11-30-2012, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter

I am excited to see all of your results for today from everyone waiting until the 30th!!  I hope to see a bunch of you over in the August DDC :)

I wanted to say goodluck to the mamas who didnt get their BFP this cycle and wish them the best of luck in the next!  I will no longer be the OP for the TTC while Nursing thread. AngelKissedKids has kindly offered to take over for the December thread!! Thanks AKK!!  But I will pop back in now and then to check on you all :)  hugs and baby dust to you all!!!  dust.gif

#147 of 147 Old 11-30-2012, 09:17 PM

TTC while Nursing in DECEMBER thread is up: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1369174/ttc-while-nursing-in-december

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page