Hopeful Jo 8 PPAF, 8mo TTC, DS 17mo

May
Chloe'smamachartnew.gif 4 months ttc, 4ppaf, dd1-3.75, dd2 -20 months
OrganicViolin

April
mothershipchartnew.gif  2 mo TTC, 15 PPAF, DD 24 mo
OSUvet 1 PPAF, DS 13 months

March
 gardenbellechart1new.gif 9 months TTC, 9 PPAF, DD 22 months (the nurser) and DS 3 1/2
Julie 8 mo DS, 2 PPAF
CityMama2Q DD 20 MO

February
Lairac
Sere234 8 PPAF, 3 months TTC, DS 18 mo
icy02 6 PPAF, ds 19 m/o & ds 3 y/o
Pittnurse08chartnew.gif 18PPAF, 1 cycle ttc, DD 26m

January
Batia 9 PPAF, DS ~20 m/o
Carlin chartnew.gif 3 months TTC, 5 PPAF, DD 26 m/o
carmen358 chart.gif5 months TTC, 8 PPAF, DD 23 m/o
Jewels10 PPAF, DD 12 m/o
Mittens6 PPAF, 2 months TTC, DD 23 m/o
kelantan6 PPAF, 8 months TTC, DS 16 m/o
amydiane9 months TTC #3, DD 29 m/o
Ava's Mama chartnew.gif 12 months TTC, 10 PPAF, DD 34 m/o

Please put all changes in bold!

DD1 7 1/2 years DS1 3 1/2 years And DS2   7/18/13
#2 of 147 Old 11-01-2012, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome.gif 

to NOVEMBER!!!!

Can't wait to see who will graduate this month!!!!

#3 of 147 Old 11-01-2012, 11:21 AM

I need some advice! I just finished first Ppaf, and I'm on cd6. When is the best time to try and bd for conceiving? My ff is all messed up because I have only started my first cycle in over two years! In general, it's cd 13-15 correct?

I know it might take a while to get things organized in there, but I want to give myself the best chance anyway smile.gif

Btw, I'm not charting because breastfeeding has my temps all.over.the.place.

On a good note, before I started my first Ppaf I had VERY clear cm signs as to what was going on!

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

Our Breastfeeding Journey @ www.MotherHoodinEden.com
#4 of 147 Old 11-01-2012, 11:21 AM

I need some advice! I just finished first Ppaf, and I'm on cd6. When is the best time to try and bd for conceiving? My ff is all messed up because I have only started my first cycle in over two years! In general, it's cd 13-15 correct?

I know it might take a while to get things organized in there, but I want to give myself the best chance anyway smile.gif

Btw, I'm not charting because breastfeeding has my temps all.over.the.place.

On a good note, before I started my first Ppaf I had VERY clear cm signs as to what was going on!

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

#5 of 147 Old 11-01-2012, 11:23 AM

*not charting temps I mean

#6 of 147 Old 11-01-2012, 11:28 AM

I hear you, blonhrt.

I've had 2 AF since giving birth in Jan 11, and my cycle has me all kinds of confused.  I've never temped.  I usually have very clear O signs, and have gotten pregnant on the first month trying the last 2 times (1 ended in m/c at 11 weeks).  This time I had cramps (crazy, moaning AF-like cramps) for two days about 2-3 days after the start of my ewcm.  This is so unusual, I don't know what to say they were from...post-ovulation?

I have taken a few tests, and although I feel like it might be better to wait a few more months to get pg, I still feel SO let down when I see that it's neg.

My youngest is still such a baby, much more so than his sister was at his age.  I'm not sure if I'm ready to tackle another one, but still my hormones rage on, so I ttc...

I think I am about 7-8dpo now, but nursing so much, I'm not sure if I'll get many symptoms.

Looking forward to hearing how things turn out for everyone. I feel like a crazy woman, I wish I could just get pregnant on accident once, and find out at 5 weeks.  Skip all this dpo searching online!

Partner to one: '08  Mama to three: '08, '11, '13  homebirth.jpgintactlact.gif
#7 of 147 Old 11-01-2012, 11:35 AM

Haha, I know what you mean! I search online wayyyy to much. Last month was the worst, I was convinced I was pregnant. In fact, it was only ovulation gearing up and starting! I am so happy to finally have got a Ppaf thou, because I was feeling all kinds of crazy! I knew something had to be happening!

Maybe I'll skip a month or two like you did, I guess I'll find out! If my cycles are regular though, what's the best time as far as cycle days that someone is most fertile?

#8 of 147 Old 11-01-2012, 05:47 PM

Thanks for adding me!

Blonhrt88, the most common advice is to start dtd when your menstrual bleeding stops and then dtd every second day until your next AF starts or you get a BFP.  That way, early and late ovulation are both covered, there's always sperm present to catch an egg and your dh's sperm has time to replenish. 

emilyllmegan, I hear ya!  I wish I could be one of those women who find out at 20w that they're pregnant!  No lie!  But, alas, I always find out really early.  I'd love a shorter pg!  :P 

AFM, I'd really like any advice anyone can give on night weaning.  I would really like this little man to start sleeping longer stretches and to keep nursing to awake times only.  Any tips? :)

#9 of 147 Old 11-01-2012, 08:22 PM

Please add me to 2WW!

Sorry this isn't in bold, iPhone won't let me :-/ Thanks!
MyKidKissTrees likes this.
#10 of 147 Old 11-02-2012, 05:19 AM

Blonhrt - There's really no way to give advice on what CD is best for you without knowing what your cycle is like. If I BD'ed just on CD13-15 I'd never get pregnant smile.gif I O between CD 16-22. And, that is later than it was before I had DS, you may find the same thing, that your O date is different since your DS. Also the first cycle or two after your first PPAF may be whacky. So even with breastfeeding, I'd still try charting, or else buy a bunch of cheap OPKs smile.gif

BeautifulCanvas - Have you read the No Cry Sleep Solution book? It really helped us get DS to sleep longer stretches at night.

AFM: I think im out this month, spotting yesterday so af should be here today greensad.gif pls move me to Waiting to O

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#11 of 147 Old 11-02-2012, 05:36 AM

Beautifulcanvas, that sounds like a stress free approach! We are giving it a go and we'll see how it turns out smile.gif

Livingsky, that's good to know. Hopefully I'll see just a little regularity so I can get an idea of what my body's doing :/ starting my first Ppaf was on my goal list so I'm ecstatic that I'm even at this point! Lol. Progress!!!

#12 of 147 Old 11-02-2012, 08:12 AM

We also LOVE No Cry Sleep Solution, and Nap Solution, too.  Amazing, like worked immediately. 

I am caving, and gonna pick up a stick at the store today.  Sigh.  Last night I told myself no more, just wait and see, but I was too tired to argue with myself.  Today I am rejuvenated and ready to squint for that line.  LOL  My DH thinks I'm mad.

#13 of 147 Old 11-02-2012, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

I would love to night wean.  we moved DS into his sisters room... but he still just walks into our at night whenever hes hungry... which is still like 3x. ugh. and i think hes getting a tooth in because now he back to 6 month old style day time nursing, even if I say "later" he melts down now... ugh!

So sorry Living Sky :(  Hopefully this month will be the one for us!!  dust.gif

AFM:  Im on CD12 (technically cuz its 12:23am here hehe).  So today I will start drinking grapefruit with my morning maca hoping to drop my egg around CD 14 of my 28 day cycle, instead of CD 22!  Really hoping for a healthy LP this month!!!

All update to here!!  Let me know if I missed anything!!!

Yay for another month and another chance at making a new family member!!

#14 of 147 Old 11-02-2012, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

LivingSky, sorry to hear AF may be on the way...

Can I be added to the list, Waiting to ovulate please?  I just had my first PPAF this week... I'm so excited that it came-- one day after DD just turned 5 months old.  I wasn't sure when it was going to show, but I was hoping around this time frame (PPAF after DS came at 5.5 months, back in August 2010-- I was a grad from this thread back then, yay!). 

I'm really hoping this is a good sign that my body is still pretty fertile in the grand scheme of things-- I've got the lovely thing called 'advanced maternal age' going on.  It's pretty discouraging, when I see the statistics being what they are for pregnancy over 40 (given to me by my RE).  And then I go online to see what's on there, and it's not that encouraging either-- at least the sites that I found myself at.  But then, I have a friend and her mother got pregnant with her when she was 45-- and that was 40-some years ago.  So I'm going to keep trying to focus on the positive. 

The RE suggested my DH take antioxidants, and he could either take individual supplements, or buy the Fertilaid for men.  I got excited about the idea of the latter being on her list, and then thought I could take the stuff for women-- but, it's not for nursing mothers. I guess I'll see how my cycles go in terms of how wonky they are going to be for awhile, and then think about what to do next... unless you ladies have some suggestions of how I could get on track faster with other supplements, etc. 

I'm with you all in that I wish I could just find myself with a surprise pregnancy a few weeks into it... Then I wouldn't have to think about this stuff.

I hope November is a good month for us all!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#15 of 147 Old 11-03-2012, 02:29 AM

Thanks for the No Cry Sleep Solution suggestion, LivingSky and emilyllmegan.  I've never tried it before and I'm going to try and get it from the library.  There is no way little man will CIO, since there has been a couple of times where I couldn't get to him straight away and he just screamed away, getting more and more upset until I pick him up. 

Welcome TensinsMama.  I hope your stay is short!  What is in the Fertilaid?  I've never heard of it before and I think it might be a good idea for us too. 

Sorry about A/F LivingSky.  Here's hoping it's the last time you see her for a while.  hug2.gif

MyKidKissTrees, what does the grapefruit do?  I've seen it popping up on the preconception forums, but still have no idea what the benefits are.  Also, what changes have you seen with Maca?  I'm waiting for mine to arrive and was wondering if you could see it working. 

#16 of 147 Old 11-03-2012, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

You have been added Tenzins!!  Welcome :)  and yay for aunt flow and "advanced maternal" fertility!  My great-grandmother had several children after 40!  It can happen!

BeautifulCanvas I have no clue what grapefruit does ;)  Im just trying anything thats ever been mentioned.  haha.  I havent noticed any changes with the maca at all.  no increase in sex drive, no extra energy.  maybe its keeping me up later at night?  instead of getting tired around 10pm, now Im up until like 2am.  but Im taking it first thing in the morning... so not sure if the effects would last that long?  Im yeast sensitive and have been eating bread willy nilly.  so that always messes with me.  Im really not in touch with my body very much right now.  So we shall see... I gulped down 2 grapefruits worth of juice plus 2 "heaping" maca spoonfuls this morning... bleh!  Fingers crossed.  Just did my first LH test and it was -.  so no egg in sight yet...lurk.gif

#17 of 147 Old 11-04-2012, 06:12 AM

I'm thoroughly confused ladies....does anyone care to look at my chart and tell me what the heck is going on? This morning FF took away my crosshairs after one low-ish temp and one below the coverline. This has never happened before. I also never had a pos opk, but thats nothing out of the ordinary for me.
Any seasoned charter's input would be greatly appreciated smile.gif

My Ovulation Chart
#18 of 147 Old 11-04-2012, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

So, I'm totally feeling blah about TTC this month.  I was so sure we had timed everything perfectly last month and still BFN.  I was expecting AF to arrive on a Sunday (29 day cycle) and yet AF showed up the Thursday before (so I guess a 26 day cycle).  I don't chart or use OPKs but based on symptoms I think I O'd around CD14-16 so that would mean my LP was particularly short.  Can extra nursing the month before cause that?  My nursling was teething and then got sick for a week so there was lots of extra BF.

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#19 of 147 Old 11-05-2012, 10:58 AM

AngelKissedKids - if you O'ed on CD14-16 and AF arrived around CD26, you're okay for an LP length. Generally an RE will say anything from a 10 day LP and up is good enough. Certainly longer is great, but even shorter can sustain a pregnancy, so try not to fret too much about it. I know, easier said than done!

StlRNMommy: Well it looks like you got a positive OPK today, so hopefully you'll O in the near future! By your chart (without the OPK) I'd have guessed you haven't ovulated yet, or ovulated today.

AFM: Ladeeda, hanging out at CD5

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#20 of 147 Old 11-05-2012, 04:25 PM

Does anyone have any good resources on fertility and breastfeeding? I've read kellymom along with a few other sites, and I'm also a certified lactation counselor, but I want in depth info on what's going on with my body now that I have had one period. It was only for about three days and mostly just spotting. I want to know what that means as far as my uterine lining, luteal phase, ovulation, etc! I feel like I'm drowning in a lot of misinformation online!

#21 of 147 Old 11-06-2012, 08:28 AM

Continued negative tests but holding out hope for another few days.  Not buying any more tests, though.  I am trying to meditate on being good with what is.

How is everyone else doing?

#22 of 147 Old 11-06-2012, 10:33 AM

Sitting at waiting to ovulate. Just when my sex drive and ovulation came back, construction behind our apartment started. I'm having such bad nights, and my sexed rive is directy correlated with my amount of sleep. Hopefully ovulation happens next week after I catch up on some zzzz 's.

#23 of 147 Old 11-06-2012, 11:14 AM

Hi mamas!

My phone won't let me bold but I'd love to be added and jump in!
I have a lovely 19 month old nursling who just started to sleep better at night (down to one wake up since I switched her to heavy duty sposies overnight. I'm not thrilled to use them but I can't argue with the results). Since I'm sleeping well again and DD has stopped teething for the moment, DH and I have decided that sometime within the next year would be good timing for TTC. I'm a little worried about her weaning when I get pregnant but I'm 32 and would definitely like to have our second (and intended to be final) baby before I'm 35.
I've had AF back for over a year now and getting preggo the first time was easy so I feel very optimistic and grateful. For the last few months I've started feeling very mild cramps and breast sensitivity about two weeks after my period and I wonder if these are signs of ovulation?
For the time being, DH and I are just going with the flow as opportunities arise but if I don't get "knocked up" before March (DD's second birthday) then we will take a more active approach.

Hope to get to know you ladiesbetter in the coming weeks. Happy thoughts and lots of positive pee sticks for everyone!
#24 of 147 Old 11-06-2012, 01:22 PM

Still waiting for 1st ppaf. DD is down to 3 nursing sessions a day and one at night. Just a waiting patiently (ok not so patiently smile.gif)

DD 19 mos. 

#25 of 147 Old 11-07-2012, 02:39 PM

out this month... please change me to waiting to be ready. I'm going to wait several months before ttc again. good luck ladies!

#26 of 147 Old 11-08-2012, 08:58 AM

I apologize for my absence on here! lotsa busy goin on in my life currently! I wanted to share my experience with Vitex! I was waiting on my first PPAF to arrive (pretty impatiently) and decided to give it a try, I took 800mg a day in capsule form and within a couple weeks I found that I had a thermal shift and definitely O'ed!  I just had my first PPAF!  I am sure my body was trying to O before I tried Vitex, and I feel that it helped nudge things along for sure. So now I am waiting to O again! It will take me a bit to catch up on everyone's situations, but I am always reading and cheering for you all!  I think my DH and I will be taking a few cycles to get some of our life in better balance before TTC ....mixed feelings about that, but it will be ok! I will definitely be back when the right time arrives. I truly wish you all the best of luck and if anyone is waiting on that first PPAF, consider Vitex! <3 <3 <3! 

AudreyB3 likes this.
#27 of 147 Old 11-08-2012, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

You have been added Skycheat!!  Welcome.gif

So sorry Emily11Megan :(  Hugs.  I hope you get to where you need to be soon.hug2.gif

boobamama!  hey there!!  awesome about the vitex!!! keep us posted!!  let me know if you want me to move you anywhere special :)

Audrey the waiting is SO hard!!!  DS nurses SOO flipping much still.  He's cutting two molars right now. yikers!  He will be 2 years next month!  

Blonhrt: I dont have anything that would be helpful!  But now I know who to ask about my BFing issues wink1.gif

Cant wait to see how our ladies in the TWW already will do!

AFM:  DH and I have barely touched each other all month.  We've been sooo busy and I'm staying up too late now, he's heading to bed early.  Plus we both just feel fat and icky.  I think TTC is messing up our grove seriously.  Im just never in the mood.  Despite GOBS and GOBS of maca.  Im already on to my second bag!  Dont think I can keep spending $22 a month on it... especially if its not working.  I got what I THOUGHT was a +OPK today and 2pm.... but at 830pm tonight it was already gone.  And this mornings was -.  So, now I dont know WHAT to think.  Im just hoping I O ASAP, because otherwise I will have too short of an LP like last month.

Does everyone who get +OPKs get a DARKER line than the control or just the same color line?  Mine have never really been darker... so now I'm wondering am I anovulatory?  Are these just practice cycles?  Any ideas?

#28 of 147 Old 11-08-2012, 09:11 PM

Hi Ladies!  Still working to encourage some eggs here... DD just turned a year, and we'll officially start TTC on Jan 1.  I've been charting temps & cervical position.  Hard to tell with cervix, because in general it just feels so different than pre-baby!  But, no real signs, and hardly any CM either.  I've started taking vitex tincture- I made it about 2 years ago and still have it.  Too old?  Should I toss it and by new?  Are capsules different in terms of effectiveness?

We're still co-sleeping, and far from night-weaning.  I usually get 2-3 stretches of 5-6 hours between pumping/nursing per week.  I think I need to be offering her more solid food (we did BLW and have been pretty lax about offering solids).  The other thing is I'm wondering how much of an impact body fat/weight has on starting ovulation post-baby.  I'm about 10-15 lbs under pre prego weight, and my BMI is just under 20.  I wonder how much of a difference this actually makes?  I exercise regularly, and think I probably need to cut back on exercise, at least intensity.  Good thing we have the holidays coming up!

Amy, feathering our nest with sweet husband O and baby girl, P (October 2011). 
#29 of 147 Old 11-09-2012, 05:00 AM

Ok, so here I am at around the days I was at last month....when I was convinced I was pregnant. All those signs turned out to be ovulation, so we are DTD as much as we can for a while, see if we can catch this pesky eggie. So funny, all the symptom obsessing and testing caused me to miss out on dtd around ovulation last month, haha.

My ff says I'm not supposed to ovulate until the 14th, so I don't know if we can even conceive as of last night, but we will see I guess.

On a different note, what are some of your tricks to try and dtd with a little one around? We got creative last time, and set up DS with Legos and a movie and it bought us some alone time. But it has me thinking, what is the age where we won't be able to dtd while he's awake, risking he will be concerned or upset? He's 18 months so if he's not sleeping, which is the majority of our alone time, we can distract him for a short while, and if he's in the room he will usually just say hi and walk away.

I don't know why I'm thinking of this, maybe because we are ttc, and I'm running scenarios for what it will be like with two little ones around, lol. smile.gif

#30 of 147 Old 11-09-2012, 08:44 AM

Blonhrt88 that is a great question! I've never been comfortable with DTD while DD is awake, not even as a newborn! We reserve intimacy time to naps on the weekend or right after bedtime. It just creeps me out personally (not saying its wrong, just not for me) and even if I hear DD mumble in her sleep it really kills the mood for me. You're lucky he will stay occupied for a few minutes. My DD (19 months) has started playing a bit now but she checks in with me every two minutes. It works for DTDishes but not DTD lol.

I'd love to hear other ideas though! :-)

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page