Artificial Insemination Using MESA (Microsurgical Epididymal sperm extraction) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-01-2012, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband had a vasectomy a few years back after our first child was very sick (we were told it was CF - turns out it was not, and was nothing genetic) we are wanting to have another baby but would like to avoid the more invasive procedures if possible (like reversal or IVF) I have never had an issue getting pregnant (my husband says I'm pregnant just by thinking about it - clearly impossible in this case) I was told my a clinic that it can be possible to get pregnant using mesa and IUI, that the odds are lower then IVF but still posible, but have hear from lots of other people that it is not possible. Has anyone  heard of this, or had a positive experience? It's alot of money to spend on something that does not work.......just curious.

#2 of 2 Old 12-02-2012, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sorry, I haven't have no experience of this.

However my DH had a reversal and we conceived our little boy 7 months later. He had microsurgery, it was quick and easy(day surgery,home same day) and he was only out of action (off work) for about 4 days. I was 41 at the time. I have since conceived three more times but have miscarried each time ( which is most likely due to my age, I was 44 and 45 when I miscarried). Having my DH's fertility returned was definitely worthwhile. It meant we could have more than one go at it. The surgeon who did his reversal suggested we go straight to IVF with mesa(due to my age) but I felt the expense and the use of fertility drugs was unnecessary.

I wish you all the best. I hope you will be able to have your baby however you decide to go about it.

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page