November TWW Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 179 Old 11-02-2012, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

This is a place for everyone in the TWW!  Come in and say hello, get some support, ask some questions.  Then come back and let us celebrate your success or give you hugs and encouragement.

Good luck and dust.gif to all!  Let's make some summer babies!

HPT accuracy DPO 
10 dpo : 35% 
11 dpo : 51% 
12 dpo : 62% 
13 dpo : 68% 
14 dpo : 74% 
15 dpo : 80% 
16 dpo : 88% 
17 dpo : 92% 

18 dpo : 99%

Beautiful BFP's  pos.gif joy.gif

oregon2010 pos.gifcandle.gif

MyKidKissTrees pos.gif

starfish11 pos.gif

quantumleap pos.gif

mirpmamapos.gif

joyfamMamapos.gif

porcelinapos.gif

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#2 of 179 Old 11-02-2012, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am in my tww.   aaahh.  12 DPO.  Had a temp dip this morning and am worried I am out. 

I hope that like to my chart works.     

Me (34) Partner (30)  Parents to DS born at home (6/2010).  We are TTC #2.

#3 of 179 Old 11-02-2012, 12:27 PM

and so many congratulations on your BFP!

Me (34) Partner (30)  Parents to DS born at home (6/2010).  We are TTC #2.

#4 of 179 Old 11-02-2012, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you!!

#5 of 179 Old 11-05-2012, 06:23 AM

Thanks for starting a new thread Pokey - hope you are feeling well!!! We will start the BD this week....due to ovulate around day 18, today is day 12.....I was thinking day 12, 14, 16,17,18 and 20...does that sound like a good plan? I have ovulated a bit early before, and as late as 20 or 22, but 18 seems to be the norm lately.....

Karinlady.gif - breastfeeding fbbf.gif, cloth diapering: cd.gif, cosleeping ;familybed2.gif, homeschooling homeschool.gif, babywearing femalesling.GIF!, AP Mama to Martin, Ivy Rose, Patrick and Neva , wife to Kevinjammin.gif

#6 of 179 Old 11-06-2012, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Good luck everyone!

#7 of 179 Old 11-09-2012, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Any word, TillyBarry?

How is everyone else doing?

#8 of 179 Old 11-10-2012, 03:10 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Hi Pokey!! The suspense of this TWW is really getting to me. I am 7 DPO today. I've been experiencing pelvic pressure/fullness since last Sunday, 1 DPO, so I know it is not implantation related. It is just so strange! I have never felt this before. I know some women experience post-ovulatory cramping but I have not. SO, while the first week of the TWW I am usually able to embrace a zen-like calm, this time 'round, not so much. Instead I've been on hyper-aware/alert/diligent on symptom spotting duty, not so zen at all nut.gif Fingers crossed. We shall see!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

#9 of 179 Old 11-10-2012, 01:33 PM

I am there, too. Have had some twinges and flutters as well as cramping. I am also incredibly tired. Like can barely move tired. Part of that is this sinus thing but I get these about twice a year and this is more tired than I normally am.

Oh! And I have had the sharp, quick vaginal pains i had with both of my previous pregnancies.

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#10 of 179 Old 11-10-2012, 04:35 PM

I should O sometime between Monday and Wednesday...I'm already nervous about this month. Lol. AF came right on time this month with me really knowing in my gut I wasn't preg, so I wasn't surprised at all.

Speaking of gut feelings, I'm beginning to scare myself ...I feel like a prophetess lately...weird!

Wife, 27, to DH, 33, and Mama to DS1 Josiah - 8/09, DS2 James - 3/11, 10 angel babies, 3 foster children, and one adorable ALMOST ADOPTED son - 5/05 

#11 of 179 Old 11-10-2012, 05:15 PM

Hi all, I'm with you on this journey ! This is our 7th cycle TTC.

O was November 7th for me (day 14). So far, not much to say ...

Good luck everyone !

#12 of 179 Old 11-11-2012, 05:16 AM

So glad for this supportive community!! Fingers crossed starfish, joyfammama, coquelicot!!

AFM, I broke down and tested this morning, 8 DPO, BFN greensad.gif I know it is really early but I was hoping... I had wildly vivid dreams last night, two about testing. In both I got  BFPs. This morning as I went to read my results I thought I saw two lines for a second and was so, so excited. I then realized it was a reflection and that it was indeed negative. I am so overcome with tearfulness. I am so weepy!!

Wishing you all lots of baby dust!! dust.gif

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

#13 of 179 Old 11-11-2012, 05:30 AM

I've done that before too, both the testing early and the hallucinating 2 lines. It's so hard.

Hang in there !!

#14 of 179 Old 11-12-2012, 08:52 AM

Absolutely, HANG IN THERE!  It's a maddening two weeks, though, that's for sure.

yesterday was our DD's 4 birthday party.  Such a lovely creature.  All throughout the party I kept thinking: oh my gosh, I could be growing another one of HER inside of me right now!  I would just love if that were true.  DH is home with our two today and apparently DD is NOT being her normal ethereal self ;)  Just a cranky four-year old with delusions of grandeur after being treated like the star all day :) 

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#15 of 179 Old 11-12-2012, 12:01 PM

BTW, I started cramping intently a few hours ago and I realize that I am about five days past ovulation...so now I am completely consumed with the thought that a little bean might be implanting. 

#16 of 179 Old 11-12-2012, 12:52 PM

I would love to join in this thread! Its great to find a community online of women who are trying to achieve the same goal and who are like-minded :) I have missed the forums on here--although I was never a regular posted, I used to find such valuable insight.  A brief intro: It's been a crazy year--my husband is in grad school and works full time so I am trying to balance it all.  We have a 2 1/2 year old daughter who has been such a delight to parent but recently is showing some fun, new and challenging behaviors;). She attends Montessori school 3 days a week and I get to be with her the other 2. We finally feel "ready" and excited to add to our family.  We are on our 3rd cycle of trying.  Would love for this to be our month--I am kinda anxious for it to happen because I do not want a much bigger gap between our kiddos but I know I can't control this process.  We are doing a lot of traveling for the holidays and I was VERY sick during my last pregnancy so I wonder how the next one will go. I also think about the birth because our plan was to have a birthing center, unmedicated birth and I ended up having HBP at 36 week and it never came down. Tried EVERYTHING. Ended up in the hospital and with a c-section.  I was crushed at first because as a doula, I have seen so many beautiful births and hoped that for me as well.  But of course I was relieved to have a healthy baby.  I hope to have a healthier and better experience the 2nd (and most likely time). 

I am 9DPO.  This is my first full month of charting and I used OPK's.

Is there a way to add Fertility Friend charts?

I hope you all get pregnant soon :)

#17 of 179 Old 11-12-2012, 07:10 PM

Hi There - I've been hanging out mostly on the Queer Conceptions thread, but there's no one over there in the TWW with me right now so I came in search of some company! Currently 5DPO, and this is our second month trying. Feeling some twinges and (sorta) cramps these last couple days, but then again I felt that last month and it was nothing, so who knows! If I wait the whole thing out I'll be testing on Thanksgiving, but last month I tested a few days early so I guess I'm leaving that possibility open...

Sparkle - i am with you on the vivid dreams about testing! it's haunting me...

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#18 of 179 Old 11-13-2012, 05:00 AM

Hi Sphinxy and Oregon! Welcome!

Oregon, my DS is 2.5 and currently throwing some loops at us, too. Fun, eh? I hope you get the pregnancy and birth you envision this time around.

Sphinxy, best of luck, mama. I am sorry about your disappointment so far greensad.gif

#19 of 179 Old 11-13-2012, 05:02 AM

Hi everyone,

Really glad to have found this thread. I have a four year old daughter too and am thinking the same thoughts too Starfish11. I had an early but short AF last month and I thought I was preg! but I did a blood test and it was negative. I was asked to wait until the end of this month to see what happens. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Baby dust to all!!!

Our rainbow is here! arrived on his due date

#20 of 179 Old 11-13-2012, 06:09 AM

thanks, starfish! good luck to you, too! my bbt hit a record high this morning, 6dpo. i'm hoping it's a good sign...

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
#21 of 179 Old 11-13-2012, 07:52 AM

Sphinxy, Lucille, Coquelicot  and Oregon Welcome!! I hope your time here is short winky.gif It is amazing how connections through shared experiences like this are so reassuring. Sphinxy Your temps sounds promising!! Keep us posted.

I am still waiting. I did break down and test again this morning, 10 DPO, BFN greensad.gif I am completely obsessed. I feel so weird and different but I know I convince myself of this every month. Sigh. Fingers crossed. . .

Sending good vibes to you all!! goodvibes.gif

#22 of 179 Old 11-13-2012, 08:14 AM

Thanks, Sparkle - yes, it IS reassuring! May I ask how long you've been TTC? I"m sorry about your BFNs, but hoping it's just too early...

#23 of 179 Old 11-13-2012, 09:13 AM

Sphinxy This is the 4th month of officially TTC, carefully charting symptoms and using OPKs, but it has really been 6+ months of my obsessing and many more months before that of my not trying to avoid pregnancy. I have by no means been here long compared to others. I am frustrated though and starting to get discouraged as I am 36 and I feel a real rush to conceive quickly, before my time runs out, whether that is just perceived or real. I have a DD who is 9 years old and very anxious for a sibling. I too am hoping I've just been testing too early. I should know by the end of the weekend; I expect AF Sunday or Monday, my cycle was a tad wonky last month, though I'm usually 28 days like clockwork!

I would highly recommend the Saner TTC Thread http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1365778/a-saner-ttc-hunters-moon

I so appreciate the support there as well as the relaxed low key vibe.

Fingers crossed for you for a very happy Thanksgiving!!

#24 of 179 Old 11-13-2012, 02:07 PM

A few months ago I had a late period (thought I might be pregnant, I wasnt) and then for the last 2 months I have had period ever two weeks! My fiance and I decided to actually try to get pregnant but I have no idea when i ovulate. My last period started the 26th of october and we tried a few days after and just again on the 9th. I guess we shall see. I have a feeling i wont be just because it seems like I have the worst luck getting what I want. (i've never even won a game of bingo!) Well on to waiting....

#25 of 179 Old 11-14-2012, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

So glad I thought to come on here and see if there was a TWW thread! I'm only 2dpo, and I'm going insane! We use a donor, and the timing wasn't awesome on this cycle, and it was our first round for this prospective babe, so odds are not stacked in our favour, but I'm *hopeful* anyway. We've done insems three times, and wound up with two pregnancies, so I'm hoping my luck will hold! I have NO idea how I'm going to get through the next 10-14days. I already want to test, which is totally ridiculous, I know. 

Emmysue - that sounds frustrating! Are you familiar with "Taking Charge of your Fertility"? 

Good luck to all! 

For greater things are yet to come...

#26 of 179 Old 11-14-2012, 10:34 AM

SParkle, hang in there! Did you test today?

I have been at the hospital the past two days with my bestie who had to have a hysterectomy. She had such invasive, prolific fibroids that her uterus was 20 times the size of a normal one--incredible. She's now in the labor and delivery unit recovering so I have seen many newborn beautiful babies with their happy families. I thought it might have been torture but it was delicious.

I am still having lots of lower uterine cramping. The cramps are similar but distinct from menstrual cramps. So. I am feeling pretty good about our chances of conceiving this month. Still. I am trying to. Remain. Calm. And measured.

#27 of 179 Old 11-14-2012, 02:49 PM

Starfish Not yet, but I am anxious to, I'd like to POAS constantly!! I feel like I'm just sitting around, twiddling my thumbs, waiting to know 2whistle.gif Some mild cramping Monday and yesterday (I don't typically cramp before AF arrives) and an awful lot of CM for approaching the end of my cycle. Thanks for the support.

Fx for you, sounds promising! When do you plan to test?

#28 of 179 Old 11-14-2012, 07:48 PM

I actually poas earlier today which was ridiculous because I am not even a week past ovulation. The cramping in the front is now accompanied by a weird sharp ache in my back on the left side. I have no idea if that's a sign or not but I have read where some women do get this in the very early pregnancy.

#29 of 179 Old 11-15-2012, 06:25 AM

We are now officially in the the 2ww.....I don't have a great feeling about this month which is totally bumming me out....We have to take the next 2 months off because we will be traveling next September right in the middle of the month....and with my age, I feel like our chances are slipping away, and if I keep typing I am going to start to cry.....good luck on the 2ww everyone!!

Karinlady.gif - breastfeeding fbbf.gif, cloth diapering: cd.gif, cosleeping ;familybed2.gif, homeschooling homeschool.gif, babywearing femalesling.GIF!, AP Mama to Martin, Ivy Rose, Patrick and Neva , wife to Kevinjammin.gif

#30 of 179 Old 11-15-2012, 09:31 AM

sparkle - Thinking of you and hoping you got your BFP today!

mirpmama - Good luck this cycle! From what I have seen on different threads, it does seem as though sometimes the cycles when women think they are out are exactly the ones that wind up working instead!

starfish - Fingers crossed that these are all good signs!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page