Has anyone taken Clomid over the age of 40? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-04-2012, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi. I am ttc,and I am nearly 46. I am realistic about my chances. I have fallen pregnant 4 times in my forties. At 41 I had my DS, at 44 I had two losses, then another at 45. I am wondering if taking clomid might help me? I have done a little research on the net and noticed that doctors generally don't prescribe it for the over 40's.

Has anyone taken it over 40? I'd love to hear anyone's experiences.

I am currently having acupuncture regularly, I chart,take supplements and have started DHEA this month.

Thanks love.gif

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
#2 of 6 Old 11-06-2012, 01:47 AM - Thread Starter

Anyone???

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
#3 of 6 Old 11-06-2012, 06:42 AM

I took Clomid this cycle, but it is not being done under a doctor's care.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#4 of 6 Old 11-06-2012, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

I have heard that some doctors do not recommend it for women over 35, but I think those doctors are in the minority.  I took it at 36, and I did get pregnant once but I had an early loss.  I would watch out for thinning of your lining.  As we get older, our lining is thinner anyway and Clomid tends to make your normal lining get even thinner.  If you are having ultrasounds, they can measure the thickness of your lining.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#5 of 6 Old 11-07-2012, 11:55 AM

My doctor gave me clomid and injectables together... along with a IUI ... I had 3 of those ... and before that I was on Clomid for 3 cycles... all BFN .... bu we are starting IVF process now!!.... I am 40 and i have always had great lining , never any problems with that... but the doctors are always shocked cause of my age ... I think that is AWESOME that you have gotten pregnant 4 times in your 40's .... Good luck to you and if you really want another baby I would try anything ;-)

Me (40) dishes.gif    DH (39) geek.gif      DD (21) hearts.gif      DD (13) hippie.gif       2 angel3.gifangel3.gif   ......

5 failed IUI's all with clomid and injectables, first IVF failed.. 3 ER none made it to ET, fet scheduled for June 21  

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 stork-boy.gif* * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

#6 of 6 Old 02-21-2013, 09:09 PM

Late response, but if anyone still checking...

I had DS at 41. After TTC naturally for 2 years (age 42-43), I did 3 rounds of Clomid (by OBGYN) and no pregnancies. I have done 1 round of injectables and 2 IUI attempts (age 44), which did not work either.

Good luck!

DS ( 9/2010) and TTC #2 fingersx.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page