Unprecedented late AF, symptoms and BFNs - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-07-2012, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all,
I'm posting here because I know many of you are informed in this area. Not actively TTC, but it's a possibility. I'm 43, have never -ever, ever, had a late period and now I'm 5 days late with 2 BFNs (latest one a FRER with FMU.)
I have done a lot of forum searches and have seen it end up both ways as reported late BFPs or anovulatory cycles.
Sadly I'm not charting. But....did have EWCM mid cycle. Had no AF symptoms at all - I usually get sore bbs, spotting and PMS. Nothing at all this month and CM has been creamy, I have weird bloaty cramps almost constantly, lost two lbs but my pants are tight at the belly, wake up with my stomach literally growling but nothing sounds good to eat.
I dread calling my obgyn for a blood test because the copayment is high, but how long should I continue to do home tests?
Thanks for any insight, and best wishes and much, much luck to all of you TTC!!
#2 of 3 Old 11-09-2012, 03:57 AM

I wsh I could be more helpful in terms of personal experience. I do know that if my regular periods shifted this month and I was five days late I would get the blood test. I'd be too distracted to do anything else until I had a more definitive answer.

Good luck, mama!

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#3 of 3 Old 11-18-2012, 07:03 PM

It's possible to have had an anovulatory "cycle". Sometimes even with a mucus patch, your body doesn't actually ovulate. Have you ever charted? If so, try taking your temperature tomorrow morning. If it's low (like a pre ovulation temperature for you), then you probably haven't ovulated yet, and your period is still weeks away. If it's high (for you), then you probably have ovulated. In that case, you may be pregnant, or you just ovulated later than normal this cycle.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page