Trying again after a miscarriage - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-22-2012, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello all.  I have a daughter who is 2 years and 8 months old and last night, I had a miscarriage at 4.5 weeks along.  While it is still so fresh and I am still sad and shocked, I am already thinking about conceiving again.  We were so happy and excited and ready to have another baby.  I am kicking myself for not trying sooner because I just stress about the gap between our two children.  But at this point, I obviously just want a healthy baby and pregnancy.  I know miscarriages can happen to anyone and I am really hoping I can successfully conceive again and go on with a healthy pregnancy.  Anyone else care to share your successful stories with me?  Its just hard because I feel so alone but I know a lot of women experience miscarriages.  Thank you.

#2 of 3 Old 11-22-2012, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm so sorry about your m/c, and you are right that they happen often.  I've had 2 - each one right before a successful pregnancy.  After my first m/c (at 5 weeks), my dr said I had an extremely high chance of having a successful pregnancy the next time, and I did 3 months later.  When we were TTC #2, I had a m/c at 6 weeks.  I then had a successful pregnancy just 2 months later.  Miscarriages are so hard to go through, and I'm sorry you've had to experience it too.  Hugs to you!  Keep TTC and you will soon have a successful pregnancy!

Me (28), DH (31), DS1 (3), and brand new DS2 just born in Sept!

Will always remember our angel babies - Jan 2008 and Nov 2011

#3 of 3 Old 11-23-2012, 05:31 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Oregon I am so very sorry! I remember you from the TWW board and I am glad to see you've reconnected over there too. You are very much not alone in this experience. I don't know if you've checked out the pregnancy loss boards? http://www.mothering.com/community/f/22/pregnancy-and-birth-loss and http://www.mothering.com/community/f/455/trying-to-conceive-after-loss You might find that to be a comforting place to process your thoughts and feelings. I am also sure you would find a warm welcome here at a number of TTC boards (The One and Saner TTC might fit well for you). Words cannot describe what you are experiencing but I hope you are able to find some peace and comfort here. And please know (as referenced above in mamaforever's post) that miscarriage does not indicate that you will not have a healthy pregnancy again; the odds are in fact VERY much on your side hug2.gif Hugs and warm wishes for a happy holiday weekend.

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page