Forum Jump: 

Old 11-27-2012, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD 
for Nov. 27 to Dec. 2

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

baby4makes6

bdavis912

CDsMom1031 BFPChart2.gif

doularebekah BFPChart2.gif

filiadeluna BFPChart2.gif

FreedEm11 BFPChart2.gif

InLove2009

jeslynn BFPChart2.gif

Jillgayle

jr'smom

kimble

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif  

magoodoggy BFPChart2.gif

maia.springgoddess 

mirpmama

MyKidKissTrees

MyName

nattery

newtoTTC

Shawnamarie BFPChart2.gif

SKJ2011 BFPChart2.gif    

Stevi BFPChart2.gif

summerlake
sweetnatural

ThePeacefulMama

Tropicalfever

WildDoula

windsova 

virgocantwait

zebrapopcorn

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2WW) headscratch.gif

A2E BFPChart2.gif

Angierae BFPChart2.gif

BaileyB

bebelove BFPChart2.gif

BetsyPage

brichole BFPChart2.gif

brogransmomma

cavertmmy

ciga

countrymama02 BFPChart2.gif

dbl_my_luv BFPChart2.gif

delilahbeau BFPChart2.gif

devilish

firsttimettc

Fnord BFPChart2.gif  

- Jenn -

JustJenny

kittenbritches BFPChart2.gif

lenny1027 BFPChart2.gif

librarygirl  BFPChart2.gif

lilgreenmama

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif     

LittleKind

livingsky BFPChart2.gif 

mamainthemaking

MissCee
Mz J

odinsmama

Renaissance31 

samy23 

SandyLoam

sarahl918

skeemama

SparkleMaman

stegenrae BFPChart2.gif

SuzieSmiles

wannabemomkt

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

Banana731

bloodofthefae

southernmommie

RavenMadMommy

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif
anyalily
BeautifulCanvas
Butterflymom

candyshells

dakipode

imbjer

jeminijad

jesepumpkin

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

John16n33

Lidamama84

Michaels-Mommy

nisojon BFPChart2.gif    

sleepingbeauty BFPChart2.gif
Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif
tinytina
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

Graduate Thread in I'm Pregnant

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1352182/one-graduates-may-june/20

(the current thread keeper can update the graduate link as needed)

heartbeat.gif November BFP's heartbeat.gif

Starfish11

heartbeat.gif October BFP's heartbeat.gif

amlikam

dayiscoming2006 BFPChart2.gif

gratefulstella  BFPChart2.gif

kitteh

jaxxy

nerissav BFPChart2.gif

SweetMama34

heartbeat.gif September BFP's heartbeat.gif

aHikaru

AmandaLynnH

LittleBlackBug

Quinalla BFPChart2.gif

heartbeat.gif August BFP's heartbeat.gif

TwighlightJoy BFPChart2.gif 

heartbeat.gif July BFP's heartbeat.gif

nearlyelated

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

A huge congrats to StarFish!

FreedEm, I hope you have some peace now, just knowing that you have a new chance. I am sorry to hear about your grief, but just know that it takes as long as it takes, and you don't have to feel bad for not being over it yet.

AFM, sorry for not being more in touch and for being late with the thread, again. I had family up the wazoo this week and things are just getting back to normal. We had one moment the other night where I would have totally gone for it, and DH talked some sense into me. So we are still waiting to be ready... It is hardest during the fertile window, watching those days slip by... No real progress yet on the diet front. I had lost a few pounds before the holiday and then I foudn them again thanks to countless meals out with family and the big meal itself... I am off sugar now and not having second helpings or snacks. Even made it to the gym yesterday! I wish I could just magically be 50 pounds lighter. Sigh.

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
Old 11-27-2012, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Anyalily I know it is hard to be gentle with yourself but do try to take care of yourself rather than beating yourself up. I struggle with the negative self talk and anxiety but find I am most successful (in all ways) when I am able to really take good care of myself, to make myself a priority, in the same way I take good care of others. SO much harder to do though!!

FreedEm hug.gif Hugs and wishing you peace and comfort. I am hoping this fresh start is an opportunity to nourish your spirit and soul, to move forward and find what you want and need.

AFM O'd last night (CD 12, rather early for me) and am now trying to calmly take the next 2 weeks without obsessing, freaking out or completely becoming a basket case (good luck needed there!). One breath at a time, one moment at a time. Moving along...

wave.gif to you all!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

Old 11-27-2012, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyalilly- WTG on getting to the gym.  I am trying to workout 5-6 days a week and I find that my procastination often gets the best of me. 

Sparkle- Good luck!  I hope this is your cycle!

AFM-  I am pretty sure I o'd yesterday afternoon, I had some massive cramping in my right ovary and then my temp spiked above the coverline this morning.  Of course I am not in the TWW, but I am in the two week countdown to TTC lol.   I am trying to not obsess over it like I did last time, but it is so hard.

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

Old 11-27-2012, 07:04 PM

Way to go, Anyalily!! I WAS doing well with working out/diet, then I got a promotion at work, and I've been super busy all day...then I come home and I'm spent...and this weekend we had away too much pizza, lol! Back on track today, and tomorrow I AM going to take my lunch break and work out smile.gif

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
Old 11-27-2012, 08:04 PM

So speaking of diets, how has your diet changed during TTC?  Is anyone going to go on the brewers diet when they get pregnant or are you now?  I am just curious :)

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

Old 11-27-2012, 08:28 PM

I'm planning on going on the Brewer Diet once we get pregnant...I've been induced twice now for babies that stop growing well towards the end, so I'm really hoping that the Brewer Diet will help with that...not holding my breath, though!

Right now, I'm gluten-free (I am gluten-sensitive), and am trying to eat only foods that I prepare from scratch, and trying to eat in moderation, since I'm a bit on the heavy side (for me).

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
Old 11-28-2012, 07:19 AM

I did Brewer for the first, and then some variation of Brewer(read: half assed) for the next 2. All of my kids have been fairly average at birth (7.4,6.14, 8.5- but for the last one, I think it was an abundance of mec. That kid had more mec than I've ever seen! My MWs actually recalibrated and weighed her a couple of times because they didn't believe she could possibly weigh that much:) )

But, birth weights aside, I've had three very healthy pregnancies with moderate weight gain that I've lost very quickly afterwards. So I'm a fan!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

Old 11-28-2012, 07:37 AM

Hi everyone. Sorry I've been MIA for awhile. My entire family was at my house for Thanksgiving and the following weekend. So add that to my already crazy life and... Yeah.

I'm currently on my first AF since stopping BC. It happened at the same time my periods were when I was on BC, so maybe it won't take months and months to regulate like it did last time.

So, please, move me to Waiting To O.

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

Old 11-28-2012, 09:00 AM

I followed the Brewer Diet  for my 1st Pregnancy. My DH and I loved our Bradley Childbirth Classes, which recommend the Brewer Diet. I was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia at 30 weeks and was placed on modified bedrest for the remainder of my pregnancy. Despite this diagnosis, of which I remain suspicious, we had a full term, healthy pregnancy/labor/delivery (without induction) and my "pre-eclampsia" never worsened (meaning my elevated blood pressure never became dangerous and my labwork all stayed safely the same). I credit my diet and prenatal fitness routine (including yoga) for much of this. Now, I don't feel like we have a specific approach that I/we follow, per se. We (DH, DD and I) are all lacto-ovo vegetarians and we focus on whole foods and local, organic, seasonal plant based meals. Before this year, when I began working full time, all our meals were prepared fresh, from scratch, based on our weekly CSA shares. Now that I work 10+ hour days, 5-6 days a week with an hour commute on both ends of the day, our meals have become much more simple, but with the same basic design. I remain a big fan of the Brewer Diet and incorporate many of the principles into our meals to this day. Great question, Meagan!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

Old 11-28-2012, 10:46 AM

Thanks y'all!  I have been reading up on it and wondering if I might start a lower portion version of it now while we TTC.  I was just wondering y'alls opinions because you see all different ones on the internet, the most common objective one was that it was too much food and they gained too much weight.  I'm a little lady lol.  Less than 5' and about 105lbs, but I gained 65lbs with my first pregnancy.  Of course Arby's had the pick 5 for 5.95 going on during my pregnancy and I ate there every.single.day for lunch lol.  I also didn't exercise last time so I'm sure that had something to do with it.

-Meagan

Old 11-28-2012, 10:54 AM

Anyalily, can I please be changed to waiting to be ready, thanks. I will probably hang back in this thread for a while.

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
Old 11-28-2012, 11:23 AM

Can I please be moved to Waiting to O *sigh*

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

Old 11-29-2012, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

I'm planning on going Brewer when we get pregnant again. I followed it last time, it was seriously the healthiest I've ever felt. I had so much energy, even in that first trimester slump. It was amazing. Plus I see high protein, well balanced diets do wonders for mamas I see in my midwifery apprenticeship. :)

Right now, I'm trying to get in extra protein, but not quite as much as I would pregnant. Mostly focusing on balancing my meals (I'm a starch girl, need to cut down on that lol) and eating more whole foods versus processed. 

, birth-working wife to   (06/2010).
TTC #1 since 2010. Dx PCOS, July 2014. Currently in testing.
, July 2012. Waiting for our  sometime very soon.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:22 AM

Hello all, Can I be added to the list 'waiting to know' please? So exciting going in that list!! I got a positive OPK twice today, once at 7am, another at 2pm, and did At home artificial insemination with my sperm donor today. So very hopefull we did it at the right time to catch the egg which should be released somewhere in the next 24 hours-ish. 

I will be temping to check when I actually ovulate, please please please let it be soon! How long do sperm survive once in the woman's body? I hope they make it and are still alive when the egg is released!

And the obsessing TWW begins! Goodluck to all here.

Mom    wash.gif  bikenew.gifgeek.gifdishes.gif

Old 11-30-2012, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

Ovulating finally on cd 25, can I be moved to waiting to know?

Me (34) (PCOS), DH (36) and DD1 (4) and DD2(1). We are going to go for a third. Now, will we succeed?
Old 11-30-2012, 09:26 AM

WildDoula-  Thanks for the info, I am thinking I am going to try it once I get a BFP.  Until then I am going to focus on trying to just keep a balanced diet as well.

-Meagan

Old 11-30-2012, 10:53 AM

Hi Everyone!

Just trying to catch up... Looking into that Brewers Diet, seems interesting, never heard of it before... So, I did the OPKs again this cycle and didn't really get the super duper 2 dark lines but very close... And, I only tested once per day, so thinking I just missed the big surge and that we DTD enough around the right time. I'm hopeful, trying to be as positive as possible and not to stress too much... Well, with all that said, can I please be moved to 'Waiting to know' thanks:)  

Me (S) + my soulmate (D), together for 12 years. Joyfully added our sweet little boy, Gabriel, born at home on 9/21/13. We have 2 good dog2.gif  + 4 crazy cat.gif 
Old 11-30-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy23 View Post

How long do sperm survive once in the woman's body? I hope they make it and are still alive when the egg is released!

Sperm can live up to 5 days in the right conditions, so sounds like you have a good shot!

Good luck to everyone in the TWW! goodvibes.gif

Old 11-30-2012, 02:21 PM

hi, I'm currently sitting at CD 19 and dying to POAS lol. I'm 11 DPO, this is cycle 5 of trying for us. I have one little boy who's going to be 3 soon. :)

Old 11-30-2012, 02:22 PM

Brewer's diet?

Old 11-30-2012, 05:14 PM

Welcome DiaperJunkie!! Sorry, The Brewer Diet - by Dr. Tom Brewer. It is a nutritional plan for pregnant women, mainly focused on adequate protein intake and whole foods. These two posts might be helpful: http://www.blueribbonbaby.org/brewer-diet-checklists/ and http://livingawholelife.blogspot.com/2009/08/brewer-pregnancy-diet.html

Old 12-01-2012, 12:31 AM

Hi DiaperJunkie! Hopefully you're stay here is a very, very short one! ;)

Old 12-01-2012, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

I think I've got everyone updated! Welcome DiaperJunkie! Do you want to be added to the list? I am going to start the new thread tonight because tomorrow is my birthday and I am going to try to stay off the computer as much as possible. 31 years old!

Cheers!

Old 12-01-2012, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

And here's the new thread... http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1369233/the-one-thread-for-december-2-10

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List