December TWW Thread - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 788 Old 12-24-2012, 09:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow! That's an awesome sign of Christmas spirit Mamamash! What a kind stranger!

Sorry ao05, hope to see you again soon!

My bfn was followed by some pink spotting tonight. Weird, last month I started my period the day I tested too...I guess it will be full blown AF tommorow! YEAY! Lol

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

Our Breastfeeding Journey @ www.MotherHoodinEden.com
#422 of 788 Old 12-24-2012, 10:17 PM

I tested first thing this morning and bfn greensad.gif a bit bummed out but at least I got Xmas to distract me smile.gif
Merry christmas everyone, and baby dust to all x
#423 of 788 Old 12-25-2012, 04:26 AM

Ao05 - sorry babes! I wish you a Merry Christmas!!

Dahlia - how are you doing today?

Tested this am again...no dice again! I keep telling myself that it's early! Ugh...the wait is driving me nutz. What do I do when I need to stay busy? Bake! So around 9:30 last night I wiped together an apple pie! Pregnant or fat?!?!? Lol
#424 of 788 Old 12-25-2012, 04:56 AM

Cindy-lu- I'm ok, tested again, and surprise surprise bfn. It is early though. I'm not giving up til I get my period! We both still have time :) Apple pie sounds awesome, btw!!! Enjoy the white Christmas here in MD!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#425 of 788 Old 12-25-2012, 06:02 AM

Merry Christmas everyone!!
#426 of 788 Old 12-25-2012, 06:06 AM

Merry Christmas ladies!!

Dang it Cindy-Lu and Dahlia that BFP just needs to stop hiding!!

I tested just barely with my frer and that beautiful little pink like showed right up 😄 so now I'm just waiting for my dd to wake up so we can start Christmas! I will let you know how it all goes!

Wife to an army guy. Mom to a sweet and fiesty 2 year old girl. Expecting dd2 in early September. joy.gif
#427 of 788 Old 12-25-2012, 06:58 AM

Merry Christmas all!

Aunt flow never came, I'm now late, so we will see if she shows. Test yesterday showed bfn, and I had pink spotting at night, but then it stopped....not getting my hopes up but I'll let you know what comes of it smile.gif

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

#428 of 788 Old 12-25-2012, 07:29 AM

Good luk Blonhrt I'm rooting for you!

Here's my frer. Nice dark line 😃

Wife to an army guy. Mom to a sweet and fiesty 2 year old girl. Expecting dd2 in early September. joy.gif
#429 of 788 Old 12-25-2012, 08:44 AM

Ao05, sorry and I hope you get your baby soon! 

Cindy and Dahlia, better luck next time! 

And congrats again Mamamash! that FRER looks great! 

Merry Christmas everyone! Wishing us all 2013 babies! 

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#430 of 788 Old 12-25-2012, 10:58 AM

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope the day keeps our minds on something else besides testing.

TTC#1 Since March 2008, PCOS and possible T-shaped uterus, divorced DH after 4 IUIs, hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, Currently with DB and bonus mom to his 3 children and our dogs Dexter and Morgan  grouphug.gifdog2.gif. Four more rounds of Clomid and IUI starting in December 2012 after trying naturally since June...

angel.gif
#431 of 788 Old 12-25-2012, 02:39 PM

Hi ladies!

Well, it was a hit! DH was picking threw his stocking and the test was the only thing wrapped. He unwrapped it was looking at the back of the test for what felt like forever. Then he finally turned it over and was shocked. With huge eyes he goes "you're PREGNANT!?" Haha. It was so funny. He wasn't quite as ready for another as I am so he also lovingly said "man, I thought I had a little more time." Haha. He is very excited though 😊

And, the picture was also a hit. I put the test in the bottom of a little gift bag, put a piece of tissue paper on top of that and then the pic on top of that covered with more tissue paper. I had my mom open it. She read the picture and was slightly confused so I said there's something else in there. She pulled out the tissue paper and screamed. My sisters, dad, brother, and grandma were all there too and equally as excited.

Such a great Christmas surprise. I'm off to have Christmas dinner and go see Les Mis!

Good luck to you all! I am sure we'll see plenty more BFP's this month!

#432 of 788 Old 12-25-2012, 04:13 PM

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all had a great day and that one more day in the 2WW flew by! It always feels like life is about counting days when TCCing, doesn't it?

Hugs on the BFNs, Cindy and Dahlia, hopefully AF still stays away.

Beautiful lines, Mamamash!!

Becky, I did ov last Friday. I'm going to try hard to hold out testing until 1/1. When are you thinking you'll test? Anyone else want to have a POAS party on 1/1? Awesome New Years Day activity!! :)

Serenyd likes this.

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

Cautiously expecting #3 in November!

****5*joy.gif**10****15****20****25****30****35****40

We are a happy treehugger.gifwinner.jpg asl.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif family!

#433 of 788 Old 12-25-2012, 07:42 PM

I hope everyone had an awesome Christmas!

Af never came, I'm officially a day late..... The kicker is I took a test two days ago, and it was negative. I did have spotting last night though. How long should I wait to test if af still doesn't show? I'm thinking Thursday should be enough right?

#434 of 788 Old 12-25-2012, 08:41 PM

I would say Thursday is plenty long enough to wait Blonhrt 😊

#435 of 788 Old 12-25-2012, 09:56 PM

Katiecornflakes I was going to wait until 1/3 I was thinking 1/1 was too early. I know implantation is between 6-12dpo they say more like 8-10 so wouldn't implantation be around this weekend? Ugh I have the worst headache right now. I hope I sleep. I have had really bad insomnia for about a month. Plus I hate that I had to take clomid. So nauseous but I'm sure it's from the clomid. Wonder how long it stays in your system

TTC#1 Since March 2008, PCOS and possible T-shaped uterus, divorced DH after 4 IUIs, hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, Currently with DB and bonus mom to his 3 children and our dogs Dexter and Morgan  grouphug.gifdog2.gif. Four more rounds of Clomid and IUI starting in December 2012 after trying naturally since June...

angel.gif
#436 of 788 Old 12-26-2012, 02:11 AM

Congratulations, mamamash! I'm so, so happy for you :-)

(I'm going to the hospital to get all my first round of testing done here in a little while, that's why I'm up so early. That, and the after Christmas shopping spree.! Rofl)

Wife, 27, to DH, 33, and Mama to DS1 Josiah - 8/09, DS2 James - 3/11, 10 angel babies, 3 foster children, and one adorable ALMOST ADOPTED son - 5/05 

#437 of 788 Old 12-26-2012, 06:11 AM

Ok Mamamash, thanks!
I love your announcements, so friggin cute! I'm glad you got to do it on Xmas smile.gif

#438 of 788 Old 12-26-2012, 06:48 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

MamaMash So glad your Christmas announcements went over so well. Such a cute idea! Thinking of you and wishing you a wonderful, healthy pregnancy. Your DH's reaction is sweet. Right on target with what you'd mentioned regarding each of your levels of urgency. I am so, so glad you got your BFP sooner rather than later love.gif

Katiecornflakes I too was planning to test New Year's Eve and/or Day, that would put me at 10 and 11 DPO (assuming I O'd Friday, which seems pretty sure). I am scared to stare at a BFN, that lonely line is so sad to look at, but I am already getting excited to test!! A little testing party sounds great to me and a BFP would be a fabulous New Year's treat thumb.gif Becky You are correct on timing of implantation and testing but a sensitive test can often detect pregnancy by 10 DPO, though certainly not in all women and definitely not if implantation doesn't occur until 10 DPO!! Your safest bet is always to wait until you're actually late and barring that, 12-14 DPO, if you can hold out winky.gif 1/3 is your better bet - I don't think I'll last that long. So sorry about your Clomid side effects. Hoping they subside very soon.

Good luck with your testing (and bargain hunting) JoyfamMama!!

Fx Blonhrt, Dahlia and Cindy-Lu! Thursday seems long enough for sure Blonhrt. Hang in there Dahlia!!

AFM 5 DPO. Waiting patiently. ROTFLMAO.gifor not. Trying. Planning to see a very good friend from high school and her sweet 7 month old baby girl this afternoon. They don't live nearby but are visiting for the holidays. Very excited to see them. That and awaiting the impending storm tonight, we should get 2 feet or more of snow by tomorrow morning. cold.gifLots of shoveling (and super fun snow play and hot cocoa drinking with DD) in my future! wave.gif Mamas!!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

#439 of 788 Old 12-26-2012, 07:27 AM

Thanks Sparklemaman! I'm trying to be patient. Not very successfully though haha! Do you still consider 10/11 dpo pretty early for a positive?

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#440 of 788 Old 12-26-2012, 07:32 AM

And stay warm during the storm! We're getting snowed on right now. Very pretty, but stuck in the house going crazy!

Cindy lu-How are you doing?

#441 of 788 Old 12-26-2012, 07:36 AM

Thanks sparkle, JoyfamMama, and Blonhrt!! Good luck in the remainder of you TWW sparkle. We are also supposed to be getting a lot of snow over the next few days here in Utah. Good thing my DH actually likes to use the snowblower. I am sooo not an outside shoveling snow type of person.

JoyfamMama please let us know how your tests go!

Dahlia how are you feeling?

How was everyone's Christmas?

AFM I know I'm not in my TWW anymore but I would love to stick around here for awhile if that's ok with all of you! I feel so close to all of you. And I really want to know how everyone's tww's turn out. I am very cautious to join a due date club. I haven't even missed my period yet. I'll probably call my doc today and see if I can get in for blood work Friday.

#442 of 788 Old 12-26-2012, 07:43 AM

Oh also, this no coffee thing is kicking my butt and it's only be 2 days of it. I'm sooo tired. Which I'm sure my pregnant state is also contributing to. But, probably more my lack of coffee ☕

#443 of 788 Old 12-26-2012, 07:47 AM

I'm feeling ok..dull cramps that come and go, still.., had a headache yesterday, and just haven't been hungry except for random things that sound good at the time. But i can be a little craving-driven anyway, so I don't really know if that one counts. I've been good and haven't used any expensive tests- just wondfo and $tree. By the way, there's no un-awkward way to buy 5 pregnancy tests at one time hahaha.. I'm still feeling emotional, but that could also be my period, and the moodiness isn't as severe as the other day.

How are you feeling, MamaMash?

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!

#444 of 788 Old 12-26-2012, 07:59 AM

UGH, I think I O'd this weekend while at work. My OPK looks even lighter today and the only EWCM I saw was Sunday and that was the day I got my darkest OPK. Of course that was the night DP decided to "accidentally" pull out. Hopefully BD on Friday was good enough to catch the egg ... I hate thinking I'm going to wait for another 2 weeks just to be disappointed again. Sigh. eyesroll.gif

Trying to stay positive and find some way to occupy myself for the next 14 days!

Good to have you around for another few days Mamamash!

Dahlia, hope you get your pos test soon!  

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#445 of 788 Old 12-26-2012, 08:31 AM

When do you plan to test again dahlia? Haha I only bought 3 at once and that was a little awkward. Your symptoms sound promising. Are your legs still achy?

Good luck Serenyd! I would kill my DH if he "accidentally" pulled out lol. I sure hope bd on Friday was enough!

I'm feeling ok. Tired. A little queasy. Stupid stuffy nose which I know if this is a sticky little bean will not be going away. My nose was terrible my whole pregnancy with my dd. I called my doc and he is out of the office until Monday. So, I left a message and hopefully can get in Monday.

#446 of 788 Old 12-26-2012, 08:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Dahlia 10-11 DPO is definitely still early!! With my DD we got pregnant the first cycle TTC. I didn't test until the day after I missed my period, as I completely didn't believe it could have possibly worked. I have no other experience personally with early positives. I have been impatient this time around and have started testing around 10 DPO, based on what I've read and experiences of other mamas here (also because I convince myself every month that I must be pregnant!). But it is definitely early, with stats on false negatives (you are really pregnant but the test shows a negative) ranging from 1/3 to 2/3 at 10 DPO. The wait is so agonizing! Oh, and as for buying tests, you are so right! I have one better though, I am a health teacher and a few months ago bought over 100 condoms at Walmart to use in class for demonstrations. You should have seen the looks I got as DD wheeled those around the store in our cart lol.gif

Oh Serenyd, that is a bummer! I had a great deal of difficulty reading OPKs the first couple of months using them. Like HPTs, I prefer the pink dye OPKs rather than the blue. I find them much easier to interpret. I find that I rarely have the test line darker than the control and that based on my own observed signs/symptoms, I usually O about 12-24 hours after I first see a test line the same color as the control. This month I used more than usual and tested twice a day, morning and late afternoon, after seeing the test line begin to darken (so for ~2 days) and sure enough, my CM increased and I had significant O pains 12 hours after the darkest test line. Hopefully your earlier BDing will assure you caught the egg!

MamaMash I am so very glad to have you stick around here with us! I was actually quite selfishly feeling a bit sad and thinking this morning how I would miss you and your kind, optimistic posts. I feel like I know many of you so well despite never actually "meeting." grouphug.gif I am so grateful for this community of mamas! I don't think I could have endured the past 8 cycles without the support I've received here. And I hear 'ya on the coffee. I decided to reduce my coffee intake during this TWW, with hopes of eliminating it by this upcoming weekend. Oh my! I have had only one cup each morning the past 5 days, with 1 cup of regular green tea in the afternoons and 'safe' herbal teas as I want. I didn't realize how much I depended on that caffeine boost! It seems to be better today, I think once you get over that 3-4 day hump, it brightens up a bit and you'll feel less upside down upsidedown.gif I am sure your first trimester hormones are indeed adding to the fatigue. Perhaps you could nap when DD does? I was never good with that but it would help.

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

#447 of 788 Old 12-26-2012, 09:11 AM

MamaMash- I'm so glad you're sticking around with us, and I hope more of us will be tagging along to the pregnancy forums with you!! My legs feel better right now, but it seems to be an evening thing when they get achey. Right this second, the only thing I can feel is the dull cramps. I tested again this morning (seriously, what's wrong with me!?) and i couldn't see anything on the $tree test but I keep thinking there is a very very very very faint shaddow of a line on the wondfo, But it's probably in my head.

Sparklemaman- I totally agree with you- I've been secretly sad that MamaMash will be moving on, but simultaneously so happy for her!  (mamamash did you know you were so loved? lol) Thanks for the kind words Sparkle, that makes me feel a little better about all my bfn's..  and OMG about the condoms haha so funny!

Serenyd- FX for you this cycle! I'd be so mad if my husband did that!

I'm just trying to enjoy my Christmas time off from work, watching the snow fall (the flakes were like the size of quarters a few minutes ago!) and messing with my new Kindle Fire thumb.gif

#448 of 788 Old 12-26-2012, 09:46 AM

Awww you guys are so sweet! I had no idea I am so loved haha 😍 I so want every single one of you in the September due date club with me!

Yay for a very very faint maybe line! That's how mine started. And my fmu one the next day was almost not a line. But for some reason my second morning urines have given me better results. My third $tree test was smu and my frer was also my smu both of which I held for about 4-5 hours. Fx crossed dahlia! I so want this to be your month.

Sparkle I only ever drink one cup a day. So it really shouldn't be a huge thing for me. It was no issue at all with my dd, but that could be because I started throwing up about a week after I found out so I really didn't want it anyways. As far as napping when she naps I really should. I've never been good at that. I can't today though. My house is a disaster. I have to get it under control. So during her nap I'll be cleaning. Yuck. And then maybe I'll bake something with my new kitchen aid!

#449 of 788 Old 12-26-2012, 09:52 AM

Dahlia- going stir crazy! What else!! Sigh. Due to the divorce agreement we had to drop my two off with my ex yesterday (2 ish) and my stepson off with his mom. We went wandering federal hill for a while. Found this bar. Watched sports! DH had some beers and I sipped on OJ! I really enjoyed the atmosphere though. Then spent the evening watching old law n order clips oh Hulu! The snow is so pretty! I'm just going nutz with nothing but cleaning to do! Plus I'm crying every time I turn around, ugh. Not sure if its hormones or just being sad the kids are gone. Maybe both. I'm eating every time I turn around, maybe stress eating and/or boredom.

I did find a new decent drink. Warm/hot water and fresh lemon squeezed in. Getting tired of the tea. Plus I'm limited due to my thyroid.

Sorry for being a bit if a downer this am!
#450 of 788 Old 12-26-2012, 10:37 AM

Grr, I used another test today, and still bfn.

I'm two days late, with pink spotting and a stuffy nose and cramps galore, but no period. The only this worse than a TWW is a TWW that doesn't end!!!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page