December TWW Thread - Page 25 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#721 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Katie yes, the blood draw was on Friday morning. I got my first VERY faint positive lines on Wednesday, which was 11dpo for me. Then Thursday I got very faint, but pink positives on a FRER (the first ever positives were wondfos). Friday was a noticeable pink line, also very faint, but most definitely there without squinting. That's the same day I got the blood draw. The lines pretty much stayed the same over the weekend, and here we are today.

Thanks for all the love guys. I definitely need it. I really don't know what to think or do.. I desperately want to be hopeful. But I'm so sad and feel really cautious right now.

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#722 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 02:57 PM

Dahlia that's why we're here... To help ourselves and others deal with the stress of ttc and waiting to move past first trimester.

I just got 3rd blood draw and wait 2 hours for results.. Nervous

caffix.gif wife to DH kewl.gif and mama to Kaden notes2.gif 1/1/06 and Jagger babyboy.gif 4/21/12

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#723 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 03:25 PM

Much love Dahlia. Even if this isn't your month you are gonna get your beautiful baby

Guys. I'm a little concerned. My hcg went from 889 on Friday to 3000 today... Ah! That's so unbelievably high!

Wife to an army guy. Mom to a sweet and fiesty 2 year old girl. Expecting dd2 in early September. joy.gif
#724 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 03:48 PM

Holy crap MamaMash! Lol you need to keep me posted on how many kiddos you have in there!

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#725 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 03:55 PM

Mamamash your hcg double time is 41 hours which is normal. Not too fast. smile.gif

caffix.gif wife to DH kewl.gif and mama to Kaden notes2.gif 1/1/06 and Jagger babyboy.gif 4/21/12

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#726 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 03:58 PM

Oh really countrybound?? That makes me feel a bit better. It still sounds so high for being 4 weeks 3 days. I'll keep you posted dahlia!!

Wife to an army guy. Mom to a sweet and fiesty 2 year old girl. Expecting dd2 in early September. joy.gif
#727 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 03:59 PM

Did you get your numbers back yet countrybound?

#728 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 04:05 PM

I'm still waiting... 30 mins to call. You can google hcg doubling calculator and it will tell you how fast your doubling

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#729 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 04:30 PM

Dahlia- love, don't give up! There's still hope!! I just got AF! I'm out for this month!! But your not!!

Congrats to all the BFP's!!!!
#730 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 04:37 PM

Ok countrybound its been 30 mins wink1.gif

Sorry Cindy-Lu you will be next month. smile.gif

Random question besides who thinks mamamash is having twins lol. If I had two follicles on the left and I'm 10dpo why do I have a sharp pain in my right ovary? I think the right side should mind her own business. AF coming maybe?

TTC#1 Since March 2008, PCOS and possible T-shaped uterus, divorced DH after 4 IUIs, hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, Currently with DB and bonus mom to his 3 children and our dogs Dexter and Morgan  grouphug.gifdog2.gif. Four more rounds of Clomid and IUI starting in December 2012 after trying naturally since June...

angel.gif
#731 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 04:39 PM

Lol Becky! I really think its just one. My progesterone was 18 which is a very normal number. I would think that would also be high if it was multiples...? Did you call countrybound??

#732 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 04:47 PM

lol Becky. I just called my number is at 7023 double time of 35 hours. shrug.gif

Oh and mamamash I'm reading that the normal double time for Under 1200 mIU/ml 31-72 hours and Between 1200 to 6000 mIU/ml 72-96 hours and lastly Over 6000 mIU/ml more than 96 hours

so maybe you aren't in the clear for twins lol

Ok I just looked back at my betas from my DS and it was doubling every 40 hours. So not too much of a difference. I feel better about it not being twins or a molar wink1.gif

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#733 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 05:01 PM

I wish I had my betas from my dd. I'm going back friday for another beta. So we shall see😉 and I'll probably ask them to look back in my records and see what they were with dd. I still think its just one little bean for both of us.

#734 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 05:39 PM

I've been reading a little bit about hcg levels, and in very early pregnancy a level of 5 is actually normal..... but that's for a very early pregnancy level.. what's so confusing to me is how in the world countless FRERs and a few target brand tests have shown up positive for me, over the past week, if my levels are so low. I just don't understand!! Does anyone have any ideas at all!?

#735 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 05:43 PM

http://www.baby2see.com/preconception/hcg.html

this is one of the sites I looked at.. I know, I'm grasping at straws. greensad.gif

#736 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 05:52 PM

I just don't know Dahlia. I know that a hpt could not detect that low of a level so in my mind the blood test has to be wrong? Is it possible they mistyped it? Missed a digit or something? I'm with everyone else I would be asking for another blood test like now.

#737 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 05:57 PM

I'm hesitant to ask for one again.. They were so nice today, and I don't want to be a crazy and annoying patient. Ya know? Should I try my clear blue digi tomorrow? what do you think? Is it just a bad idea? I'm torn because that will give a very clear result, and we know that it would pick up hormone levels of around 50...

#738 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 06:10 PM

Haha I'm always the crazy patient so that doesn't bother me! 😜 That is totally up to you. I don't know what I would do. It will give you a very clear yes or no though...

#739 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 06:12 PM

Dahlia- It takes them two seconds to put an order in for another Beta and another 2 seconds to give you the results. I'm shocked they didn't give you another today. I called my Drs office today and told them I wanted another one done today ordered STAT so I could have the results right away and calm my nerves. I honestly don't care if they get annoyed because they make a whole lot of money on my pregnancy and they are their for the well being of mom and baby. If they do get annoyed with you, then you should go to another office because that isn't good medical practice. Our job as nurses and doctors are to make those feel comfortable and relieve anxiety where we can. I already had good numbers, there really wasn't reason for me to freak but I still did. You are obviously in a more sensitive position and you shouldn't have even had to ask for another test today. I just can't believe they didn't offer it to you right then..

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#740 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 06:32 PM

I agree Countrybound. The doctor who ordered my first beta is not my actual doctor and for some stupid reason wouldn't authorize a progesterone test. So, when my doctors nurse called today she was stunned they isn't do my progesterone. She immediately told me to come in right then to do hcg and progesterone and already has orders in the lab for me to come back Friday. It's not annoying to ask them to give you the answers you need.

#741 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 06:36 PM

Omg I keep mixing up my words.. Their when it should be there and earlier I did buy when I meant by... Preggo brain already?!

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#742 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 06:45 PM

I'm all new to this practice; I'm leaving my previous gyno because they were horribly unprofessional.. so far, I really like everyone I met (for the first time today) at this office.. Maybe I'll call Wed, but now that the holidays are over I'll be back at work so it's harder to get to the doctor on time. I suppose I could just use the lab order I was given today (and told to wait a week to do) early? Like on Thurs if I can get off work early... I didn't see the woman who will be my new doctor today, though. The doc I'm switching to is an OBgyn, and the one I saw today no longer does OB stuff. She seemed pretty set on me not being pregnant, and just said not to trust the hpts.... I just don't know shrug.gif This is not exactly how I hoped to bring in the new year haha.. My husband doesn't want me to lose hope, and he just keeps telling me that I should listen to my body. My friend is pretty much refusing to believe that I'm not pregnant, another is being cautiously optimistic, and the last friend I told is just being really supportive in general. I'm very lucky to have all of you guys, plus a few great people nearby that I can count on. *hugs* I hope you all have a great New Year celebration of some kind!

#743 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 06:49 PM

So sorry Dahlia! Don't give up hope, I wouldn't count yourself out yet! Hang in there. hug2.gif

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#744 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

dahlia i just want to let you know not to give up hope cause i had really low levels the first time they check me with my dd it was a 4 they told me i was not pregnant but i knew i was and well i was right and plus there is something called a chemical pregnancy i hate to even say anything about it but you mite want to read about it online

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
#745 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 08:10 PM

unuselyriver thanks for giving me some hope :) As far as chem pregnancies, I've read about all that sort of thing since I am so obsessive hah

#746 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 08:44 PM

That makes sense Dahlia. If you are comfortable with waiting a week than I say do what your gut is telling you. Much love! I sti have hope 😊

#747 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 08:44 PM

Still*

#748 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 09:05 PM

Thanks MamaMash.. Maybe I'll try to get to the doctor by the end of this week instead of early next week. That would still make it just about a week since my first beta.

Happy new year everyone :)

#749 of 788 Old 12-31-2012, 09:12 PM

Dahlia I've been thinking about you all day. 2013 will be great!

Katiecornflakes how are you? I feel totally fine :/ no AF so that's good

TTC#1 Since March 2008, PCOS and possible T-shaped uterus, divorced DH after 4 IUIs, hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, Currently with DB and bonus mom to his 3 children and our dogs Dexter and Morgan  grouphug.gifdog2.gif. Four more rounds of Clomid and IUI starting in December 2012 after trying naturally since June...

angel.gif
#750 of 788 Old 01-01-2013, 05:05 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I wasn't sure if I should move over to the January thread yet and wanted to put my 2cents.gif in. Dahlia If your lab work orders are not dated, I think I'd go ahead and get to a lab for a blood draw this week, Wednesday or Thursday. I also tend to be pretty direct and assertive and I do ask my providers for what I want/need (agree with MamaMash and Countrybound, that's what they are there for!). But if you you are uncomfortable being as direct, you could always claim you thought they meant to repeat blood work a week after your initial labs. I get that you don't want to rock the boat and I have no idea what sort of choices you might have near you for health care providers, not everyone is lucky enough to have lots of excellent providers to choose from. That said, you obviously have to follow your own gut and decide what you think is best for you. Lots of love and hugs. You are in my thoughts!!

MamaMash Wow, those are high numbers, exciting! I still think you have one bean in there, just a busy active bean wink1.gif

Any news, Blonhrt?

Becky, Katiecornflakes and Jjh How are you all doing? We're so close!! 10/11 DPO (I say both as you never know). I tested again this morning, so hopeful for New Year's luck and babydust, but got another BFN. irked.gif I know the early testing is crazy but I keep feeling compelled to POAS and I so desperately want to see those two lines. Not much to report symptom-wise here, cramping has essentially stopped, lotion-y CM comes and goes, still pretty weepy (not sure that tells me much anymore) and my breasts are tingly and terribly sore. Nothing says impending AF but all really explainable otherwise, if I am being honest. *sigh* I don't want to be a Negative Nelly but I'm starting to feel discouraged. Back to work tomorrow so I'll be reasonably distracted and have less time to obsess the rest of the week.

Happy New Year Mamas!!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page