December TWW Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-10-2012, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I see it even on my phone... The bottom one!!!!

caffix.gif wife to DH kewl.gif and mama to Kaden notes2.gif 1/1/06 and Jagger babyboy.gif 4/21/12

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 12:43 PM

Hello all - I am new to these forums as of today.

My hubby and i have been together for 6 years and finally got married this summer. We are a blended family with three children 15, 10 and 8. I had my IUD taken out after 6+ years on November 16th. I had it taken out the week I was ovulating. I'm just anxious, been waiting for this for a long time. Well, I got my first period in years on Dec 4th. Now the ovulation caluclator is telling me between 15 - 20 Dec.

would someone mind spelling these acrynomys out for me?
dpo
afm
dh
ds
cd

Oh and how accrate is the 5 day ovulation window?

TKS
Old 12-10-2012, 12:49 PM

Cindy-lu,

Welcome!

I'm not sure about the ovulation calendar, it depends on the accuracy of your reporting and the predictability of your cycles. 

I read somewhere that all cases of pregnancy can be traced to sex during the 5 days leading up to and including the day of ovulation.  But, you have to predict your ovulation correctly to get in that window.  If you are getting fertile mucus, that is a pretty good way of assuring you are nearing ovulation.  Good luck!

Here are the acronyms you asked for:

dpo=days past ovulation

afm= as for me

dh= dear husband

ds= dear son (and obv. dd = dear daughter)

cd= cycle day

you'll also see

cf/cm= cervical fluid/cervical mucus

ewcm= egg white cervical mucus

bfn= big fat negative (on preg. test)

bfp= big fat positive

Partner to one: '08  Mama to three: '08, '11, '13  homebirth.jpgintactlact.gif
Old 12-10-2012, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Sparkle Maman, I knew it was wishful thinking, I just needed someone else to remind me, thanks.  Your theory about it being leftover hormones from ovulation is probably right - the pain/sensitivity is now gone.  I hope it's at least a good sign that I likely ovulated this month.  Wishing you a BFP this cycle or else peace with your decision to stop trying.

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
Old 12-10-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMash View Post

How many DPO are you Serenyd?

14, I think. Based on a 25 day cycle. I'm not 100% I O'd when I was "supposed to" on the 26 of Nov. We DTD on the 26th and 28th (I think). I had what I believe was implantation cramping on the 5th of Dec, and some the next day as well. I got a BFP on 14 dpo with my daughter and that was based on a 28 day cycle, but only because I wasn't having regular cycles and that was default. I tested 5 days before AF was "due" with her and got a BFN. I am a little worried that maybe I was pregnant but the pregnancy didn't "take." Maybe I should have stopped drinking coffee entirely instead of just cutting back, but it's hard to quit that stuff cold turkey! I know if that is the case I will blame myself.  

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

Old 12-10-2012, 01:18 PM

emily11megan-

Thank you for the break down of words. :-) I did guess a few of them. yes, i am confident i was O on the 17th of last month, my CM was thick like egg yoke.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:44 PM

ao05 and mamamash - I chart because up until this month, we were TTA. Last preg I needed to know when I was ovulating so my husband could travel. And since I was two weeks post due date last preg and tend to have long cycles, I want to know exactly when I ovulate so no one gets too nervous when I go two weeks past again. You definitely have to be careful sex doesn't get too regimented but having a 14 mo who cosleeps makes things complicated anyway. :-)

AFM- I'm not really having anything in the way of symptoms. I gagged when brushing my teeth this morning, and was a bit irritable last night. I'm 10 dpo and will test on fri if no period. I never have much in the way of symptoms pre-AF. At this point, I'm starting to think this cycle probably isn't it.

Wife to B partners.gifsince 6/2004, Mama to T wave.gif(10/11) and 1sttri.gif (8/13). We:signcirc1.gifbftoddler.gifmalesling.GIFfemalesling.GIFcd.giffamilybed1.gif

Old 12-10-2012, 07:35 PM

countrybound- thanks for being my squinting eyes! even my always tentative dh says he can see something, but we aren't saying positive just yet.
serenyd-

Old 12-10-2012, 07:42 PM

Speaking of charting, AUvetmom and anyone else, my temp has even exactly the same every morning since AF stopped. Save for one morning because I had my bff's daughter overnight and was up most that night with my DD or her DD. It has been 97.18 for 6 days total now. It seems weird to me! I've been looking at the chart gallery's and most people's fluctuate a little. I tested my thermometer and it does work. Could it be that I have an alarm set and take it at the same time every morning? It just seems weird to me.

Wife to an army guy. Mom to a sweet and fiesty 2 year old girl. Expecting dd2 in early September. joy.gif

Oh and a tentative congrats emily11megan!! I can see a line smile.gif

Wife to an army guy. Mom to a sweet and fiesty 2 year old girl. Expecting dd2 in early September. joy.gif

ugh, phone posting...
serenyd- don't sweat the coffee, one cup a day is totally fine for healthy women!
sparklmaman- sorry you are feeling overwhelmed. I ttc for 7 months for my first, and I remember being obsessive half my life that whole time. hang in there, and remember you have us to lean on with all those feelings. So many of us have or have had the same ones. FX for you special this month.
auvetmom- I lol when I read your comment about regimented sex and Co sleeping. My 22mo is in my bed most nights. Sex sure is a different game than it was5 years ago, with no kids, and much more booze/sleeping in.
afm, testing in the am, will update.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:46 PM

mamamash, maybe you'll get a God, easy to read pre-O dip! my temp stays constant for 3 days at a time, then changes a pt and is constant another few days. One more thing to google, right?! Like we need that! gl smile.gif
thx for checking out my squinter!

Old 12-10-2012, 07:47 PM

*good, not God wink1.gif

Old 12-10-2012, 08:17 PM

I would love to get a pre O-dip. That would be fabulous lol. I'm only CD11. I have had quite a bit of watery CM today. So, I'm thinking something is in the works soon. Hopefully I'll I by the end of the week. Yes, keep us updated emily11megan!

Old 12-10-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily11megan View Post

ugh, phone posting...
serenyd- don't sweat the coffee, one cup a day is totally fine for healthy women!

Thanks! And congrats on your BFP. 

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

Old 12-10-2012, 08:46 PM

Sorry if this is TMI, but I had a thought ... is it possible my urine could have been too dilute? I peed in a cup to test (don't trust my aim!) and filled a full 16 oz with fmu (at 5 am) and about another 12 oz with smu (8 or 9 am). I used a FRER with the fmu and a Clear Blue Easy digital with the smu and both came back neg. What do you think I should do? I ordered some more FRERs but they won't be here until Wednesday and I wasn't planning to test until Thursday am. 

Old 12-11-2012, 03:33 AM

I see a line on that second test too Congrats and just in time for Christmas!!

I'm a bit concerned as all the opk's I've seen on here when positive seem to go VERY dark and mine doesn't, it goes just about as dark as the control line and one side of the test line is a bit darker but it's hard to tell. It doesn't go as dark as all your guys tests do ...any thoughts on that? Surely it is still a positive right? otherwise it wouldn't gradually get darker and darker then fade away the next day, it's still showing the LH surge right? I have temped this cycle and my temp went up by .2 after the positive opk for a few days, but some charts I've seen go up by .5. would it be worth me checking it with the digital opk's you guys are using too? to make sure. Anyone recommend any? and how many uses do you get out of them?

AFM 11 DPO today and expecting AF to be here tomorrow, all tests have been negative so far and I feel really discouraged seeing them so I decided not to test today, I'll just wait for AF instead.

Mom    wash.gif  bikenew.gifgeek.gifdishes.gif

Old 12-11-2012, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Good Morning, Mamas.

Emily11megan Thank you for your kind words.

Serenyd Like you, I have wondered a lot this month and last if I messed something up, if perhaps conception/implantation had occurred and this/these was/were a loss?

I stared at 5 days worth of BFNs before AF arrived, right on time, this morning. I was really confident that the O-like pinchy/pokey/crampy feelings I had last Tuesday and Wednesday (opposite side from where I know I O'd this month) were implantation. It seemed so right on timing-wise and not typical for me in the symptom spotting mode of the TWW.  This is 7 months of consuming thoughts around TTC (and convincing myself each TWW, this is it!) and 5 months of diligently charting, OPK use and well timed BDing. I know this is NOTHING compared to the time many mamas here spend TTC. My DH has again (infuriatingly) changed his mind around this whole process. Knowing this made this month's TWW especially high stakes, so to speak.I know I said earlier I was feeling okay, or trying to feel okay, with all of it.Today I am not feeling okay with it. My DH has always been satisfied with the idea of having an only child, even before we were married. In fact, this was a huge source of contention just before we became engaged and then before we were married. I was clear this was a deal breaker for me, I knew I would NOT be content with only 1; I was thinking more of 4-5! He insisted he'd agree to and try for at least 2. To say I feel hurt, mislead, betrayed would all be understatements. So I find myself, once again, in a rather dark place this month. I keep trying to be okay with it, to accept that I am done and trying so hard to be grateful for all the privilege and blessings in my life. This is proving more difficult that I'd thought as I realize I can be both grateful and sad for the sense of less. A part of me does wonder if the Universe is sending me a message, that if with 5 months  of well timed trying, it just isn't meant to be anyway. *Sigh* I am so sorry for the negative energy I am bringing this morning, this just sucks.

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

Old 12-11-2012, 08:19 AM

From fmu today.  Darker.  Obviously there.  I'm calling it,  DH...maybe tomorrow :)

Now I'm kinda freaking out; anyone else have 3 kids under 5???

Sparklemaman-  I'm so sorry about your emotional roller coaster.  I don't have any advice for you, just sending lots of love and hoping you and dh can come to a good place together. (which means that he'll try some more)  A loving woman like you deserves to have as many kids as they can, the world needs more wanted and loved kids.  Hugs today!

Old 12-11-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkleMaman View Post

Serenyd Like you, I have wondered a lot this month and last if I messed something up, if perhaps conception/implantation had occurred and this/these was/were a loss?

Sorry for your loss. grouphug.gif My partner and I have disagreed about family size before too. At rough times in our relationship he has made promises of more kids that he has taken back later. Very disappointing! Maybe your husband would agree to try "not trying but not avoiding" and if it happens, it happens? 

Old 12-11-2012, 03:34 PM

From this afternoon, about 9 hours after the first test this am...

I'm thinking I am pregnant! Wow. It's sinking in pretty slowly.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:50 PM

I can definitely see the line on this one!!!

Old 12-11-2012, 05:22 PM

Emily its darker!!! For sure not an evap! Congrats!!!!!!

Afm- I think I'm finally in the 2ww. Pretty sure I o'd yesterday or day before. Wish I never used the OPK's as I got mixed results which just confuses me on when I actually O'd. So now I'm going off CM which tells me I've o'd and so begins the 2ww. Hoping for a BFP Christmas eve! Would love to buy my 8mo DS a onesie that says "big brother" and have him open it in front of the grandparents on Christmas.

caffix.gif wife to DH kewl.gif and mama to Kaden notes2.gif 1/1/06 and Jagger babyboy.gif 4/21/12

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

Old 12-11-2012, 05:32 PM

Congrats Emily! joy.gif

I'm going to try to hold out on testing until Friday. My FRERs get here tomorrow, so it will definitely take all my willpower! I have plenty to keep me busy the next few days though, so hopefully that will take my mind off it. Not to mention I have not even started Xmas shopping for the kids. I know what I want to get but I still need to order it. 

Old 12-11-2012, 06:59 PM

I can't wait to see everyone's tests. hopefully lots of us can go thru a while pregnancy together! Those in the 2ww, post your symptoms etc, I love reading them!

Old 12-12-2012, 08:04 AM

Sparklemaman- I'm so sorry you are in a dark place. I've been there. I have a very short timeframe to be able to have children. Which my DH doesn't quite grasp. So, I can understand how frustrating it is when you and your DH aren't on the same page. I have HPV, and am one of the unlucky few who's immune system can't fight it. Been dealing with it for 6 years now. Have had countless paps, biopsies, cryotherapy 5 times, a cervical cone surgery, and a LEEP. So, if I keep having procedures my cervix will inevitably become incompetent. Not to mention cervical cancer. I trust my doctor with my life, and when he tells a young person like myself to start having babies while I can I take it seriously. Our DD is 17 months old, and most likely if we are able to have anymore it would just be 1. I've been telling DH this since we got together, but I guess it took a total breakdown on my part to get it through his thick head. So, now we are here TTC. He's onboard, but was also not upset last month when AF arrived. He didn't want to try until August 2013 so every month we don't concieve is one month closer to his ideal month. Men are frustrating to say the least smile.gif

Anyone have pretty bad cramps randomly? I'm on CD13 now, have not ovulated, and this morning I woke up to take my temp and was greeted with some pretty bad cramps. Not sure what those were all about. They are gone now though. Hmmm. Time to google I guess haha.

Good luck Serenyd! Let us know what happens smile.gif

Old 12-12-2012, 10:09 AM

My breasts don't seem as sore as they were, but I'm still getting dizzy spells, and I'm extra tired and cranky, and hungry. It is CD 27 for me. My cycles having been shorter lately (25-26 days) and I very rarely go over 28 days. So very curious to see what the next few days will bring. My FRERs get here today and it's going to be so hard for me to wait, but at the same time, I want to wait, because I don't want to be disappointed again! 

Old 12-12-2012, 10:17 AM

Thank you for all the compassionate responses. I truly appreciate your warm caring words and empathy.

Good luck everyone!! goodvibes.gifdust.gif

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

Old 12-12-2012, 10:51 AM

Congrats Emily!

Sparklemaman, lots of  hug2.gif

AFM- This morning DS sat on my stomach and rocked around saying "rockabee rockabee". I asked if he was rocking a baby and he just laughed and ran away... I had to test and I got the faintest line... I think I'm 10 or 11 dpo. Sorry the picture is sideways, not sure how that happened! Anyone see my faint little line?

tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

Old 12-12-2012, 11:05 AM

Serenyd- Good luck to you!! You have some major will power as I'd probably test as soon as I'd get them in the mail. I'm going to try and hold out until Christmas eve which would make me 13dpo. I might do the 22nd... but I think that's the earliest.

Mamapiegon- I'm sorry but I don't see a line, I also inverted it in photobucket and don't see any color. It's still early. Wait until tomorrow or the next day and test again. You also might see it better in person, but unfortunately I don't see anything. Best of luck and hoping it's really a BFP for you!!!

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List