December TWW Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 788 Old 12-19-2012, 04:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

joyfam -thank you for the compliment on my pic. This was taken a couple days after DS surgery on his head, so you can see his scar pretty good, but it looks so much better already. Post op was today and everything was perfect!

Starfish- I know that after a MC your body is funky. When I had mine I had what I thought was 2 cycles in one month and then got preggo after that (that baby didn't make it either, they thought molar pregnancy. It was a blessing in disguise for me as my ex husband became abusive shortly after our MC's and I left him). It took a good 2 months for my body to get sorted out after each MC. But that's just me and I know people get preggo immediately after with healthy babies. Best of luck that it'll be sorted out soon for you!

ao05- I hope you get answers soon and that you see a bfp soon.

mamamash- I don't really get bummed if I see a BFN because I know it's most likely too soon to test. I'd probably be more bummed hopefully waiting for Christmas eve to test and then see a BFN as it's 2 days before expected AF.

dahlia- I think you and I have the same amount of patience lol when it comes to testing. Fingers crossed you get that BFP.

Cindylu- Hope this is your month along with everyone else!!!

AFM- I am 8dpo and tested this AM lol... and of course BFN. I'm not having any usual PMS symptoms but I don't trust that. About 30 mins ago I went to the bathroom and wiped away about a quarter size amount of blood. With each of my pregnancies I have had implantation bleeding (even just checked back on my last charts from 2007 and sure enough). So either it's implantation bleeding or I'm getting my period early this month, because it's been two days since we BD. Hope this is it. I'll most likely test on Friday again. It's always been 2-3 days after my spotting that I get a BFP. I'm not going to let myself get too excited, but I have high hope.

caffix.gif wife to DH kewl.gif and mama to Kaden notes2.gif 1/1/06 and Jagger babyboy.gif 4/21/12

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 788 Old 12-19-2012, 05:19 PM

Countrybound- you make a good point. Christmas would be 4 days before I expect AF. So it could be too early if I did get a bfn. I guess we'll see how I feel on Christmas morning smile.gif right now I'm not feeling too anxious really. Just trying to get Christmas stuff in order.

ao05- how frustrating. I hope you get answers one way or the other soon!

Wife to an army guy. Mom to a sweet and fiesty 2 year old girl. Expecting dd2 in early September. joy.gif
#183 of 788 Old 12-19-2012, 05:29 PM

Thanks Countrybound! I hope you get your bfp too, very soon!

ao05- It'll be good to get the final answer at the doc, if you don't see your period by then, or (hopefully!) get a bfp! I wish I had the self control to not get wrapped up in symptom spotting, but as hard as I try, I fail lol

JoyfamMama- Was your doctor's appt today? If so, how did it go?

AFM- I'm still having cramping, and more creamy white CM than I had this morning.. like, I feel wet down there. Nothing else though. But, who knows. I'm trying really really hard not to read too far into it since I'm not even quite 5dpo yet. A gal can dream though, right? Sheepish.gif

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#184 of 788 Old 12-19-2012, 05:30 PM

Yes. It would be nice to just know! If I am I would really like to find out by Xmas too. It'd be a nice surprise to our parents.
#185 of 788 Old 12-19-2012, 06:01 PM

And believe me, I'm a major symptom spotter. I was googling everything happening since the first day I thought I had implantation bleeding. Now I'm googling the chances of getting pg the first cycle of not taking birth control and how long others take to get a bfp. I've been a mess since 12/3
#186 of 788 Old 12-19-2012, 06:33 PM

If it makes you feel any better, I've heard that it's totally possible to get preg right away. I've been off the pill for a month/month and a half. The first few weeks were really confusing for me, cause I had some really strange symptoms and ended up not being pregnant after getting some false positives on hpts. But in my case, after tracking my ovulation for a few more weeks, I did end up ovulating, and hopefully getting back on a normal cycle ( or am pregnant! ). I hope you are pregnant though!! Good luck, and just remember that everyone's bodies are different so there isn't any definite "right" answer to how fast you can get pregnant once you go off bc.

Good luck!! My fingers are crossed for you!!!

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#187 of 788 Old 12-19-2012, 06:45 PM

Thanks! We actually weren't TTC. This was a "I forgot to get my refill during the stress and mess of get togethers for thanksgiving" ha ha. I'm super excited, Mikes not quite ready, but its more of a fear of not being financially ready for him. The way I see it is... My kids don't have to have the best of the best of everything. And in this economy, us middle classers will never be financially ready. Not to mention he's 31, he'll be fine!! He'll thank me when he's forty that it happened now than when he was "ready".
#188 of 788 Old 12-19-2012, 06:47 PM

I'm hoping I am. His fear is making him hope I'm not. But he'll accept it if I am and make it work.
#189 of 788 Old 12-19-2012, 06:53 PM

I forgot to mention that there was another month I ended up missing a whole month of bcp. I read about your body thinking its pregnant and getting false pregnancy symptoms. But that month I just had heightened smell, sore bbs and super tired. This one was SO much different. If it was the same as last time I probably wouldn't have even thought about it until I was late.
#190 of 788 Old 12-19-2012, 07:20 PM

Just as an FYI I got pregnant with my dd my first cycle off BCP. And I had been on them for over 2 years at that point so it is totally possible!

Wife to an army guy. Mom to a sweet and fiesty 2 year old girl. Expecting dd2 in early September. joy.gif
#191 of 788 Old 12-19-2012, 07:45 PM

That is really interesting about your body thinking it's pregnant, and having symptoms! Crazy stuff. My husband took what felt like forever to be ready. I've been wanting to start trying since early this year, and he just finally got on board :) men. haha. I'm 25, and he's 26, and it was the same thing with him as your husband (or bf)-- money! He was just worried about the financial aspect of it. I guess he worked that all through in his head though! I'm sure Mike will be great regardless of the outcome :)

#192 of 788 Old 12-19-2012, 07:48 PM

I hope that's the case for me! I've wanted to be a mom since ...... 17? Thank goodness I never got pg that early. 9 years later, a mess of terrible boyfriends and I'm finally with the right man for 5 years now, at 26 I'm SO ready. I've never seen myself as anything BUT a mom. More so than any career that I've ever thought about.
#193 of 788 Old 12-19-2012, 07:50 PM

Always the aunt.... Never the mom... Lol. I've got 11 nieces and nephews and one on the way! It'd be nice to have a cousin close to the same age like I always had.
#194 of 788 Old 12-19-2012, 07:59 PM

He will be alright. He's so great with kids. Coaches little league football. Getting ready to go to school to be a teacher, and takes takes his nephew out all the time. He'll be a wonderful daddy, even if a baby does whipe us out if money. LOL.
#195 of 788 Old 12-19-2012, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Wow, this thread is so lively!  I can tell everyone is super excited and hopeful this month.  Maybe Christmas and New Year's is making everyone that much more hopeful - I know it is for me!

This 2WW has been such a rollercoaster of emotions for me.  AF is due to arrive tomorrow.  I have had 3 BFNs 3 mornings in a row, using 2 FRERs and 1 ClearBlue Easy (last test in the house - not my first choice for sure).  Then this evening I had brownish red (more brown than red) streaking when I wiped during a few trips to the bathroom (ha ha, it was more like 5-6 trips because I wanted to keep checking).  Nothing since.  No cramping.  I'm now convinced it was definitely IB and I'm sooo excited, despite the BFN this morning.  I'll be testing again tomorrow with a $tree so it might be another BFN but I'm expecting to see a BFP the next day, I hope.  I'll probably test tomorrow evening again too.

Good luck everyone, and wish me luck too!  This is our 3rd month TTC our 3rd child (and 3 is my favourite # :-)

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#196 of 788 Old 12-19-2012, 08:28 PM

Good luck!
#197 of 788 Old 12-19-2012, 09:21 PM

Good luck AngelKissedKids! Let us know what happens smile.gif I'm rooting for ya

#198 of 788 Old 12-20-2012, 07:49 AM

Ok I am not symptom spotting... I'm really not haha. BUT my temp dipped this morning. 7DPO. And I was crampy last night. Not symptom spotting. Nope. Not at all thinking it could be an implantation dip. Not thinking that at all haha smile.gif

#199 of 788 Old 12-20-2012, 09:01 AM

mamamash- mine dipped at 7dpo as well, but I didn't get spotting until yesterday... no more since than, but I'm now falling into doubts that maybe I'm actually not preggo. My cervix is low and semi soft boo. Time to go back and look at my charts from 2007

caffix.gif wife to DH kewl.gif and mama to Kaden notes2.gif 1/1/06 and Jagger babyboy.gif 4/21/12

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#200 of 788 Old 12-20-2012, 09:07 AM

I haven't had any spotting. I didn't spot with my dd, but I also didn't chart so I have no idea if I had an implantation dip. How many DPO are you countrybound?

#201 of 788 Old 12-20-2012, 09:12 AM

Yay MamaMash! I hope that's what it is!

Angelkissedkids- GOOD LUCK!! thumb.gif

AFM- I've still got dull cramps, and my CM is still increasing and creamy white. Don't you guys just love the updates on that lol (gross, I know!) But this is the only place I can talk about it like it's a normal thing and won't get looked at like I'm insane and disgusting haha

#202 of 788 Old 12-20-2012, 09:21 AM

So my friend just asked me when my period is due, and how I'm feeling if I have any possible symptoms. I told her about the dull come-and-go cramps, and she instantly shot me down and said "that's a bad sign :( " . I told her I've read differently, and that only time will tell. Why oh why do people have to be so negative? She does this stuff all the time. :(

#203 of 788 Old 12-20-2012, 09:36 AM

I'm 9dpo

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#204 of 788 Old 12-20-2012, 09:38 AM

Oh Dahlia don't let her get to you. You know your body better than anyone else and if these dull come and go cramps aren't normal for you than I'd say it's a good sign. I was way crampy when I got pregnant with my dd smile.gif

#205 of 788 Old 12-20-2012, 09:40 AM

We posted at the same time countrybound. Did you look at your old charts?

#206 of 788 Old 12-20-2012, 09:52 AM

I just did... it's the exact same MMC as 9dpo with last time I charted. Neg test 12dpo pos test at 14dpo which would be the 25th.... boo I hope I don't have to wait that long for a BFP if I am preggo.

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#207 of 788 Old 12-20-2012, 10:15 AM

What a fun Christmas surprise that would be though!

#208 of 788 Old 12-20-2012, 10:22 AM

I'm soo hoping I find out by Christmas.
#209 of 788 Old 12-20-2012, 10:26 AM

I would only be 11dpo on Christmas. I don't want to test that early. I'm hoping for a New Year's Eve announcement to my dd and close family.

#210 of 788 Old 12-20-2012, 10:41 AM

MamaMash- Lol... I'm planning to test by Christmas and I'll only be 9 or 10 dpo at that point! hahaha.. there you go with your will power of steel again! Good for you orngbiggrin.gif Thank you for your kind words too.. I just don't understand why my friend acts this way sometimes. I swear she must not notice when she's doing it. It instantly makes me feel so down.

ao05 and Countrybound- I hope you get your bfp's for Christmas!

Good luck to EVERYONE!! I'm sending mega baby thoughts to you all

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page