December TWW Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 788 Old 11-30-2012, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

This is a place for everyone in the TWW!  Come in and say hello, get some support, ask some questions.  Then come back and let us celebrate your success or give you hugs and encouragement.

Good luck and dust.gif to all!  Let's make some summer babies!

HPT accuracy DPO 
10 dpo : 35% 
11 dpo : 51% 
12 dpo : 62% 
13 dpo : 68% 
14 dpo : 74% 
15 dpo : 80% 
16 dpo : 88% 
17 dpo : 92% 

18 dpo : 99%

Beautiful BFP's  pos.gif joy.gif

Jillgayle pos.gif

emily11megan pos.gif

AUvetmom pos.gif

mamapigeon pos.gif

happybunny pos.gif

countrybound pos.gif

MamaMash pos.gif

dahlia810 pos.gifcandle.gif

LivingSky pos.gif

pearldoodle pos.gif

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#2 of 788 Old 11-30-2012, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How can it be December already???
mamamash likes this.

Wife, 27, to DH, 33, and Mama to DS1 Josiah - 8/09, DS2 James - 3/11, 10 angel babies, 3 foster children, and one adorable ALMOST ADOPTED son - 5/05 

#3 of 788 Old 11-30-2012, 01:18 PM

hi, can i join in?

#4 of 788 Old 11-30-2012, 01:58 PM

I agree JoyfamMama. Looking back November went so fast. It felt slow during, but somehow it's December tomorrow.
Well AF started today, so I'll pop in every once in awhile until I'm officially in my TWW.

Wife to an army guy. Mom to a sweet and fiesty 2 year old girl. Expecting dd2 in early September. joy.gif
#5 of 788 Old 11-30-2012, 02:04 PM

I think I was lurking on the last page.  I thought I was in my 2ww a few days ago, but I have continued ewcm (6 days now) and faint cramping for the last 2 or 3.  Perhaps I haven't quite O'ed yet.  Sigh. 

Anyone testing this week?  I need to think about someone else's tests so I don't remember how long it's gonna be before I can take one!

Partner to one: '08  Mama to three: '08, '11, '13  homebirth.jpgintactlact.gif
#6 of 788 Old 11-30-2012, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Welcome.gifdiaperjunkie10!  Good luck to you!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#7 of 788 Old 11-30-2012, 06:19 PM

Well... I guess I won't hear from the Dr until Monday. Ugh!!

Wife, 27, to DH, 33, and Mama to DS1 Josiah - 8/09, DS2 James - 3/11, 10 angel babies, 3 foster children, and one adorable ALMOST ADOPTED son - 5/05 

#8 of 788 Old 11-30-2012, 08:25 PM

Ugh what a bummer JoyfamMama. I am so anxious to hear the news!

Wife to an army guy. Mom to a sweet and fiesty 2 year old girl. Expecting dd2 in early September. joy.gif
#9 of 788 Old 12-01-2012, 07:10 AM

Officially 3 days late... Every day is torture, knowing the progesterone should have been started already... Hold on til Monday, little baby!

#10 of 788 Old 12-01-2012, 09:28 AM

Good luck JoyfamMama! My sister didn't start her progesterone until at least 6 weeks and I now have a happy 5 month old nephew smile.gif

#11 of 788 Old 12-01-2012, 01:33 PM

Awww, thanks mamamash. I needed to hear that. I have not lost a baby before 5 weeks, but 5 weeks is Wednesday, and I'll admit I'm scared.

#12 of 788 Old 12-01-2012, 03:59 PM

Just stay positive! And call your doc first thing Monday morning!!

#13 of 788 Old 12-03-2012, 11:40 AM

JoyfamMama any word from your doctor??

#14 of 788 Old 12-03-2012, 07:16 PM

I finally called right before noon. Apparently, if it's negative, they think they don't need to call until they get around to it? Idk... Anyway, it is negative still... Doing the math, and working backwards, there wouldn't be any hcg until about 34 days. I'm not that until Wednesday (and we're only talking 1.5 at 34 days, roughly basing it on doubling every 48 hours.) But of course... I look cookoo, and my baby has no more help now than when I was doing this on my own. I'm just going to try to stay on my sugar and keep it low, and pray until next week.

But to top it off, I was texting a good friend (well... Maybe NOTso good) and told her it is like watching a movie play out in front of me, and I can't do anything to change it. She proceeded to text back that "worrying only made it worse and kept the baby from taking, and that I needed to stress less, and quit "trying to" the have more so that God could bless me how he wants to". I. Freaking. Kid. You. Not. This is the same friend who has terrible anxiety issues, and her last pregnancy nearly destroyed our relationship. I held her while she sobbed her eyes out when her numbers weren't where she thought they should he. Never, ever once did I say anything like that to her! Really, it would even be one thing to say that when I'm not pregnant, but when I'm facing the loss of my SEVENTH child... It comes across as cruel, cold and judgemental.

#15 of 788 Old 12-03-2012, 08:01 PM

Ugh! Dang doctors and their need for test results to give you what your baby needs! Are you going back Wednesday to get another blood test?

And, holy s*#%!! What a "friend" she is! That's unbelievable! I don't even have any words. I just cannot fathom why someone would say that to a person, let alone a person who has lost six babies. I'm so sorry!

#16 of 788 Old 12-04-2012, 10:52 AM

When I was pregnant with my daughter and stiff bf'ing someone told me to use wild yam cream to up my progesterone levels. I bought some online but never had to use it (thank goodness) because my levels came back within normal. 

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#17 of 788 Old 12-04-2012, 10:59 AM

My coffee tasted yucko on Sunday, like it had a weird aftertaste. I thought I over-perc'd it, but the coffee at work tasted just as bad. I dunno, I drank some the next day with creamer in it and it didn't bother me. Maybe not a preg symptom maybe just burnt coffee, but it was a weird sour-metallic taste. Haven't had it since. Right now I feel like I'm PMS'ing. Moody/tearful yesterday and craving sex today (normal pms symtoms for me). Due to get my period next week if no baby. I've been really tired too, but that is normal for me! 

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#18 of 788 Old 12-04-2012, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Sounds promising, Serenyd! Metallic taste is a common early pregnancy symptom. Fx!

Joyfammama Wow! That's all I have to say about your 'friend.' How very rotten. The kind, understanding part of me wonders if perhaps she's got something going on herself and is not able to hear you and offer support. The unkind part of me thinks she's just a terrible friend. The whole situation is awful and I am so sorry you are going through it. hug.gif

How are you Mamamash?

wave.gifTo all you fellow TWWers! I have stopped myself from posting here so many times recently, as last month I found once I started posting in this thread I became absolutely obsessed with symptom spotting!! I am 8 DPO today. I have been experiencing a lot of pinching/poking/crampy feelings on my left side today. I KNOW I O'd from my right side this month. The discomfort comes and goes, been happening all afternoon. If I didn't know better, I'd think I was ovulating, as it is a very similar feeling, not painful exactly. My magical thinking mind says, this is it! Finally, this is our month. I shall know soon. I am hoping to hold out on testing until Saturday, which will be 12 DPO. The disappointment last month of several BFNs and then getting AF 4 days early was pretty overwhelming.

How are you all trying to stay sane during this trying wait?

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

#19 of 788 Old 12-04-2012, 02:56 PM

Keep us updated Serenyd! I had awful metallic taste in my mouth with my DD.

Good to hear from you sparklemama. Crossing my fingers for you!!

I'm doing well. Just hanging out waiting for AF to be over. Today is hopefully her last day. But who knows, I haven't had a real AF without BCP in my system in over 4 years. I'm charting this month. First time ever doing that. Little overwhelming. For now I'm just doing temp, CM, and maybe CP if I'm not too squeemish and I can figure out what I am feeling for lol. If I don't get a BFP this month I'll probably do OPK next cycle as well.

Baby dust to all!!

#20 of 788 Old 12-04-2012, 03:42 PM

Joyfammama- Maybe I missed it somewhere, but I'm very confused about your symptoms. You're pregnant? Yet no HCG? HOw do you know you're pregnant? As for your Dr not giving you your results, have you looked into maybe if they have an online program where you can email your Dr and look at your own lab work? I ask this because I was a nurse for OB/GYN up until I was 8 months pregnant with my now 7 month old DS, and we had an online system that many companies now have. Also I still am close with the Dr I worked for and the other nurses. I've never come across someone who has your issues and am curious (not trying to be nosey or insensitive, but always looking to educate myself more). I'm going to lunch this week with my old coworker and can talk to the Dr. I worked for before to see if he can help give me some insight on your issues. I'm very sorry for your losses, I know it's hard.

caffix.gif wife to DH kewl.gif and mama to Kaden notes2.gif 1/1/06 and Jagger babyboy.gif 4/21/12

belly.gifdue 9/4/13

#21 of 788 Old 12-05-2012, 08:48 AM

New vague pregnancy symptoms - twice today I got so dizzy I thought I was going to pass out, and my boobs are sore. Still could be PMS (and my body telling me to drink some water, you're dehydrated!), but obsessing is fun, lol, am I right? Well, we'll see. I was half-convinced I was pregnant last month, but I had a whole different set of symptoms. Anyone else had any weird symptoms? 

#22 of 788 Old 12-05-2012, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

So my cramping/pokey/pinch-y/twinge-y feelings lasted through last evening and renewed this morning. It is especially noticeable when I am sitting. SO much like when I O but just a bit pokier and crampier. I do not typically have this feeling at 9 DPO, or ever really. No significant change in CM as of yet. My coffee definitely tasted off this morning, could hardly drink it, and I do love me my morning cuppa. It was very metallic. I've fallen asleep before 8pm the past few nights and still feel exhausted. I look like I haven't slept! Having very vivid dreams too. Sigh. I SO want to test!! But I don't want to be doubly disappointed like last month... Not sure I agree this obsessing is fun, I feel more discombobulated actually dizzy.gif But there it is...

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

#23 of 788 Old 12-05-2012, 10:04 AM

Yeah, I get it SparkleMaman. If I can make it through this weekend without AF rearing her ugly head, I'm going to test Monday. It may still be too soon but I'm willing to try. I ordered some more pregnancy tests yesterday, JIC. Got the digital ones. Never tried those but I thought a pic of "pregnant" would be a cute way to announce, more so than 2 pink lines. I'm feeling a lot of crampy, twingy pains low in my pelvis and my back too. Could be AF coming on, but who knows. I'm not 100% that we DTD at the right time, so I really shouldn't get my hopes up too much. redface.gif We weren't officially "trying" yet anyway. I'm just ready to be preggo!  

#24 of 788 Old 12-05-2012, 10:22 AM

Sparklemama, I feel  you.  Last month, I got bfn after bfn, despite feeling pregnant.  I got a few faint +/evaps at the end, and then a bfn/af 3 days early.   Very learly loss?  I hate the word "chemical" it sounds so insensitive. 

I am (maybe) 7dpo today, and had some crazy ovulation/progesterone related symptoms around O.  I am bf my 22 month old, and have only had 3 periods so far, so I'm unsure what my normal is.  I only had one after my DD was born in 09/08, then got pg, then had a m/c at 11wks, then had 2 periods, got pg with DS and here I am.

I keep thinking I'll be able to just not think about it until my period is due, but I suck at that!  HA!

Anyway, it's great to have other mamas feeling the same.  As bad as I feel that they feel like THIS, I'm glad to have this sounding board. 

My nipples were SO sore for about 4 days, then subsided.  Thought early pg symptom, but now I think it was the progesterone from O.  Never really nursed through cycles before, so I'm learning more about my body as I go. 

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's week.

Joyfam- I'm sorry about your insensitive friend.  People really don't think before they speak sometimes.  You can interpret your faith in any way you do, and make choices for your own life in any way as well.  No one can tell you that your way of religion is wrong.  What a very personal subject for an outside person to dictate.  I am not a Christian myself, but I hope your faith will get you through this time, and will help you rejoice when your baby is in your arms at last.  Hugs.

#25 of 788 Old 12-06-2012, 11:05 AM

Um ... I just got my digital tests from amazon and they sent me TWO boxes of 2 tests. I thought I only ordered one! Guess I will have lots to pee on! 

#26 of 788 Old 12-06-2012, 11:18 AM

Tiny dot of red blood today, like the size of a pencil tip. 6 or 7 dpo. But...ambiguous, always ambiguous. THAT should be the name of the 2ww.

#27 of 788 Old 12-06-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily11megan View Post

Tiny dot of red blood today, like the size of a pencil tip. 6 or 7 dpo. But...ambiguous, always ambiguous. THAT should be the name of the 2ww.

For real! 

#28 of 788 Old 12-06-2012, 01:57 PM

Hi Everyone. This month is our first month of TTC our #2. I am charting and my temp rose on Dec 1. I guess that makes me 6 DPO. I think I'll probably test next friday. I've had pretty regular cycles for about 8 months, despite still nursing my 14 mo son (ALL the time). I'm excited about starting to TTC again and am curious to see how long it will take us. Last time, we didn't have any trouble, despite living in separate states because I was in school. My husband and I have a little wager going. If I get preggo this month or in month 3, I get 4 days of sleeping in on the weekends (ie. no baby care or animal feeding, etc in the morning). And if I get preg in month 2 or 4, he gets to sleep in. orngbiggrin.gif I'm really hoping it happens this month! As you can see, we are going the positive route and not worrying about anything past month 4.winky.gif In my first pregnancy, I spent a ton of time lurking here but never posted. I plan to be more involved here this time! Good luck to everyone trying this month!

Wife to B partners.gifsince 6/2004, Mama to T wave.gif(10/11) and 1sttri.gif (8/13). We:signcirc1.gifbftoddler.gifmalesling.GIFfemalesling.GIFcd.giffamilybed1.gif

#29 of 788 Old 12-06-2012, 07:15 PM

Sparklemaman I am so anxious for you to test!

Serenyd that sounds like a sign to me! Poas soon smile.gif but no too soon lol.

Emily11megan I agree completely! That tiny dot of blood could be IB?? smile.gif

AUvetmom welcome! I'm new as well, joined during my TWW last month. I hope your stay here is short! I love your positive attitude and wager with your husband smile.gif

#30 of 788 Old 12-06-2012, 07:19 PM

Oh and AFM I'm waiting to ovulate. Hopefully next week. I'm on CD7. Just hanging out trying to stay zen this month... Only spending half the day on google is zen right wink1.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page