TTC while Nursing in DECEMBER - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 133 Old 12-29-2012, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

AKK, my update:  DD 7 mos, 2 PPAF  Thanks!

RosieL, how are things going with the jumpstart? Any plans? (That was you, right, who was looking for ideas to get things going fertility-wise?)

A couple of questions for everyone...

Does anybody know what the concern is with taking FertilAid for Women, when nursing?  It claims that you shouldn't take it while breastfeeding, but I'm not sure what they are worried about.  It has a number of different things in it, like red clover, etc. I thought I would post the question here, in case someone else has already done the research-- before I set off investigating the ingredients on an individual basis. *sigh* I'm more bummed than I thought, since not getting a bfp for Christmas. So, I'm wondering what things are okay to take, in order to enhance my fertility. I've got hubby taking FertilAid for Men. I've got an idea of when I'm ovulating now, so I'm going to be doing OPKs this cycle. Also, I'll probably be doing some acupuncture.

Also, anybody else have issues with their LO nursing  A LOT during the nightime?  DD doesn't even want  milk, she just wants to sleep with my nipple in her mouth, and it.is.driving.me.crazy.  Problem is, I kind of created this situation, because I was so worried that she would wake up DS in the middle of the night... rather than let her self-soothe a bit, I always gave her the boob, even if she wasn't needing/wanting milk. I thought I would try posting here to see what strategies have helped others...

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 133 Old 12-30-2012, 04:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

AF arrived this morning, but I'm OK with it. The timing this month wasn't ideal on several fronts, as DH will likely have to have back surgery in January and I get terrible morning sickness, and also my due date would have been the day before my DS1's birthday, and close to our busy summer season in our store.  I was pleased that my lp was 8 days, a day longer than last month's 7, so heading in the more fertile direction.  I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone on here.

#123 of 133 Old 12-30-2012, 11:09 AM

Hi Fern! Glad to see you. I wonder how many more of our April DDC mates are TTC? BTW, the Facebook group is really active, not sure if you're on there. Sorry this wasn't your month. Seems like you're pretty chill about it, which is good. I hope to be chill this time around.)

TM - yes, that was me. I didn't pump for four days (cut out one pumping session) and became engorged so my body definitely noticed it. DS has also dropped a night nursing, from three to two. My fingers are crossed that this will get something going. I was in the mood for some BDing yesterday, which I take as a positive sign. (I haven't had a libido to speak of since DS was born).

I also have ridiculous TMI news that only you ladies may appreciate. DH has never slipped up with using condoms since we started with those a year before TTC #1. The only no-BC sex we have ever have was during active TTC and pregnancy. BUT, this week he chanced it. I was thrilled and shocked. It's still earlier than ideal, but I'd love to have a sort-of-whoops rather than actively TTC again. TTCing makes me a little nutso in a bad way.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#124 of 133 Old 12-31-2012, 07:28 AM

I'm feeling more comfortable as af did not show over the weekend, please move me to success
I hope everyone gets their bfps very very soon!!!!

DD 19 mos. 

#125 of 133 Old 12-31-2012, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yay, AudreyB3, I'm so happy for you!  Wishing you a long and healthy pregnancy :-)

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#126 of 133 Old 12-31-2012, 10:11 AM

Congrats Audrey!!!

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#127 of 133 Old 12-31-2012, 11:27 AM

So many BFP's Congratulations to everyone.

SO I have been temping thought I O'ed 16 day ago, but no AF and - HPT has me confused.

Can you look at my chart and tell me what you think.  You have to scroll all the way to the right.  I could not figure out how to break up the cycle.  http://www.tcoyf.com/members/hmb123/pccharts/37.aspx

DS 4/11

#128 of 133 Old 12-31-2012, 08:30 PM

@Tenzinsmama, some fyi info if it's helpful: I drank the fertili-tea for the last 2 months with no ill effects, also not labeled for nursing but I never found contraindications for any of the ingredients in that. Many of the ingredients have historically been used to support breastfeeding. There were no ill effects to my milk supply either.
Also I used opks this month mainly out of curiosity and did not have one true ”positive” at any point....obviously ovulated. Sure wouldn't trust them alone without monitoring cm etc.
Good luck!!!!

DD 19 mos. 

#129 of 133 Old 12-31-2012, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Happy New Year's!

I'm planning to take a month or two off from visiting the TTC forums.  I'm not feeling too discouraged after only 3 months of TTC but I think I need to do a lot less symptom spotting and POAS next month for my own well-being.  I'll be sure to come back to check on everyone and hopefully share my own BFP soon.  I won't be making any more updates to the initial post for this month... hoping someone might want to start up the January thread and take over that role.  Good luck in 2013 everyone!  Wishing for lots of BFPs!!!

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#130 of 133 Old 01-03-2013, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

hey ladies! 

im a 3 time "one thread" graduate, were slowly talking about ttc #4 biglaugh.gif and im nursing my 8 month old. what do i need to know?

no pp af yet, have dtd a few times, checking cervix  and cm,not temping...looks like i may be gearing up to o....but how do i tell while nursing..is anything different about placement, cm etc?

thanks ladies!!!

-Viv-

edit to add: fern and rosie! add me to the april ttc list. ;)

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#131 of 133 Old 01-03-2013, 10:43 AM

Viv I basically have the same questions. I have read a little bit about the return of AF, and the consensus seems to be that a sharp change in nursing (from night nursing to no night nursing, for example) brings back fertility quicker than a slow gradual reduction. My fingers are crossed that my pumping reductions over the holidays might bring AF around. 

How funny to be in a position to WANT her to return so badly...

#132 of 133 Old 01-04-2013, 01:22 PM

I will start the Jan thread. 

DS 4/11

#133 of 133 Old 01-04-2013, 01:26 PM

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page