Mothering Forum banner

The "One" Thread for December 2-10

2K views 60 replies 21 participants last post by  anyalily 
#1 ·
WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD
for Dec. 2 to Dec. 9

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gif
Waiting to O
whistling.gif

baby4makes6

bdavis912

CDsMom1031 BFPChart2.gif

doularebekah BFPChart2.gif

filiadeluna BFPChart2.gif

FreedEm11 BFPChart2.gif

InLove2009

jeslynn BFPChart2.gif

Jillgayle

jr'smom

kimble

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif

magoodoggy BFPChart2.gif

maia.springgoddess

mirpmama

MyKidKissTrees

MyName

nattery

newtoTTC

Shawnamarie BFPChart2.gif

SKJ2011 BFPChart2.gif

Stevi BFPChart2.gif

summerlake
sweetnatural

ThePeacefulMama

Tropicalfever

WildDoula

windsova

virgocantwait

zebrapopcorn

headscratch.gif
Waiting to Know (2WW)
headscratch.gif

A2E BFPChart2.gif

Angierae BFPChart2.gif

BaileyB

bebelove BFPChart2.gif

BetsyPage

brichole BFPChart2.gif

brogransmomma

cavertmmy

ciga

countrymama02 BFPChart2.gif

dbl_my_luv BFPChart2.gif

delilahbeau BFPChart2.gif

devilish

firsttimettc

Fnord BFPChart2.gif

- Jenn -

JustJenny

kittenbritches BFPChart2.gif

lenny1027 BFPChart2.gif

librarygirl BFPChart2.gif

lilgreenmama

LindsayDawn BFPChart2.gif

LittleKind

livingsky BFPChart2.gif

mamainthemaking

MissCee
Mz J

odinsmama

Renaissance31

samy23

SandyLoam

sarahl918

skeemama

SparkleMaman

stegenrae BFPChart2.gif

SuzieSmiles

wannabemomkt

confused.gif
WTF IS GOING ON?!?!
confused.gif

Banana731

bloodofthefae

southernmommie

RavenMadMommy

idea.gif
Waiting to be Ready
idea.gif

anyalily
BeautifulCanvas
Butterflymom

candyshells

dakipode

imbjer

jeminijad

jesepumpkin

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

John16n33

Lidamama84

Michaels-Mommy

nisojon BFPChart2.gif

sleepingbeauty BFPChart2.gif
Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif
tinytina
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif
~ GRADUATES~
joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

Graduate Thread in I'm Pregnant:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1352182/one-graduates-may-june/20

(the current thread keeper can update the graduate link as needed)

heartbeat.gif
November BFP's
heartbeat.gif

Starfish11

heartbeat.gif
October BFP's
heartbeat.gif

amlikam

dayiscoming2006 BFPChart2.gif

gratefulstella BFPChart2.gif

kitteh

jaxxy

nerissav BFPChart2.gif

SweetMama34

heartbeat.gif
September BFP's
heartbeat.gif

aHikaru

AmandaLynnH

LittleBlackBug

Quinalla BFPChart2.gif

heartbeat.gif
August BFP's
heartbeat.gif

TwighlightJoy BFPChart2.gif

heartbeat.gif
July BFP's
heartbeat.gif

nearlyelated

See less See more
#2 ·
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANYALILY!!
jumpers.gif
jumpers.gif
jumpers.gif
Enjoy your special day!

Welcome diaperjunkie!

AFM - 12dpo and tested negative today. I expected it as I don't feel even the slightest bit preggo. Monday I'm going to call and get us set up for some thorough exams at a fertility clinic. Its overdue and we are both ready for the next step.

#6 ·
Happy Birthday anyalily!
birthday.gif
Hope you have a wonderful day!!!

JustJenny please keep us in the loop with your appointment, etc. really hope you get some answers soon.

wave.gif
Hi to everyone else!

#9 ·
Happy Birthday Anyalily!

AFM I am 3 DPO today and ordered some pregnancy tests over the weekend, so waiting for them to arrive probably tomorrow. When to start testing though? I will start as soon as the tests are here I bet! When is everyone else testing?

#12 ·
Happy Belated, AnyaLily!

Samy23: Good luck on your 2ww- I am right there with you (8 dpo). AF is due Sunday so trying to hold out till then.

JustJenny: Wishing you the best in the next steps! Keep us posted. Actually, if you feel like sharing, I would love to hear what those initial appointments look like and what to ask for.

AFM: I am both symptom spotting and feeling pretty negative. It is not really a good place to be. I have even gone so far as to start to look up vitex and maca, and even perimenopause symptoms (I am 35). I know that I have not been TTC very long, but with the first it was so quick that I am getting very discouraged.

Anyone have positive experiences with vitex or maca (or both)? How much do you take? When? At what point did you decide it was time for these types of interventions, or others like acupuncture? I know that there are some other MDC threads on this and will look there too.

#13 ·
Jillgayle- Sure, I don't mind sharing what happens at the appointments. I understand being in a negative place, believe me. I am 36, dh is 41 and I think all the information about "advanced age" really adds to the pressure and anxiety. It doesn't matter how long you've been ttc. It hurts with each bfn. Plain and simple. It can be so tough keeping anxiety and disappointment at bay. I believe it was Dakipode who recently said that she had went to do early testing right towards the beginning of her ttc journey. I think that is really smart imo. I can't help but think if I had done that it would have relieved so much of my anxiety. Clear any illusions up, ya know?

You asked about vitex and maca. I tried vitex and had to give up on it because of some serious gastro issues. Too bad to because its worked for a lot of people. I'm on my 4th month of Maca. I'm not pregnant obviously, but I like the way I feel. Unfortunately I may have to stop as I've noticed it has shaved 2 days of my luteal phase. I'm taking 3 pills a day for a little over 1,000 mg.

#14 ·
Vitex really helped me after my miscarriage, helping my body to regulate again. I took 2 capsules a day. Now I'm drinking the Fertilitea, which has chaste tree berry in it (Vitex). My last AF was light and cramp free, compared to my normal heavy flow and constant cramping. Some say that it can affect your cycle length negatively if you have pretty regular periods, but it hasn't for me so far.

#16 ·
JustJenny Sorry to hear Af is here.

JillGayle you are doing well not to test yet! I will have by 8DPO, I'm 4 DPO today and losing patience for those pregnancy tests to arrive in the mail....but it's good really they are not here yet as I might have tested and wasted a couple because you can't get a true result this early! I'm thinking of testing from 6DPO if possible.

Anyone know about the temp rise after ovulation? My temp has only risen .2 and .1 since ovulation... which doesn't seem very high for a temp 'spike' after O...right? I was expecting more of a .3 or .4 temp rise.. thoughts? And if I am pregnant, my temp would be slowly rising each day...which it isn't so far.. at 1DPO and 2DPO it rose by .2 then 3DPO and 4DPO it went down .1 from the .2 spike.
greensad.gif

Hi Stevi!
wave.gif

#17 ·
<---- waiting to O

Hey, all...been an interesting week or so for me because I'm officially training for a half marathon (just completed a full marathon Sept 30). Halfs aren't that big a deal to me, I work up to that distance pretty easily. I'm slightly concerned my training could affect TTC, but I also feel like maintaining my health and sanity are just as important. I've never had my training (even full marathon training) affect my cycles, so I'm hoping that trend continues.

#18 ·
I hope you had a great birthday. Anyalily. Hey Stevi!

Afm- I'm either 13 or 10 dpo (if I even O'ed!) AF should have been here by now if it was thirteen :/

Thinking about running to the dollar store, but pretty sure all I'm going to get is a BFN!

#19 ·
Hi girls! I have been gone for a while after my second miscarriage in September. I am juuuust starting to feel ready to get back on the horse. Maybe I'll try in January or February again.

Anyway, my doc gave a speech about "two miscarriages isn't a problem, its just bad luck, especially since you have a healthy son. There is no reason to think you have anything wrong."

I, however, think I could possibly use progesterone supplements or testing this time around. He said that, statistically, these make no difference. I have heard otherwise from pregnant women.

What is your experience with progesterone prescriptions or even the creams? Is it crazy for me to just get some cream and start using a little during my two week wait on the cycle I go for it?

I'm at a place where I'm ready to try, but still terrified of another loss. I don't think I will try again if I have a third loss.

I'm going to post this in TTC after loss, too, but I "know" some of you and came to you first!

#20 ·
Banana Good luck with your testing! I will be joining you tomorrow, even though I'll only be 6DPO I can't wait any longer to test! Is it impossible to get a positive at 6dpo? I'll test anyway.

5DPO today and having some pre-AF cramping....

#21 ·
Hi everyone just introducin myself.iv been crazy internet surfing because ive been off bc for 2 years and charting 3 months.im currently 18dpo with another bfn but my temps are still high i clearly ovulated and have had major symptoms sorry if tmi. Extreme fatigue and nausea i dont want to even think about food so much i lost 5 pounds in 2 weeka diahrrea acne horrible back ache and i cried at the end of watching Elf the movie with will ferrell i mean come on now! I did spot for a few days at 7 dpo and bled for one and it stopped but my temps stayed high those days were extremely high actually.it doesnt help that my hubby and everyone around me is saying im preggo :-(

#22 ·
So just wondering, but do any of y'all have any long term personal goals out side of getting pregnant? Knittermama's post got me thinking and I told Dh last week that I have a goal of completing the Honolulu Marathon in December 2014. I am hoping I get pregnant fairly quickly and can start seriously increasing my mileage after the baby is born. I am a beginner runner by far (2.6 miles being the longest I have run at once), but I plan to try and run my entire TTC/pregnancy journey and maybe increase my mileage some during it.

#23 ·
Hello Samy23! Glad to see you back in the game!

And Hiya Banana731

AAM... This cycle is looking like another bust. So much for Clomid and Progesterone. I had a fever last night (8dpo) of over 101, and it appears to be from Bronchitis. Bronchitis is my arch enemy. The antibiotics I took for it during my first pregnancy is why I think I miscarried. So, now, I refuse to take antibiotics of any kind after or near ovulation.

#25 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by John16n33 View Post

So just wondering, but do any of y'all have any long term personal goals out side of getting pregnant? Knittermama's post got me thinking and I told Dh last week that I have a goal of completing the Honolulu Marathon in December 2014. I am hoping I get pregnant fairly quickly and can start seriously increasing my mileage after the baby is born. I am a beginner runner by far (2.6 miles being the longest I have run at once), but I plan to try and run my entire TTC/pregnancy journey and maybe increase my mileage some during it.
YEAH! You go with your bad self! There are a bunch of pregnancy runner blogs and such, but I haven't found too much for TTC. And AW! Honolulu! I'm jealous. I think that's a great goal. I deferred one of my marathon registrations this year, and I told SO if I miss it next year because I'm pregnant I'm naming that kid "Marathon". Bwahaha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.