A Saner TTC: The Long Nights' Moon - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 211 Old 01-07-2013, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Congrats Dakipode!!!!!!!!!!!!!! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#182 of 211 Old 01-07-2013, 07:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yay yay yay for BFP dakipode! Hoping for a sticky bean for you!

AFM: Had a funky cycle this month and not exactly sure where I am.

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#183 of 211 Old 01-07-2013, 08:52 AM

Lily- I'm the same way, I'm very zen up until I o and then I go nuts lol.

AFM- Temp went to the coverline yesterday and I spotted a little, then it dropped below it today so I am expecting AF to show up.  Oh well, on to the next cycle.  I am surprisingly okay with my BFN, maybe it is because I have had my heart set on an October baby.  I'm saying my prayers I get one.

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

#184 of 211 Old 01-07-2013, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Lily and John16n33 Me too!! I feel so okay, relaxed, flexible, flowy, until I know I've O'd and then I am consumed with TTC thoughts!!! I've decided to try something new for 2013 and really chart, temping and all. Bought my first basal body temp thermometer over the weekend and used it for the first time this morning. I totally think it is in the cards for us to have October babies nod.gif I can feel it. I loved my previous pregnancy with an October due date/delivery. I'm sending up prayers with you!! hug.gif

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

#185 of 211 Old 01-07-2013, 02:02 PM

I also had an october due date but a september baby! And I also loved the pregnancy.

AFM- Today I met with our mom group. My friend there is pregnant and she seems too worried and anxious about a second baby. And somehow the discussion went on to how difficult babies are, how much hard work. I just sat silent and sort of phased out. I had nothing to contribute. I loved being pregnant (well most of it) and somehow my brain is forgetting all the hardships of being a new mom and just highlighting all the baby chubbiness. I'm just feeling blue. I don't really like complaining about taking care of DD because she really understands now what we say. And in all truthfulness, (and I say this even though sometimes I hide from her because I don't want to share MY chocolate bar), I don't see her as a bother at all. She's such a joy to me and I'd love to give her a sibling. I just hope it is in the cards. 

Mama to my little Lily luxlove.gif (09/2010), and a sweet baby boy joy.gif (12/2012)

#186 of 211 Old 01-07-2013, 03:20 PM

Well AF is here, to celebrate I think I am going to eat an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's for lunch.  Or maybe I'll curl up with my knitting and watch some netflix while Dd naps.

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

#187 of 211 Old 01-07-2013, 05:17 PM

Thanks for the congratulations everyone!

Congratulations Dakipode and Serena!

Dakipode, I agree with you that making comparisons to an ectopic chart might not work so well. I would imagine that pregnancy charts might vary anyway. I'm sending you good thoughts that your bean found a good spot this time!

John, I just bought a pint of Ben and Jerry's myself!

Sending baby dust to everyone!

*** *5* * *8* * *12* * *16 * * *20* * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * stillheart.gif 40
#188 of 211 Old 01-08-2013, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter

Dakipode - I would think this pregnancy looks better anyways. The ectopic was a late implanter (always a bad sign) and this one seem sright on time. Also, the HCG seemed low with the ectopic and the HPT seems dark already for you which is a good sign.

Lilykay - I know what you mean. I really, really don't mind the middle of the night feedings. The falling asleep with a baby at my breast. The snuggle of a newborn asleep on my chest. I actually love it all. Even during the middle of the "worst" of it, I really, really didn't mind. I know no one believes me. But, I'll tell you again someday when I'm in the middle of it again with a newborn in the middle of the night. hearts.gif

revolting - I'm in the same boat. This cycle (immediately after my miscarriage) has been completely screwy. I have no idea if I O'd or not. (Although, we did get together on cd 16, so maybe if I did we have a chance this cycle.) I haven't had any cm signs though, so that makes me think theres been no O. greensad.gif

#189 of 211 Old 01-08-2013, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

John, that's my kind of celebrating winky.gif

Hi everyone!!

I'm so tired today...DP stayed over last night, which he doesn't typically do and neither of us slept well. Every time DP fell asleep he'd start snoring and I'd wake up and nudge him and then he'd wake up too irked.gif  It's days like this I wish I liked coffee lol  We're both kind of getting antsy about this cycle. We're tired and I don't feel like anything is happening. It's CD 12 so there's still time for O to happen, but DP has to go out of town for a couple days starting tomorrow and I could go w/him, but the prospect of sleeping away from home (which means the increased potential of even more loss of sleep) isn't sounding like a fun time. If we somehow manage a sticky bean this cycle I'll be ecstatic, of course, but it just doesn't seem like it's happening. I'm already thinking that I'll get some OPK's so I have a better idea of when O is happening next month. I used to chart when I had a regular job & regular sleep/wake cycles, but now that I'm self employed my schedule is super erratic so charting isn't really an option and I've been remiss about checking my CM this cycle. Wah, wah, wah lol 

I hope you all are having a better start of your day than I am. It can only get better from here!

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#190 of 211 Old 01-09-2013, 03:18 AM

Xerxella, I believe you. I really do! Because I also enjoyed being pregnant when everyone around me complained about it. And even though in the end breastfeeding became more of a chore (but that's only at the end of two years) and that's why I weaned DD, the first year and a half I LOVED it. And no one around me got that! My happy place right now are those days when she was so tiny, we'll lie down and she's on my chest suckling and smelling like heaven luxlove.gif.  I felt bad sharing this with my friends, especially because one went through a very bad case of post-partum depression, but I was on a high for 3 months after the birth. It was difficult of course being a new mom, but it was the first time in my life where I was living 100% in the moment.

AFM- 7 DPO and no signs whatsoever (except constipation). My schedule for the next couple of weeks is FULL, but not the good kind of full. A lot of appointments (doctor, dentist) and decisions to be made (we're moving in April). At least I'll be busy. I've also decided to do something about my health. I haven't done any sports for the last couple of months and my diet's was getting worse. Yesterday I bought lots of good food (organic calf liver, veggies, salad); hopefully I'll get back on track. I already feel better today after having proper meals yesterday instead of all the snacking I've been doing.

Mama to my little Lily luxlove.gif (09/2010), and a sweet baby boy joy.gif (12/2012)

#191 of 211 Old 01-09-2013, 05:59 AM

Hey all.  CD7 for me today so not much going on. It's so much easier to stay sane before the 2WW! LOL. Been sleeping with my eye mask to try the whole lunaconception thing. I do feel more refreshed in the morning, other than this stupid cold I have, so I wonder if the ambient light has been messing with me more than I ever realized. Supposed to talk to my MW today about progesterone so hopefully I'll get a script all set up for 2DPO. That will make me feel so much better.  We are getting ready for an 8h (or 10 with the kids!) road trip today. It'll be a long haul but we're going to visit one of my very best friends in the world and I'm so excited! 

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

Cautiously expecting #3 in November!

****5*joy.gif**10****15****20****25****30****35****40

We are a happy treehugger.gifwinner.jpg asl.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif family!

#192 of 211 Old 01-09-2013, 10:08 AM

Lily- WTG getting back on track!  I am trying to do the same thing.  Good luck with these next few weeks, business tends to make me less obsessive so hopefully it will you too :)

katie-  Good luck on the road trip!  This summer I went on a road trip with my family from Texas to Idaho for my cousins wedding, with 3 stops in Colorado along the way so my Uncle could play shows (he's a musician).   There were 6 adults, 3 teenagers, and 4 kids all in a 15 passenger van.  It was hectic to say the least!

-Meagan

#193 of 211 Old 01-09-2013, 10:09 AM

AFM- Nothing much is going on here, I am cd3 and my period has been strangely very light.  Like almost only spotting light.  I also STILL have not secured a spot for student teaching, and am starting to contact schools in Texas since my family said I could stay with them if I needed to do it there.  I just want to graduate!

-Meagan

#194 of 211 Old 01-09-2013, 11:07 AM

xerxella and lilykay - Can't wait til I can relate to those amazing baby snuggles redface.gif I imagine enjoying every minute of it!

AFM-   Saw the Dr. yesterday and he saw a cyst on one of my ovaries. He didn't seem to think it was a big deal. He thought that perhaps it was left over from last cycles ovulation.  But he did postpone the Clomid a few days in hope that the cyst would "settle down" a little.  I go in for another ultrasound next Thursday to see how its doing and if the clomid is working.  I'm trying not to let my hopes for this cycle get to high but they already are. The Dr. was very positive and thought that the meds should do it. To my surprise he didn't push IUI at all like I thought he would. He seemed to think that if my ovulation could be stronger I should be able to get pregnant.  Crossing my fingers that he's right and it only takes a few medicated cycles to get preggo! 

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
#195 of 211 Old 01-09-2013, 01:05 PM

That sounds really positive, JustJenny!! Fingers crossed for you that Clomid will do it.

AFM: So we started trying this cycle, and partway through the weekend I started panicking about the timing. So, we are back to preventing until at least July, probably October. It just didn't feel right. I feel like my DD2 still needs to be the baby. And, if we wait till the fall to try, by the time I have the baby DD2 will be 3, and by the time I go back to work, she will be eligible for school. All this is contingent upon us not conceiving this cycle, lol. Luckily, I got my OPKs in the mail yesterday (CD 11), and no signs of O yet. Our last unprotected bd was Sunday, so we should probably be clear for this cycle. I am curious when I O, though. My gut tells me it's more like CD 18 of a 28 day cycle. Does that make any sense?

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
#196 of 211 Old 01-09-2013, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Lidamama - it does make sense.. I read somewhere just this morning that women that go with their gut feel on O often have good results... If you are naturally in tune to it lol!
I admire your restraint and organization to hold off, I'm not going to have that luxury lol - at 38.5 already I'll have to rocket them out (universe willing!)
Sending lots of baby dust all around...

me 39, DH 39, one cat.gifno babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now whistling.gif (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.
#197 of 211 Old 01-09-2013, 03:42 PM

Thanks, Chuord! I wasn't this restrained with DD1 or DD2, but now my life is pretty full and busy. I want two more kids, but since I'm only 28 I do feel like I have the luxury of time, however my DH is 46, so I don't know how much longer he wants to be in the "baby" phase...I think that's why he's kind of eager to have them closer together...and every time someone has a rough day, he's like "and you want MORE?!"

#198 of 211 Old 01-10-2013, 05:52 AM

Lida - I wish I felt so relaxed about my age. Since we've had so much trouble in the last year TTC, even though I'm only 26, I worry about each year making it that much harder to have a healthy pregnancy.

JustJenny - Hoping the cyst is nothing and you can get back on your meds soon!

AFM: Period showed up yesterday. A new cycle, a new beginning, right?

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#199 of 211 Old 01-10-2013, 07:29 AM

Revolting: I totally agree that my age is just a number and there is never any guarantee about future fertility. But, for the sake of staying sane, I can't let myself fall into that trap of worrying...  I'm keeping my hopes high that this is your cycle :)

#200 of 211 Old 01-10-2013, 07:31 AM - Thread Starter

revolting - Hugs. grouphug.gif I guess that answers that question. Ugh.

Lidamama - Go with your gut on all of it. You're probably right!

justjenny - Good luck!!!!! clomid works for many, many women. I hope you're among that group! :babydust

wave.gif And, hello to all!

Sorry, to all the people I missed. I've been a bit distracted lately. I'll start the next moon cycle on Friday unless anybody else really wants it.

#201 of 211 Old 01-10-2013, 07:08 PM

So I just had the shortest and lightest period that I have ever had.  I seriously bled so lightly for 2 days that it was almost spotting, and then the third day it was just spotting a tiny bit-nothing today.  I'm not complaining, but it is weird lol.

-Meagan

#202 of 211 Old 01-10-2013, 08:03 PM

John have you tested again since AF? That seems suspiciously light...

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
#203 of 211 Old 01-10-2013, 08:24 PM

No I haven't, I don't have any symptoms and my temp was under the coverline from my last cycle for a few days.  I just had a little bit of spotting when I went to the bathroom (TMI) too.  I wish I had reason to believe it was a maybe, but I really don't think it is.

-Meagan

#204 of 211 Old 01-10-2013, 09:03 PM

John16n33: hmm, I agree with prescottchels that you should test again. Temps can be off for various reasons... BTW: what are you knitting? My goal for this year is to finish all of last year's unfinished projects lol.gif. I've got a cardigan and a triangular shawl for mom, a pair of socks for DH and a pair of gloves for my cousin (those are pretty much done, just need the ends sewn in).

katiecornflakes: I imagine having your kids three months apart is also helpful for your budget? Your comment about lunaception has me wondering if I should try sleeping with an eye mask, we have quite a bit of light from various electronics in the bedroom...

Lilykay: I hadn't exactly considered the time of year for being pregnant, I envy those women who can say: I'll have a baby then, and boom, they make it happen. Now that I am pregnant I'm thinking that it's a good time because I won't hit the three month mark until after bulky sweater weather is over, in case there's anything to hide.

Trying not to obsess I think is why we're all here, isn't it? Best of luck this cycle!

Sparklemaman: Good luck with the charting! Hope it gets you to a BFP soon!

Xerxella: I hope your cycle straightens out soon so you can get back to some well-timed BDing.

Just FYI: my second beta was great and now I wish I'd asked for a third one since my appt isn't till next week Thursday. Back in Nov the nurse had told me the levels were rising appropriately though now that I know more I can see they were low. I think a third one this time would've been even more reassuring but I'll just have to practice my zen till next week.

Lidamama: I can't imagine postponing TTC that long, I feel like I've been waiting for such a long time already! But you know what's best for you and your family so may you get your BFP when you are ready.

Everyone else: wave.gif

AFM: Hope you ladies don't mind my posting here. I've been hanging back a bit, feeling like I'm straddling two worlds right now, not ready to fully commit to joining a DDC until I can confirm it's not another ectopic. The symptom spotting didn't stop after the 2WW, I'm still obsessing over every twinge, mostly worrying that it could mean something bad. I have moments when I can completely forget about it all, and those are great. Then there are the small discomforts that make it more real and suddenly I'm back to obsessing...

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
#205 of 211 Old 01-10-2013, 10:55 PM

I ordered a pack of Wondfos tonight from Amazon joy.gif I can go testing crazy if I want lol  It's a pack of 50 tests for like $15. I couldn't resist. When I told DP how many there were he was like, "good god...I hope we don't need that many!" Totally cracked me up. I explained the pic I'd seen of someone who'd tested several days in a row and could show the progression of the intensity of the positive lines. The Biology geek in me comes out and I'd love to watch that happen.

I'd never heard of them before so many thanks to whomever mentioned them upthread or where ever it was on mdc that I read about them!

ETA-Dakipode I like your idea to finish all your unfinished knitting projects from last year. I was digging around in my shed the other day and came across a bag of unfinished knitting projects-I kinda snarled at it and shoved it back on the shelf...maybe someday... right now I'm finishing up a set of mama & baby lambs to give my cousins baby for her 1st b-day next month and wondering which hat pattern I should pick to make for my friend who's been waiting a year for me to produce a hat that matches a shawl she's had for years that she doesn't wear cuz she needs a hat lol and she's 80 so I should really get on it winky.gif

#206 of 211 Old 01-11-2013, 12:22 AM

John16n33: I'd also say test again! If you ovulated you have to shed the uterus lining your body built and two days of very light spotting does not do that.  I don't want to get your hopes up but one friend had several days of light spotting (after she found out she was pregnant so it was not implantation). As to symptoms, another friend I was visiting yesterday is having the most symptom free pregnancy ever.

Dakipode: It is so easier to be walking around with a big belly in the summer than in the winter, at least from my observation. In my Mom's group, I gave birth just before the cold weather came, the rest gave birth one or two months later. I saw them complaining about trying to fit their bellies into something warm because no one really wants to buy an expensive maternity jacket only to use it for a couple of months. 

BTW, sorry to say this but this is only the start of obsessing. First it is about the first 3 months of pregnancy. Then if the baby is developing properly. Then about the birth. Then about sudden death syndrome. Then once the baby is around 6 months old about all the developmental milestones. At some point I was googling if there is a weird nerve disorder where baby does not feel pain all because my DD didn't cry at all after getting a shot. My MiL told me and now I believe her "As a mother, you never stop worrying. You just get used to it."

Prescottchels That is exactly what DP said after he say the package of pregnancy tests I bought (and it only had 10!!!).

AFM - 9 DPO, no symptoms. At least the weekend is packed full so I won't have too much time to think about it. After only a few days of improving my diet (cut down a lot on the bread, and almost no sugar), I'm feeling much better. Energy levels are up and the blues are almost gone. I only to need to get back on track with working out. I just hope I lose those few pounds (4 to be exact) I gained over the holidays moping around, watching shows on end and eating sweets. Ladies, I highly recommend calf liver. Every once in a while I eat it and I just feel so good and energetic afterward.

Have a great weekend!

#207 of 211 Old 01-11-2013, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakipode View Post

AFM: Hope you ladies don't mind my posting here. I've been hanging back a bit, feeling like I'm straddling two worlds right now, not ready to fully commit to joining a DDC until I can confirm it's not another ectopic. The symptom spotting didn't stop after the 2WW, I'm still obsessing over every twinge, mostly worrying that it could mean something bad. I have moments when I can completely forget about it all, and those are great. Then there are the small discomforts that make it more real and suddenly I'm back to obsessing...

DAKIPODE- you sound just like me, I'm so obsessed that this pregnancy is gone miscarry , I feel like I got no symptoms and I'm constantly checking for blood. I wish I was in the US so I could get the doctor to check me out, but here in UK I gotta wait till 10-12 weeks. I'll b crazy by then lol😝
#208 of 211 Old 01-11-2013, 09:33 AM

Eh I might pick up another dollar test, but I really don't think I am.  For the two period days it was more like a really light period, like somewhere between spotting and a light flow.  Then a little bit of spotting on cd3 and one tiny incident of spotting yesterday afternoon.  I tested at 13dpo and got a bfn so I'm about 99% sure I'm not pregnant.

prescott- It's funny you mention that because I was about to buy some wondfo's too.  I think it would be cool to have the progression pics, plus I don't want to spend as much money this cycle as I did last cycle lol.

-Meagan

#209 of 211 Old 01-11-2013, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
John16n33 I just invested in Wondfos myself. They arrived at the end of my TWW. I ordered OPKs and HPTs together, it was super inexpensive. It is very tempting to use them as a result!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

#210 of 211 Old 01-12-2013, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry all. I'm out of town this weekend, so only in my phone. I'll have to post the new thread on Monday when I get back. I'll put a post here when I do, too.

Dakipode - congrats on great numbers!!! They can be so reassuring.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page