January 2013 TWW Thread - Page 10 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#271 of 986 Old 01-08-2013, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Mdawn - I would definitely be still having hope if it was me... Maybe wait another few days and try again? If still no bfp or AF id then think about blood tests. The only thing is (as I've learnt from being on here) there are other things that can cause the symptoms as well..
Keep us posted!

me 39, DH 39, one no babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties in waiting. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July... Waiting
#272 of 986 Old 01-08-2013, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacatsbaby View Post
Aww! So sweet about you and your DH smile.gif . Hey, book away! I love reading about everyone's journeys. Oh I can just imagine the absolute joy your mom will feel when you do tell her happytears.gif . That's so great that your mom is your best friend; it's such a special relationship mother/daughter. I'd love another boy but I do wonder about having a girl and what a different relationship that would be compared to the ones I have with my boys. I had a dream about my mom last night and I'm still trying to figure out what it was about.

I'm sorry mamacatsbaby - I somehow missed responding to your post when I was trying to get caught up from yesterday! Thanks for your support and not being bothered by my books:) I actually asked my Mom today, "so, when I'm pregnant, when can I tell you" and she said "I don't know, maybe when you're showing" and we laughed, so guess I can't tell her for a while... I really have treasured the relationship we've shared over the years and hope that if I have a girl that we will have a special relationship as well. Funny thing is that I've always had good relationships with guys (don't take this wrong, I mean as friends - heehee) - I seem to get along better with them for some reason, so, hoping if we have a boy that we will be good buds:) I would be thrilled either way! I often wonder about what dreams mean as well... Hope you're doing alright today with waiting and not going too crazy!nut.gif

Me (S) + my soulmate (D), together for 12 years. Joyfully added our sweet little boy, Gabriel, born at home on 9/21/13. We have 2 good dog2.gif  + 4 crazy cat.gif 
#273 of 986 Old 01-08-2013, 05:13 PM

Suzie what does krill oil do? I almost bought some vitamin e capsules today, but wanted to double check what it does. I'll definitely be picking some up tomorrow! Do I really need to take fish oil in addition to my prenatal? It has omega 3s in it. I don't want to over-do anything :) Thanks in advance for your help!

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#274 of 986 Old 01-08-2013, 05:19 PM

My period finally came, Bout two weeks late. And man, it came with VENGEANCE.

Sparkle, I think you were right. This is my 3rd Ppaf, but it feels like my first. Looking back, even though my first two were the same number of days apart and both 5 days long, they were only brown spotting. This time around I feel like I'm going to die of blood loss. I'm feeling tired, crampy, full on pms, for the first time since Obug was born. He's 20 months old now, and I'm still nursing him, but ALOT lesS.

Do you think the first two periods, even though they seemed regular, maybe I wasn't ovulating? I'm hurting right now, but I'm so excited because I feel like I have got full fertility back and we might really have a shot in January.

Funny thing is, when I got pregnant with Obug, I tested on the 11th, because my period was due on the 5th. Here I am, 3 years later and my first period comes on the 6th. HAHAHAHA orngtongue.gif

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

Our Breastfeeding Journey @ www.MotherHoodinEden.com
#275 of 986 Old 01-08-2013, 05:30 PM

Blonhrt I'm sorry this wasn't your cycle for a bfp, but I'm glad that you seem to be in good spirits, even though it's hard right now :) It really is a good omen that your body seems to be getting to normal, which means you will have your bfp very soon! Keep your chin up, and keep trying! hug2.gif

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#276 of 986 Old 01-08-2013, 07:24 PM

hey all, looks like i'll be seein' some of you in the next tww thread. af showed up for me today, on cd26--which is rather early for me considering the cycle before that was 31 days. as it appears my cycles are deciding to be a little less than cooperative, i'm beginning to consider the idea that it may take a while yet for me, especially since we're being particular about timing for a girl! we shall see. good luck ladies!

Midwife apprentice and mama to 6, including three UC babies: Jude River, 06/04/08, Alora Wren Isolde, 9/27/10, and our newest addition, Ailish Brynn Elspeth, 6/12/14!
#277 of 986 Old 01-08-2013, 07:52 PM

Thanks dahlia!

How are you doing?

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

#278 of 986 Old 01-08-2013, 08:15 PM

Hugs lady elm and blonhart... It seems like most of us are all already onto the next cycle - lets try and make that a sticky baby dust one!

I'm still in but only just - tomorrow will tell...
Everyone else - I'm just enjoying your journeys... And waiting for some bfp's to share in lol

me 39, DH 39, one no babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties in waiting. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July... Waiting
#279 of 986 Old 01-09-2013, 05:38 AM

AF arrived last night and I am really sad and in a lot of pain. I called off of work today because I am in so much pain and my boss was a total jerk about it so now I am even more upset. Like I want to sit at home by myself all day and wallow in self pity!
Thanks everyone for being so supportive smile.gif I think I've decided that I am going to stop being so obsessive and getting my hopes up because two months in a row is really hurting me :/
#280 of 986 Old 01-09-2013, 05:48 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh no jjh! I'm sorry hug.gif . Curl up with some Netflix or a good book you've been wanting to get into and some serious comfort treats. And that's crap that your boss was so sucky angry.gif .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#281 of 986 Old 01-09-2013, 05:50 AM

Hugs all around here today! 

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

Cautiously expecting #3 in November!

****5*joy.gif**10****15****20****25****30****35****40

We are a happy treehugger.gifwinner.jpg asl.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif family!

#282 of 986 Old 01-09-2013, 05:51 AM

jj I'm so sorry :( Thats really tough especially when your hopes are so high. Spend today taking good care of yourself, and relaxing. Try to focus on the next cycle, and don't give up hope! I know it's hard, but you'll get your bfp soon hug2.gif

Blonhrt I'm doing pretty well, just trying to stay hopeful for this month! How are you feeling today?

AFM I'm confused about when I'm going to ovulate now, because I thiiink I got a positive wondfo OPK this morning. I'll post a pic. I was expecting to O closer to the 14th... Oh well, at least we've been BDing. Is it normal for O to occur this soon? My last day of my period was last thursday, light spotting. I'm planning to try a Clearblue OPK later to get a more definitive answer, but here's a pic of my wondfo's from the last few days. The last one is from this morning fmu.

#283 of 986 Old 01-09-2013, 06:18 AM

I meant to ask, what do you guys think? does that look positive to you?

#284 of 986 Old 01-09-2013, 06:28 AM

Dahlia, sometimes it's hard to tell in pics but I don't think that's pos yet. Getting there, though! What CD is it now?

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

#285 of 986 Old 01-09-2013, 06:29 AM

It looks like O is definitely approaching, but it's not positive yet. The test line needs to be as dark or darker than the control line. If I may suggest something, when I read the instructions on OPKs it suggested that you don't use your FMU on them, but your SMU.I would test with SMU on a wondfo today, and tomorrow and see what it looks like. Please forgive me if I've been too forward.

Me (33), DH (35) and DD1 (3) conceived naturally after 6 months. After TTC#2 for 15 months, finally got a pos.gif on my second cycle of Clomid, DD2 born Sept, 2013. Can I convince my DH it's a great idea to have another one?
#286 of 986 Old 01-09-2013, 06:48 AM

Devilish haha, don't worry, I'm the queen of tmi, so there's pretty much no way for you to be too foward with me about bodily functions! ROTFLMAO.gifIf you hang around and see my posts, you'll understand what I mean lol. Thanks for your help!

Katie I'm on cd9 (the cycle starts on day 1 of the period, right?) So I've been watching my CM, and started using the OPKs on Sunday because I'm obsessive and would be so mad at myself if ovulation happened early and I missed it! I'm planning to keep doing an OPK morning and night, until the surge ends. Then I can obsess about other things during my tww lol. Thanks for helping! I'm still getting the hang of reading wondfos.. I can recognize an obvious negative, but when they start to turn as O approaches it gets a little dicey :) I'll probably add using Clearblue OPKs into my routine as well.

#287 of 986 Old 01-09-2013, 07:20 AM

Dahlia, I find when it's positive I don't doubt it, if that helps. :)

#288 of 986 Old 01-09-2013, 07:36 AM

That makes sense, Katie, at first glance I thought it was definitely positive, but then started questioning it.. partially because I can't remember how my positive wondfo OPK looked last month, and partly because I didn't think I would be ovulating this early.. I guess I'll just keep testing and see what happens

#289 of 986 Old 01-09-2013, 09:15 AM

Sorry Blonhrt, LadyElms, and JJ. I hope we all get our BFPs next month! I have mixed feelings about it because my daughter is an October baby.

Dahlia, I think I'm going to try the digital clearblue ovulation tests next month, too. 

Suzie, I ordered some vitamin code raw prenatals and some of their fish oil too. Hopefully it will help with my fertility and my overall health. 

Thinking I will try to switch from coffee to tea in the mornings, too. Tea is supposed to help fertility. I know one cup of coffee a day is supposed to be ok for TTC but I think after 2 failed cycles of TTC I need to mix it up a little. Also going to try to BD every day during my fertile period. I read every other day is better if there is a low sperm count, but I don't think we have that problem (I hope). According to my predictor chart, my O day is most likely going to fall on a day I'm leaving to go out of town for work. Hopefully it won't mess things up for us. 

My AF cramps are getting better and I'm starting to feel like getting some stuff done around here. Going to try to be more productive during my next 2ww too! Can't let TTC rule my life, I do have other things to think about. smile.gif  FX and babydust to everyone! dust.gif

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#290 of 986 Old 01-09-2013, 10:10 AM

Serenyd I use a combo of Wondfo and Clearblue OPKs as my ovulation date nears. I like using the wondfos because they're cheap, and I test 2 times a day. As the wondfos start to darken, signalling that I'll ovulate soon, I start testing with Clearblue as well. Using both lets me start testing a little early for ovulation, withough breaking the bank on Clearblues :) It gives me lots of peace of mind that I won't miss my O, too, because I know that once both the wondfo and CB are positive, it's definite! (Glad to hear your cramps are feeling better, by the way!)

I have a question about vitamins and supplements: I'm taking a prenatal that has dha, as well as omega 3s. Should I still take fish oil, or would that just be overkill? I was also wondering what anyone can tell me about vitamin e and fertility, because I've heard that it can help to improve the egg's chances of healthy implantation but don't really know if that's true. Thanks ladies :)

I hope everyone is having a fantastic day!

#291 of 986 Old 01-09-2013, 12:39 PM

Thanks chuord, same to you smile.gif positive baby vibes!!

Jjh, I hate it too! Mine is soooo bad this month. Lets just say its a good thing. At least we are getting some kind of answers. Now we just need to catch that next egg!

Dahlia, I'm feeling crappy. Tis period is so freakin typical. Two weeks late, and back with vengeance! My husband is so tired of hearing about my blood loss. Lol. Oh well. And by the way, I don't think there is any limit on weirdness of timing with ovulation. I have heard SO many women say the same thing, they got pregnant when they bd according to when they thought they ovulated rather than what the calendar says, and I totally agree. So many things can change your ovulation date, just bd as much as you can if you think your fertile:) I'm actually going to take my own advice this month. I have been ovulating wayyyyy later than I thought, and we had stopped bd by then!

Serenyd, fingers crossed!

#292 of 986 Old 01-09-2013, 01:13 PM

Jj - so sorry you are out and so miserable! That's hard!
The only positive thing I can think of about having an intense period is for me it always feels like a girly detox and spring clean lol... Like I'm ready for baby making the next month!
Dahlia I have not yet tried any opk's so I'm no help - I agree with the girls that it doesn't look as strong as the control yet tho.
Serenyd - I so totally agree with you, this tww I have just existed... So many things to do lol and instead I spend all my time on the web! Or poas!
Blobhrt- I agree surely prolific BDing can't hurt 😍😉 I don't know about you ladies but for me when I'm ovulating is when I'm most keen lol - if that doesn't work it could be time for temping.
Afm I hate missing all the conversations while asleep lol (7.11am here). Also today my AF is due, I'm not holding my breath either way - didn't poas this morning (am so proud of myself lol) mainly because I don't want bad news - I figure I'll cling to hope till the fat lady sings lol.
Here's to a more relaxed next tww lol!

#293 of 986 Old 01-09-2013, 01:51 PM

Thanks everyone for the support. I've had a really tough day. Lots of tears because I didn't tell my husband this morning before he left for work and then I went to bring hi cookies that I made last night and I totally lost it... In front of his district manager! Needless to say I am super embarrassed!

I agree with the whole ovulation thing- I don't think that any calendar can tell most women when they are ovulating! I think trust the strips, CM, bbt, etc. good luck everyone smile.gif
#294 of 986 Old 01-09-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuord View Post
Thanks Suzie 😜 let us have a pic of your next bfp to cheer us all up lol!
Afm I've lost most of the symptoms now - lol maybe it was all caused by a cyst? AF due tomorrow so I'm waiting to see what happens, i'm still more sure that I am/was pregnant but have no expectation of a bfp reading lol. Just 'trying' to relax and enjoy the ride (hahaha so not happening!)
It seems like I'm still in waiting land and everyone else is almost to their next O... Ladies please keep posting its a fab distraction.

chuord - I took another test this morning $tree and it was an instant positive! Don't want to be overkill and post another pic, but it was definitely dark.orngbiggrin.gif I'm no longer going to be reluctantly excited, I'm full blown super excited! I am planning to call and make an appointment to interview a midwife. Hopefully she will be able to offer me some advise on what to do next as far as any test and whether or not I should adjust the supplements I'm taking, etc... I just read your update that it's your morning right now, so good morning to you! I'm still keeping fingers and toes crossed for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjh5351 View Post
Do you take vitex?

jj - I was taking vitex until ovulation. It was actually in a blended herbal (called Estrotone) I have been taking for about a year and a half now. Unfortunately, a couple of the herbs in the blend are not advised to take during early pregnancy so I weaned myself off of it. I used to take 2 per day and decreased to one per day after AF, then when I think I ovulated, I stopped taking it completely. I really hope that you will benefit from taking Vitex:)  A quote from one of my herbal books: "Vitex will always enable what is appropriate to occur". I like that!! And, I just read that AF arrived last night, I'm so sorry honey and hope that your cramps are getting better.hug.gif Lots of sources I've read about Vitex state that best results are with long term use and just like with anything natural, it can take time so try to be patient (what am I saying, patience, this is the TWW thread, ignore me, I'm obviously insane!). Anyway, don't give up, fingers crossed for you next cycle!!

Sorry about AF ladyelms and blonhart, good luck next cycle.grouphug.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlia810 View Post

Suzie what does krill oil do? I almost bought some vitamin e capsules today, but wanted to double check what it does. I'll definitely be picking some up tomorrow! Do I really need to take fish oil in addition to my prenatal? It has omega 3s in it. I don't want to over-do anything :) Thanks in advance for your help!

dahlia - krill oil was recommended to me by my naturopath (who I no longer am able to go to) about a year ago when I mentioned that I wanted to get my body ready to TTC and we went over the supplements I was taking... At the time I was taking an Omega 3 capsule but he said that krill is better and that studies had been done which showed how beneficial it is for women, so I changed and starting taking it instead of the basic Omega 3. I take 500mg per day.

Apparently 200-400  I.U. of Vitamin E are essential to the health of the reproductive system, it normalizes hormone production. It is recommended by Rosemary Gladstar, an herbalist to take 600 I.U. per day to prevent miscarriage (50 I.U. if you have high blood pressure, heart disease or diabetes). My multi only has 30, so I take an additional 200 and will take more if I'm advised to do so by the midwife I choose... Hope this helps a little:)

Your OPKs look like you are gearing up to O, I'd keep testing until you are confident in the darkness of the line. And, I agree with devilish, I've read not to take them with FMU because your LH surge generally shows up later in the day. I always took mine in the afternoon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenyd View Post

Suzie, I ordered some vitamin code raw prenatals and some of their fish oil too. Hopefully it will help with my fertility and my overall health. 

Thinking I will try to switch from coffee to tea in the mornings, too. Tea is supposed to help fertility. I know one cup of coffee a day is supposed to be ok for TTC but I think after 2 failed cycles of TTC I need to mix it up a little. Also going to try to BD every day during my fertile period. I read every other day is better if there is a low sperm count, but I don't think we have that problem (I hope). According to my predictor chart, my O day is most likely going to fall on a day I'm leaving to go out of town for work. Hopefully it won't mess things up for us. My AF cramps are getting better and I'm starting to feel like getting some stuff done around here. 

Serenyd - I hope you like the prenatals you ordered and that they work well for you:) I have to comment about your coffee to tea switch and hope others will chime in as well... I'm gradually weaning myself off of coffee (not that I've ever been a crazy addict, I only ever used to average 2 cups/day). Over the last 6 months I've gone from 1.5 mugs to 1/4 this morning. It's just the ritual, KWIM... I tried to find out which teas were safe/recommended during pregnancy and geez, it's almost nil! Nothing I have in the pantry is 'safe' and I have a LOT of tea!! I don't know if I agree with all of the negative stuff I read about herbal teas and will definitely be getting a second opinion from the midwife I end up going with. I really enjoy something hot in my mug in the morning, especially this time of year! I think I will be switching to black tea over the next couple of days, just one mug, nothing major. Are you going herbal or black or?? Glad your cramps are getting better, fingersx.gif for your next 2WW!

mamacatsbaby - just replied to your post in HHAC thread but felt weird not at least saying "hello" here as well:Dhola.gif

Katie - hope your road trip was a success and that you had a great visit with your friend:)

Hi to everyone else, dust.giffor everyone in the 2WW!

Me (S) + my soulmate (D), together for 12 years. Joyfully added our sweet little boy, Gabriel, born at home on 9/21/13. We have 2 good dog2.gif  + 4 crazy cat.gif 
#295 of 986 Old 01-09-2013, 02:35 PM

That's great about your BFP suzie!! That quote about vitex makes me feel better too:) I wasn't expecting to have vitex work right away and then the BFP just shocked me which is why I am so sad :/ I am going to keep on with just plain old vitex and see where it goes. My cramps do see a bit better this month than last so I am certainly happy about that. Fingers crossed for next month. Also good info about vit E. maybe I will take that too. Do you think that a prenatal, vit d, vitex, and stress b complex plus E is overkill?

Also question to everyone: does anyone know about the dosing and timing for the whole robitissin deal? I'm considering it, but I just don't know when exactly to take it smile.gif Dahlia I think you were asking about it too just wondering if you got any answers about it.
#296 of 986 Old 01-09-2013, 02:39 PM

Suzie that is fantastic! 🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈
No more TWWing for you! Hope you have good fortune with the midwife, and I'll keep you posted on me (still no idea minor cramping but think that's from my Physio exercises lol!)
Re the hot drinks, surely Chinese green tea or chrysanthemum would be ok? I know in the last few weeks I've been craving a lot of milo - do you guys get that? It's malty yum and although calorific it has iron and good stuff in it... Lol as a fall back you could go with honey and lemon in hot water...

#297 of 986 Old 01-09-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjh5351 View Post
That's great about your BFP suzie!! That quote about vitex makes me feel better too:) I wasn't expecting to have vitex work right away and then the BFP just shocked me which is why I am so sad :/ I am going to keep on with just plain old vitex and see where it goes. My cramps do see a bit better this month than last so I am certainly happy about that. Fingers crossed for next month. Also good info about vit E. maybe I will take that too. Do you think that a prenatal, vit d, vitex, and stress b complex plus E is overkill?
Also question to everyone: does anyone know about the dosing and timing for the whole robitissin deal? I'm considering it, but I just don't know when exactly to take it smile.gif Dahlia I think you were asking about it too just wondering if you got any answers about it.

Thanks jj - I hope that your sadness turns into joy real soon:) Fingers crossed for you big time next cycle! I don't think what you mentioned sounds like overkill at all, but that's just me, I tend to do whatever I can to help things along:D I'm not sure about the b complex... I'd check how much is in your prenatal, how much additional you are taking in the complex and review the recommended dosages... As far as the robitussin deal, not sure if you saw it, but I posted about that yesterday, here's the link to my post: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1371188/january-2013-tww-thread/260#post_17224267

The website I linked to in my post stated the following in their FAQs:

What cycle days should one take guaifenesin?

Just as the dose can vary a bit, so can the days. The article linked above had patients starting the guaifenesin on cycle day 5 - five days after the start of menses. This seems rather early as mucus is not an issue until about five days before ovulation - based on the fact that sperm can only live five days at best, and most pregnancies are the result of intercourse in the five days leading up to ovulation. Because of this information, it is now more common for doctors to suggest starting guaifenesin about five days before expected ovulation and continuing through ovulation day (six days total, for those with regular cycles). For those with irregular cycles, one should start taking guaifenesin about five days before the earliest day ovulation might be expected. For those taking Clomid (clomiphene citrate, Serophene) in a 5-day protocol, one can probably wait until the day after the last Clomid pill before starting the expectorant.

#298 of 986 Old 01-09-2013, 03:05 PM

Ohh ok neat! Robitussin sometimes makes me super sleepy so we will see how this goes! Maybe it will help my allergy congestion too!
#299 of 986 Old 01-09-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuord View Post
Suzie that is fantastic! 🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈
No more TWWing for you! Hope you have good fortune with the midwife, and I'll keep you posted on me (still no idea minor cramping but think that's from my Physio exercises lol!)
Re the hot drinks, surely Chinese green tea or chrysanthemum would be ok? I know in the last few weeks I've been craving a lot of milo - do you guys get that? It's malty yum and although calorific it has iron and good stuff in it... Lol as a fall back you could go with honey and lemon in hot water...

Thanks chuord, please do keep me posted on how you're doing. I feel like it's a little early but I guess I should move on over to a DDC or something but you gals are so cool! I'll miss you!! I'll check in on you guys and will continue to send lots of good vibes your way! goodvibes.gif

Funny thing about the tea isn't it! Red raspberry leaf tea has pros and cons all over the place, but fortunately most of the cons are only during the first trimester. I definitely plan to take it at some point down the road because it is just such a complimentary herb for pregnancy, especially in the 3rd. Peppermint, lemon balm and ginger root apparently all have the green light but of course I don't have any of those on my shelf:( As far as green tea, it's not caffeine free and read that there is some evidence that it may decrease folic acid absorption (yikes). I've not heard of milo, sounds good, I'll have to google it:D Thanks for the tip!

#300 of 986 Old 01-09-2013, 05:38 PM

Wow lots of good info about supplements ladies! The stuff about different teas is so frustrating to me, because I've also heard that green tea can help in productive of ewcm, but if it's inhibiting folic acid absorption.... that's not good. I do like peppermint tea, though, so maybe I'll just switch to that since it's safe, especially since I drink a lot of tea. I went and got fish oil capsules, and vitamin e capsules today, to add to my prenatal routine. Suzie does krill oil have a funky burpy aftertaste? What do you all eat with your vitamins?? I take mine in the morning before leaving for work (early, around 6), and they make me soooo nauseous! What have you found that is quick and easy to eat on the go, that will help the nausea?

Thanks for all the input/advice about my OPKs! I agree with you, jj, I can't trust a calendar to tell me when I'll ovulate. That's why I start using OPKs a week before I expect ovulation :) I'm glad everyone is in agreeance that this mornings OPK was negative. I was pretty upset thinking that I'd missed BDing on Monday, which would have been one of my most fertile days. Dodged a bullet there!

Blonhrt aw I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy blowkiss.gif I hope this month will bring us all bfps! My method is just going to be to have sex for a full week- the days leading up to O, and a few days following. I'm even laying on my back in bed afterwards for 20 mins lol.

Suzie yayy! I'm so happy for you! Feel free to hang out around with us as long as you want :)

jj I totally understand awkwardly crying in the work place. When I went back to work after my miscarriage, one of my employers asked if I was ok (I had told them there was a family emergency) and I totally lost it and told her everything. She was really sweet, but yeah, I felt so awkward! I hope you start feeling better soon

If I missed anyone, I'm sorry! Sending good luck (and baby dust to those of you getting close to O), and lots of hugs to you all!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page