January 2013 TWW Thread - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 06:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jj, Maryland gets very humid in the summer. you get used to it and just learn to accept having frizzy hair from May to August lol

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#362 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 07:18 AM

So much for symptom spotting!  My DD spiked a fever last night.  Her increased nursing was probably due to getting sick.  But... my nipples are still super sensitive so I remain hopeful :-)  'Only' 5 more days until AF is due.

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#363 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Good Morning, Mamas!! So glad to see so many new members.

Becky wave.gifthere!! Super glad to hear you can get busy this month. literally and figuratively winky.gif And yeah for being able to able to take Clomid again. Fx!!

Blonhrt I hear you on the overwhelming desire and strange dreams. I know I am about to O when that's ALL I can think of!! My DH has a hard time keeping up with my drive this time of month.

Dahlia lol.gif Cute shoes!! I too love to distract myself with online shopping. I have so many carts full of lovely things I'd like and many sites. I try not to purchase as much as I browse. I think we may end up being cycle buddies, as I expect to O Monday or Tuesday myself!! Fx for getting our BFPs together very soon. I am completely fantasizing about an October baby!

How are you Katie?

Lots of hugs and good vibesgoodvibes.giffor all of you in the TWW. I'll be joining you soon! fingersx.gif for a roll out of record numbers of BFPs here.

AFM CD 9 and getting lots of watery to EWCM already. OPKs are negative but darkening, getting there! I am hoping the CM and my extreme, er, interest in DTD is a very good sign for our chances this month.  I expect to O early next week, usually happens around CD 11/12. I am really liking the charting of temps and CM with OPKs, not just CM with OPKs. I feel so much more aware. My temp has been really stable since starting and I noticed a slight increase this morning from where I've been. FF puts me at "Most Fertile" today and through the weekend. SO there's those plans for the weekend ROTFLMAO.gifAnd then I have work obligations this afternoon/tonight and DD has a playdate (so excited to grab groceries on my own) today and a birthday party tomorrow. Busy and good things to keep me occupied.

What is everyone else up to this weekend??

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

#364 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 08:41 AM

Good morning ladies and lots of luck to all that have entered the TWW or WTO!!

AFM- I am pretty confident that I O'd on Dec 29th or 30th. I had the EWCM and ovary pain and after that everything dried up. That would make me 14 DPO and I usually only have an 11 day Luteal phase. However, that day would have been an early O for me and FF has AF coming this Tues. (I don't temp, that is just prediction from past cycles). In other words, I can't be 100% on O day. I am symptom spotting like crazy...which makes me a little crazy. I have have had mild aches in my lower abdomen, lower backaches, nausea after eating, *TMI warning* more of the creamy CM/wet feeling, tingly nibbles and OMG I have been so tired which in the past has been my #1 pregnancy symptom. I really am trying to hold off testing until I am late, but I don't know if I should consider myself late now or next Tues...what do you all think?
#365 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlia810 View Post

jj, Maryland gets very humid in the summer. you get used to it and just learn to accept having frizzy hair from May to August lol
Yeah that's how Missouri is smile.gif 90+ temps with 80% humidity all summer! It is cold in Pennsylvania during the summer!
#366 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 11:54 AM

Oh wow jj yeah you're way up north! No wonder you miss warmth!

Sparkle that would be great if we're cycle buddies! I'm getting so impatient for O!

Liv wait it out if you can! Good luck!

AFM I've had a killer headache all day, ugh. Finally starting to feel better, but just really tired. I'll probably take a nap before my husband gets home, so I have enough energy for BDing haha.

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#367 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 12:20 PM

Well I caved...BFN. greensad.gif We'll see what the week holds.
#368 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 12:26 PM

Thinking about temping next cycle just to know for sure on O. I hate getting my hopes up and then seeing that lonely line.
#369 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 12:37 PM

Dahlia- ya super northern! Such a strange place! Maryland seems like it would be a nice place I would totally rather live there than here!

Livn- so sorry about your bfn greensad.gif temping is really popular around here smile.gif I haven't done it yet but I may start eventually!
#370 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 12:48 PM

I'm sorry Liv :( fingers are crossed for you that it's just too early!! I started temping for the same reason- I want to see exactly when I O. I like it so far, because it makes me feel really in tune with my body.

#371 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 12:49 PM

jj I LOVE maryland. I totally recommend living here :)

#372 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 12:52 PM

I tempted when TTC DS and it happened in 3 months. It is amazing how our bodies tell us everything we need to know.
#373 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 01:32 PM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Jj - if you like hot and humid it's 26 (centigrade) here at night... 36 in the day - and about 70% humidity! Lol I'm in Brisbane qld, but Danielle and I are both in a heat wave /bush fire danger that is currently engulfing Aus and new Zealand... The weather is nuts at the moment!
Angel - ouch! Good distraction lol, but am guessing you could do without a sick dd?
Sparkle - you sound all ready for this cycle - awesome! I was hoping for a September baby due to the weather lol... October would be almost as good - but heavily pregnant here in the summer?! I can barely cope outside as it is lol! Wishing you lots of quality swimmers this weekend!
Livn - I think it sounds really positive... But I'm second guessing myself now as I had all those symptoms and still got AF... Maybe I was right and I had an early loss - who knows... Sorry you got a bfn but don't be distressed as its prob too early! Best of both worlds... Here's hoping its a bfp for you!
Dahlia - hugs for the headache, you have all. My sympathy on that xxxx Wishing you heaps of quality swimmers too!
To anyone I missed sending good sticky vibes
Afm - I'm starting to cheer up after both the AF and the cat loss, so annoying to be at my emotional cycle peak when it all happened... So I guess I'm on cd3... Ladies who temp when should I start if planning to? I googled but still unsure... Here's hoping this time is a goer!

me 39, DH 39, one cat.gifno babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now whistling.gif (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.
#374 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 02:24 PM

Chuord- I know what you mean. I hate that early preggo symptoms are so much like AF. I have been trying to tell myself all week that these "symptoms" could be AF, but it is so hard not to think (hope) they are preg symptoms. I didn't test with FMU and it was a $tree test, so we will see what happens. I bought 2 and will probably wait till end of next week to test again...that is if no AF shows up.

Thanks everyone for the nice thoughts. I'll just have to wait it out. Hoping to see some BFPs soon!!!
#375 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 02:27 PM

Chuord- As for temping, when I did it I started when AF started and tempted everyday. Mainly just to stay in the habit. Some on here have said they wait until AF is over. I guess it doesn't matter as long as you have plenty of pre-o days to see a good surge. Fertility Friend.com is a great charting resource and does all the work for u. They also have a great app if you have a smart phone.
#376 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 02:53 PM

Chuord I agree with livn- I have read about it a bit and it seems like you should start as close to AF starting as you can!
#377 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 02:54 PM

Hang in there, Liv!

chuord thanks for the headache hugs :) I haven't had a migraine like this in so long. I wonder if it's hormone related? I'll tell you one thing though, it's definitely NOT putting me in the mood for BDing. My husband won't be home til later, after watching the Raven's game out on the eastern shore then making the almost 2 hr drive home irked.gif hrmph. Not my ideal BDing circumstances.. but hey, neither was doing it at 5 in the morning on friday lol. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. It's just put me into a cranky funk, not a sexy time mood haha. You asked about temping- I started temping this month, on CD5. I would have started on CD1 but I thought you were supposed to start after your period, which was wrong since you can pretty much start anytime before O. Like Liv said, it's about getting a nice feel for your body temps in order to see the change when O comes. I use FertilityFriend on my kindle, which is really handy. It lays it all out for you, and entering all your info (temps, CM, etc) is super easy. I definitely recommend it! As of now I pretty much have no idea what exactly I'm looking for in temp shifts, but I'm learning, and it makes me feel like I have more control.

#378 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 03:06 PM

angelkissedkids I hope your daughters fever is short lived and she's back to her usual happy self ASAP.
sparkle everything sounds like its heading in the perfect direction for a successful cycle! So exciting!
livnkadesmom sorry to hear about your bfn I will keep everything crossed for the coming week and hope you get the outcome you want!
dahlia glad to hear the headache has subsided, that's no fun. Hope you enjoyed your nap before your dh got home! Have fun this evening!
Chuord glad to hear things are starting to ease up in terms of af. I hear you on wanting a sept baby, October will be wonderful though, and fx just In the nick of time before it gets hot again. It's just crazy here right now. Going out in the middle of the day just isn't an option.
AFM - cd14 here and even though the ovulation pain has subsided I'm still having other symptoms, thought it was odd I'd had Ewcm but just not the usual amount, until this morning so more bd'ing just to be sure we catch this little egg.
Sunday morning here, lazy day me thinks. Hope your all enjoying your weekends! Sticky baby dust to all!
#379 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 03:09 PM

Dahlia- I also use FF and once it detects O it will give u a nice read line to show you when you O. There is literally no "figuring" on your part. FF does all the work for u and takes the guessing out of it. You will be really impressed when u see how it works. I love the app!!
#380 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 03:20 PM

Another one here who loves ff!!!!
#381 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 03:26 PM

Thats awesome, liv! I didn't know it would do that.

#382 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 05:02 PM

Oh my gosh! So many new ladies! And so many BFP's!! Congrats!! And welcome all the new ladies!! Mammals to be!!

I've been reading but off the air for two weeks! Only live once, after AF came me and my tequila became friends again! Now back to tea and lots of water!

Afm - According to FF I O'd today. Been a rough week hubby has been supper busy at work. Not as much BDing as usual. Can't wait until his project is finished! DoD matters or a new baby...ugh. Needles to say I've Bbeen stressed and way too emotional. Does anyone experience a bad mood swing (crying and super sensitive) when the estrogen levels rise?
#383 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 05:16 PM

Phew! Can't keep up with you ladies when I am on vacation! LOL. Glad everyone seems to be doing well. I am temping again this cycle, love FF here too. But I am sleeping in the same room with DD and so I'm waking up every time she's making a noise (cannot turn off Mama brain!) so I have yet to get a 3h stretch more than once since AF ended. Its ok, though, I should ov next Friday or Saturday so I still have time to establish a cover line, at least enough to see a rise with ov, I hope.

Speaking of ov, anyone have to deal with creative BDing for TTCing? I am likely going to ovulate Friday or Saturday and I work evenings 2:30-MNish on Thursday and Friday. So annoying! DD naps from 12:30-2:30. Do we just put something long on the TV for DS and hope for the best? He doesn't watch much TV so when he does he really doesn't leave it but somehow it feels funny. Thoughts?

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

Cautiously expecting #3 in November!

****5*joy.gif**10****15****20****25****30****35****40

We are a happy treehugger.gifwinner.jpg asl.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif family!

#384 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnkadesmom View Post

Good morning ladies and lots of luck to all that have entered the TWW or WTO!!

AFM- I am pretty confident that I O'd on Dec 29th or 30th. I had the EWCM and ovary pain and after that everything dried up. That would make me 14 DPO and I usually only have an 11 day Luteal phase. However, that day would have been an early O for me and FF has AF coming this Tues. (I don't temp, that is just prediction from past cycles). In other words, I can't be 100% on O day. I am symptom spotting like crazy...which makes me a little crazy. I have have had mild aches in my lower abdomen, lower backaches, nausea after eating, *TMI warning* more of the creamy CM/wet feeling, tingly nibbles and OMG I have been so tired which in the past has been my #1 pregnancy symptom. I really am trying to hold off testing until I am late, but I don't know if I should consider myself late now or next Tues...what do you all think?

I think you can take an early result HPT no?  :)

namaste.gif

Crunchygreengranola Yogi.  Southernborn, Californiabred.  Livingeatingthinking Consciously.

#385 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnkadesmom View Post

Well I caved...BFN. greensad.gif We'll see what the week holds.

Oooh, so sorry, I hadn't seen this post yet when I previously wrote you.  But has AF come yet?

namaste.gif

Crunchygreengranola Yogi.  Southernborn, Californiabred.  Livingeatingthinking Consciously.

#386 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithijaya Adams View Post

Oooh, so sorry, I hadn't seen this post yet when I previously wrote you.  But has AF come yet?

No, no AF yet. I did not use FMU and hadn't held "it" for very long when I tested, so I guess the HCG could not have been strong enough. I am having all those symptoms, but I guess they could be pending AF. I wish preg symptoms weren't so similar to AF symptoms. greensad.gif Too confusing!!!!
#387 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 06:19 PM

katiecornflakes, I've never tried BDing while my kids are awake but I'd definitely give it a try if it was my only option.  TV or a movie sounds like it would be a good distraction.  I'd also make sure he had a trip to the potty first, snacks and a drink, and anything else I could anticipate he might ask for, and I'd probably want to lock the bedroom door just in case.  Is your DH open to being woken up to DTD when you get home from your evening shift instead?

I have a question about the stats listed in the initial post.  I'm 10DPO tomorrow and I'm trying to talk myself out of POAS but I have some FRERs and I'm wondering if the stats account for using a FRER or is it for all HPTs in general?  My nipple sensitivity is still hanging around (and very noticeable!) and that is definitely not a usual pre-AF symptom for me.  The rest of my symptoms are not as unusual - extra tired, feeling 'in the mood' most evenings (usually I don't feel that way the week before AF is due), bloated, and having a bit of nausea when I go too long without eating.  I'm sure it's all in the head but I just feel pregnant (and I'm sure I'll regret saying that if this month is not our month!).  I don't know what happened to my resolve not to test until AF is late and not to symptom spot this cycle... so easy to be zen about it early in the month; not so easy at 9DPO!

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#388 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 06:30 PM

Good thoughts, Angel. I hadn't thought about setting him up with snacks, etc beforehand! DH would probably stand to be woken up, it's just hard to think about being in the mood when I get home, plus sleep is so limited and if I add in BDing it just makes me more tired!

Totally hear you you about being zen early in the cycle! You can definitely test earlier with FRER. I've read studies where they regularly pick up at hcg levels of 7! But early BFNs are depressing. wink1.gif Your decision of course!

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

Cautiously expecting #3 in November!

****5*joy.gif**10****15****20****25****30****35****40

We are a happy treehugger.gifwinner.jpg asl.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif family!

#389 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 06:49 PM

Dahlia, cute! I bought some boots while visiting family up north and now that I'm home in tropical weather I can't wear them till we get another cold front, lol.

Angel, thanks! I'm thinking positive uterus thoughts! Lol. And I know it's hard to not get your hopes up. Just think, one of these months, hopefully this month, you won't get let down right? So hope away, hahaha. That's what i do every month :/

Danielle I hope you get your early bfp too!

Jjh you would looooove where I live lol.

Have any of you ladies heard about semen containing lh? I read something about it and if you have sex on your period and the lh from semen is absorbed into your bloodstream(which is more likely when there is no uterine lining due to your period) your follicular phase can be brought on sooner. Aka, ovulation could be off/sooner than expected. We dtd today even though I was only spotting from AF ending, but I am hoping it does bring on my follicular phase sooner! Early ovulation means early conception and earlier testing. Just realized I sounded a liiiiiitle looney there. But I am trying it this month, Wth right?!

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

Our Breastfeeding Journey @ www.MotherHoodinEden.com
#390 of 986 Old 01-12-2013, 06:52 PM

Sparkle, I missed that post. I'm glad you can relate with the dreams! I'm sure your DH doesn't mind either wink1.gif

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

Our Breastfeeding Journey @ www.MotherHoodinEden.com

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page