January 2013 TWW Thread - Page 19 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#541 of 986 Old 01-18-2013, 11:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

AF came tonight. That puts me at yet another 26 day cycle, but this time with a 12 day LP instead of the 8 day LP I've been having.  No matter when I O, I always have a 25-26 day cycle (since I started charting 10 months ago). Anyone else have that issue?

Hoping to have a fun weekend and forget all about TTC for a few days!

Crunchy, paleo mama to DS (05/11) and #2 & #3 (!) on the way, due Feb 2014!
#542 of 986 Old 01-19-2013, 05:58 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Amy I'm sorry AF found you. That sounds like really good news that your LP is lengthening! 12 days would definitely be long enough. I know when I first got AF back PP, around 15 months, it was wonky for a very long time, definitely for at least 1 1/2 years, until after I stopped nursing. I wasn't charting or actively TTC so I'm not certain about LP length but I DO know my cycles went from 28 days before pregnancy to 24-26 days PP. I cannot remember how soon it regulated once DD weaned but I recall it was a long time still after that, maybe another year or so. I know that's not much help other than to say, I do think my experience was similar. Have you talked with your health care provider about it? Perhaps some routine bloodwork might be helpful. You can check FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone) on CD 3 to assess ovarian reserve, Thyroid Labs, to look at Thyroid function, and perhaps Progesterone levels, to determine if you are Oing. I can't remember, do you chart? Use OPKs? These would give you clues to when and if you are ovulating. Fx for next month!!

Wildgreen Hoping you did indeed catch the egg. The meds wouldn't eliminate that possibility. Fx!!

Becky SO glad to 'see' you again!! How's the move going? Crazy? nut.gif The packing and rush to get everything done makes me so anxious. hug.gif to you and hoping that all your busyness has been fruitful!!

Livn That is so frustrating! Exciting that DH is also on board with TTC #3!! Fingers still crossed for you smile.gif

Jjh Woo hoo for the alomost + OPK!!! Yeah!! biggrinbounce.gif I've never experimented before but I do find the Wondfos different from my FRER OPKs. You will see lines or a line appear almost immediately with Wondfos, as the urine is wicked up the strip, but you do have to wait 3-5 minutes to read the results as it dries and the background returns to white.

Serenyd Yah for your + OPK!! I totally hear you on the zen now, crazy later. Feeling it myself and knowing it likely won't last wink1.gif

AKK I really do think Hcg levels are wildly variable. Much of it is because of varied days post O for implantation. Some women really don't get a + until well after AF is due, even with a very sensitive test. It's not over until AF arrives fingersx.gif

Katie Thank you again for the input. I had a nice temp rise this morning and a - OPK  (following two days of + OPKs), confirming my suspicion that I most likely O'd yesterday. I'll be able to confirm Monday with two more elevated temps. And the bilateral O pains continued all day yesterday, they felt very sharp and very distinctive, not like referred pains I've ever experienced or heard described. And yes, the thought of twins both terrifies me and sounds strangely appealing, I think that's the only way I'd end up with 3!! With the strong family history of twins, I always assumed I'd have twins (from the time I was a very little girl). When I was pregnant with DD, I was convinced though my second trimester that I had two in there. So excited that we're cycle buddies energy.gif

Dahlia Well it's too late now to weigh in but I would have taken the night off winky.gif Here's hoping all your hard work and efforts pay off!! And I'd probably keep temping through 3 days of temp rise but you should do what feels right for you.

hug2.gif Danielle

wave.gif to everyone else!!

AFM I think I O'd yesterday. My DH was not able to keep up with my libido, planned to and was up for DTD every day this week, but ended up being more like every other closer to O. I'm hoping our efforts are successful. If not, it won't be for lack of trying. With DD, we just DTD a few times around mid cycle, I didn't know about ANY of this back then! And that worked on the first try! Feeling good, relaxed, and quite zen now. Last night I finally felt this relaxation take over. We went out to dinner at my very fav restaurant. I had a small glass of wine with our cheese plate, it just compliments the flavors so well. Hoping it's my last glass of wine for a very long time! Not sure how I might be feeling in a week or two... I do plan to keep temping. Here's to the October DDC, hoping we populate the group with lots of members. Happy Weekend, Mamas!!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

#543 of 986 Old 01-19-2013, 06:33 AM

Hey guys...I know I just joined yesterday. I'm 10 dpo.... took a digital test this morning just for kicks.... turns out I got my first BFP. I surely wasn't expecting it...walked away from the test for a good 5-10 minutes to go take care of the dogs in the house and came back and was in shock. I don't feel ready to deal with this as I had a miscarriage years ago. I just hope I don't have another one :/  Would you wait to tell your family and friends after a certain amount of time??

#544 of 986 Old 01-19-2013, 07:27 AM

joy.gifCongrats, Autumn!! What awesome news. I think that's a very personal choice, when to let friends and family know. Some couples share right away, some wait for their first appointment (perhaps a first ultrasound) and some wait until they enter 2nd trimester. I shared with close family immediately, I was bursting with excitement. I told co-workers and other friends closer the end of first trimester, around 11 weeks. Whatever you decide, enjoy your fabulous news!!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

#545 of 986 Old 01-19-2013, 07:33 AM

Congrats, Autumn!  I can understand your apprehension and anxiety after having had a miscarriage.  I know some women prefer to announce right away so that if there is another loss then they will have extra support from family and friends, and other women prefer not to risk having to announce another loss so they choose to wait at least until the anniversary of their prior loss has passed.  Most miscarriages happen in the first trimester so it seems lots of women wait until the start of the second trimester to announce; I usually opt to do this with acquaintances but I usually tell family earlier, but then again I had not experienced a loss myself.  Wishing you a long, healthy pregnancy!

AFM, I had a bit of spotting overnight.  Not much but it was definitely blood, not just coloured CM.  Brownish red, not bright, thankfully.  I'm feeling a bit crampy today and there has been just a bit more spotting this morning but since I know I have a history of having light periods in early pregnancy and getting late BFPs, I can't help but remain optimistic despite yet another BFN this morning.  This BFN turned into a faint +ve again after 10 minutes, and it was darker than yesterday's invalid +ve so another tidbit of hope.  Last month there was no mistaking when IB turned into AF.  I hope that doesn't happen again this month but if it's going to, I should know by the end of the weekend.  Fx AF stays away!

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#546 of 986 Old 01-19-2013, 08:14 AM

Big hugs, Amy. 

Yay for my cycle buddies!! 

Autumn, congrats! I only tell people I would want to be there for me if I had a loss (which is really a couple of friends and my mom) until the 12 week scan but everyone is different. 

Major cramps last evening at work. Hoping that was ovulation! Didn't get to bed until 1:30 and kiddos woke me up a bunch so I don't know about my temp today. It's about back up to CL from yesterday's dip. I would think all the waking up and short intervals would make my temp higher so that's a little weird. But looking at my chart from when I got pg with DD my temp climbed for the days after ov, it wasn't a big spike. So we'll see. I guess I could still be ovulating today. I hate not being sure since I need to start the progesterone. But I think I'll just start it Monday which will be 2 or 3 DPO, likely 3, which works. 

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

Cautiously expecting #3 in November!

****5*joy.gif**10****15****20****25****30****35****40

We are a happy treehugger.gifwinner.jpg asl.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif family!

#547 of 986 Old 01-19-2013, 09:14 AM

Thanks everyone for the support. I think I will wait till past my miscarriage date to tell family first and then wait till later to open up to other people. It's hard to be thrilled when I don't know if the baby will survive yet. I just can't believe I found out this early. I suspected something was up but I wasn't TTC. 

#548 of 986 Old 01-19-2013, 10:29 AM

Hahaha dahlia and Becky.

LO is making it harder than usual to find the time this month. Hopefully we are dtd at the right time too. O is approaching but it definitely hasn't happened yet.

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

Our Breastfeeding Journey @ www.MotherHoodinEden.com
#549 of 986 Old 01-19-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnLove View Post

Hey guys...I know I just joined yesterday. I'm 10 dpo.... took a digital test this morning just for kicks.... turns out I got my first BFP. I surely wasn't expecting it...walked away from the test for a good 5-10 minutes to go take care of the dogs in the house and came back and was in shock. I don't feel ready to deal with this as I had a miscarriage years ago. I just hope I don't have another one :/  Would you wait to tell your family and friends after a certain amount of time??
I agree with everyone else- it is very personal. For me since I had a false positive or early miscarriage last cycle I think I will wait to tell anyone for my next except my husband! I hope you don't have to worry about that though! Yay!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelKissedKids View Post

Congrats, Autumn!  I can understand your apprehension and anxiety after having had a miscarriage.  I know some women prefer to announce right away so that if there is another loss then they will have extra support from family and friends, and other women prefer not to risk having to announce another loss so they choose to wait at least until the anniversary of their prior loss has passed.  Most miscarriages happen in the first trimester so it seems lots of women wait until the start of the second trimester to announce; I usually opt to do this with acquaintances but I usually tell family earlier, but then again I had not experienced a loss myself.  Wishing you a long, healthy pregnancy!

AFM, I had a bit of spotting overnight.  Not much but it was definitely blood, not just coloured CM.  Brownish red, not bright, thankfully.  I'm feeling a bit crampy today and there has been just a bit more spotting this morning but since I know I have a history of having light periods in early pregnancy and getting late BFPs, I can't help but remain optimistic despite yet another BFN this morning.  This BFN turned into a faint +ve again after 10 minutes, and it was darker than yesterday's invalid +ve so another tidbit of hope.  Last month there was no mistaking when IB turned into AF.  I hope that doesn't happen again this month but if it's going to, I should know by the end of the weekend.  Fx AF stays away!
Keeping you in my thoughts for AF to stay away!!

AFM DH and I have DTD every night lately and I think it has something to do with this vitex because I'm not doing it for TTC technically yet Lol! Tomorrow begins my fertile window and I am anxious to get home and O test to see if this month ill see a true positive. Question for all of you ladies that regularly test- have any of you just relied on wondfos and not bought any other ovulation tests with successful results? I know a lot of people will buy like digital tests too but I just don't feel like spending the money because my husband works on commission and they have been super super slow so spending $50 on tests is just not what I want to use money on now! Thoughts are much appreciated smile.gif
#550 of 986 Old 01-19-2013, 10:59 AM

Jjh I used only Wondfos this month and saw a definite clear + for two days and now it is negative. Cannot say "successful results" yet, as that info won't come in for about another 2 weeks winky.gif But the + OPKs do seem in line with the temping info. Hope that helps!! And I hear you about desire, I have felt overwhelmed by the need to DTD. At first my DH was amused, then like "really, again?!" and now he just looks tired. Fx!!

#551 of 986 Old 01-19-2013, 11:51 AM

jjh - I have just used cheapies too and I think they're fine. Definitely easy to tell when they are positive. GL!

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

#552 of 986 Old 01-19-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkleMaman View Post

Jjh I used only Wondfos this month and saw a definite clear + for two days and now it is negative. Cannot say "successful results" yet, as that info won't come in for about another 2 weeks winky.gif But the + OPKs do seem in line with the temping info. Hope that helps!! And I hear you about desire, I have felt overwhelmed by the need to DTD. At first my DH was amused, then like "really, again?!" and now he just looks tired. Fx!!
Haha men are weird. I haven't been like this before the vitex... So who knows haha!
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecornflakes View Post

jjh - I have just used cheapies too and I think they're fine. Definitely easy to tell when they are positive. GL!
Perfect thank you and sparkle!
#553 of 986 Old 01-19-2013, 02:39 PM

joy.gif:joy:joy:joy:joy:joy

CD21 - BFP!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god! So happy!
First response test with SMU! Dh is out golfing! Will try and post a photo it's light but so definitely there!
#554 of 986 Old 01-19-2013, 02:52 PM

Can you see it??? joy.gif

#555 of 986 Old 01-19-2013, 03:23 PM

Congrats! CD21 wow you found out quick!

#556 of 986 Old 01-19-2013, 03:24 PM

OMG Danielle, I TOTALLY see it!!!

carrot.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifCongratulations!!!banana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#557 of 986 Old 01-19-2013, 03:27 PM

DanielleNZ: I see it!! Congratulations!!

AutumnLove: Congratulations to you, too!

Me (33), DH (35) and DD1 (3) conceived naturally after 6 months. After TTC#2 for 15 months, finally got a pos.gif on my second cycle of Clomid, DD2 born Sept, 2013. Can I convince my DH it's a great idea to have another one?
#558 of 986 Old 01-19-2013, 03:33 PM

Thanks ladies! Is it odd I feel a little shocked? Maybe that's just the excitement? Hehe. Want to wait a wee while before telling dh, he already knows I think I could be pregnant based on the extreme tiredness and odd symptoms like chocolate tasting funny :-( but not sure i can keep it a secret for very long! A tiny wee baby due October 7th!
#559 of 986 Old 01-19-2013, 03:49 PM

Congrats, Danielle!!!! How many DPO? How will you tell DH? energy.gifluxlove.gifpartytime.gif

#560 of 986 Old 01-19-2013, 03:59 PM

Hi Katie, 11Dpo here. But my body has tell tale signs when I am pregnant, for the past two mornings when nursing ds2 I get intense pain when he latches which is exactly what I had with his pregnancy and feeding ds1 so being terribly impatient we went and bought tests. I think dh and I had plans to go out to dinner this week anyway, I might pop a test in a wee box and give it to him after dinner ( once the wee line gets a bit darker ) :-)
#561 of 986 Old 01-19-2013, 04:56 PM

Great news! I'm sure he'll love his gift. joy.gif

#562 of 986 Old 01-19-2013, 07:51 PM

Wow, Danielle, congrats!!! I'm so happy for you!  Send some babydust this way :-)

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#563 of 986 Old 01-19-2013, 09:35 PM

Congrats Danielle!!! 

I just told the Dad-to-be a couple hours ago by putting all 4 pregnancy test in a box and as he opened it up, the biggest grin came across his face.... best thing in the world. 

I haven't really had any other symptoms show up today...just feeling like AF is coming...no nausea, change in smells, frequent urination, or sore boobs... It's strange. 

#564 of 986 Old 01-19-2013, 10:34 PM

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Hi all! Just a quick catch up - I'm trying to spend time having a life this pre O time - lol instead of reading posts hours a day!
It all sounds so positive and exciting - good luck tww ladies, happy swimmers to those ovulating... Lol and patient waiting to those like me in the waiting to O group!
Danielle & autumn Congratulations! 🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉
Danielle - it was looking good for you from the start lol - you had that vibe going... Can't wait to see when you have a brighter test 😃 although I agree it's definitely positive!
Hugs all xxx

me 39, DH 39, one no babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties in waiting. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July... Waiting
#565 of 986 Old 01-20-2013, 12:21 AM

Thank you all for the congratulatory messages! It's so exciting! I hope nobody minds if I stick around here for awhile?!
Very early days and your support is so wonderful!
All the very best to everyone waiting at which ever stage of the game you are in! Loads of baby dust to everyone!
Still trying to figure out the cutest way to tell dh. This exhaustion is intense though I have to say. Napping is essential! Thinking of all you lovely ladies! :-)
#566 of 986 Old 01-20-2013, 03:44 AM

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Huge hugs... And I hope you do stay around for a bit 😃

me 39, DH 39, one no babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties in waiting. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July... Waiting
#567 of 986 Old 01-20-2013, 05:17 AM

YAY DANIELLE!! congrats! definitely hang out here for as long as you like smile.gif

hope everyone's feeling good, and staying positive smile.gif fx for tons of October babies!

I'm only 4 dpo, so I know it's way too early to read into anything, but this morning I had TONS of creamy cm when I went to the bathroom to pee. like an absurd amount. this is gross, but it was pretty much falling out when I went to wipe. I wouldn't bat an eye at creamy cm normally, since it's on par to where I am in my cycle in relation to ovulation, but I have never had that amount of it in my entire life. just strange! although last month I had dull cramps from 4 or 5 dpo, and did turn out to be pregnant. if that's the case this time, I hope it sticks. so anxious!

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#568 of 986 Old 01-20-2013, 05:33 AM

Dahlia That sounds like a really good sign!! I am SO hopeful. I have such a good feeling about October babies!! I have two days of elevated temps so I am pretty comfortable saying the pattern indicates 2 DPO. I am also feeling worried and anxious, wishing I'd been able to be as busy as you were wink1.gif It is what it is and I am still feeling really good about our chances. You're waiting until AF is late to test, right? I 'm not sure I can be that strong. I'm hoping to hold out longer than last month. Fx!!

#569 of 986 Old 01-20-2013, 05:38 AM

I'm going to hold off on testing for as long as I possibly can.. if I were to have another early loss it would break my heart all over again, and I'd rather not deal with that sadness again. not to say that I won't be symptom spotting like mad though lol. I didn't intend to read into anything, especially this early, but my cm is so out of my norm.

I have a good feeling for you this month smile.gif I bet you got enough bding in to catch the egg.

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#570 of 986 Old 01-20-2013, 05:56 AM

Dahlia I can definitely understand that. And the early testing does just add to the craziness and obsessing too. I just don't seem to be able to stop the symptom spotting, despite my best efforts, once I hit the second week of the TWW. I will try to hold out on testing as long as I can in solidarity!! I too have a really good feeling about this month, much more so than last month when I also felt pretty good. I keep reminding myself it only takes one sperm to get the job done. Each ejaculation has hundreds of millions and it takes only 1!!  I know it's magical thinking but I got my first and only + when I found out I was pregnant for DD was on January 29. I am really looking forward to 1/29 and hoping it brings me the same great news. And I have a great feeling about your chances, Dahlia!!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page