January 2013 TWW Thread - Page 22 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-23-2013, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks Dahlia! It's just very unlike me to be nauseous. I so want to think maybe but seems not possible realistically. I'm in central NY. We won't see temps above 0 today. And it's windy. Brrrr. Fx!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's getting cold here too! A whopping 70 degrees Lol.

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

Our Breastfeeding Journey @ www.MotherHoodinEden.com
Old 01-23-2013, 11:11 AM

Sparkle, that sounds promising!! We used to be in Western NY until recently. I don't miss the winter there!

Blonjrt - Wow! That sounds nice! Where are you?

Tired today, too. Just 4 DPO so trying not to think about it. Temps are high but I think I'll stop taking them now that I've confirmed ov. I know the progesterone is going to keep my temps high anyhow. Just need to be patient!

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

Cautiously expecting #3 in November!

****5*joy.gif**10****15****20****25****30****35****40

We are a happy treehugger.gifwinner.jpg asl.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif family!

Old 01-23-2013, 12:25 PM

Sparkle, that sounds promising!!! I'm experiencing periods of nausea and smell sensitivity too. And, as of yesterday, intense hunger. I ate supper, had a snack, bathed the kids, told DH I needed to eat or I was gonna puke, had a snack, put the kids to bed, had another snack...This morning I was driving past Tim Hortons and suddenly decided I NEEDED a bagel with cream cheese and an Iced Cappucino...this was after breakfast, mind you, and I usually never eat out :) I'm sure it's all progesterone, but it sure is messing with me...ANND it's super-duper cold here too. My car thermometer was reading -27C, and with the wind chill they were saying it was -40C.  cold.gif

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
Old 01-23-2013, 01:26 PM

Sounds like there are lots of positive things going on around here! Welcome to all the new ladies ttc! :-)
Crazy crazy hot down here at the moment, heading off to the zoo this morning with my boys and a friend. Feeling pretty ok, have had a wee bit of nausea in the past few days and lots of cramps twinges, which I hope is this little one getting nice and comfortable in there. Only CD25 still. So still waiting to see a super dark line on a test. They are getting darker as the days go on, on to super cheap tests now which aren't as sensitive. Will use my last FRER test on cd30. Feeling quietly optimistic, but still very nervous. Hopefully once I contact my midwife we can book in for an early ultrasound scan. Baby dust to all :-)
Old 01-23-2013, 01:32 PM

That's fantastic! Congrats, Danielle!

Your comment about it being CD 25 for you made me go and check what day I'm at...I'm at CD 26...AF is due this Sat...Woohoo, I thought I had another week left to wait! Yippee!!! Can't wait to test Sat morning :)

Old 01-23-2013, 01:35 PM

Lida - how many DPO are you now?

Danielle - Seems crazy it's hot there! Hope you have fun at the zoo. Lots of sticky vibes!

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

Old 01-23-2013, 01:36 PM

Miami beach!

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

Old 01-23-2013, 01:36 PM

Btw, if we had sex less than 5 days ago, think a sperm will be waiting if I ovulated yesterday? My LO has been really needy and we haven't been able to dtd nearly as much as we hoped. Kinda bummed out about that...

Old 01-23-2013, 01:42 PM

Don't lose hope! There could definitely be some swimmers in there! FX for you. Miami sounds nice right now!

Old 01-23-2013, 01:43 PM

ok blonhrt, I'm officially jealous of your weather!

Danielle, stay positive smile.gif sending you good luck!

sparkle, not much better here, ugh! I'm not a fan of winter!

afm I'm fighting to stay awake at work, I'm totally exhausted! uggh I just want to sleep for days.

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
Old 01-23-2013, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 356 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Lol Dahlia, Lidamama - seems your potential 'signs' are almost too intense to ignore! I have a good feeling... Btw if you want warm weather I'll swap - every day here is between 29-33 centigrade.
Katie - good luck with the patient tww
Danielle - yay they are getting darker! Have you guys had bush fires? Or is it just the 'mainland' and Tassie,.. It's been a rotten summer, its meant to be our wet time and it's dry!
Blonhrt - I agree with Katie hold the faith! I had my first early loss (cd40) with next to no swimmers, so there's hope
Hi everyone else - on phone so hard to check..

Afm still days out from O, lost my 95yo grandma yesterday in uk. Surreal, plus other bad news (not my family thankfully)... So determined to live to the fullest
Lol I need to be pregnant before I lose my bravery 😜 (terrified of childbirth here)
Hugs a round, enjoy every precious second

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
Old 01-23-2013, 03:41 PM

Thanks Dahlia Katie corn flakes sparkle mama appreciate the sticky vibes hoping they work! I think I am 13 dpo but not sure because I had that nasty coldandno cm to check.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:39 PM

Ugh I just wrote a full page to all the regulars and just lost it!! POOoOoooooo
Old 01-23-2013, 05:43 PM

AKK- woho!!

Dahlia and sparkle - I'm rooting for you!!

Afm - I'm 11 dpo and no real symptoms. I tested a few days ago and nada. My boobs have been unusually sore but I'm not getting my hopes up. I swore I wouldn't get my hopes up this month hence me being offline. I have tried to keep up with everyone's posts! You all are busy ladies!! :-) AF should come by sat or Sunday.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Congratulations to all the BFP's!  Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!  joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:51 PM

lidamama84 yay Saturday is not far at all! Lots of baby dust to you!!!!! Fx for a positive result.

katie I'm the same, on the news there was some footage of the u.s filled with snow and everyone wearing huge coats, which right now in this heat is definitely a no go, today I'm only in a singlet and shorts. And at night we're sleeping with no blankets it's so humid.

blonhrt everything crossed for you that a little swimmer is waiting to me your precious egg! *hugs*

Dahlia how are you doing? I hear you on being excessively tired its insane I can barely make it through the afternoon without needing to lay down at least for 30mins. Thanks for the positive wishes. I am trying to tell myself that every pregnancy is different, with ds1 I didn't find out until 10wks because I'd had spotting which i assumed was my period and only extreme tiredness as symptoms. Whereas with ds2 I had some nausea too, nothing too bad but it was there. This time I've had a tiny bit of nausea but mainly just being tired and the breast tenderness.

Chuord i am so sorry you've lost your grandmother! its never any easier even if they are such a wonderful age. we have had bush fires here in nz, some in the South Island which have been quite bad nada few out in the hauraki gulf ( a bunch of islands off the main centre of Auckland - where I live) they've been bad, but not as bad as you lovelys in aus. Don't be terrified of childbirth, it's pretty magical. And you will be so proud of yourself after all the hard work! :-)

wildgreen congratulations!!!! All the very best for the next 9months!

AFM- the zoo was ok, hot as a hot thing, and most of the animals were either in their shelters sleeping or hardly visible. Except for the elephant who was the boys highlight of the trip, giving herself a sand bath and eating bamboo.
Absolutely shattered now, was up working on the blanket I've just started for baby. And then ds2 was up too and of course he's grumpy and tired now poor blossom. But napping now is out of the question, for both of us :-(
Old 01-23-2013, 06:21 PM

thanks katie! hoping for swimmerrrrrrrrrrs. also hoping to get ds in bed early tonight ;) My nausea today is confirming ovulation, lol. 

Chuord, Dahlia and Danielle, thanks for the fingers crossed, hopefully I'll find out in two weeks if this worked!

I don't know what is going on but the tired bug must be going around because I have been exhausted as well. LO and I slept in until 10am and I'm already getting tired again!

Old 01-23-2013, 07:32 PM

Chuord Sorry about your grandma and friends greensad.gif. And, soo jealous of your hot weather, lol! I could live in the heat 365! It's so cold here it's very painful to do simple things because after a few seconds you can't feel your fingers and my legs were numb walking 3 blocks from my car to work greensad.gif. Glad u have a good feeling cause I figured I'd take a cheapie test tonight and, of course, bfn. Serves me right!

Katie, I figure I'm probably about 9 or 10 DPO...not even 100% sure I O'd, though...

Old 01-23-2013, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

chourd, I'm sorry about losing your grandmother, no matter her age.

wildgreen, CONGRATS!!!

Everyone else, I feel like this thread is uber positive and I'm sure there will be lots more BFPs to come this month.  I can't wait to hear all your good news very soon!!!

AFM, my bleeding has finally stopped.  4 days in total; 2 days of brownish blood with cramping followed by 2 days of bright red blood with no cramping.  As of this morning my cervix is still firmly closed so I'm trying to remain positive.  Last pregnancy I bleed for 5 days so I figure 4 days this time around is an improvement!  I had my betas drawn on Tuesday and will repeat them tomorrow; I won't likely know the results until Monday, sigh.  I will continue to POAS until then and check my cervix each morning for reassurance.  I feel pregnant still, VERY tired, and starting to have that feel nauseous / eat something to stop it / feel nauseous again pattern but it's very mild so far.  Only a pregnant woman would wish for stronger feelings of nausea!  Thanks for the congrats everyone and please keep sending positive, sticky thoughts my way!!!  And I'm certainly hoping to blow some of my babydust luck your way :-)

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
Old 01-24-2013, 02:43 AM

Well I'm actually posting on the computer lol - hopefully less spelling mistakes!

Angel, Lidamama and Danielle (my sisters name by the way) - thank you for the condolences smile.gif the support on here is always wonderful, whatever the reason! I am at peace with it, just seemed sudden.

Lidamama - lol I will still swap you nut.gif, I love the cool weather, Norway in winter was fine, I love to ski. Here is the reverse of yours; so hot that after two breaths in it you are desperate for AC LOL! Winter here is wonderful though minimum of 17 centigrade during the day, barely cold enough for a jumper (sweater) Btw I still have a positive feeling about you this month... guess we will just have to wait and see - or untill you break and POAS again!

Danielle - I'm so impressed that you felt up to the zoo while in this tired phase that seems to be catching - maybe my DH is pregnant, he has a nap after dinner every night lol! I know you've had positive HPT, but when is your end of cycle actually due? When will you be off to the gp to get tested? Living vicariously here.

Angel - Yay for less bleeding! Keep us posted on how the betas are (when you eventually get them), I think yours is an extra emotional roller coaster with the not knowing if its AF or just bleeding when first pregnant - you have my sympathy!

Cindy - Bummer on the post loss - its happened to me before to irked.gif

wildgreen - good luck

everyone else - hi there and lots of baby dust! dust.gif

AFM absolutely nothing new lol - probably a good thing! winky.gif

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
Old 01-24-2013, 03:53 AM

chuord, haha, I decided to poas this morning with fmu, to see if I could get a squinter. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Actually, my last two pregnancies I tested well after ad was due (I hadn't heard of Internet cheapness back then, lol!), and I still only got a faint positive. The only reason That I'm not content to wait and see is because around here, in order to get a midwife, you pretty much have to call as your test is turning positive, and I want to make sure that I get the same midwives I had last time around orngbiggrin.gif btw, I've always wanted to go to Australia. Were you born there?

Darn iPad keeps autocorrecting my spelling! It doesn't know TTC slang, but it's learning....sloooowly....

Old 01-24-2013, 06:54 AM

YEAY angel smile.gif

Man lid mama, maybe call a midwife and schedule with her and just keep if you get your bfp! Why is it so hard? Just not that many in the area?

Old 01-24-2013, 08:22 AM

Chourd I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you have lots of support to help you through the rough time. hug2.gif

Lidamama Fx it is just too early!!

wave.gif and hug.gifCindy-Lu!! Sending lots of goodvibes.gifto you too!

So I woke up to -15 F temps this morning. My car wouldn't start irked.gif and I ended up getting to work late angry.gif Good news is I had guest speakers scheduled so my students were in good hands and though I feel all discombobulated, the class went smoothly. Still feeling really queasy and a bit lightheaded. It is just so not like me. My CM is more watery today, still opaque and white,  and another temp rise this morning (following yesterday"s dip). This is SO hard not to read into!!! I've tried my best, even convinced myself last night I could not possibly be nauseous, but it keeps coming in waves. Food or hard candies help but only for a short time. And I almost got sick this morning when I smelled diesel fuel exhaust (a smell I never like but doesn't ever send me running to a toilet!). It is unlike any illness I've had and so like the mild morning sickness I experienced with DD. It just seems unreasonable to happen at 5 and 6 DPO. Any chart readers who'd like to share thoughts? http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/41c7dc Is that typical for temps to rise so high? This is my first month charting so nothing to compare to.

Lots of dust.gif to everyone!!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

Old 01-24-2013, 08:52 AM

Dahlia - Exhaustion sounds promising!!

Chuord - Hugs about your grandma. So sorry. Don't be afraid of childbirth. It's intense but amazing and all your hard work has such a great reward! When do you think ov is coming?

Cindy - FX for you!!

Danielle - Glad you had a good outing and hoping that bean is getting nice and snuggly in there! Hopefully we will all join you in the Oct DDC soon!

AKK - Yay for the bleeding stopping. Can't wait to hear your betas!

Lida - Hugs on the BFN. Crazy about how hard it is to get in with your MWs!!

Sparkle - Sounds promising! Your chart looks great! Hard to read too much into it this early in the 2WW but it is possible to have an implantation dip as early as 5 DPO and maybe that was yesterday's temp! FX. I have a friend who swears she has smell sensitivity when she's pg before implantation. Who knows? Hoping for you!!

AFM - 5 DPO and trying to just stay relaxed. So far, so good. I stopped temping today since I know my temps will be up with the progesterone but it doesn't really mean anything, yk? Still no other symptoms but I know it's early. I keep reminding myself that we did everything we could possibly do this cycle and what will be, will be. We'll see. Just a week and a half left. I can make it! 

Old 01-24-2013, 11:43 AM

We are actually lucky enough to have 3 midwifery practices in our city, but they fill up quickly with the high demand :)

Old 01-24-2013, 12:09 PM

Lida, does it not matter that you're an established patient?

Old 01-24-2013, 12:50 PM

Blonhrt so incredibly envious of you and your LO sleeping in until 10am, that is sadly unheard of in my house

lida I agree with what the other ladies have said, make an appt while you wait for your BFP to be confirmed and cancel if necessary! HUGE FINGERS CROSSED ITS NEEDED :-)

Akk Really pleased to hear your bleeding has eased, that must give you some peace of mind! :-) take it easy if you can! Lots of sticky baby dust to you!

Chuord hahahahaha maybe your dh is pregnant, must be highly contagious if it jumped the ditch! :-) I am always quite partial to any extra sleep I can get. Now more than ever though. CD26 today my monthly has been a bit irregular in the last few months, but usually af would show on day 28 which is Sunday so will wait until Tuesday to contact my gp. And or midwife. Gosh exciting.

Sparkle gah don't you just hate it when your car won't start when you need it too, pleased your class ran smoothly though. The nausea sounds promising! How long until you will poas? Sending lots of sticky sticky baby vibes to you!

Katie you are sounding really positive Katie, totally the best way to approach it. Stay nice and busy :-) but remember to rest! Will you test early or wait for af to be late. I can't wait to see all of us join the October ddc!

AFM- doing well, but the nervousness has set in..... I still have the breast sensitivity, and the tiredness and the amazing sense of smell but no nausea! (Hope it didn't jinx it) tests are getting darker each morning which is a good sign. But I really really want to make sure this little button is growing ok and settling in for the next nine months. Also nervous to go get betas done though :-( you just can't win can you! I just have to keep looking at the tests and telling myself that I'm listening to my body, resting when I can, and caring for it the best I can.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:51 PM

Danielle I agree. Indeed, you can't win! I too worry, lots. I am so hopeful that the nausea is a good sign and not in my head. I am only 6 DPO, CD 21. It just seems too early! Trying to stay peaceful and calm. I plan to test Tuesday, January 29. I'll be 11 DPO. That's the date I found out I was pregnant for DD on so it feels rather lucky.

Thanks for taking a look at my chart again Katie! Also hoping for a big crowd moving to the October DDC from this thread!! Feeling really good about it.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:24 PM

ladies - thank you for all the warm fuzzies, I'm much better today.
Lidamama - lol I have the same problem with my phone! I do knew you would POAS lol, sounds to me you are the sort that needs longer to get a + I think I am too, which makes it frustrating - cos patience is sooo boring lol!
Yes I was born here but my parents are from the uk... Generally speaking we have it good down here, plenty of space compared to people (having said that I live in a city of 3M) all the same facilities and technology you'd expect in uk or usa... But without being in the world's eye so to speak. Visiting is a good idea, just the exchange rate is not in your favour at present. I agree with the s - just book the midwife, you'll know for sure within a week.
Sparkle - it my first month charting too, but I think it looks good. Re symptoms I think it's possible to feel them already just depends on your system.... Here's to bfp really soon!
Katie - I'm also impressed about the calmness! Well done you, let's hope you can keep it up 😜
Blonhrt - hoping things are 'wirking' for you! Miami, so you would have similar temps to us right? (brisbane, gold coast)
Danielle - i 'm sure you are doing everything, if its a sticky one it really shouldn't matter - think of the crazy things people do before they know and the babies are normal. Hugs!
Everyone else big hugs and fx

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List