January 2013 TWW Thread - Page 23 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#661 of 986 Old 01-24-2013, 04:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies smile.gif I've been bad about keeping up with posting! I'll do my best now haha

Danielle, I totally understand the nervousness! I wish there were an easy cure. I'm sure everything is alright, try to relax smile.gif when are you getting a beta?

Chuord, I'm sorry to hear you're going through a tough time *hugs* glad you're doing ok though smile.gif

Sparkle, I think anything can happen in terms of when we all feel symptoms. My fingers are crossed for you!!!

Katie, yay for feeling calm! Keep it up smile.gif I hope your tww goes quickly and ends in a bfp for you!!

Lida, good luck with everything!!

Akk, I agree it's so funny that we all wish for these uncomfortable symptoms! So absurd lol. Good luck on your betas! Fingers crossed for nice numbers smile.gif

Cindy lu, good luck!!

Afm, I'm 8 dpo and actually find that I'm not letting myself get excited this time. I'm scared of another loss :/ it's confusing because every time I get a surge of excitement I realize I shoot it down. I just wish this wasn't so draining, you know? That being said, I'm still hopeful! I am still having wayyy more cm than is normal for me, and have dull achey cramps. I have noticed some of the stabby vag pains lol, which some of you might remember from last month's bfp with me and mamamash haha. I'm just not letting it go to my head. Staying pretty calm so far!

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#662 of 986 Old 01-24-2013, 05:35 PM

Chuord, yes similar temps. I'm glad to hear your doing better smile.gif

Sparkle, I don't think it's ever too early for symptoms, it depends on the woman. Sounds like you get a bfp early on so early symptoms should be expected! Fingers crossed for you!

Danielle, don't be jealous. My neighbors had a party last night and I got a whopping 3 hours of sleep. I can't wait for today to be over and our lease to be up. I'm so ready to move away from these apes.

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

Our Breastfeeding Journey @ www.MotherHoodinEden.com
#663 of 986 Old 01-24-2013, 05:35 PM

Lidamama - GL testing! 

AKK - Hope your beta looks good on Monday! Keep us posted. 
Wildgreen - congrats on the BFP! 

So just figured out that I've been using my BBT thermometer wrong. Shame on me for finally getting around to reading the instructions. Apparently jerking it out of my mouth at the first beep is NOT what I'm supposed to do, that just signals that the thermometer is the in the correct position, and I need to wait for a series of beeps close to together to confirm that it is indeed, finished taking my temperature. So all the temping I did this month and last month - just a waste of time. Explains why my temps were so low though. I am hoping now that I'm starting to get the hang of reading OPKs and temping, that I will be preg and won't need it anymore! Maybe the knowledge I've gained will be useful to me later on, and I will get a chance to help another mother with it. About 7 dpo here, starting to get impatient, and will be hard to wait until next Friday to test, but I really doubt I'll get a positive before then, if I am pregnant, because I've never had much luck with early testing. I'm going to do everything I can to hold out for next Friday, so hope this is our month, ladies! GL! smile.gif

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#664 of 986 Old 01-24-2013, 05:36 PM

Dahlia, I'm glad your staying calm! And yes, I remember stabby vagina pains, hahahah

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

#665 of 986 Old 01-24-2013, 05:40 PM

@Dalia - wow I wish I had stabby vag pains. Something I've never had before. A sign for sure! I noticed I was having a few low back cramps today, but that may have just been from doing too much housework! 

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#666 of 986 Old 01-24-2013, 06:03 PM

Speaking of doing too much housework - not that my house is spotless or anything - I just gave my son on the computer a dirty look and asked him what time it was, and he was like, "7:45!" I was sure it was after 9 (his bedtime). Is 8 am too early to call it a night? I'm so ready. *YAWN*

#667 of 986 Old 01-24-2013, 06:09 PM

Serenyd, I'm with ya! I'm beat! Although it is 9 here haha.

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#668 of 986 Old 01-24-2013, 06:25 PM

Dahlia such huge hugs to you Hun, I experienced a loss before my second son and it was so emotionally draining. I thankfully became pregnant with ds2 the following month. Really hoping this month is it for you and your precious little egg! Yay for stabby vagina pains :-)
Thinking early next week I will organise betas :-) public holiday Monday so looking like Tuesday at this point. Eek.

serenyd why they make the electronic thermometer's take so long I'm not sure, easy mistake Hun. And best you figured it out now. Waiting to test is hard so I sympathise. Are early betas an option?

blonhrt oh I'm sorry to hear you got practically no sleep last night, I intensely dislike inconsiderate neighbours we're having trouble with two of ours at the moment, one whose dog barks like a crazy thing while we're putting the boys to bed and the other who starts his lawn mower at like 9pm at night. I really think some people just don't think. How long until you move?

AFM - just woke up from an hour and a halves worth of nap with my wee guy, and I feel ok now, a little more functional. We're headed to my mil's tonight for dinner, she's a midwife so it's very hard to hide a pregnancy from her. So will spend most of the time hoping dh can help me out of any awkward situations, like "oh no thanks no wine for me thanks! Fx it goes well! I better get moving dh is home in an hour and I've done nothing today... Oops hehe :-)
#669 of 986 Old 01-24-2013, 11:10 PM

@dahlia, I had stabby vagina pains earlier this week too! Didn't know it could mean anything, lol! Re: not wanting to let yourself get excited...I know it's hard not to want to protect your heart, but you will always have time to mourn a loss, so maybe you can try to feel the excitement of "I'm pregnant right now", even if you know it might not last. Sorry if this isn't helpful, but I have found that living in fear of death (in my case of my live children), takes away from our quality of life...

@chuord: yeah, I like that "out of the way" feeling where I live too. Even though we are in Canada's capital, there's only about 1M people living here, and we definitely don't have the terrible traffic like bigger cities, but we still have lots of big-city amenities.

Hi everyone else!

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
#670 of 986 Old 01-25-2013, 05:39 AM

Happy Friday everyone! I guess it's almost Saturday for you, Danielle?

Thanks for your kindness guys. I'm just in a funk I guess. I feel pretty symptom free today other than still having lots of the creamy cm. I'm tired but I think that's probably just from this being a long week.

Lida- good point about trying to live in the moment smile.gif feeling this way really snuck up on me. I don't really feel pregnant right now, so I'm disappointed even though I don't know for sure.

Danielle- thanks for the bfp wishes for me! I'm sorry about your loss as well.. it's never easy. Good luck on your betas!!

Afm, just hoping for a bfp even though my body is being pretty quiet.

#671 of 986 Old 01-25-2013, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlia810 View Post

I'm disappointed even though I don't know for sure.

I've totally been there, Dahlia. Hugs. Hoping your body just isn't quite there yet, that or you're about to have a super easy pregnancy! ;)

Hugs all around. Hope everyone can enjoy their Friday. It's super cold and rainy here and I'm headed to work in a bit. Music Together with my girl first, though, so at least I get to do that to brighten my day! Lots of CM here, too, but who knows if that's just the progesterone. The waiting continues! irked.gif

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

Cautiously expecting #3 in November!

****5*joy.gif**10****15****20****25****30****35****40

We are a happy treehugger.gifwinner.jpg asl.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif family!

#672 of 986 Old 01-25-2013, 06:32 AM

And of course every time I say I don't feel anything, I get the dull cramps or a surge of cm, or a random vag stab. Lol.

#673 of 986 Old 01-25-2013, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Dahlia lol.gif I know what you mean! I think not feeling much is actually promising as well. I know I didn't notice anything amiss before I found out I was pregnant with DD. My only sign was implantation bleeding ~8 DPO, but I thought it was pre-AF spotting and had NO idea what IB was until after my BFN. I only understood that in retrospect. I had NO symptoms.

Katie The Music Together sounds so fun!! A mom of one of DD's classmates teaches those classes around here. Good luck staying warm and distracted!

Danielle That nap sounds heavenly!!

Blonhrt Thanks!! I sure hope so!! Just to clarify, my BFN with DD wasn't at 11 DPO but on a January 29, hence lucky smile.gif I am actually unsure what DPO I was, I wasn't charting and was SO clueless! It was the day after AF should have arrived. I thought I had to wait that long to test (Ha!).

Serenyd That's so frustrating!! I too hope all your new knowledge will be unnecessary winky.gif

AFM Continuing to feel lots of waves of nausea, still snacking (Late July Saltines are awesome) and sucking on hard candies (Yeah for Yummy Earth Organics!) with mixed success. I've noticed some definite uterine twinges and some cramps today as well. I'm 7 DPO. My CM seems to have lessened in amount a bit this morning. Overall I am feeling pretty good but I am losing my zen all together ladies. Consumed with thoughts of POAS!! And I should know better nono.gif

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

#674 of 986 Old 01-25-2013, 10:36 AM

Sparkle, what you said kind of confirms what I've been trying to tell myself- that just because I'm not having the almost constant dull cramps like I did last month, it doesn't mean I'm not pregnant. Maybe cramping that frequently wasn't a good sign for me? Who knows. If you can't tell, I've pretty much lost my Zen too. I'm 9 dpo, and I may poas this weekend, against my better judgement, lol.

#675 of 986 Old 01-25-2013, 10:48 AM

Danielle, April is our moving month! It can't come soon enough.

So I have a huge problem that's taking my mind off ttc for a while...I couldn't sleep last night because my head itched so bad, I thought i had eczema or something. It occurred to me this morning, I might have lice. I checked with a fine tooth comb, well enough, a bug came out. So this morning I've spent the day doing all the linens, cleaning everything. Treating and combing my hair. Luckily my 20 month old doesnt have any, neither does DH.

How is it these things happen to me, lol. N one I know has it, I mean wtf? Did a random lice fall out of a friggin tree or something?

I've never delt with this before as an adult. I had lice like 3 times in one month when I was really little, before my sister was even born and all I can remember is my mom combing them out and washing my hair. Is it normal to only find about 4 bugs? I feel totally better after using the shampoo, no itching anymore, but I'm worried there's more I didn't get out. I'm having nightmares of infestations.

#676 of 986 Old 01-25-2013, 10:59 AM

Oh Blonhrt, what a pain! It us not uncommon to only see a few but you'll need to retreat in 7-9 days to be sure you got all the eggs. And be sure to comb carefully to remove as many bugs and eggs as possible. I'd watch everyone in your house on a daily basis for signs as well. Washing bedding and bagging items that cannot be washed and dryed on high heat is also a good idea. I'm so sorry!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

#677 of 986 Old 01-25-2013, 11:30 AM

I'm sorry to hear that blonhrt! No fun at all greensad.gif I hope it clears up quickly!!

#678 of 986 Old 01-25-2013, 11:58 AM

Ok...thanks for tips sparkle.i have already done all that and I can't wait for the next time I can shampoo. I'm usually such a natural style person/mother but when I saw a lice I called my husband and was like "bring on the chemicals". He laughed at me...

I wish I felt comfortable using a more natural route but I just want the strongest and best option out there and I want my hair and scalp back.

Ugh dahlia, it's so gross lol, no fun at ALL.

#679 of 986 Old 01-25-2013, 12:17 PM

Dahlia it's almost 9am Saturday morning here :-) another clear and sunny day! This ttc business is really rough emotionally, the waiting is hard, I'm not sure I'll feel "safe" until I see this little buttons beating little heart. I found pampering myself seemed to help lift my spirits while I waited to poas. Knitting is also helping me get through the worry. I swear men get it so much easier, there's nothing I can think of that they go through which is as stressful as ttc. For me being out of control seriously screws with me. I guess it comes down to having faith in your body and the universe. Sending you lots of positive thoughts! :-)

Katie hope you manage to stay distracted from the cold! And enjoy music with your children :-) sounds like a nice way to end the week. How many days dpo are you?

Sparkle hugs! I hope your zen finds your again soon! Your symptoms are sounding positive! :-) and not long at all until the 29th!

Blonhrt bring on April, your neighbours don't sound nice at all. Oh you poor thing, lice can be so troublesome. Have you got any tea tree oil/melaleuca oil? Even slightly diluted really helps to get rid of lice. I hope you can be rid of them ASAP.

AFM- cd27 and another positive test this morning. But feel almost normal in the mornings, except for the tiredness. Have had dull aches in my uterus if I over do it, which now I have registered I am trying to slow down and be a little more gentle with myself. My dh is at work :-( has been doing 6days a week for the last 6 or so months and I really miss him, maybe it's the hormones but it would be so nice to have him around more so we can all relax. Long weekend here which is neat and only a week until my big boy starts school.
Here is a photo of the last 5 tests I've taken, really trying to stay positive. The blue ones are just super cheap tests, going to go and get some supermarket ones again today.
#680 of 986 Old 01-25-2013, 03:01 PM

haha blonhrt "bring on the chemicals". I'd do the same thing!

danielle, yay for beautiful bfps :) I completely agree, men have it sooo easy!! Keep taking it easy, and take care of yourself! A little pampering is well deserved!

AFM, just slipped and slid my way home through a snow storm. the honda civic is not meant for snow lol. But phew, i made it! I had to pee really bad when I got home, and there was sooooooooooooooooooo much cm in my underwear. I am so curious to know if it is a good sign, or if my body is just being gross lol. tomorrow is 10dpo... I could be bad and start testing soon haha.

#681 of 986 Old 01-25-2013, 04:29 PM

Congrats on the BFPs Danielle

Sorry to hear about the Lice Blonhrt

Danielle, an early beta isn't really what I want to do. I feel like waiting to test until next Friday will be the best thing for me. I don't want to get a false BFN and be sad all week for no reason. AF is due on the 2nd of Feb, but my cycles seem to vary from 25-27 days, so Friday seems about right. FX!

Having some vague, non-specific symptoms, and laughing at myself for symptom spotting when I'm only 7dpo! 

I know one thing for sure, I just want to eat all the time! Nom Nom Nom! lurk.gif

If I'm not preg, I'm probably going to take a couple months off to diet and get back down to my "starting weight" before I continue this. TTC has been hard on my waistline! Am I the only one? I feel like if I might have a baby in there, then I shouldn't deprive it of what it wants, and potentially skimp on the nutrients I need for babymaking. 

#682 of 986 Old 01-25-2013, 07:41 PM

I miscarried :-(

Betas were only 36 on Tues (my 4th and final day of bleeding) and then 30 on Thurs.  My doctor sent me for an emergency ultrasound today because she was really worried about an ectopic.  They mostly ruled that out and actually found my uterus was empty.  I'm so sad.  We'll try again right away but I was really hoping for this little baby... it's hard not to fall in love them right away.

Better luck to the rest of you.

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#683 of 986 Old 01-25-2013, 08:03 PM

Danielle how exciting!!

Sereny hang in there! You're so close to testing!!

Akk I'm so sorry about your early miscarriage greensad.gif I hope that means a very fertile month next month so that little one will stick in for the long haul! Hugs to you!!

AFM sorry I've been MIA all! I've been so tired and I am trying to stay less stressed this TWW than previous ones. Sorry for not responding to everyone! I finally got a pos OPK so we will get our final scheduled baby dancing in tomorrow and be done with scheduling that for a couple weeks lol! I'm so excited about my pos OPK because it is exactly on time according to my calendar which means once again the vitex is working!! Sorry to sound like a broken record about vitex but I am just so happy and positive about it this second cycle on it. I may not be around much because I am determined not to symptom spot this time around... Won't happen but I will try! I hope everyone else's TWW is going well and you guys aren't spotting too much and making yourselves crazy wink1.gif
#684 of 986 Old 01-25-2013, 09:19 PM

More in the morning but wanted to say big, huge hugs AKK. So so sorry about your loss.

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

#685 of 986 Old 01-26-2013, 01:06 AM

Angelkissedkids I am so so sorry for your loss! Much love and strength to you in the coming days and weeks. Be kind and gentle with yourself. Huge hugs!

AFM- after a lovely evening out with dh, I came home to some devastating news, a friends son has today been diagnosed with leukaemia. He is just six years old. My heart absolutely breaks for the family. Early days so we will all know more soon, life just isn't fair sometimes. It's times like these that I know how truly blessed I am. Much love to all you wonderful ladies here ttc!
#686 of 986 Old 01-26-2013, 02:09 AM

I'm so sorry, AKK.

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
#687 of 986 Old 01-26-2013, 04:55 AM

AngelKissedKids I am so very sorry to hear that. I wish you much comfort and support. grouphug.gif Please know we are all here for you. I hope you are able to take time to heal and grieve this loss. I'm so sorry.

Jjh That is awesome news! Yah for + OPKs!! I am glad the Vitex works so well for you. Happy Baby Dancing to you!! winky.gif Fx that you catch that egg!!

Dahlia That sounds very promising!! Try to hold out, if you can. I know it's SO hard. You're so close!!

Danielle hug2.gif to you and hoping you can help your friend through this. What awful news!!

Serenyd lol.gif I hear 'ya! I too feel like I shouldn't deprive a growing babe of whatever it is I am craving, must be for a reason, right?

AFM 8 DPO. Temps quite high, another rise this morning after yesterday's dip. I had a ridiculous amount of CM this morning, came in sort of a gush (TMI, I know!). I'm a little crampy, yesterday and today. Also exhausted. Still queasy. But my biggest sign is a non-sign. I usually have quite a lot of fibrocystic breast changes the week before AF, especially on one side, starting by 7 DPO. I have one cyst that prompted a mammogram (it was that easily felt and large). So far, nada. I know pregnancy improves or eliminates these changes. Again, hard not to read into but trying! Feeling really good this morning. So glad this TWW is in the home stretch!!

Happy Weekend, Mamas!! Sending you lots of goodvibes.gif

#688 of 986 Old 01-26-2013, 05:46 AM

Morning, ladies.

Blonhrt - Hugs on the lice. That stinks!! They just had an outbreak at DS's preschool and I was obsessively checking his head. eyesroll.gif

Serenyd - I hope your patience pays off with a BFP! MY AF is due 2/1 so we're about on the same schedule!

AKK - More hugs. 

jjh - Yay for a + OPK! So glad the vitex is working for you. I love the stuff, too! Hopefully it brings us both BFPs this month!

Dahlia - Sounds like things are good over there! Backing you up if you decide to POAS or not this weekend. winky.gif

Sparkle - So exciting! Sounds so promising! When will you POAS?

AFM - 7 DPO today. STill feeling oddly relaxed, and I wonder if that's because it's not going to happen this month. Who knows. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic and careful to protect my feelings. It's so early but I just don't really feel anything at all. Even with the progesterone. Tired but I'm always tired. No sore boobs, etc. Sigh. We'll see. Still trying to hold out testing until next weekend, since then AF will probably come first, although maybe not with the progesterone. Anyhow, going to try to enjoy a day off today and not think too much about it!!

#689 of 986 Old 01-26-2013, 05:55 AM

Oh Danielle that is horrible greensad.gif it just makes me so sad to hear things like that. Ill be keeping that little boy and his family in my thoughts... You as well.

Sparkle I feel like this could be your month! I am hoping for non signs too because my last few months have been horrible pre AF signs!

Katie how long have you taken vitex? Also I hope the progesterone does it for you! I was thinking about buying a natural kind but it seems like it doesn't do the trick for most and I am also not sure that I need it because of my excessive pre AF, progesterone related signs.

I woke up way too early this morning considering I don't have to be at work until 3... DH is loud in the mornings lol! I'm trying to figure if I should make a doctors appt for May (our 1 year TTC mark) to ensure that I can get in ASAP once the time rolls around or if I should just wait it out and remain optimistic that something will work. It's so hard to remain optimistic sometimes!
#690 of 986 Old 01-26-2013, 06:07 AM

AKK, I'm so sorry for your loss. It is devastating, because you fall in love with the little bean immediately when you get the bfp. If you ever need to talk, I'm here. I had that happen to me last month, and I truly feel for you. It will get better, just let yourself cry, or feel angry, or whatever you need to do. Take good care of yourself, and know that I'm rooting for you. lots of love and hugs.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page