January 2013 TWW Thread - Page 29 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#841 of 986 Old 01-29-2013, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats serendyd!!!! Lets keep the bfp's coming;)
#842 of 986 Old 01-29-2013, 01:17 PM

Congrats!! It's most accurate to calculate from o date. There are online calculators for that!

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

Cautiously expecting #3 in November!

****5*joy.gif**10****15****20****25****30****35****40

We are a happy treehugger.gifwinner.jpg asl.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif family!

#843 of 986 Old 01-29-2013, 01:19 PM

I calculated from first day of my cycle

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#844 of 986 Old 01-29-2013, 01:24 PM

Serenyd and Dahalia - How awesome!!  Definitely a positive.

You calculate your due date from the first day of your last period.  My first day of my last period was Jan 1, 2013.  So, my due date is Oct 8th.  I sort of feel bad because my 10 DD's birthday is Oct 4th.

AFM - I received the thumbs up from the doctor this morning.  Two things of blood taken from my right arm, then 7 from my left arm.  Two different settings/doc's. Then, I was stuck in the arm.  They convinced me to get a flu shot.  The body violating has begun...in two weeks I go back for a full physical and a pelvic exam.   I’m getting sick.  Sore throat started today.  I have an updated list from the Doc as to what I can and can’t take.  My tummy is all gurgles and bubbles.  Off and on my boobs feel like they are on fire. J  DH was thrilled when I told him.  He honestly didn’t believe it at first.  I got a great big hug, kiss, and the best part were the man tears coming out of a smiling face!!

#845 of 986 Old 01-29-2013, 01:45 PM

dahlia yay Hun! Soooo exciting! My due date is October 7th :-)
Serenyd woohoo! Those are definite BFP's congratulations!
cindy-lu that is so incredibly sweet about your dh! Take care! :-)

AFM feeling absolutely blah this morning woke with the most head splitting headache, I rang dh at work he's coming home at lunchtime to grab the boys so I can rest then he's back off to work until dinner. Whatever this bug is its nasty. Which is frustrating as I had so much planned this week as its ds1's last week at home before he starts school, instead the poor darling has been stuck inside watching tv.
#846 of 986 Old 01-29-2013, 02:44 PM

So many pregnant ladies on here now! Hoping some babydust finds its way over here! 

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

#847 of 986 Old 01-29-2013, 02:59 PM

Cindy-lu my daughters birthday is October 22nd. According to my LMP my due date is Oct 14th, but that's not accurate anyway because my cycles are less than 28 days (more like 26). Considering I got a pos OPK on Jan 17, my due date would be Oct 10 or Oct 11 if going from 24 hrs after the pos OPK as the actual conception date (can't conceive until you ovulate, right?). I think I'll go with LMP for the doctor's office. And no way I'm going in there until after I'm out of my first trimester. smile.gif 

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#848 of 986 Old 01-29-2013, 03:03 PM

Danielle, hope you feel better soon! fever.gif

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#849 of 986 Old 01-29-2013, 04:33 PM

Katie, sending you baby dust!!! Good luck!

I'm waiting to retest until tomorrow. I'm so nervous the line will fade or disappear.

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#850 of 986 Old 01-29-2013, 04:58 PM

Dahlia were oct 20! smile.gif also yay yay yay!!! I'm so excited for you!

Sereny what strong positives!!!! Congrats!

Cindy Lu yay! Sounds like everyone around your place is way excited smile.gif

Feel better Danielle!

Today I decided I am going to start cutting my excessive diet coke intake again! It is definitely out of control after needing a vice last month... Damn caffeine addiction!
#851 of 986 Old 01-29-2013, 05:00 PM

Congrats sereynd and dahlia!

Sereynd, holy crap that is dark for being 4 days before your period! And holy crap this thread is flowing with baby dust! I'm so excited!

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

Our Breastfeeding Journey @ www.MotherHoodinEden.com
#852 of 986 Old 01-29-2013, 06:03 PM

I was only going to read through this thread, but my suspense is too great and I have to post.  I've only got a few days left to wait, but that just makes it even more suspenseful!  This month I had a weird cycle (have been off BC since September, was charting to avoid until this month) because I got the flu early on. It delayed ovulation (once the fever left, my temps were early-cycle low), but I'm not precisely sure how much. I had a very textbook four days of fertile-quality fluid with a dip and a temp rise (Jan 15), but then my temps dropped back down for four more days, not quite as low as they had been, but not high enough for Fertility Friend to call it ovulation.  Then there was a pretty stratospheric rise (Jan 20), up as high as it's ever been, and my temps have been bouncing around at the high reaches of the chart since then. 

Fertility Friend labeled that first drop and rise ovulation after my temps went up more obviously.  However, I am not sure if it's right, since the second rise was much more clear.  My other cycles were all pretty textbook, excepting a slightly short luteal phase (12 days).  So, if that first date was ovulation, then I'm late (14 dpo). If it was the second, I have a little while still to go (9 dpo). I've got the breast tenderness and some cramping yesterday that made me think my period was imminent, but then...nothing.  However, the tenderness is common to every luteal phase - it's just lasted longer this time.

I'm thinking of getting a test, but I don't want to test too early and have it be uncertain. I want to wait until I can be pretty sure it's telling me the truth!  Also I don't want to freak my husband out unnecessarily lol.  We had agreed to wait to start trying in March (I've been eager for a long time, he's been worried about money), but this month he said "what's the difference between now and March? Don't bother with the diaphragm." He doesn't like to know too many details, it makes him nervous - but of course, since I was charting I know that we have a good chance this month!

Sorry for the novel, it's not something that I can talk about much in real life, so it's a great relief to find people who understand this suspenseful feeling! 

#853 of 986 Old 01-29-2013, 06:12 PM

Missbrea I'm in a similar situation of having a DH all of a sudden decide it was ok to start trying. It's kind of scary and exciting! He put the moves on me when I had very clearly let him know that I was fertile, so....it seems we're TTC now, lol.

joy.gif

Mom to Ava - 10/8/13 love.gif 
#854 of 986 Old 01-29-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonhrt88 View Post

Congrats sereynd and dahlia!

Sereynd, holy crap that is dark for being 4 days before your period! And holy crap this thread is flowing with baby dust! I'm so excited!

IKR? There better not be twins in there! 

#855 of 986 Old 01-29-2013, 06:38 PM

O this thread is making wanna test! two days...

Huge congrats serenyd!!!

Midwife apprentice and mama to 6, including three UC babies: Jude River, 06/04/08, Alora Wren Isolde, 9/27/10, and our newest addition, Ailish Brynn Elspeth, 6/12/14!
#856 of 986 Old 01-29-2013, 06:40 PM

GL ladyelms (and everyone else waiting to test) I'm sorry couldn't hold out until Friday! I hope you get your BFP! 

#857 of 986 Old 01-29-2013, 06:49 PM

Wow, congrats to all the BFPs!!! So exciting!

Missbrea- when do you think you'll test? Sounds really promising!

AFM, Can't believe I'm on CD11 already again! My ewcm started today, so fx O comes soon and I get a long enough LP for my 26-day cycles.

How do the first 2 weeks go so quickly and the second 2 go soooo slowly?

Crunchy, paleo mama to DS (05/11) and #2 & #3 (!) on the way, due Feb 2014!
#858 of 986 Old 01-29-2013, 06:52 PM

Missbrea - Welcome and sounds promising! When do you test?

Ladyelms - I am still holding out too! We can do it!

amycvincent - Yay for ov coming! It is so amazing how time just stops after ov huh??

#859 of 986 Old 01-29-2013, 07:02 PM

Boo, just went to check out the Oct 2013 DDC, and there isn't one yet! Maybe if we get a few more BFPs we can start one? smile.gif

#860 of 986 Old 01-29-2013, 08:14 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Big congrats to all the recent BFP's! joy.gif

Me, I'm 3 DPO and continue to put myself on the sidelines just lurk.gif still, trying to keep the mellow this cycle. I just can't set myself up for a huge letdown like last cycle; that was rough.

Let's keep the BFP run going ladies! dust.gif

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#861 of 986 Old 01-29-2013, 09:11 PM

Slammerkin - it is definitely exciting and a little scary! I'm not sure what finally changed for him, but I'm glad of it!

I am trying to wait until Friday to test; I don't actually have any tests on hand. Not sure I'll be able to wait that long though! I may go down to the store tomorrow and get one for use on Thursday morning.

#862 of 986 Old 01-30-2013, 03:04 AM

Serenyd - thank you for the info on how all of your dates are lining up. I don't feel quite as odd :-). I've also been looking for a oct DDC. Would love to be in one.

Dahlia - you've been off the air. Are you doing ok? I'm a bit worried!

Afm - I broke down and took sudafed last night. The post nasal drip made me nauseous, I puked, then had a mini melt down. I thought I was doing the right thing. Then found out the Approved medicine list is for after 13 weeks. Ugh...

I remember last month someone was asking about the thyroid and pregnancy. I received info from my doc yesterday. I'm fairly confident that my levels are all off. Should hear back from the doc today or tomorrow.
#863 of 986 Old 01-30-2013, 04:28 AM

Goodmorning ladies, 14dpo today still no af(yayyyyyyyyyyy)but decided to test in a couple more days ive been down this road before, and i want to make sure im late before testing. i started to have nausea and bloating on yesterday, and i was exhausted like i had ran a marathon, all promising signs. keeping my fx for us all.... and wishing sticky beans for all the newly expecting mothers.
#864 of 986 Old 01-30-2013, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy-lu View Post

Serenyd - thank you for the info on how all of your dates are lining up. I don't feel quite as odd :-). I've also been looking for a oct DDC. Would love to be in one.

Dahlia - you've been off the air. Are you doing ok? I'm a bit worried!

Afm - I broke down and took sudafed last night. The post nasal drip made me nauseous, I puked, then had a mini melt down. I thought I was doing the right thing. Then found out the Approved medicine list is for after 13 weeks. Ugh...

I remember last month someone was asking about the thyroid and pregnancy. I received info from my doc yesterday. I'm fairly confident that my levels are all off. Should hear back from the doc today or tomorrow.

First off congrats on the BFP!! That is so exciting! It was me asking about the thyroid. I have read about how difficult it can be for people to get preggo if their levels are off. Do u think the pregnancy has your levels off? What does your TSH usually run? Would love to know what your doctor had to say!

Congrats to all the other BFPs. I am on CD 10 today and waiting for EWCM. FF is predicting O for early next week but since this is my first cycle in 6 years temping that may not be accurate. Looking forward to hearing how everyone is doing. Good luck ladies!
#865 of 986 Old 01-30-2013, 05:16 AM

11 DPO today. I broke down and tested. Not smart. BFN on a FRER. Tried to imagine a shadow of a line but really there's not. We had a long night so I'm tired and now I'm just bummed. There's just nothing else we could have done this cycle. Everything was perfect. It sucks. shake.gif Could be too early but I really doubt it. 

#866 of 986 Old 01-30-2013, 05:40 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifCongrats Serenyd!! Wishing you a happy and uneventful 9 months!!carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif

hug2.gifKatie. I'm in the same boat. 12 DPO and I didn't temp or test this morning. My temp plummeted yesterday, my pre-AF breast changes began, light spotting and cramping - which continues today. AF should be here full force by tonight or tomorrow morning. Not a single cycle since I began trying seems like the one before, I have no idea how to gauge what to expect or what's even normal for me anymore!! I cannot tell you how absolutely heart broken I feel gloomy.gif I too felt like everything looked perfect for this to be the month. And I am continually shocked by the fact that this doesn't seem to get any easier to accept. I thought perhaps after a few months it wouldn't feel so devastating but no, it feels like a fresh wound each month. And each month at this point I think I'm done, I cannot do this to myself even one more time surrender.gifIt is just too painful. And then a few days pass and I am filled with hope again. *sigh* Not sure I have the stamina at this point but we'll see in a a week or so how things look. 9 cycles now with no BFP to show for it. I feel pathetic. I have a script for bloodwork on CD 3 to assess my FSH levels. We'll see...

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

#867 of 986 Old 01-30-2013, 06:05 AM

hug2.gif to you too, Sparkle. I'm sorry you're in the same spot but at least we can be here together. I was having a cr@ppy week and now it's just worse! I know I wasn't convinced I was, but I definitely had moments where I thought I could be. So much for that. I really hoped the progesterone would do the trick this cycle. I know last time it took a couple of cycles so I knew that could happen but I was so hopeful. I really wanted an October baby. Oh well. I know I'll feel better in a few days, like you said, but today I'm going to drink a huge mug of coffee and be sad. I never watch TV when the kids are awake but I just checked to see when Ellen is on since I just need to laugh today! 

#868 of 986 Old 01-30-2013, 06:09 AM

Oh sparkle. I'm sorry. I completely relate to how you feel though. Just try to keep your head up. This month wasn't it but that's ok, next month smile.gif

Ahh Katie. I hope it's just to early.

I'm due for AF around next Thursday. 6dpo today. Not feeling a thing.

Cloth diapers rock! DS born 5.11.11 ...weighed 8lb 9oz and still nurses accordingly(breastmilk is more than just food!) TTC #2 since 5/2012 and already planning a home birth!

Our Breastfeeding Journey @ www.MotherHoodinEden.com
#869 of 986 Old 01-30-2013, 06:20 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just wanted to give big hug.gif 's to katie and Sparkle.

That "fresh wound" feeling you mention Sparkle is exactly why I've chosen to do my absolute best to not get too excited or expect anything this cycle. I just can't take another crushing disappointment like last cycle. I'm not looking forward to testing and I don't think, at least at this point, that I'm going to have any urge to test early.

katie: With DS2 I got a BFN then a BFP three days later. That was with $Tree tests though. Don't give up 'til the witch really comes calling ok?

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#870 of 986 Old 01-30-2013, 06:52 AM

Thanks for the hugs, everyone. I need them. I know it's not over til it's over but with not feeling it 100% and then the BFN I think I'm probably out. I kind of want to just process it and be sad. If I test again and get a BFP, great, but if not at least I'll be prepared, yk? My plan is to test again Fri morning and if BFN I'll stop my progesterone so I can get AF and just move on. A November baby would be good, too. I would be on maternity leave through the holidays, which would be nice I guess. Already looking for positives so I know I'll be ok. 

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page