January 2013 TWW Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 986 Old 01-05-2013, 06:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Thank you Katie!! I am sure I will feel better in a few days. I let myself get so excited and filled with hope and magical thinking during each TWW. It feels so deflating each month when it doesn't happen. I was incredibly lucky (and naive and so unaware) when I got pregnant with DD, happened on the first try. I always assumed it would happen just as easily the second time around, but this has not been the case. I am so very grateful for privileges in my life and for my DD. She is amazing and incredible and such a joy. I feel consumed by guilt at the idea of her being an only, and it is not at all what I want. But 8 cycles with nada makes me think it probably is not meant to be and DH is not on board with any interventions, he's barely on board with trying at all!! I promise I'll return to my more typical, positive self very soon. I am a glass half full gal. Real life is messy and often not so pretty. This weekend I need to feel rotten and cry and then I'll bounce back. Promise.

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 986 Old 01-05-2013, 07:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sparkle I'm sorry you are going through this. Unless someone has been through it they truly don't understand. I think it's good you were so positive in your TWW. It's was two weeks of hope and happiness smile.gif I hope you have a good weekend.

Arm still no AF but I read that clomid can make AF come late. I can't sleep so I poas from the ER at work. Bfn. At first I thought maybe there was a faint line but the control was just settling. I looked at it a few min later and it very negative. So I'm guessing AF is coming soon.

TTC#1 Since March 2008, PCOS and possible T-shaped uterus, divorced DH after 4 IUIs, hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, Currently with DB and bonus mom to his 3 children and our dogs Dexter and Morgan  grouphug.gifdog2.gif. Four more rounds of Clomid and IUI starting in December 2012 after trying naturally since June...

angel.gif
#183 of 986 Old 01-05-2013, 08:10 AM

Just popping back in to check on everyone from time to time, and I wanted to say to Sparkle:

I've become pregnant 5 times in my life; 1st-accident termination, 2nd-9 months ttc, 3rd- 1 month ttc m/c, 4th- 1 month ttc, 5th- 3 months ttc

Hang in there.  I'm sorry it's so hard for you right now.  I remember the feeling of frustration and worry.  Your body knows how to make and grow a baby.  Perhaps there are factors that we can't see that are waiting for things to be just right.  Big hugs today.

Partner to one: '08  Mama to three: '08, '11, '13  homebirth.jpgintactlact.gif
#184 of 986 Old 01-05-2013, 08:53 AM

Oh Sparkle, I'm so sorry :( I wish there was more I could do to help you feel better. Let yourself grieve, cry as much as you feel like you need to, and when you're ready, keep your chin up. I know it's so hard right now, but remember we're all here for you and rooting for you!! grouphug.gif

Good luck all the testers out there today!

AFM- I've had a cruddy start to the day.. I think I must still be out of sorts from the early loss, because I'm snappy with my husband who really didn't do anything wrong.. We have a family belated Christmas celebration today, which is starting off with 2 baby showers :( I feel horrible and selfish for not being happy for them. My husband doesn't seem to be getting why I don't want to go to the family thing at all, so he's mad at me for being antisocial. The last thing I want to do right now is go to a baby shower. Hopefully I can make it without having to hide in the bathroom

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#185 of 986 Old 01-05-2013, 09:02 AM

Just popping in to say hi 😊

So sorry sparkle! I really had a great feeling about this cycle for you 😔 take your time grieving. Just know you will get your baby!

Hi Dahlia! 😃 I miss you lady. So sorry for your yucky start of the day. You'll get through it cause you're awesome!

Good luck and baby dust to everyone else!!

Wife to an army guy. Mom to a sweet and fiesty 2 year old girl. Expecting dd2 in early September. joy.gif
#186 of 986 Old 01-05-2013, 11:49 AM

Sparkle - big big hugs sweetie. I so had a good feeling for you this cycle as well. I am so sorry that AF has been such a downer. It's hard to stay so upbeat and positive each cycle, AF can be such a let down. I try to tell myself when AF arrives that it is a good sign, it means that my body is functioning properly (some women don't have normal cycles at all, etc.) and AF is part of our womanhood, etc... But, I know when it first hits after you've been so hopeful it is just a big old bummer. Take your time to get through the misery of AFs arrival, be kind to yourself, pamper yourself as much as you can and take it easy. I know you will get back to that hopeful half full gal that you truly are! hug2.gif

Dahlia - hope that you're able to get through the party without having to hide... will be thinking of you. blowkiss.gif

Becky - don't give up until AF arrives, try to keep the faith! Still keeping fingersx.gif for you!!

Waiting to hear from you ladies who tested this morning!!! whistling.gif

AFM - trying to stay strong and wait until Monday to test (unless AF shows up first of course). I was really moody and kind of snappy yesterday (which I usually get right before her arrival) so I'm worried that we didn't catch that egg after all, but trying to remain as positive as I can and am still really really really tired, ugh!

Me (S) + my soulmate (D), together for 12 years. Joyfully added our sweet little boy, Gabriel, born at home on 9/21/13. We have 2 good dog2.gif  + 4 crazy cat.gif 
#187 of 986 Old 01-05-2013, 12:00 PM

Sparkle, my first was a first try baby and my second took 7 months of TTC so I totally understand where you are coming from. Every month I couldn't figure out what was wrong with my body. irked.gif But after a couple of days, it does get easier and you gear up for the next cycle. I forget, are you charting or anything? Perhaps there would be some info there that would be helpful?

Dahlia, ugh. So many hugs! I hope you get through the day. I'm sorry DH can't see why this is hard for you. Can you have a glass of wine at the party at least? When I was trying cycle after cycle for DD every time I would get AF I would get sushi, wine and make a goat cheese appetizer! Take that! LOL. It's the little things, right?

Becky, so sorry about the BFN. The worst. When you are pretty darn sure you're out but that little bit of you still has hope. At least AF is final and you can move on. I hope you just have a shy bean in there but many hugs.

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

Cautiously expecting #3 in November!

****5*joy.gif**10****15****20****25****30****35****40

We are a happy treehugger.gifwinner.jpg asl.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif family!

#188 of 986 Old 01-05-2013, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
SparkleMaman: Whatever you're feeling, yeah, you just ride it out and eventually you come back to your center hug.gif .

dahlia: I'm sorry you're having such a rough day. If I wasn't going to hide out, which I probably would here and there if I thought I could sneak away a few times, I'd be all with the "Yes, I'll take that glass of wine now please!" nod.gif

Suzie: I've always gotten that feeling like AF is still coming when I've actually been pg. The day she's supposed to blow into town and I haven't seen her yet but it keeps feeling like she just started is so nut.gif . fingersx.gif for you!

goodvibes.gif for those of you with AF showing up or getting ready to for success next cycle; TTC is definitely a whirlwind of emotions. Good luck to everyone getting ready to test! dust.gif

Me, testing is soooo far away so, going to continue to hang out in the crazy-making smile.gif . I'm actually feeling pretty chilled out which is surprising. It's probably b/c I'm still knee-deep in the TWW. The closer I get to the end of this cycle we'll see how mellow I still am redface.gif .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#189 of 986 Old 01-05-2013, 01:12 PM

Thanks for all the love, mamas! Just bought my basal body thermometer. I've been charting CM and using OPKs. Gonna try something new in January. Here's hoping 2013 is babyful for us all!!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

#190 of 986 Old 01-05-2013, 01:47 PM

Rather than read all the posts, I will jump in here.  I am 43.  Past child bearing, as far as the world would tell me.  But with my Benn almost 3. the longing was too great.  I am in day 15 of a normal 28 or so cycle so the TWW has become.  It was been a BDing month LOL  Heidi

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#191 of 986 Old 01-05-2013, 02:03 PM

Welcome.gifHeidi!!

Dahlia Lots and lots of hugs hug2.gifYou are an amazing, strong woman. I'm not sure I would have been able to go at all!! Hope you got to enjoy some wine, sushi, soft cheese, etc, whatever your heart desired. And hopefully the dreaded party is done and you're back home to relax and pamper yourself. I am planning to consume a few glasses of wine tonight with my Linguine Peperonata, helps ease those AF cramps that have begun in earnest today. Perhaps some goat cheese or brie too. Thanks for idea Katie!! winky.gif

#192 of 986 Old 01-05-2013, 03:00 PM

Thanks for all the support ladies. I have really enjoyed hearing from everyone in this thread. I know I really belong in the infertility thread but it makes me so happy to see all the bfp here. It's hard not getting pregnant and even harder that I have never been pregnant. I look at everyone and just think "man! I wish I just one". Knowing how bad I want one I can imagine how frustrating it is to have one and have a hard time having another.

Suziesmiles you are 100% right with women and irregular cycles. Unless I take birth control I don't get AF. Peeing on opk does nothing for me since I may not have an LH surge. I never thought I would wish for a period and to be "normal".

I'm gonna get my baby and I won't stop believing or trying until I do!!

TTC#1 Since March 2008, PCOS and possible T-shaped uterus, divorced DH after 4 IUIs, hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, Currently with DB and bonus mom to his 3 children and our dogs Dexter and Morgan  grouphug.gifdog2.gif. Four more rounds of Clomid and IUI starting in December 2012 after trying naturally since June...

angel.gif
#193 of 986 Old 01-05-2013, 03:12 PM

Speaking for myself, I've loved getting to know you, Becky! You belong right here, with us smile.gif

#194 of 986 Old 01-05-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacatsbaby View Post
Suzie: I've always gotten that feeling like AF is still coming when I've actually been pg. The day she's supposed to blow into town and I haven't seen her yet but it keeps feeling like she just started is so nut.gif . fingersx.gif for you!

Thanks for the support mamacatsbaby! I am totally going nuts and wish someone would post about their BFP today!! I need to live vicariously through someone testing today, ahhhhhh!!! I think I might break down and test tomorrow morning, I just can't take it anymore, it's all I'm able to think about right now!!!!nut.gif

Welcome Heidi! You don't know how happy I am to see someone here over 40!! Good luck this cycle!!!dust.gif

Becky - big hugs, you will get your baby when the time is right. I know how you feel about "wanting just one", me too! I am keeping the faith and believe in you:) hug.gif

Me (S) + my soulmate (D), together for 12 years. Joyfully added our sweet little boy, Gabriel, born at home on 9/21/13. We have 2 good dog2.gif  + 4 crazy cat.gif 
#195 of 986 Old 01-05-2013, 04:11 PM

Hi all,

I'm new! My hubby and I joined the ttc club on Christmas day.

I took a test this morning and saw a super faint line with strained eyes...so I'm going to wait and test again tomorrow.

We've been married 3 years, and are ready to start a family! I'm hopeful for a bfp!!
#196 of 986 Old 01-05-2013, 04:33 PM

Sparkle,dahlia, and Becky- I just wanted
to let you all know that I am thinking about you!
I hope everyone else is doing well and welcome to all the newbies! Fingers crossed for lots of BFPs smile.gif
AF is supposed to show up in 4 days and even though I got my BFP I am still just nervous and it is feeling surreal. I don't work tomorrow morning so I am planning on testing tomorrow AM. my urine is always sooo dilute during the day so even though I have been testing nothing is showing which is worrying me... I'm so sleepy and nauseous in the AM too... Bah!
#197 of 986 Old 01-05-2013, 06:32 PM

Becky: Just reading the conviction in your words is beautiful. I know you'll get your baby hug.gif .

Suzie: I knoooooow! I wants to see some pos.gif 's so I can continue my vicarious living as well lol.gif . I've been counting down the days 'til you test ROTFLMAO.gif . I don't think I'm going to sleep well tonight waiting to see whether or not you tested in the morning shake.gif lol. And I'm trying not to symptom spot but I have indeed been a bit more groggy/tired the last couple of days. That means nothing to me though as my children are up before the birds each and everyday so I may just be regular exhausted but with a twist haha. And isn't it too early for that for me anyway? Trying not to analyze whatever the hell is going on below the waist as that could be anything too shrug.gif . Damn these ambiguous twitches and whatnot!

zonapellucida/Heidi: I swear we've been in one or two DDC's together. But I may just be making that up headscratch.gif lol. Good luck! dust.gif

auntikerry: Congratulations! I'll bet that line darkens right up wink1.gif .

jjh: The anxiety never ends does it!

So I keep thinking I can pour myself a Guiness or a B&T now that the children are in bed then I remember lol.gif .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

#198 of 986 Old 01-06-2013, 07:59 AM

I just took a dollar tree hpt and there was nothing there with FMU... I'm really discouraged and sad because frer showed a line days ago but I only have two left and don't want to use the expensive ones... Has anyone else ever had this happen? I'm still 3 days away from AF so I know there is still time but ughhhh!
#199 of 986 Old 01-06-2013, 08:13 AM

Hugs, jjh. That is weird! I would probably go ahead and use a FRER to make sure the others weren't evaps but that's just me and I'm an addict!

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

#200 of 986 Old 01-06-2013, 08:31 AM

I had gotten positives ONLY on FRERs so I googled (because obviously google knows all! Lol) and apparently this is very common. I think I am going to call on Monday and make an appt for a blood test because I need to anyway. I even got one positive on an frer without it being FMU so we shall see! Thanks for the advice Katie smile.gif
#201 of 986 Old 01-06-2013, 11:24 AM

Definitely get a blood test. Cautious congrats!! 

#202 of 986 Old 01-06-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjh5351 View Post
I just took a dollar tree hpt and there was nothing there with FMU... I'm really discouraged and sad because frer showed a line days ago but I only have two left and don't want to use the expensive ones... Has anyone else ever had this happen? I'm still 3 days away from AF so I know there is still time but ughhhh!

Oh that's so frustrating jjh5351! I haven't had this happen but I agree with Katie to test again and definitely get the blood test as well:) Good luck!! We are all hoping the best for you, there is still time!!! grouphug.gif

#203 of 986 Old 01-06-2013, 12:10 PM

Well, I've been impatiently waiting to see a BFP and finally got my wish this morning:D orngbiggrin.gif

I'm 13DPO (day 26 of an average 27 day cycle) and I took a FRER at 5:45am with FMU and here's the 2 lovely lines I've been waiting for...

Initially I was excited but unfortunately with a little hesitation because before I went to bed last night, I read the following disclaimer on the box: "Important note regarding positive results: Because this test detects very low levels of hCG, there is a small chance that this test will give positive results even if you are not pregnant. Chances of this are greater for women nearing age 40 and older."

So..... I turned 39 a few months ago... And, worried that I'd be one of those FALSE positives, I decided to take a dollar tree test I had with SMU 3 hours later as they are supposed to be less sensitive, right? Here's what that test showed, no disclaimer on that box:

So... should I be excited or still cautious until I get a blood test (which I wasn't really planning on doing)? Help ladies?? I so want to be happy and think I've got a little bun in the oven but don't want to be disappointed. Anyone know about these false positives FR mentioned???

#204 of 986 Old 01-06-2013, 12:24 PM

Suzie - I think that's two BFPs!!! Congratulations!!!
#205 of 986 Old 01-06-2013, 02:38 PM

Suzie: Ok, the part of me that wants to be level-headed and reserved says yes, just keep cool, get the blood test, verify everything, etc. and so on b/c the disappointment can definitely be devastating.

But then the freak-out side of me goes

woohoo!!!!!!!!!! joy.gifenergy.gifjoy.gifenergy.gifjoy.gif Congratulations!!!!!! energy.gifjoy.gifenergy.gifjoy.gifenergy.gif Get totally excited and screw false-positive warnings, you're pregnant!!! love.gifluxlove.giflove.gifluxlove.giflove.gif

But I absolutely understand not wanting to completely flip. How do you feel? Still pretty tired? I know I haven't been a lick of help here bag.gif . To round out my unhelpfulness I'll just say I know nothing about FRER false-positives. So, carry on!

What do you feel deep down? Is it more so you know the tests are confirming what you know to be true but it also feels too good to be real, therefore you must make sure to protect yourself emotionally?

Personally, I think you're big-time preggers orngbiggrin.gif .

#206 of 986 Old 01-06-2013, 02:47 PM

Congrats suzie! I think you should let yourself feel hopeful and excited, but still do the bloodwork for peace of mind  :) I'm so happy for you!! woohoo for bfps!!

How's everyone else doing?

AFM I'm looking into fertilitea... has anyone tried it? Or know anything about it?

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#207 of 986 Old 01-06-2013, 02:52 PM

Thanks auntiekerry and dahlia and mamacatsbaby - you are too funny you crazy Libra!!! I am still really tired. I have been it seems ever since I O'd... I know you mentioned you were tired too, I think it's a good sign!! fingersx.gif and toes crossed for you!!!

Physically, I have really felt that there was something going on down there for over a week but kept telling myself it was all in my head. I am not as hungry as I have been (I'd been ravenous the past couple of weeks) otherwise, feel pretty good. Did have a little headache this morning, but blaming that on the fact that I couldn't sleep last night! I finally went to bed at midnight, woke at 2am to pee. Back to sleep finally, then woke again 4:15, told myself to go back to sleep because I wanted to try to hold my FMU as long as possible, woke again at 5:30 and tested at 5:45. Told DH and then neither of us could really get back to sleep, we just cuddled and were cautiously happy:D Sorry about the book here, I'm just shocked and don't have anyone I can tell IRL. I promised my Mom I wouldn't tell her early again because the m/c really upset her too (it would have been her first grandchild). She's pretty much my best friend and I don't want her to go through that again. So, it's just DH and myself who know and it will be a long time before I feel comfortable telling anyone else...

And, emotionally/spiritually I am just trying to believe that this will be the one. It's going to be a struggle to remain excited but I am determined not to be too worried or sad during my pregnancy. I hope I can keep that up!

Good luck to everyone else waiting for their BFPs!

#208 of 986 Old 01-06-2013, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 361 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky8824 View Post

Thanks for all the support ladies. I have really enjoyed hearing from everyone in this thread. I know I really belong in the infertility thread but it makes me so happy to see all the bfp here. It's hard not getting pregnant and even harder that I have never been pregnant. I look at everyone and just think "man! I wish I just one". Knowing how bad I want one I can imagine how frustrating it is to have one and have a hard time having another.
Suziesmiles you are 100% right with women and irregular cycles. Unless I take birth control I don't get AF. Peeing on opk does nothing for me since I may not have an LH surge. I never thought I would wish for a period and to be "normal".
I'm gonna get my baby and I won't stop believing or trying until I do!!
Becky - lol I have a best Mate who would be lucky to have 3 AF per year... She had 2 gorgeous little boys... It just meant a LOT of BDing lol as she never knew when fertile - but there is still plenty of hope for you 😃

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
#209 of 986 Old 01-06-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntiekerry View Post
Hi all, I'm new! My hubby and I joined the ttc club on Christmas day.
I took a test this morning and saw a super faint line with strained eyes...so I'm going to wait and test again tomorrow.
We've been married 3 years, and are ready to start a family! I'm hopeful for a bfp!!

Did you test again this morning? goodvibes.giffor a darker BFP!!

#210 of 986 Old 01-06-2013, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 361 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy-lu View Post

In general. If you have thyroid problems and /or are on medicine there is one chemical, aspartame that effectively counter acts the medicine. Also there are foods that will inhibit the thyroid from taking in iodine such as peanuts, broccoli, spinach, cabbage, etc...
The aspartame is what I have to watch. It's in crystal light, almost every diet soda out there, almost every type of gum, um I know there's more...just can't remember. Oh and don't use sea salt. There's basically no nutritional value and the salt does not have iodine!! Buy the old school salt with iodine! Much healthier!!
Thanks i didn't know that was what aspartame did, now I'll cut it out too lol.. I don't have a thyroid problem - it just got run down from stress/health... I take 3 drops of iodine in a bottle of water a day (health shop) also please don't use old style salt. Lol - the way it is processed it is bad for the system - Himalayan salt is the best as it has 72 trace minerals in it 😃 if you want info google 'purple house' at 'forth Tasmania' and view grada's blog... Sorry to seem pushy, it's just I've spent 5 years trying to get healthy enough to ttc lol - and am loving sharing lol

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page