January 2013 TWW Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 986 Old 12-31-2012, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Happy New Year!  champagne.gif

This is a place for everyone in the TWW!  Come in and say hello, get some support, ask some questions.  Then come back and let us celebrate your success or give you hugs and encouragement.

Good luck and dust.gif to all!  Let's make some autumn babies in the new year!

HPT accuracy DPO 
10 dpo : 35% 
11 dpo : 51% 
12 dpo : 62% 
13 dpo : 68% 
14 dpo : 74% 
15 dpo : 80% 
16 dpo : 88% 
17 dpo : 92% 

18 dpo : 99%

Beautiful BFP's  pos.gif joy.gif

serena76 pos.gif

Mary76pos.gif

SuzieSmiles pos.gif

devilish pos.gif

AutumnLove pos.gif

DanielleNZ pos.gif

AngelKissedKids pos.gif candle.gif

wildgreen pos.gif 

Cindy-lu pos.gif

Serenyd pos.gif

Dahlia810 pos.gif

HawaiianBlesing pos.gif

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It seems like no one wants to leave December and move over here to January. The December TWW was quite something!

Wife, 27, to DH, 33, and Mama to DS1 Josiah - 8/09, DS2 James - 3/11, 10 angel babies, 3 foster children, and one adorable ALMOST ADOPTED son - 5/05 

#3 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 10:24 AM

I keep forgetting this is here smile.gif thanks for the reminder joyfam smile.gif
#4 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 10:24 AM

LOL. I know, we keep wanting to be in December still! I'll come over with you, though. winky.gif I bet I'll be back here later in the month, anyhow. But maybe not! We shall see.

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

Cautiously expecting #3 in November!

****5*joy.gif**10****15****20****25****30****35****40

We are a happy treehugger.gifwinner.jpg asl.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif family!

#5 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 11:25 AM

:-) trying to move away from Dec...it's a new year. Now on to January!

Good luck ladies!!

Afm. I learned that I am on a 27 day cycle. So I'm O'ing earlier than I previously thought. This makes more sense as to why dec didn't work for me. DH was having a stressful long week at work right before the big O. So we missed the time frame. Live and learn!! 😜
#6 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Cindy-lu I wonder if OPKs might also be helpful for you. Using them I discovered that despite a regular cycle, I vary on which Cycle Day (CD) I ovulate, anywhere from CD 10-14, which can make a huge difference in strategically BDing!! That said, I found them tricky to figure out the first month (deciding if the test line was actually as dark as the control or not) but now I really like them. Like the HPTs, I prefer the pink dye OPKs and found the blue dye tests very frustrating. And they do make digital OPKs if you want to eliminate any qualitative decision making smile.gif

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

#7 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 12:14 PM

Well ladies, I guess I'll move onto the September DDC. I'm so sad to leave you all. I'm going to check in and see how everyone is doing though! I'll miss the December tww thread. It was really something.

Wife to an army guy. Mom to a sweet and fiesty 2 year old girl. Expecting dd2 in early September. joy.gif
#8 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 12:28 PM

I'm not ready to move over just yet. Still hoping AF stays away. We will see

TTC#1 Since March 2008, PCOS and possible T-shaped uterus, divorced DH after 4 IUIs, hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, Currently with DB and bonus mom to his 3 children and our dogs Dexter and Morgan  grouphug.gifdog2.gif. Four more rounds of Clomid and IUI starting in December 2012 after trying naturally since June...

angel.gif
#9 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 01:00 PM

Has anyone heard of or followed a fertility recipe? Like this one: http://womens-place.com/ttc/vitex.php

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#10 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 01:12 PM

Happy New Year ladies! I'd love to join you!! I stalked the December thread, so much activity! I am 8DPO, on CD 21 with an average cycle length of 27 days... This is my 2nd official month trying since my m/c in August. Last month I tested on 9DPO and 12DPO, BFNs and ended up being late so tested one last time and again BFN. AF came a couple of days later, so frustrating! This cycle I am determined to wait until day 27 which will be 14DPO. I asked DH to help and not let me test early and he joked that he'd hide the tests from me so I couldn't take them too early:) I have been going crazy trying not to symptom spot, so hard! How do you ladies deal with it?? I definitely need some support!!I have been extremely hungry for about a week now which is not normal for me. But, it could just be the holidays and all of the special food and goodies around... Anyway, nice to be here, very exciting!

Good luck everyone!! dust.gif

Me (S) + my soulmate (D), together for 12 years. Joyfully added our sweet little boy, Gabriel, born at home on 9/21/13. We have 2 good dog2.gif  + 4 crazy cat.gif 
#11 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 01:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I'm here but still in denial, AF due today and I got another bfn 😔 I can't stop poas lol
#12 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 01:32 PM

Cindylu, I'm right there with you! Move on and hope for the best in a new year smile.gif

Mama- we will miss you! Please keep us updated on the little one that's staying cozy inside smile.gif

Becky and sereny- keep in mind that vitex generally takes about 3 cycles to work and that if you are pretty regular- either with AF or ovulation- it can screw you up. Most things I read said that people whose cycles did get screwy went back to normal after getting off vitex. I haven't thought about the recipe type thing just because I am taking most of those supplements already and my vitex says to just take it all the time! If you all do decide to take it please let me know how it goes! We should definitely keep in touch about it! I hope you guys figure out a solution smile.gif

Welcome suzie! I hope you get your BFP this time around!!!

Serena good luck still!!!
#13 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenyd View Post

If I don't get preg this month, I might try Vitex next month, I think I might have a hormonal imbalance. I'm having PMS symptoms around O, and from what I read that can mean an imbalance. Also, does anyone know about using mucinex for to thin the cervical mucus? I have noticed I don't have good quality cervical mucus in abundance like I used to. Can I use that with Vitex?

Serenyd - I think that I too had hormonal imbalances before... I started taking Estrotone over a year ago which is a blend of: Evening Primrose Oil, Schizandra, Ginger, Black Cohosh, Chaste Tree/Vitex and Rosemary. I really think it helped, I had raging mood swings, etc.... Then, once I started TTC I overly researched everything I was taking and could not find any concrete answers either way on the Vitex thing (did find that Black Cohosh is not good in early pregnancy). Vitex is a very powerful herb and great for lots of female things including fertility, but I think using it blindly = without the assistance of an herbalist, naturopath, etc... is unwise when TTC (just my opinion, I'm sure others will share their knowledge/experience as well). I stopped taking Estrotone once I started to TTC because I read so many conflicting things about Vitex during pregnancy (read a lot of good things about it too, but the negatives scared me away). One thing that most of the reliable resources agree on is that it is slow acting and most benefits come with long term use.

As for the cervical mucus thing... Someone mentioned it a while ago and again... I'm a bit of a research fanatic, so I googled it and found this site that offers some helpful info about it:

http://www.fertilityplus.com/faq/cm.html I haven't personally tried it but certainly wouldn't rule it out! Hope this helps:)

Congrats MamaMash! Hope to join you soon!!

Thanks for the kind welcome jjh5351!

Me (S) + my soulmate (D), together for 12 years. Joyfully added our sweet little boy, Gabriel, born at home on 9/21/13. We have 2 good dog2.gif  + 4 crazy cat.gif 
#14 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 02:05 PM

I'm all by myself allllll day today and I can't wait. Going to buy some dollar store tests now, I'm prepared for a BFN because its the middle of the day but I just woke up from a nap and have been holding my pee (sorry lol!). Ugh someone please send me to POAS anonymous!
#15 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 02:07 PM

I agree with suzie but for me the benefits outweighed the cons because I do have PCOS. Once I get a BFP I am going to wean off becuse I heard just quitting cold turkey can cause a mc.
#16 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 02:18 PM

I took EPO for acne once when I was breastfeeding, and it caused me to start bleeding (I wasn't having a period) so I quit. I'm a little wary of messing around with supplements because of that, and I don't have access to a naturopath or herbalist here, because I live in a small town. I'd be willing to try it if I can't get pregnant otherwise, but I'll be sure to read up on it beforehand. Thanks Suzie!

nak.gif Mommy to fencing.gifKai 2/03, hammer.gifCaden 1/08, energy.gif Kara 10/09, angel1.gif 3/21/13, &

rainbow1284.gif baby.gif  Cole 2/3/14 ♡ Happily unmarried to geek.gif Papa since 2002 ♡

~We may not have it all together  but together we have it all~ uc.jpgsaynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactivist.giflactivist.gif 

#17 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjh5351 View Post

I agree with suzie but for me the benefits outweighed the cons because I do have PCOS. Once I get a BFP I am going to wean off becuse I heard just quitting cold turkey can cause a mc.

I read the same thing about quitting cold turkey = mc which really scared me! I couldn't continue to take it though because it was included in the blend I was taking and I definitely had to stop taking the black cohosh that was in the herbal blend. I couldn't find any instructions on properly weaning yourself off of it. So, I just decreased my intake by half for 2 weeks and then stopped completely... I really miss the 'balance' I feel that the Estrotone gave me but know that it will be worth it if I get my BFP! 

#18 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 02:30 PM

Suzie- I think that's how I will wean off of vitex but there's no black cohosh in it so I am not as worried about taking it in very early pregnancy if it happens!
#19 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 02:33 PM

Hi everyone. I guess I'll be trying again this month. We'll see how things go. Still dealing with my early miscarriage ( i hate the term chemical pregnancy).

Good luck :)

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#20 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 02:37 PM

MamaMash Warm wishes for a healthy, uneventful pregnancy. Enjoy nourishing that little life within you and growing round and beautiful. You will be sorely missed here.

Serenyd Yes, I've heard of many mamas using mucinex to thin CM. It's the active ingredient, guafenesin, that thins nasal and chest secretions when you have a cold, making them easier to clear. It does the same to CM, making it thinner and more watery, potentially easier for sperm to navigate through. I don't think there is any contraindication to using it with Vitex but I've heard a lot on both sides of the Vitex debate. I know Maca is more popular over on the Saner TTC thread, many mamas over there indicated they had lots of side effects with Vitex and not with Maca, apparently you shouldn't take both together. Best of luck!!

Welcome.gifSuzie! I remember seeing you over at The One thread. I am not one to ask about symptom spotting, I cannot help it. I try very hard to not read into what I notice but it is so, so hard. Just when I think I know what to expect, how I will feel in the TWW, I notice something new and then am convinced I might be pregnant. It is frustrating and can drive you nuts!

AFM Glad to be heading back to work tomorrow. I cannot stop obsessing and I know the POAS every morning is not good for me either. *sigh* The tests, they call to me!! And the symptom spotting. Tired, lots of lotion-y CM and stabbing vaginal pains this afternoon. As always, not remotely conclusive. 10 or 11 DPO today so not much longer to wait and to know. Fx and lots of good vibes being sent out to you all goodvibes.gifHappy New Year!!!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

#21 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 02:39 PM

hug2.gif Hugs Dahlia. We cross posted. I think early miscarriage is much more appropriate myself. Please be sure to be good to yourself and take time to heal and process.

#22 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 03:18 PM

MamaMash please do keep in touch!! I'm going to miss having you and your input here! luxlove.gif

Happily married to my high school sweetheart, and mama to our baby girl luxlove.gif
#23 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 04:02 PM

Hii ladies I'm new here, I usually have a 28day cycle af was due the 21st of dec its now january no af an bfn on hpt...I tink I od ltr than expected due to stress, I bd the early hrs of the 17th and 25th of dec on the 29th dec I spotted two drops of pink blood, iv had wat feels like a uti I'm bloated irritable and tired I feel like iv had pms for wks now, , iv a cold, frequent urination BUT no bfp?a pls help
#24 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 04:04 PM

I really am sad to not have the December tww thread anymore! I may just chime in and say hi and such every so often here. I'm so happy to have gotten my BFP but I want all of you there with me. Conflicted feelings here 😕 I know there is still time for a few from that thread (sparkle becky katie jjh did i miss anyone?) so I'm holding out hope for them. Thanks for all the congrats again.
Dahlia! I'm still so pissed about your outcome. Ugh. I'll keep in touch though don't you worry. And I know you'll be in a due date club soon. ☺

Wife to an army guy. Mom to a sweet and fiesty 2 year old girl. Expecting dd2 in early September. joy.gif
#25 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 04:53 PM

Oh guys... Another symptom after my very obvious bfn earlier... My boobs (im way too much tmi today) are sooooo sore!! Could be AF coming but holy moly I never really have it this bad.
#26 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 05:05 PM

Good luck to all you ladies who are still in the game from December. Much love to you all.

AFM I took off tomorrow to just deal with my emotions. I'll be fine for a while, then out of no where, grief just hits me hard.

#27 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 05:05 PM

And thanks MamaMash, as always, you rock

#28 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 05:20 PM

Jj how many dpo are you? Anyone else testing in the next few days. I'm gonna hold out until AF comes

TTC#1 Since March 2008, PCOS and possible T-shaped uterus, divorced DH after 4 IUIs, hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, Currently with DB and bonus mom to his 3 children and our dogs Dexter and Morgan  grouphug.gifdog2.gif. Four more rounds of Clomid and IUI starting in December 2012 after trying naturally since June...

angel.gif
#29 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 05:30 PM

Dahlia- I thin a day off will do you good. You time is always a great thing. Take it easy smile.gif

Becky- I am like either 8-10 DPO or 6-9 lol I really have no idea. I'm thinking closer to 8-10 but I keep changing my mind. OPKs don't work for me because my urine is always too dilute but I am fairly certain I felt ovulation cramps. I'm really hoping this is a PG symptom and not me just thinking too hard about it greensad.gif
#30 of 986 Old 01-01-2013, 05:31 PM

Ok, so I went yesterday for my ultrasound. I had been told it would only be t/v, but when I got in there, they did both extra and internal, as well as kidneys! My original appt had been for 8 am, but when I got there, I discovered I had forgotten my purse at home, and with it my order, Photo ID, etc. I felt so stupid! And I live about 40 minutes away so no running back home to grab it. They told me they could work me back in at 1030, so I went home and got it. Of course, she couldn't really tell me anything, except that they were full of cysts. I wanted to see the screen so badly! Lol
I am a weird case of pcos, in that I have NEVER missed a period, and usually ovulate, although like sparkle, it varies widely from day 10-15!

But it was so painful, because they were pushing so hard on my cervix and upward, that I ended up actually crying. I have an extremely high pain tolerance, but it was just that bad. I felt like such a baby...

Anyway, that just leaves my LH and FSH bloodwork on CD 3 or 4. Waiting on AF so I can do that.

Wife, 27, to DH, 33, and Mama to DS1 Josiah - 8/09, DS2 James - 3/11, 10 angel babies, 3 foster children, and one adorable ALMOST ADOPTED son - 5/05 

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page