Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition - Page 21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#601 of 1523 Old 02-26-2013, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
chuord - for me, the OPK nearly always has a second line. It sometimes fades into positive and out, other times it goes from very light to positive the next day. The day after my first positive, I often get another positive, and sometimes I O that day. So, I think the only thing you can determine is if it is positive, it's likely you'll O within the next 24-48 hours, otherwise, I don't think you can reliably tell that you are going to O soon if the test is dark, but not positive.

That's nuts about holding off AF. I totally think we have control over our bodies, but we just need to learn how to exert that control.

Jpack - Good luck tomorrow! Do you get side effects from the clomid? I hope not. Are you going to trigger and IUI? Thanks for the enthusiasm about my cycle. I was thinking that my ambivalence might be due to the fact that not trying last cycle was AMAZING It was so relaxing and unstressful. Maybe I just want to feel those feelings again? Whatever it is, I'm going with it.

chrissy - Man! This confusion is never ending. I hope you get a clear answer soon!

sila - yay for preschool! that's great! As for the increase in FSH, I'm thinking that if you have a cohort of follicles that are clearly larger than others at this point, the FSH will likely just further mature that cohort. I base that on the fact that my doc said that our backup plan if this protocol is a bust is for me to use FSH once I have a dominant follicle >14mm. The FSH would then just help that follicle have a stronger O. So, I'm assuming that after the group of follicles gets to be a big enough size, the smaller ones just don't catch up. Not sure if that makes any sense or is even true, but maybe?

indie - Hope the timing works out! And, if this cycle is a bust, I hope you follow in that woman's footsteps.

daurelia - Yay for keeping busy! That sounds like a great plan.

AFM - When I started the natural cycle eval, I decided to start exercising more rigorously. My left knee got a bit swollen, but I just kept pushing myself and it actually felt better when I was exercising. Well, it's been about 3 weeks and it's still swollen, so I decided to go to the doc today. She thinks I have a torn ACL. I had 2 ACL reconstructions - one on each knee, so this would be a re-tear. I have an MRI on Friday. Even if it is torn, I'm not doing another surgery. But, not great news. I'll need to do physio regardless of what the MRI shows. Not looking forward to it. And, I can't workout anymore. I really hope I get knocked up soon so I can at least be pregnant and lazy instead of just lazy.

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#602 of 1523 Old 02-26-2013, 07:38 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

JPack - I hope the cd works and yay for starting clomid!

Chuord - I can't say. The first time I used them it went light (like yours) then dark, i.e both lines were the same, then light. Second time I tried it it was just super positive but the next day the test line was real light so that was a negative. Sorry I'm not more helpful. New to opk's.

SKJ - Ouch! So sorry about your knee. Hopefully you won't need surgery again.

AFM - Did I mention spotting? This morning I have major ewcm that was streaked red. A couple days back I had red then brown spotting all day. Want to symptom spot? LOL Increased hunger, decreased energy, tire easily, drinking more, no af, some cramping on left side.....I think that's about it. Looking back last year I was pg for 67 days, had a 15 day mc, then af arrived on cd46/47. This time, almost a year to the day, was pg for 43 days, had a 6 day mc and am on cd41/42. It's just so crazy making it's unreal.

Then to add more stress, tomorrow we find out if DS has adhd.

Me - 39 - mthfr c677t and multiple unknown caused m/c's
DH - 40 - old and cranky
DS - 6 - ASD and severe adhd
#603 of 1523 Old 02-26-2013, 07:39 PM

Mentioned: 319 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Thanks SKJ 😃 I'll do another tomorrow to see... Sorry about your knee, what a poo! I agree get knocked up so its not a problem to be a couch potato lol! 😜

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***
36***40
#604 of 1523 Old 02-26-2013, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Chrissy - No idea. Hang in there. I know how rough it can be. 

Jpack - LOVE relaxation tracks. How cool she made one for you. I've been doing tracks from Hypnobabies and Hypnobirthing (obviously not the birth specific ones!) because they are all I have lol. Ick Clomid. How have your side effects been in the past?

Chuord - Well the original pool was built in like 1964, so this will be a major improvement! The biggest feature is that it will be a salt water pool (like most newer pools are now). So much nicer on the hair, skin, and bathing suit! I'm no good with opks sorry! They don't work for me.

SKJ - You are totally right! That is exactly what he is doing! I have 2-4 lead follicles? They measured so many I lost track. The other measurable ones are smaller (11-13mm) and they shouldn't be able to catch up. come on good eggs! Sorry about the exercise situation. How about swimming to take pressure off the knee?

AFM - Speaking of exercise. Last week I went into one of my monitoring appts in my workout clothes and my RE reminded me that once we got closer he wanted me to modify my exercise. Today he said no more running. Nothing that will bounce my ovaries/follicles around too much. I might go crazy! Keep me sane guys!

Off to give myself a shot in my belly and hopefully our last sexy time so we can "save up" for the iui ;)

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#605 of 1523 Old 02-27-2013, 07:55 AM

oh, crissy, i really hope this is something new! i wish we could speed time up just a little so you could get peace of mind one way or another. the symptoms sound promising...

skj - OUCH on the knee! will be hoping for a good excuse for laziness in your near future :)

chuord - i agree with skj about the opks situation. i only use digital opks for this very reason... trying to decipher lines is just too much work! i prefer a no-confusion digital smiley face :) also, i think you asked me a while back if I am PCOS. Sadly, no, I have the opposite problem - diminished ovarian reserve. I have a regular cycle but a lower follicle count. I'm assuming this was the case for my mother as well, though she never had any kind of diagnostics. and, yes, the travel is so complicated. what makes my type of work difficult is that i do leadership training events where if i cancel or am "sick" then the whole event has to be canceled so it affects a lot of people. so there's not much room moving my schedule around... i have to work with what i've got. and, you know, infertility treatments are crazy expensive so i do need the cash! i can't remember... do you have a diagnosis? are you PCOS?  Hoping O shows up for you at just the right time :)

jpack - i know! i wish i was getting a free cycle out of all this nonsense, too! my hope is that penance will be paid through other accommodations :) love the relaxation cd! that reminds me that i need to get back to listening to my hypnosis cds... i don't know if i mentioned here, but after my one hypnosis session i had a lovely dream where dh and i were laying in bed playing with our daughter. in the dream i was playing with her feet, telling her she had "mommy's feet". it was so nice to have a dream about having a biological child... i think that dream was unlocked because of the hypno session... excited for you to start clomid! hey, it worked last time! now we just need it to work AND stick!

hope everyone else is happy and well!

ETA: Sila... don't save up too much! I know studies say that you don't want any more than 2 days worth of "saving" :)

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#606 of 1523 Old 02-27-2013, 12:24 PM

Quicky - I have cramps and spotting!! BFN on frer so fingers crossed this is it. Been kinda bouncing around and DH asked what I was doing. I told him I'm trying to jiggle start af. lol

DH - 40 - old and cranky
#607 of 1523 Old 02-27-2013, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Baby stopped growing at 8w1d. I'm not really surprised but it still hurts.

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
recurrent miscarriages IVF 2/13@10w , FET 6/13@7w, IVF 10/13@4w, FET 2/14 @4w
Failed IVF 5/14, IVF OHSS Freeze all with PGD 8/14- 6 PGD normal embryos
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Cautiously expecting TWINS after FET of 2 PGD normal 5 day blastocysts 9/13/14
***4******12***16***20***24***28***32***36* **40
#608 of 1523 Old 02-27-2013, 01:24 PM

Oh no, tf. No. I'm so super sorry. Crying for you.

DH - 40 - old and cranky
#609 of 1523 Old 02-27-2013, 01:31 PM

Oh tf! I'm so so sorry. My heart is broken for you. I hate this unfair world of IF that we live in. I don't know what to say. Please know that I'm thinking of you and your family right now.

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#610 of 1523 Old 02-27-2013, 01:35 PM

i don't even know what to say. toothfairy, i'm so sorry. i hate that your intuition was right. this is just so incredibly unfair. you know we are here for you.

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#611 of 1523 Old 02-27-2013, 01:52 PM

Oh TF - I'm so sorry. This totally sucks and isn't right at all, I wish there was something, anything we could do to help with the pain... Lots of prayers for you both xxx

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
36***40
#612 of 1523 Old 02-27-2013, 02:16 PM

Tf - all of us are sharing in your pain. Hugs and healing to you and dh.

DH - 40 - old and cranky
#613 of 1523 Old 02-27-2013, 03:02 PM

I'm so, so so sorry TF. I lost one at 8 weeks too. It's terrible because it starts to feel more real at that point. I hope you are taking care of yourself and doing nice things for yourself.

Happily married for 5 years. Tried for our first baby 6/2011, got preg right away, and miscarried. Took a 4 month break, and then had nothing but infertility & a few early miscarriages until 12/2012 when we learned I had a lumpy edge in my uterus. Doc removed it and now we are trying again....

#614 of 1523 Old 02-27-2013, 05:50 PM

TF, I'm so, so sorry. I know that doesn't help, and I wish there was something else for me to say that would help. I am heartbroken for you.

Bebe (37) & Hubby (37) married since 2010 and have one sweet girl (1).
#615 of 1523 Old 02-27-2013, 06:38 PM

TF, as you know, I am so, so sorry for your loss. It's a tragedy and a very, very awful thing. I am so, so sorry. I hope they were nice to you at OBs office, and I hope you feel OK asking for whatever help and support you need from friends and family. Sending you a big hug!

J(30) + J(34) = E(6/2009)  ...  + ?(?)  

We homebirth.jpgtreehugger.gifcd.gif and so on...joy.gif

#616 of 1523 Old 02-27-2013, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

hugs for your hurt

some of the greatest things

cannot be held

or touched by your hands

but held and touched in your heart

and this is where you have an empty spot tonight

anger for the unfairness

tears for your ache

i am so sorry

i am so ...WHY...I'm sure we all are...

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
#617 of 1523 Old 02-27-2013, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

candle.gif hug2.gif

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#618 of 1523 Old 02-28-2013, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

So, a little disappointed after my monitoring appt today. But, just trying to take it in stride and trust this whole process. Really no change in progress since Tuesday appt. Even with the upped dose. The PA said that because I have sensitive ovaries (lots of follicles) be need to just be patient and take it slow and let them grow at their own pace and not rush anything. Which I totally agree. Next appt is Sat. Looks like we won't be doing IUI's until next week then. My ovaries are really getting achy. Kudos to all of you that have gone through IVF stimming! 

Indie - No worries, we totally realized it was too early to "save up" even if we would have been doing IUI this weekend and DH talked me into fixing that right away...

First day of preschool went fabulous!

#619 of 1523 Old 02-28-2013, 03:14 PM

Sila - Sorry there's been no change. Hang in there and I'm glad preschool went well.

AFM - CD2!!!!!!!

DH - 40 - old and cranky
#620 of 1523 Old 02-28-2013, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Chrissy - About f'ing time!!!!

AFM - Talked to my RE (he has 2 offices and somehow my appts keep being on the days when he's not at the one I go to, so he calls later after my blood results). He wants me to go back down to 75iu. Whatevs. Grow follies grow. But not all of you ok.

#621 of 1523 Old 02-28-2013, 03:42 PM

Morning ladies! Hoping that everyone is starting to find peace after yesterday's nightmare, TF I know you won't be yet, I second please let us know if there is anything we can do for you 💔💔💔💔 huge hugs, even dh was saddened when I told him. I'm not sure if you all read the tww forum but mamacats posted a beautiful story and I needed to share it here...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaBlue View Post

I just had to share some good news that a friend just shared with me.

After years of TTC and running the whole gamut of fertility treatments, including IVF with failed transfers, she found out she is pregnant with a surprise baby! She's 12 weeks and still can't believe it. I am so, so happy for her and her husband! It couldn't have happened to a nicer couple. It reminds me that the unexpected can and does happen. smile.gif

May it be catching! Hugs to all xxxxx

Sila - at this stage just keep your calm going, I think you have to trust that they will get you there... As SKJ has said sometimes a longer stim/lp is better egg/s? I hope so - my opk went positive yesterday so prob ovulate today or tomorrow - cd19-20 lol so I'm already there!
Hugs on the painful ovaries 😞 you're right we don't hear much pain on here so you forget how hard the process is... Heads up ladies I'm not good with pain!
Chrissy - yay for good solid AF, and onto a 'normal' cycle for you

36***40
#622 of 1523 Old 03-01-2013, 08:04 AM

TF, I hope you are doing OK. You've been in my thoughts.

Sila- how are things going now? Any updates?

Mindless Chrissy--- good luck with this cycle! Sometimes those pre-O days are just so slooowww going....

AFM... I'm OK. I'm like 8 DPO and trying not to obsess. I've been having this leaky discharge, which is weird. Also having some early signs of pregnancy (sore boobs in particular) BUT I think it's probably just due to the progesterone pills I'm taking. 

Happily married for 5 years. Tried for our first baby 6/2011, got preg right away, and miscarried. Took a 4 month break, and then had nothing but infertility & a few early miscarriages until 12/2012 when we learned I had a lumpy edge in my uterus. Doc removed it and now we are trying again....

#623 of 1523 Old 03-01-2013, 01:30 PM

sherry - what you wrote was so beautiful. Thanks for sharing that with us.

TF - I'm constantly thinking of you. I'm just so broken up about what you are going through I'm so very sorry. I wish I could do something to take the pain away.

chuord - Hooray for O! I O'ed on CD 21 or 22 this month. Hoping for some lucky later ovulation.

sila - How big were your lead follicles on the last u/s? I hope your next u/s shows that you can trigger! I'm so excited for you!!

Chrissy - Hooray for starting a new cycle. Finally!

Daurelia - When is your beta? Are you planning on testing? I hope it's not the progesterone and it's the real deal!!

AFM - I think I'm 5 or 6 DPO. I did an HPT yesterday night and it was a BFN. So, the trigger was out pretty quickly I have to say that it still made me sad to see a BFN. Anyways, I did another ovidrel last night and my beta is a week from today. I think I'm going to test on Thursday or Friday. I guess it depends how I"m feeling. I really don't want the nurse to be the one to tell me the test was negative or positive, you know?

I had my MRI this morning and I got a CD of all the images. I have no idea what I'm looking at, but man is it cool. My doc is out of town until March 11, so it's gonna be awhile before I know how bad my knee is.

#624 of 1523 Old 03-01-2013, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Duarelia - Lots of EWCM. That's my only update lol! Hang in there! You're almost in the I actually could be pregnant range! What business do you have planned for the weekend? Ugh, not looking forward to my upcoming progesterone fake out symptoms. But looking forward to starting something new ya know.

SKJ - 15mm? There might have been an almost 17mm in there? There were so many (yikes!) I lost track and I forgot to ask. I would love for them to be big enough to trigger tomorrow because I'm having some schedule conflict if we need to do an IUI on Tues...my RE is really picky about triggering though and I doubt I could talk him into letting me trigger if they almost almost as big as he wants. Oh well, whatever happens happens. Woah, did I miss why you are doing 2 Ovidrel? How is the Lovenox by the way? They're injections right? How is that going? I always love being able to see my insides too! Too cool!

AFM - Yesterday I had an insane amount of energy! Today I can't decide if I'm getting a cold or flu or if it's the meds or what! Crazy roller coaster this is. Just to make you all jealous, had a great morning at the beach today :)

#625 of 1523 Old 03-01-2013, 05:08 PM

Hi friends. Just wanted to say thanks to each of you for all your kindness & consideration of me & DH & little B. It really means a lot that you all care & understand, truly understand what this feels like. 90% of the time I feel fine, positive, realistic... That other 10% comes on out of no where but most of the time it's fleeting. Night time has been bad, all the pent up emotion of the day. I really do know we will be okay & just want to get to our next transfer to try again. I will never forget this baby but I want our take home miracle. We aren't doing genetic testing after all since it would cost $1800 & our 2 frosties can't be checked at this point anyway. Oh & I had a d&c this afternoon. I understand the benefits of going naturally but I just wanted it over, I needed to wake up & know we are on our way to trying again. We decided on it being a girl after all & named her Coeli (chay lee), it is Latin for heaven & it was the first girls name we both liked years ago (and decided against it due to difficult pronunciation). It was too small to say boy or girl without genetic testing. So tonight I'm watching movies with my mom, spotting & healing.

Sila- glad to hear you're making some progress, hopefully your timing works out so it doesn't mess up your schedule. I'm so jealous of your beach day. We hit 45 today, progress!

Daurelia- progesterone symptoms are the worst! Hope another few days gives you a good answer!

SKJ- hope your knee doesn't cause too much trouble & you won't have to address it because this cycle works. What dose of ovedril did you take? 6 days seems fast to get out! What does the lovenox do?

Chrissy- glad you're getting a fresh start.

Chourd- hope O turns up & you can get to the 2ww!

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

#626 of 1523 Old 03-01-2013, 06:12 PM

Oh TF I am so sorry to hear this news greensad.gif I am so sad!! I know I haven't been around much but i do  I stalk every now and then wink1.gif

I am glad you are healing and so happy that you have 2 more frozen babies!!

Love to you ALL grouphug.gif

Me (40) dishes.gif    DH (39) geek.gif      DD (21) hearts.gif      DD (13) hippie.gif       2 angel3.gifangel3.gif   ......

5 failed IUI's all with clomid and injectables, first IVF failed.. 3 ER none made it to ET, fet scheduled for June 21  

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 stork-boy.gif* * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * * 40

#627 of 1523 Old 03-01-2013, 08:13 PM

Hi shell 😃

TF - I'm almost in tears as I'm so impressed with your attitude, you have a fantastic outlook... I asked my healing lady about mine, she said I was right and they weren't meant to be with me - but had moved on to the right family... It made it seem easier. Yay for two more frozen embryo's! And I agree with the d&c - sometimes speed is of the essence with healing xxx

SKJ - wow 3 acl injuries?! You must be a total exercise junkie 😃 I so wish I was... I agree with TF - here's hoping this is your cycle and to your leg just coming right (I'm an optimist lol)
Chrissy is AF over?
Sila, daurelia - I think I'm almost in the tww with you guys - and SKJ, indie / who else is at that stage?
Indie, msD, everyone - how are you traveling?

36***40
#628 of 1523 Old 03-02-2013, 10:51 AM

Daurelia - welcome!

Sila - congrats on DS getting into preschool. Glad to hear its going well. I sent my DS first preschool application for our 1st choice in January. Our backup preschool is opening their wait-list on Monday, I have a reminder set to call and put him on the list. He will be 3 this year, so if he doesn't get in, it's ok - will wait until he turns 4 to be more proactive on preschools.

Chrissy - will be curious to hear your ADHD results. Your DS is 4?

TF - I am so, so, very sorry to hear your news! I am keeping you guys in my thoughts and hope you heal up (physically and mentally) quickly.

AFM - been having a hard time getting DS to bed at night, which translates into very late nights. DH gets frustrated and doesn't wait for me to come to bed, which means no BDing. I think we already missed our window this month. Just frustrating all around.

DS ( 9/2010) and TTC #2 fingersx.gif

#629 of 1523 Old 03-02-2013, 11:08 AM

There are literally 3 teeny tiny infants around us at lunch. It's a small place & they're everywhere I look. Somehow I'm not hungry anymore....

#630 of 1523 Old 03-02-2013, 11:59 AM

ugh... i'm sorry, tf. this is so unfair. treat yourself to a cocktail. and some chocolate. i wish i had better advice, but i don't. thinking of you constantly.

everyone else, hi and i'll be back later...

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page