Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition - Page 25 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#721 of 1519 Old 03-08-2013, 11:18 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Stalking... It's 2:18...

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#722 of 1519 Old 03-08-2013, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toothfairy2be View Post

Stalking... It's 2:18...

I'm on central time greensad.gif I'm hoping the next hour flies by.

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#723 of 1519 Old 03-08-2013, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

TF - I love therapy. I've spent tons of time in therapy in the past ( eating disorders recovery) and I miss it. I really hope it helps you. I know where you should go on a trip, California!!!

Daurelia - I'm so sorry that today confirmed what you already thought. 

Indie - I hope you're recovering nicely at home now!

SKJ - Ok I get it now. Very interesting. I hope all the rpl stuff comes back negative and you can have the pregnancy and baby you desire. Stalking...

AFM - I think the progesterone is bugging me. I feel all itchy down there. Otherwise I finally feel like myself. Sickness is gone!

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#724 of 1519 Old 03-08-2013, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Wow so much has happened while I was sleeping lol...
TF - that was a good q - do you use opk's after a d&c? I mean although I expect this cycle to be for healing, would you test as well.. Sorry I'm a curious one... Also - no sensitivity' what is this method/product? I want to whiten mine, but have sensitive teeth and my dentist said it was better not to. You fill me with hope 😃. Hope that you liked your therapists personality and that it was a good match for you - I found it makes all the difference btw here an hour costs $180 and that was 5 years ago!
Jpack - here's to rapidly progressing follies! You are actively ttc this month right? I get confused which procedures conflict etc 😳

Sila - so glad you are feeling like yourself again! Here's to your uterus being popular realestate over the next week - with lots of new residents! Sila re itchy - any chance it's just thrush? I read somewhere yesterday that pg style hormones increase the likelihood by 4... Although the last thing you need would be another cream to add to the mix!
SKJ - I'm with everyone else, this is exciting beyond words!!! I'm soo hoping for you, btw how many dpo are you? I mean if the tests say it was the ovidril - pg could happen in a few days?
Indie - thank you, I think I'm no different to everyone else - you all always write such kind things 😄 hope everything went well today, if she was doing so much today, why not do it all and not go back on Monday? Lol I'm soo nosey!
Daurelia - hugs, what a poo that you think you're out... Here's hoping next cycle it happens for you
Chrissy, shell, Gtree, bebe - hi there, anything exciting happening for you?

Afm- lying awake 643am, this mornings temp was down by .05 of a degree (almost the same as my last rise) 8dpo and I'm not due AF for another 4-5 days so still no clue, I'm still hopeful but with no great expectations - lol not too miserable but a little disappointed... I think I was hoping for dramatic obvious signs... I haven't poas yet at all, but am thinking of indulging maybe from this morning? As I have 25 cheapies and then digi's for when I know it... Plenty to waste - just not sure if a negative will be upsetting... Dilemma dilemma - lol I so need a real occupation - yesterday I checked the forum every hour or so, read all the good pg info sites thanks to evil google, and even looked at random chart images 😌 hence my get a life suggestion to myself - its time when I'm like this after my 4 months trying that I am soooo full of admiration for you ladies!! Your patience and dedication deserves awards!

me 39, DH 39, one no babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties in waiting. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July... BFP! 15dpo 336 hcg, 17dpo 681 hcg... Looking good so far
#725 of 1519 Old 03-08-2013, 12:56 PM

skj - pinsandneedlespinsandneedlespinsandneedles

afm - so my appt was all kinds of good. Dr. P was running late because she had a "very sweet couple" who she's been working with for a long time have a negative outcome (she was intentionally vague but it sounded like a miscarriage after IVF) and she wanted to be the one to do the procedure rather than have them see the doc on call. she felt that after all they've been through that she needed to be the one to take care of them. LOVE HER FOR THAT. i told her that's exactly why i am so happy with her. she then apologized for me having to drive all the way down and wait for such a simple appt (basically just to go over what was going to happen during the procedure on monday and it's obviously not a big deal procedure) but it did allow us to talk some more about IVF and this is what we discussed:

1. she wanted to again make sure i was clear that this is the first time she would be using this particular protocol. she said her nurse keeps saying to her "are you sure???" it's the fact that it is a combination of an antagonist and micro dose lupron flare that is the "new" part. traditionally those are separate protocols so this is the first time she's seen both lupron and ganilarex used in this way. she said she's very comfortable with the physiology behind the protocol, but just wants me to know that this an experiment for us both. but she also said she is excited to try it out. 

2. she confirmed that the reason i am going to be under anesthesia during the hysteroscopy on monday is so she can be ready to remove anything if need be. so that's good.

3. i was totally surprised but she was very much on board with my thoughts on doing two months of lupron in between egg retrieval and embryo transfer. she said that it made total sense both given my history with endo and that there are slightly better results with FET verses live transfers. so i am going to talk this through with dh but i'm already feeling very good about this plan for a number of reasons. she said the only downsides would be that it is possible that i could be over suppressed and would have to wait a cycle or two beyond the two lupron cycles to get my lining built back up. 

so, the reasons i'm leaning towards doing this:

1. i feel like i have to protect whatever embryos i am able to get. i am very nervous about "wasting" embryos by putting them back in a less-than-ideal environment.

2. i know that it's very likely that endo is already back and then you add to it the huge increase in estrogen i will put my body through with an IVF cycle and it's pretty much a guarantee. 

3. *if* i had a beta 3 integrin issue, lupron would be the treatment anyway

4. even without endo or beta 3 integrin issues factored in... i already know that the period of time between starting stims and holding our breath through fertilization will likely be THE MOST STRESSFUL THING I HAVE EVER BEEN THROUGH simply because i'm already set up to not be a good responder to medications and so i will not be able to help stressing over each and every monitoring appointment and phone call with results through that whole process. i feel like after all of that emotional stress and all of the hormones that will have been pumped into my body... it just wouldn't be an ideal time for an embryo to comfortably implant and grow. so i really love the idea of giving my body (and my mind) a chance to recover and be as healthy as possible before putting my babies in, you know?

5. i'm not worried about my age when it comes to being a parent... i feel like i am at the best time in my life to be the best parent i can be. so i'm not worried about adding on an extra couple of months until i'm pregnant. what i am worried about are my eggs. and so that part HAS to be addressed ASAP. 

anyway, thanks for letting me work this out here. any input or push back on my thinking is much appreciated :)

ETA: my doc again made it a point of letting me know that they would not normally do all of this preemptive stuff for someone who has never had a failed IVF since the odds are that i would be successful without all the "extra" measures but that she is happy to do this since i have done my research, what i'm asking makes sense, and it's important to me. i am SO thankful to have a doctor who is this easy to work with. SO freaking thankful.

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#726 of 1519 Old 03-08-2013, 12:56 PM

I forgot to add, I've been checking out handmade glass beads (Australian) and have found some great stuff - a little out of budget for me at $59-80 per bead lol! But some wonderful pregnant goddesses with curvaceous motherly figures... So still looking but having a ball, thanks so much for the distraction TF!

me 39, DH 39, one no babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties in waiting. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July... BFP! 15dpo 336 hcg, 17dpo 681 hcg... Looking good so far
#727 of 1519 Old 03-08-2013, 01:44 PM

Time change booo. That means it is 3:44 now.... Waiting....

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#728 of 1519 Old 03-08-2013, 02:04 PM

The called. They cannot find my results. Are you kidding me? I haven't breathed for the last 2 hours greensad.gif

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#729 of 1519 Old 03-08-2013, 02:09 PM

Won't hear anything until Monday

#730 of 1519 Old 03-08-2013, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

How does that even happen?!?! Can't they call the lab??? 

When is AF due? I guess if she doesn't come that's a good sign...

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#731 of 1519 Old 03-08-2013, 02:27 PM

I just emailed the doctor to get her thoughts. The nurse called the lab and said they didn't have the b/w. So, who the f knows what's going on. As for AF, if I go by last month, she was due a week ago smile.gif In other words, who the heck knows. I told my self no more POAS, but without a beta, I think I'm gonna do another test. Will wait to see if the doc emails me.

#732 of 1519 Old 03-08-2013, 02:39 PM

Holy crap how does that even happen....

#733 of 1519 Old 03-08-2013, 02:49 PM

Man that sucks big time... A place that loses patients bloodwork?? Well the silver lining is you said you would prefer not to find out from them.... Poas to your hearts content! Fx, and evil looks to the pathologists!

#734 of 1519 Old 03-08-2013, 02:52 PM

Oh man. What a total clusterf*ck.

So, I emailed my doc about the fact that the nurse called (Nurse P) and that I asked about going to a lab tonight or tomorrow, but that the nurse said to just wait to Monday. I asked if she thought I could go to a close by lab b/c this is extremely stressful. So, who calls back, but nurse P. Awkward! She asked if I called the doctor. Super awkward! But, then she called the lab near my house, which is now closed, but open tomorrow. So, I'm going in at 8am, and the lab is going to call my doc with the results and my doc is going to call me. What a total disaster.

I POAS and it was positive within less than a minute, but the line is lighter, likely b/c I used FMU yesterday and my pee was light yellow now. Anyways, who the hell knows. I think I'm pregnant, but I guess I can't be 100% sure until tomorrow.

I also asked about coming in for more labs and the nurse said to come in Monday or Tuesday. I'm going to see if I can go to the lab by my house again on Monday b/c it's WAY more convenient.

#735 of 1519 Old 03-08-2013, 03:01 PM

I'm sorry this is so stressful for you :( I can't imagine not getting answers especially when you are so desperate to know either way. Try not to worry about the darkness of the lines... those things are made to mess with your head. Hope everything goes well tomorrow and you can go to the convenient place again Monday... be thinking of you!

#736 of 1519 Old 03-08-2013, 03:24 PM

skj - this blows so much. i'm so sorry. why is every step so frickin complicated??? i am very sure that you are truly pregnant, that line is way too dark/came up way too quickly to be more than a week old leftover trigger. i just hate that your betas are now pushed back by a day greensad.gif

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#737 of 1519 Old 03-08-2013, 03:56 PM

SKJ - I totally agree with indie and TF - it seems way too fast for it not to be a positive.... Yay that you can at least get tests tomorrow morning - FX'd!!!!! Still so exciting!!!!
Afm - thanks so much for the inlaw support - lol it's a special gift I have to attract men with problem parents! So I broke all the online guidance and tested this morning - lol it could not have been more negative if it tried 😝 lol serves me right... So I'm ignoring and living vicariously through your journeys instead xxx

#738 of 1519 Old 03-08-2013, 04:22 PM

SKJ I am so, so sorry, what a disaster! That's so terrible, and awkward, and infuriating! I do think the line darkness is most influenced by concentration - days of difference in hcg made up by how much you've had to drink- I'm with Indie- positive thinking, this is it! wink1.gif

J(30) + J(34) = E(6/2009)  ...  + ?(?)  

We homebirth.jpgtreehugger.gifcd.gif and so on...joy.gif

#739 of 1519 Old 03-08-2013, 06:05 PM

Thanks ladies. I appreciate the solidarity in my outrage smile.gif I was thinking that I had prepared myself for all possible outcomes of the phone call - not pg, low beta, good beta - but I did NOT think of the NO beta outcome smile.gif I fluctuate between being SURE this is it and being totally scared that I'm not even pregnant and I'm making this big fuss for nothing. I wish I could just have a huge glass of wine and not think about any of this.

#740 of 1519 Old 03-09-2013, 05:15 AM

Found my labs: beta 78, p4: 40, e2: 250

#741 of 1519 Old 03-09-2013, 05:31 AM

Wow! Well, it's not the trigger! And you progesterone is great! I think that's a great number for what, 13dpo? I'm thrilled for you SKJ!

#742 of 1519 Old 03-09-2013, 05:34 AM

All of those numbers sound perfect!! Yay!!!!

#743 of 1519 Old 03-09-2013, 05:35 AM

Thanks jpack! Yesterday was 14 days after the ovulation trigger, so between 12 and 13 dpo. Definitely my best first beta so far. I'm on prometrium, so I expected a good p4, but not that high.

Cautiously optimistic for Monday.

#744 of 1519 Old 03-09-2013, 05:39 AM

this is a huge win, skj!! that p4 tells the story! eeek! i really think this is it mama!

#745 of 1519 Old 03-09-2013, 05:48 AM

Are you on oral prometrium or suppository? The vaginal doesnt show up in bloodwork so if that's the case that 40 is alllll you!

#746 of 1519 Old 03-09-2013, 05:50 AM

Thanks ladies. It means a lot <3

#747 of 1519 Old 03-09-2013, 05:52 AM

tf - oral smile.gif but, I think my own p4 has to be good even still. I think bebe's p4 was in the 50's and she was on twice a day oral prometrium? Maybe it was vaginally? In any case, I think it's good regardless bc don't they say anything over 15 is good for a medicated cycle? Is that with oral p4?

#748 of 1519 Old 03-09-2013, 06:17 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Yay SKJ!! Congrats sweetie.

Me - 39
DH - 40
DS - 6 ASD and severe adhd
#749 of 1519 Old 03-09-2013, 06:30 AM

I'm so excited for you!!!! Eeeeeeee!!!

Ok, so lets go over your treatment, yeah? wink1.gif

#750 of 1519 Old 03-09-2013, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter

Great SKJ!!!!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page