Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition - Page 27 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#781 of 1519 Old 03-11-2013, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Skj - oh poo!!! That's not what I wanted to wake up to... Is there any chance the hcg could just be moving slowly? Do the low E2 and progesterone mean its failing? Sorry about the questions - I'm just hoping there's hope... Huge hugs, hoping your excellent RE has a possible solution to try.

Jpack - I'm with SKJ, lol bd just in case is a great ideaūüėÉ

Sila - lol it's 621am on Tuesday ūüėú so good guess! What day are you up to? Getting any symptoms apart from the traumatized uterus?

Daurelia- sorry you had a sneaky delayed AF... I'm glad that you were at to calm yourself down, you're right there is time - but that doesn't slow down the need or the desire... Fx it happens for you soon.

Indie - hello there, hope it went well? (Monday right)

Afm - thanks so much for the comments on my chart - it meant a lot... So Sunday and Monday I was so lethargic and tired, I lay down for naps both days - which is weird dh naps a lot, and but I don't even when he begs me to nap with him... Yesterday I was soo tired I could have dozed all day, I only remember being like that when pregnant before... Also although the odd spotting have been getting (tmi) yellow creamy cm... no strict nausea but the hormones are affecting my tummy.. So I was almost convinced it was true - despite the most negative tests.. This morning my temp is halfway back to the coverline ūüėě so although I'll test shortly, AF is due tomorrow and I'm back in no clue land lol... Which SKJ is why I'm really gunning for you - we need one out if the two of us at least to work out.

me 39, DH 39, one cat.gifno babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now whistling.gif (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.
#782 of 1519 Old 03-11-2013, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

skj - feel free to shoot me if i get to pollyanna on you... but i am really curious to hear what your doc says. if we didn't know that your p4 and e2 had fallen, we would still think those are good numbers... will be interested in hearing if it has anything to do with ovidrel wearing off and now you are seeing your "true" p4/e2/hcg...and if so... those would still be good numbers, right?

ugh. feel free to punch me in the face. i'm sorry you are going through this bullish*t yet again. 

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#783 of 1519 Old 03-11-2013, 01:48 PM

Thanks for the explanation indie! It's given me a bit more hope for SKJ anyway - soo hoping this one is a fighter like you SKJ!

me 39, DH 39, one cat.gifno babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now whistling.gif (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.
#784 of 1519 Old 03-11-2013, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

SKJ - Indie went all smart pants and totally rationalized things. Get that nurse on the phone asap. You never know with the cramping...

Chuord - It's Monday afternoon for me! How many days after ovulation do you normally get full AF? And you don't usually spot before do you!

Duarelia - The itchy is better thank goodness. The funny pain I have been feeling I think might just be my cervix being irritated by the progesterone because sometimes I get a funny zing shooting up there! Boobs were all tingly this morning/day which is a normal progesterone thing for me. Craaaaazy dreams....

Got to go I'll be back later if I can!

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#785 of 1519 Old 03-11-2013, 02:11 PM

Sila - it's so annoying that the progesterone imitates the symptoms! Have fun
I'm usually a 31-32 day cycle today is 30... Yes I do sometimes get spotting before, but never any side effects except maybe cramping... The fatigue I'm holding onto as a sign of hope lol... Just did a hpt - bfn again lol

#786 of 1519 Old 03-11-2013, 02:31 PM

toothfairy - i always initially type 'tootfairy' and then giggle like a 9year old boy- anyway, been wanting to respond to your post about sex hurting like it did before your lap. all i can say is that for me, a miscarriage exasperated my endo. i wouldn't be surprised if it is flaring up for you. you are not broken. but you may want to talk to your doc about treatment? don't let him blow you off. there are things that can be done.

afm - hysteroscopy went fine. they scraped away some "fluff". OR nurse said if an embryo attempted to implant in that "fluff" that it "wouldn't last long". i guess that's why hysteroscopies in one or two cycles preceeding ivf can double ivf pregnancy rates. took me a long time to recover from anesthesia. still feel a little "off".

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#787 of 1519 Old 03-11-2013, 02:32 PM

everyone else - hi and i will be back later for personals

#788 of 1519 Old 03-11-2013, 02:37 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hi ladies! So much going on. I'll be on tonight with personals.

Oh how I just laughed over the "tootfairy" remark.

Me - 39
DH - 40
DS - 5 ASD and severe adhd
#789 of 1519 Old 03-11-2013, 03:10 PM

On my phone. Quick update. My email to doc

"So, I just heard back on my results from Pat. They look pretty grim. I just was wondering what level of hope I should have. Given my last two losses, today's results seem to indicate a similar trend.

I'm especially concerned because my progesterone level dropped significantly. My question was whether the second ovidrel shot would have influenced my first set of labs. Could that have made my P4 and HCG higher initially? That would make me somewhat hopeful about today's numbers. Otherwise, it looks to be another early loss.

If it is another loss, is there anything else we can do to prevent another one, or am I destined to just keep experience losses until I get lucky?"

Her response:
"I have lots of hope your P level is better than in previous pregnancies, also- yes- second ovidrel contributes to the first hcg level."

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#790 of 1519 Old 03-11-2013, 03:44 PM

SKJ - glad she got right back to you... That confirms indies thoughts right? Ok fx and praying like mad for you mamma!

#791 of 1519 Old 03-11-2013, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

SKJ - Glad she responded so quickly! Still on team hope over here.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#792 of 1519 Old 03-11-2013, 04:04 PM

Indie - take care if you today.. Will send both you and SKJ some frequencies xxx

#793 of 1519 Old 03-11-2013, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Indie- interesting about the fluff... I wang to ask my doc about an endometrial
Biopsy when I go in for consent signing. Y impatience makes me want to ignore the endo. I started the wobenzym tonight & have been back in pycnogenol for a few days. I'm hoping 8 weeks of that will be enough. I could do a month of BCPs then lulron before transfer but I don't think that will be as good for us. Ugh, decisions decisions. Glad everything went okay today even if the anesthetic was a little rough. No polyps though, right?!

SKJ- I'm so sorry you're going through this again. It could def be the trigger still messing with your #s. as far as the progesterone & estrogen those levels still sound good, it may just be leveling out. You go back in 2 days? Prayers for you.

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#794 of 1519 Old 03-11-2013, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

SKJ - I'm glad your doc got back to you so quickly and she still has hope for you. We all do, too. hugs to you.

Indie - When I read about your "fluff" I had an image of dust bunnies. lol Hope you're feeling better.

Chuord - Hope you get great news soon!

Sila - thinking of you

TF - Thinking of you too and hope you're healing okay.

AFM - cd13 and hoping o is around the corner. Every other day bd'ing since cd11.Outside of that, in limbo where DS is concerned. Might have to find a new therapist. One who does what they say and in a timely manner.

Me - 39
DH - 40
DS - 5 ASD and severe adhd
#795 of 1519 Old 03-12-2013, 07:38 AM

SKJ that was a really heartening response from your doc! That's amazing about your "success" rate and I think it bodes well once your AMAZING doc can narrow down the issues. Big hug! Boy, I do not envy you in beta he-double-hockey-sticks!

Chrissy Good luck with the therapist. I'm clearly and advocate for changing til you find the right one!

:)

Indie - sorry about the anesthesia! I hope you're back to normal now, hope you have a great day!

TF - I think you're really on to something with the supplements, and I really hope you feel a difference soon. Sorry you had to wait so long for it!

Chuord, sorry about your BFNs my dear. Well, good luck when you wake up Wednesday morning! :)

Sila - how are you feeling?

AFM monitoring this am - it's really just one follicle, now at 20ish. I haven't triggered, haven't heard back, and don't know about the IUI timing or anything.

I was so stressed out yesterday. The positive OPK really threw me, and then I had ovarian pressure (on both sides, even though the only one was on the right? I guess it was worse on the right) and I was so upset about the bad timing, about ovulating early, and about all this other non-IF stuff I have going on. I was wound up really tight yesterday afternoon, and I was working (with my mother). I started to talk about my concern about follicels and timing, and she gave me one of those, "you're so stressed out about this - it doesn't help" kinda comments. It felt super judgmental and I just fumed for a long, traffic-filled drive home. Yeah, I know - it doesn't help... I'm glad I have a therapist appointment today, because I just really need some support, I think. We're going on vacation to FL  - boy do I need it! 

J(30) + J(34) = E(6/2009)  ...  + ?(?)  

We homebirth.jpgtreehugger.gifcd.gif and so on...joy.gif

#796 of 1519 Old 03-12-2013, 10:56 AM

Jpack - I'm sorry about all the stress! It's unavoidable. I mean, we are basically putting our bodies under microscopes. How are you supposed to not be stressed when you know WAY more than the average person TTC? I know you were hoping for more follicles, but I hope that one guy is the one this month!

Have a great time in FL! I wish I was going. I could certainly use a vacation too.

Chuord - I still haven't figured out how many hours ahead you are. I hope you woke up/will wake up to a shiny BFP!

Chrissy - sorry about the therapist. Why do so many healthcare professionals suck? Good luck with the EOD BD plan!

TF - Thanks for the prayers. How are you feeling? Any more spotting?

Indie - Glad they cleared out the cobwebs and you are all set for IVF. I wonder if that fluff has been hindering you all these months. Can't wait for you to get started! What's first? Estrogen?

Sila - How many DPO are you now? Are you still testing out the trigger?

AFM - Thanks ladies for all the support. I was feeling really down last night and this morning. I'm feeling better now. I have no inclination one way or the other on how things will end up. I was really surprised by my numbers yesterday. Of course I was nervous, given my history, but I guess I had more faith that it would work out this time. I'm not feeling that bad, so that concerns me. My boobs aren't sore, and that makes me worried about my progesterone. But, I know that this is totally out of my hands. I just need to make it through another 26 or 27 hours until I know if things are looking up or down. I think there are just so many variables with all the meds that I'm on. It's too hard to tease out what is what.

I did get a little obsessive with the hcg calculator. If I had as little as 5 units of hcg being contributed from the ovidrel, my doubling rate is within the acceptable window that my previous RE mentioned - a 66% increase every two days. So, I figure there is a good chance that the ovidrel could have been showing up, especially at such a low level. And, the point of the second ovidrel was to boost my progesterone, so maybe that's why it was so high in initially? It would be interesting to know what my hormone levels were right before I did the shot. I never asked, but I did have them drawn, so I may ask tomorrow. Also, I ate a TON the night before my second beta and had something to eat right before I left home. So, maybe my progesterone was lower for that reason too? Can you see I"m grasping at straws here? If it weren't for my progesterone dropping so much, I'd have a little more faith that this could work out.

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#797 of 1519 Old 03-12-2013, 11:55 AM

SKJ, I am so sorry for those iffy results. It sounds like the numbers are not definitive of anything yet, and how amazing that MWM is getting back to you so quickly with opinions on the numbers. She is SO amazing and I'm going to repeat back to you something you said to me-- if this doesn't work this time around, she is GOING to get to the bottom of it. She is examining you very carefully and paying laser-attention to what's happening with your body (twice a week labs!), she's smart and treats each woman like an individual... she'll figure this out. In the meantime please keep us posted and vent any feelings and anxieties you are having! We're all thinking of you.

Indie, I'm intrigued by your doc removing the "bit of fluff" during your hysteroscopy!!! I had something similar in my uterus, and my doctor (same doctor as SKJ) called it "a slab of granite". We removed it by mega-dosing me on birth control pills (if they didn't work we were going to do a hysteroscopy next). My doc thinks that's what was causing my infertility. So I think that is a really good sign!!!

Chuord, I am really hoping for you! I know you are in that "WHO KNOWS" zone...

MindlessChrissy, sorry you are having troubles with DS and therapist. Hoping you find a better one soon.

jpack, biggest pet peeve about IF is when people say "you are making it worse with stress". I just want to sock those people (even if they are mom). how frustrating.

AFM, CD2, nothing new to report, except I got kinda tipsy at book club last night, woo! Trying to stay busy and think of other things. Last minute trip out of town this weekend to Pittsburgh to see friends.

Happily married for 5 years. Tried for our first baby 6/2011, got preg right away, and miscarried. Took a 4 month break, and then had nothing but infertility & a few early miscarriages until 12/2012 when we learned I had a lumpy edge in my uterus. Doc removed it and now we are trying again....

#798 of 1519 Old 03-12-2013, 01:18 PM

Thanks, SKJ! I hope you stay busy for the next... 23? hours.

Daurelia nice about book club! That's funny about the granite! Glad you were able to get to the bottom of it, and so jealous of your (and SKJ's) doc.

AFM IUI tomorrow am! Lh was 65, e2 was 360ish and they said I could skip the trigger. But the nurse I love said oh, go for it when I expressed a little concern about the follie ovulating). So I triggered around 1pm. And DHs sample is gonna be interesting since we're gonna bd tonight- poor guy, I made him go buy some supplements to take at work today! wink1.gif I'm feeling better about everything...

#799 of 1519 Old 03-12-2013, 01:25 PM

Chrissy - did ya O yet?? ūüėĄ

Jpack - I agree with daurelia telling you you are stressed is not cool... But I just had a thought, is it possible she was feeling more stressed than she could handle at seeing you so distressed? Just a thought

SKJ - hang in there! Just do what you have to to distract yourself... And believe daurelia - you two have a huge benefit sharing a doc, she knows exactly how well you're being looked after ūüėĄ and you WILL get pg.

Daurelia - ah tipsy at book club? Sounds like a wonderful relaxing way to spend a night!

Indie - how did you recover yesterday?

Afm - I had a huge freak out last night... AF is due today, and ironically it wasn't about not being pg... I had more energy yesterday so did heaps more stuff (lol for me) I was exhausted and getting a migraine, and it was all too much.. My neuro said being pg would likely stop the headaches, so I freaked about the possibility of being pg - with those side symptoms, whole suffering migraines for 9 months and not being able to take real pain killers... So embarrassing about the reason, but I ended up in bed shaking - it took a while to calm down, but my only thoughts last night was I can't do it, I'm not strong enough. Anyway, this mornings temp (coughing) was high, relaxed the same as yesterday and awake a little higher - so I went with the low one... Still in bed, scared to poas now lol

#800 of 1519 Old 03-12-2013, 01:27 PM

Jpack - Those numbers sound great!! I would totally trigger too. Does Clomid affect LH at all? How's your lining look and your CM? So many questions smile.gif Glad you are feeling better!!!

Daurelia - Thanks for the reminder. you are right, she will figure this out if this isn't the "one". In fact, she even said that if I don't get pregnant in 3 cycles OR if I have another miscarriage, she'll move me on to another protocol. I totally wasn't expecting to be pregnant the first go round. So, I'm taking comfort in the fact that there is a plan B. It's just times like this that I question how much more of this I'm willing to take. I feel so incredibly lucky to have a child, and I really get the feeling that the universe is saying to stop while I"m ahead. I can't even imagine having another child at this point. I can't really even imagine getting to the point of being pregnant with a belly, and feeling kicks and all that amazing stuff. It just seems so unlikely given my history.

Have fun this weekend in Pburgh!

#801 of 1519 Old 03-12-2013, 01:29 PM

chuord - we cross posted. Pee on something please! Can you at least share your chart so I can stalk it? smile.gif

#802 of 1519 Old 03-12-2013, 02:02 PM

Thanks SKJ!! Ok I poas, I manned up cos it's my mums bday today, and after the breast cancer last year I thought a bfp would be a great gift (I'm the oldest, no biological g/kids) anyway bfn... I'm sure it's just too early, my achy uterus is not AF crampy, spotting is not normally with ycm (tmi)... Maybe I'll try with smu later...
Ok my chart
http://fertilityfriend.com/home/41d17e
Todays first temp (coughing) 36.57 - 554am
Relaxed 36.18 - 600am (doing off to cool down)
Awake just 36.31 - 605am
Let me know what you think ūüėĄ and thanks for all the support ladies, sorry to be such a sook

#803 of 1519 Old 03-12-2013, 02:11 PM

Sorry about the BFN. And, wow! That's a huge range of temps in 20 mins! This is your first time temping in the LP? For me, I typically get a second increase in my LP when I'm pg. But, looking at my charts, the pg ones don't look to different. So, it's hard to say a lot from a chart.

I hope it's just too early. Fingers crossed that AF stays far away. (And happy bday to your mum).

#804 of 1519 Old 03-12-2013, 02:37 PM

SKJ - yes my first time, I figured it would be good to 'know' what happens for me typically lol... I get what you say about another rise, I googled heaps of pg charts this week, and they seem to dip then rise then get + ... Who knows? Lol chatting with you this morning has helped take my edge off - so thank you! Dh has his first day at one of his new positions... And is not a morning person, so although he knows I'm emotional I couldn't weigh him down today with details. Re the temps, I get a dry tickle on my tonsils, you know the sort where you have to cough or drink water.. So I figure the panic having a thermometer in my mouth would have pushed it up... Then I slowed down my breathing and cooled down, temp 2 and then let myself be more awake for 3 ... Chart uses the lowest - do you think that's right? Also my pee (sorry tmi) has started to go a brighter yellow - a tell tale sign for me (from memory)
More importantly, you have more beta in the am? Aside from the worry etc, have you been having symptoms? Mood swings? I have been ready to kill dh one minute and cry and hug him the next - he thinks I'm hilarious ūüėĄ better than a fight right?

#805 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 04:09 AM

good morning friends,

skj - thinking about you today. looking forward to some good news, dammit!

jpack - good luck today! awesome E2! very excited for you! i'm also curious about your lining...

chuord - hoping a surprise bfp is on the way... didn't you say before that you tend to get late bfps?

daurelia - your weekend getaway sounds like fun! i don't know that my "fluff" is that significant... it literally looks like cotton candy strands and while i'm glad it's been cleared out, i can't imagine it is responsible for my lack of pregnancy. though i just had the same thing removed exactly a year ago so i'm curious what causes it.

toothfairy - i totally get you on the impatience thing. i'm trying to determine criteria for my lupron before transfer decision. i guess if i respond better than i'm thinking i will, i'll probably be more inclined to transfer right away. but if i have limited embryos, i will wait. in the end, it's all such a crap shoot and i'm probably just trying to trick myself into thinking i have some sort of control over the outcome... hope you are feeling well enough.

chrissy - hope O shows for you soon! i'm sorry you are getting the runaround with ds. hope you get some answers soon!

afm - still spotting red blood. i feel like my insides are all swollen. i 'd love to talk with my doc about what she did in there but i don't think i'll hear anything until i get back in town.

#806 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 05:49 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thinking of you today SKJ & praying for good news & strong numbers.

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#807 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 06:03 AM

Good morning! FXed SKJ! Indie my lining was a 16.something on Sunday- it looked thicker yesterday, but she didn't tell me how thick. And didn't you say to go into an IUI with a full bladder?

#808 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 06:13 AM

jpack - yes, full bladder! what time is your iui? and wow on the lining! i'm starting to think i just have crappy lining, period.

#809 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 06:21 AM - Thread Starter

SKJ - Thinking of you!!! I'll check back later...

Jpack  - Good luck with the IUI! I hope you guys get a fantastic sample. I'm sorry about the comments. Ugh I hate those. Like thanks for making me feel like this might be my fault...

Chuord - So sorry about the bfns :( Hang in there!

AFM - You guys are so terrible asking me to symptom spot! Generally if I'm pregnant, I start feeling it around 13dpo. I'm 7/8dpo today. Yesterday I went to acupuncture to help with implantation. She said it was too early for my pulse to be telling her anything. I did feel quite dizzy/queasy yesterday. When I mentioned it to her she said my body was different, that I was having an interesting response to the needles. Ugh and my skin is so bad right now! Hoping it's all signs of good to come! Off to get my P4 checked...

#810 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 06:23 AM

Thanks indie! It's in 40 minutes! Gotta go- but I'm maybe concerned that my lining is too thick! Have you tried arginine? It definitely impacts my lining (makes me spot a lot when I take it all the way through the cycle -- I'm pretty sure arginine is the culprit there)

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page