Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition - Page 28 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#811 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 06:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
jpack - larginine is supposed to be good or bad for lining? i'm taking it for egg quality... also taking rrl. will need to do some more research... good luck! t minus 40 minutes till you get knocked up!

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#812 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 06:51 AM

sila - all sounds very promising!

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#813 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 08:59 AM

Indie- I know it's supposed to help increase blood flow, here's what is says on my bottle: plays an important role in several important pathways, including the synthesis of proteins, the production of creating phosphate, needed to produce ATP and the synthesis of nitric oxide, a secondary messenger involved in blood flow." I was suggesting trying it if you haven't already, butcha have- never mind. Yeah, I think that's true about egg and corpus luteum quality- I just noticed heavier and spottier periods when I'm taking it so I have started only taking it not on/close to AF. Who knows... smile.gif

Sila thanks- we crossed earlier- 12m swimmers, 55%motility, and a 3 on a 1-5 score for forward-swimming, a measurement I thought was hysterical! We bded like 10 hours earlier, so not too shabby. Good luck to you over those stressful next days!

SKJ- sorry I didn't answer you earlier about lining etc- see above... smile.gif but no, my lining and cm are fine on clomid. It's just my eggs that seam to disapprove!! wink1.gif

Chuord- thanks so much for the perspective on my mother's comment- it's definitely a lot more complex than just an annoying stress comment- you're totally right. And I think she probably feels a little responsible and sad that she couldn't protect me from her own fate!

Thanks, everyone! All the chatter has been super helpful to me! I'm just in the wait now!

J(30) + J(34) = E(6/2009)  ...  + ?(?)  

We homebirth.jpgtreehugger.gifcd.gif and so on...joy.gif

#814 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Jpack - thinking of you!

Me - 39 - mthfr c677t and multiple unknown caused m/c's
DH - 40 - old and cranky
DS - 6 - ASD and severe adhd
#815 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 11:35 AM

Glad to hear everything sounds great for the Iui jpack!! Fingers crossed for you!

Fertilecm has l-arg in it too. I take that and just l-arg straight-up smile.gif

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#816 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 11:41 AM

Sila- your symptoms sound promising!!

Indie- what cd are you know? Do you just need to get past ovulation to start the epp, or is it next O? In either case, things are getting close. So excited!! Sorry about your insides greensad.gif

Afm - had another u/s this morn. Nothing really to report. I had a long talk with the nurse I love and she basically said that all my numbers look fine. She said that the e2 and p4 are going to fluctuate based on a whole host of things and that we really should focus on the hcg, since that's the only thing we aren't influencing.

I asked about my e2 before O and it was 290 something. That was with just one follicle and no meds. I was very happy about that, so at least my body tried its best smile.gif

Should know my labs in an hour. I'm home with dd and she's sleeping, so I'm going a little crazy, but I'm just trying to remember that this is totally out of my control. So, it is what it is.

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#817 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 12:22 PM

OMG: beta 357!!!!!! P4: 23, e2: 291.
pokeyac likes this.

#818 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Awesome SKJ!!!!

AFM - My P4 is 14. They wanted it to be over 10. So that's good...

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#819 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
SKJ - woohoo!! That's the news to get in the morning! (Btw I'm 18 hours ahead of 'posting' times) that is so good, so you are not only verifiably pg, you are doubling perfectly! !!! I'm so happy now! Btw how are you taking it? Did they pass comment?
Jpack - have you fin iui? How did it go? so much excitement today!
Sila - sorry re the encouragement 😝 but I think the fact that your body 'felt' different to be a fab sign, I was too early at my last appointment too for any real confirmation either way...
Chrissy - how's things?
Indie - ouch on the sore insides, not so fun! Mind you lol it puts me in mind of sila after her iui - so it could be a good omen?! (Sorry sila, jumping ahead again😜) hope you heal well, I worked on you until the energy stopped feeling sluggish after the op... So I hope you recovered Ok in the end... SKJ have been doing you heaps too - I'm just not letting myself read anything into it, just energy until you've had enough...
Afm- another temp drop today, although I was still asleep, second try - awake was only .03 dif to yesterday... All still above the cover line. Anyway I just feel like AF is not here for a bit... Normally right before I feel my least bloated... And that's not right now. It's quite boring really.. I'll force a test later for the record...
Hope there's more good news to come for you guys

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! 15dpo 336 hcg, 17dpo 681 hcg... Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words
#820 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 03:57 PM

skj - it is time. banana.gifcarrot.gifbellyhair.gifso HAPPY for you!!!  i'm cd9 today... EPP will start after next O. so, yes, getting closer...

jpack - sounds like things went just "swimmingly" (*snort*) thanks for the l-arginine info. i just started taking it a few cycles ago on my doc's recommendation. i did a little bit of googling in between flights and it seems like castor oil packs are recommended as well as acupuncture for lining issues.. so... guess i need to get on that. hoping your dh's boys are busy attacking your egg right about now...

sila - what dpo are you? i just can't imagine that you won't at least catch one of those eggs!

chuord - waiting... waiting... for your test results :) as always, thanks for the energy work!

afm - cd9 here. my ovaries were quite sore last night and then today i feel like i typically do after I O (sore all over). but i still have loads of ewcm and it's too early for O. so i don't know what the deal is. i guess maybe things just got knocked around pretty good in there. i forgot to bring opks with me... kicking myself for that. i will be home the evening of cd11 and then fly out again on cd13 so that will be my only opportunity to bd during the this cycle's fertile window anyway. other than that, just doing tons of research on every step of the IVF process. i've been spending some time on a DOR specifc thread and they have gotten quite scientific... spreadsheet with everyone's stats and protocols that worked for them... it's been such a huge help to get feedback and compare with what others (especially DOR women w/endo) are going through with their REs. i just love the internet so much. i'm feeling more and more confident with my doc (obviously) but also with the clinic as a whole. they have a pretty decent egg donor program there which makes me think their lab must be pretty great and that's important if i'm looking to do FET. now i'm just trying to educate myself on what to expect day by day with monitoring... hoping that will help me from getting to stressed and worried throughout the process. we'll see if that works.

#821 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 04:09 PM

Indie - whenever you talk about testing etc between flights I'm so impressed - focussing on your job and ttc must really be nuts! You sound good, and definitely like they stripped everything down in there... Does that mean the lining will be ok for O and possible conception this month? (I know you're preparing for the month after but just curious if you have a shot this one)

Btw - bfn again! Cramping and killer of a sore back... It woke me up... Cd32 today so waiting for AF? Oh I forgot in the first week of this cycle I had a mild flu.. That could delay my AF right?

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! 15dpo 336 hcg, 17dpo 681 hcg... Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words
#822 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

SKJ- Wonderful numbers!! About time we had some good news! Seems like the P4 & Estrogen are leveling out too! What's next?

Sila- You are next! One more week?

Indie- I wonder if them going and poking around changed your CF. CD 9 does seem pretty early for EWCM but that could mean good timing for BD. Is the protocol you will be following close to what they are chatting about on the DOR thread? You getting started makes me so excited! btw the tootfairy thing did make me laugh (my DH would say it is as appropriate a nickname as toothfairy), forgot to say that. 

jpack- What do I need to know about doing castor oil packs? Sounds like DH #s were perfect. Were you able to keep a full bladder for the experience? This was your first one, right? Another 2ww started, crossing everything for good news.

chourd- Anything new with the testing today? Temping can be a wonderful thing but the minute changes within a short period of time always made me batty. It is cool to look back at the months of charts though and see patterns. 18 hours ahead, thats so cool, you're totally on the other side of the world.

AFM- I feel like I've been a crappy friend by not participating much. I read every day (multiple times a day) but my attention span to write responses (especially thoughtful responses) is just not good. I don't know if it is my trying to disconnect from TTC since we have such a long wait ahead of us or fear for the future or that I don't want to seem like I'm complaining all the time. Overall I'm feeling pretty much myself, moments still of disbelief but not as anxious or upset anymore. I started going back to yoga and the weather has been nice here the last few days (changing back to cold tomorrow) so we've been out walking the dogs. Still no official word about my co-worker, she is talking to me again so I've just been trying to ignore it. Still no signs of ovulation coming, CD13 today if the d & c was CD1. 

I was thinking April 30th to send beads and I will try and get them out within a few days. I didn't really keep track a count of people but I think enough for 10 people and then if there are any left over I will send them back in your envelope. Do you think 10 will be okay? I'll send out a PM now with my address. Hopefully this will give me something to do.

Another thing, anyone have meditations or relaxation tracks that you like? 

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 @10w , FET 5/21/13 @7w, IVF 10/11/13 @5w, FET 2/2/14 @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Cautiously expecting after FET of 2 PGD normal 5 day blastocysts.
***4**8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36** *40
#823 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 05:13 PM

chuord- dang bfn greensad.gif you are sure sure sure about O? i don't miss charting at all. too crazy making for me. it probably would have been cool had i ever got a pregnancy to show for it... about trying this cycle... good question about whether or not my lining would be good for conception. i think technically it should be since it wasn't scraped clean like a d&c. but i still have low expectations of anything happening. i think i've finally accepted that i'm just not going to get pregnant without major intervention... ah well.

tootfairy it is! haha! you are not a bad friend at all! never worry about that! glad to hear you are feeling better. and i'm looking forward to beads!! though i need to go back and look at instructions again... and yes the protocol i'm doing has been successful for others in my situation so i pray that i respond in kind. as for ewcm, it typically shows up for me around cd7/8 and lasts through O... ETA - i like deepak chopra's chakra meditations. you can download on itunes i believe. i've learned that fertility meditations make me too anxious so i'm steering clear of those at least for now...

#824 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 05:23 PM

RRL tea & today's gift to myself, the biggest mug I've ever seen, owls & lace. I've started shopping to relieve anxiety, as if subconsciously 'things' may replace my baby. At least I can call myself out on poor coping skills... Not that it has changed my shopping.

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

#825 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 05:52 PM

Ooh TF - great thought re relaxation CDs... I can send you a copy of my fav one with the beads 😃 ... Please know we don't mind at all we love your company, I know I'm not in the strict IF part of this group - but I love the support and friendships, and everyone loves you, and cares about your journey no matter how miserable you feel... I also think that no-one is expecting you to be mega excited for anyone right now... It's all too hard. Huge hugs... Btw I still so live the beads idea - will get mine ASAP as they have to get to usa... Also I'll add some cash towards your mailing them back to me (Aus $) or do you have a Paypal? I could send to? One last q - do you want contributions to the bracelet necklace components? It seems a little rough for you to cough up the extra...

#826 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 05:54 PM

Ooh I love that mug!!!! Lol I understand - we gave every electrical appliance known to man, we took so long to buy a house we got distracted with random non furniture spending...

#827 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 05:58 PM

Indie - yay in the possibility of this month, also going with what works for you... Will keep you posted, killer cramps so expectations for AF, however still feel like I'm in lockdown..
http://fertilityfriend.com/home/41d17e
Nothing exciting on my chart - but in case you're bored and want to double check O lol

#828 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 06:02 PM

chourd- You may be able to ask at your post office but you should be able to have them put a stamp on an envelope with your address already on it to include in the envelope you are sending me. That way when it comes to me I'll put everything back into your envelope to send out so the cost will be covered! As far as the rest of the parts, I think I just send out the beads in their little packets and you put together a necklace or bracelet or chain so it can be however you like it. I sent out a PM with a link that has some photos and better details than I have here! 

#829 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 06:11 PM

TF - No apologies needed! You are NOT a bad friend. I happen to think you are one incredibly thoughtful, amazingly resilient woman, and I'm so happy to know you. I'm SO excited for the bead shopping. And, that will kill two birds with one stone for you Sheepish.gif There is a bead store near me that I've always wanted to go to, but now I've got a good reason. Ooh! I just had a FANTASTIC idea! My nurse suggested I get a medic alert ID to indicate that I'm on lovenox, since if something were to happen, it's not like the EMTs would expect someone my age to be on blood thinners. So, I'm going to totally use the beads to make my own medical ID bracelet! I'm on the lovenox until something like 30 weeks, so at that point (if I EVER get to that point), I can just switch out the ID for something birth/labor related.

Chuord - Sorry about the BFN greensad.gifhug2.gif

#830 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 06:18 PM

Had to go back a page...

Indie - Sorry your insides are hurting! That's not fun, especially when you aren't in the comfort of your own home. I hope you end up being "that" girl who gets pregnant the cycle before IVF. But, if not, you just sound so grounded and in a fantastic place mentally. That's such a great thing. I'm so glad that you have a doctor you can trust. I think it's really smart that you are trying to do all the "stressing" now, instead of in the moment of the IVF cycle. If you have a good sense of each and every thing to expect, you are going to be so much more able to just roll with the punches when you are in the midst of it. Come on baby indie!

Sila - Glad the P4 looks good. I can't imagine you don't have at least one eggie turning into a baby in there.

AFM - Thanks for all the love. Originally, when I got my first beta, I was feeling really relaxed about this whole thing and wasn't really worried. Then, when I got closer to that second beta, I went back to my scary place of being sure it wasn't going to work out. The second beta really made me convinced, but then the last few days, I've been feeling bad, so I was more hopeful today. I'm so happy with this beta that I"m actually thinking that maybe, just maybe, this could work. I'm trying to just live day by day. I haven't looked up the exact due date for example. I know it's sometime in mid-November, but that's it. Anyways, here's to hoping that my doc may actually have fixed my issue. I can't really imagine getting past this beta hell...

#831 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 07:35 PM

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hi All, I am new to this thread and I am so incredibly moved by your thoughts, feelings and perserverance. I am currently 34 and DH is 35. We have been TTC since March 2009. We are currrently on our 3rd round of clomid and 2nd hcg shots (on monday). However, I was on clomid for 6 cycles in 2009-2010 before I became so overwhelmed with things that weren't going our way at all. Random things like tests not being able to happen on the correct days due to overbooking or broken machines. I finally felt that I had a plan and then we found out our insurance changed and not one bit would be covered. I kind of lost it for a bit and decided to run full speed with my career (I am a Psychotherapist/Clinical Director). That has gone very well and now it is time for me to continue to work for the only thing that I have EVER wanted. I am sorry for ranting but it feels so good to be among those who understand what this is all like. I often feel so alone in this world full of people who actually get to make babies by having fun. Well I am currently on cd7 and I just finished my clomid for this round. As I mentioned before I go in on Monday to see if I have any follicles worth stimulating. I am really hopeful but if not we are going to a specialist on April 2nd. Thanks for listening to me get it all out...it really feels good :)

Me- 35 pcos DH- 37 no issues
TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
IUI #1 April 2013- BFP Ectopic May 2013 IUI #2,#3,#4 BFN
IVF #1 Dec 2013- BFP! MC 9 1/2wks.
IVF #2 June 2014- OHSS 5 frosties
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!
#832 of 1519 Old 03-13-2013, 09:44 PM

Welcome adiejan!!! I read your post in the march tww, and was going to suggest you check out here, as these ladies are so knowledgeable, and everyone has had a rough run of it - and is so knowledgable and supportive... I'm the ringer of the group lol (Australian for tag along lol) my journey has been getting to a place where I could start to ttc... And hoping this bit is quicker (hahaha lol there's a jinx)

#833 of 1519 Old 03-14-2013, 06:56 AM

Welcome adiejan sounds like you've made it to the right place. Looking forward to getting to know you & hoping they will have your cycles figured out so you are successful soon!

Hi all, my boss in in Hawaii til the 25th so I'm cruising the Internet between patients.

#834 of 1519 Old 03-14-2013, 08:09 AM

Hi Adiejan! Yay for clomid (just kidding!) and welcome! I'm sorry the process seems to have been so frustrating for you, glad you found us, and hope -- I was gonna say hope your stay is short-- but that's not really true, just mostly hope that your bfp is right around the corner (since that doesn't have to mean you leave!)

I'm just running around like a chicken with my head cut off, trying to get so much accomplished in the next couple days. All the best to everyone!

TF enjoy the 'net! wink1.gif

J(30) + J(34) = E(6/2009)  ...  + ?(?)  

We homebirth.jpgtreehugger.gifcd.gif and so on...joy.gif

#835 of 1519 Old 03-14-2013, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Welcome Adiejan!!

Me - 39 - mthfr c677t and multiple unknown caused m/c's
DH - 40 - old and cranky
DS - 6 - ASD and severe adhd
#836 of 1519 Old 03-14-2013, 12:20 PM

I have EWCM!!! Just a little but that means AF should arrive nearly on time, come on O!!

#837 of 1519 Old 03-15-2013, 06:42 AM

yay for ewcm! did you have a positive opk yet? i will be peeing on my first opk this cycle when i get home this evening (cd11) hoping i get a positive today or tomorrow so i can at least plan next cycle/know how to count days.

skj - can't wait to her your awesomely un-ambiguous beta results later today!

everyone else - hi! what's new?

#838 of 1519 Old 03-15-2013, 11:24 AM

TF - Yay for EWCM! It's the little thing in life, right smile.gif So glad things are moving along for you and you are one step closer to your take home baby.

Indie - Good luck with your OPK today. Hope it's positive!!

Adiejan - Welcome! Like Jpack said, hope your time to a BFP is short, but you stick around after. Sorry you had to find your way to us, but I swear, this group has kept me sane over that past year.

AFM - My beta was 757!! Doubling time of 44 hours. I love that I'm so average for once! I didn't get any more info on my P4 or E2. Didn't ask, but I'm sure they are fine if they aren't changing my meds. So, I just realized that my last three betas have been 157, 357 and now 757. How freaky is that?!?! Hope it's a good sign smile.gif

#839 of 1519 Old 03-15-2013, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
AFM - My beta was 757!! Doubling time of 44 hours. I love that I'm so average for once! I didn't get any more info on my P4 or E2. Didn't ask, but I'm sure they are fine if they aren't changing my meds. So, I just realized that my last three betas have been 157, 357 and now 757. How freaky is that?!?! Hope it's a good sign smile.gif

Lurker popping in for a bad joke -- Maybe you're going to have a little airplane?

Seriously, though, congrats on the great numbers!

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#840 of 1519 Old 03-15-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimalJoy View Post

Lurker popping in for a bad joke -- Maybe you're going to have a little airplane?

Seriously, though, congrats on the great numbers!

Thanks for the love. And, I'll take a baby airplane at this point smile.gif

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page