Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition - Page 29 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#841 of 1523 Old 03-15-2013, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
TF - Yay for EWCM! It's the little thing in life, right smile.gif So glad things are moving along for you and you are one step closer to your take home baby.

Indie - Good luck with your OPK today. Hope it's positive!!

Adiejan - Welcome! Like Jpack said, hope your time to a BFP is short, but you stick around after. Sorry you had to find your way to us, but I swear, this group has kept me sane over that past year.

AFM - My beta was 757!! Doubling time of 44 hours. I love that I'm so average for once! I didn't get any more info on my P4 or E2. Didn't ask, but I'm sure they are fine if they aren't changing my meds. So, I just realized that my last three betas have been 157, 357 and now 757. How freaky is that?!?! Hope it's a good sign smile.gif

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#842 of 1523 Old 03-15-2013, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
AFM - My beta was 757!! Doubling time of 44 hours. I love that I'm so average for once! I didn't get any more info on my P4 or E2. Didn't ask, but I'm sure they are fine if they aren't changing my meds. So, I just realized that my last three betas have been 157, 357 and now 757. How freaky is that?!?! Hope it's a good sign smile.gif

Lurker popping in for a bad joke -- Maybe you're going to have a little airplane?

Seriously, though, congrats on the great numbers!

M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2000. DS #1 -- March 2001. DS #2 -- November 2002. (Ten year break!) DD -- October 2011. M/C at 8 weeks -- May 2013. Expecting #4 late July.
#843 of 1523 Old 03-15-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimalJoy View Post

Lurker popping in for a bad joke -- Maybe you're going to have a little airplane?

Seriously, though, congrats on the great numbers!

Thanks for the love. And, I'll take a baby airplane at this point smile.gif

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#844 of 1523 Old 03-15-2013, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 313 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Tf - yay for your cycle getting back into stride!!!!
SKJ - omg this is soo totally brilliant!!! Did they comment about how happy they were? So what symptoms, how are you feeling? The vicarious are so nosey don't ya know 😜
Indie - wow you're moving along quickly too - so how's that window of BDing opportunity looking for you? Lol
Primal - how's it going?
Everyone else - hi!

Ok apparently my incredibly bad pain was colic?? Or was that the nausea anyway, it's a fair bit better now... 15dpo still a bfn, still no AF, temp comfortably .3 above cover line (am still going so I know what I do at AF time) I'm totally over it and trying to ignore everything for a while -will keep temping and testing every other day... But stopping the symptom spotting and ignoring the continuously heavy uterus... So IF anything changes I'll let you know - otherwise lol you know I'm in no mans land

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***
36***40
#845 of 1523 Old 03-15-2013, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Awesome yet again SKJ! Grow baby airplane grow!

AFM - Daaaaaang I'm really feeling hormonal. Not in the emotional way, but the progesterone and possibly hcg-y way...I guess we'll find out next week! I kind of just want to disappear from here for a few days but still read along ;) I'll keep you guys updated...

I realllly want a nap...come home DH....

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#846 of 1523 Old 03-15-2013, 04:34 PM

Fx so much for you sila!!! I know what you mean about a break - I'm trying... I know you'll be next xxxx

me 39, DH 39, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
36***40
#847 of 1523 Old 03-15-2013, 07:29 PM

I just read all 43 pages, does that make me an honorary member, or merely insane?  Lol.

I kind of want to join the group as a preemptive strike.  I'm 34 years old and we are about to start ttc #3.  I'm scared to death I'm going to have IF issues and quite honestly, reading all of your messages and support to each other gives me a warm fuzzy.  I totally understand if you guys want to vote me off the island as I haven't had any problems yet.  

I've been on nuvaring since last July to stop me from having crazy psycho meltdowns when it was that tom. We decided about a week ago that we want to go ahead with #3.  My doc told me to finish this nuvaring cycle, have a normal cycle then ttc.  I'm making myself crazy with all the "what ifs?"  

I do have a miscarriage in my history, so my fears are not entirely unfounded.  I hope you guys decide I can hang out here, because I don't know where else I possibly could fit in.  

Edited to add: We are also doing IUI, as DH had a vasectomy after #1.  I'm still GRRRRR about that.

Candy, Mom to Matthew (5/02) and Ethan (10/07)

Trying for #3 starting 5/13

#848 of 1523 Old 03-15-2013, 08:50 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

TF - You are a seriously awesome lady and friend. Never doubt yourself when it comes to us. We love you just the way you are. Also, f%$king great about the ewcm!!

Indie - How's the opk'ing coming along? I finally got a + on cd16.

SKJ - Fantastic numbers. So excited and happy for you!

Chuord - WTH is going on with your chart? I hope things become clear for you soon

Sila - Thinking of you and hope all is well.

Bebe, Gtree, Shell, and everyone else - HI!!!!!!

Matt'sMom - Welcome to the group. I don't think we've ever voted anyone out so I don't think we'll be starting now. Hope you get your bfp soon!

ASM - cd17, well almost 18, and not a lot going on here. DH is working more to help put money aside for DS's therapy. I plan to register him next week for kindergarten. Outside of that just boring. lol

Me - 39 - mthfr c677t and multiple unknown caused m/c's
DH - 40 - old and cranky
DS - 6 - ASD and severe adhd
#849 of 1523 Old 03-16-2013, 03:55 AM

Hi all 😄 everything has resolved - AF is here... Onto a more relaxed cycle for me I hope...

36***40
#850 of 1523 Old 03-16-2013, 07:26 AM

Sorry for my absense, friends. Do I have a story for you! But first . . . a couple personals . . .

Indie, so glad the hysteroscopy went well and got rid of the fluff! Ha, tootfairy . . . that's hilarious.

SKJ, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for this very awesome news!!!!

TF, thanks for getting us going with the beads--so excited for this. And super yay for EWCM!!

Chrissy, hi! How are you???

To everyone else, old and new -- HI! :)

AFM: Well . . . you just won't believe the last couple weeks! I'm currently out on pregnancy disability after my boss yelled at me for 20 minutes, tried to do it again after lunch the same day, and then the next morning I started having what felt like contractions, which worsened by the next day. My OB pulled the plug and took me out on disability. I'm doing much better now, and this is sort of weird to say, but I think baby is so much happier! Her movements seem more frequent, strong and normal than they've ever been. Maybe a coincidence, but I don't think so. Can you believe it? Who yells at a pregnant woman for 20 minutes? Especially when said pregnant women repeatedly asks you to stop? It was over NOTHING. She is just an insane and horrible person, and I am submitting a formal grievance. Nuts, yes? Anyway, I'm home resting a lot now, so I will probably have more time to stay updated on MDC! :) I'm 27 weeks today!

Bebe (37) & Hubby (37) married since 2010 and have one sweet girl (1).
#851 of 1523 Old 03-16-2013, 01:17 PM

Wow bebe! She truly does sound psycho... That is so awful that the stress affected you like that - although the end result is good! Will you be off till the end? Are you going to go back there after the baby? Bet she has no kids... Lol I hope she feels so bad she calls to apologize!

36***40
#852 of 1523 Old 03-16-2013, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Matt's mom- Reading all 43 pages is impressive. Insane would be reading the original scenic route thread, and the 'first round of clomid thread' from Oct/Nov 2011 when we all started together! We aren't really a kicking off the island type, as Chrissy said. It is true we have all spent too much time together and yet to have a quick BFP (is that bad juju for you?) but we are happy to help anyone along in their journey even if it is short and sweet. Just don't mind the b*tching about our family/friends/coworkers/strangers that fall into that category- It isn't personal! Is there a reason you are expecting infertility or just trying to plan for an unknown future? I was on the NuvaRing for years, it actually wasn't too bad coming off of. Anyway, Welcome! I hope that you experience in TTC is shorter than you expect and that you find us a good group to hang out with for the time being! It is a wonderful group of women!

chuord- Seriously glad that AF came and gave you the answers you've been waiting on. Will you continue to chart full cycles? It does look like your chart is perfect, just a matter of time before that baby sticks!

bebe- Your boss has shown her crazy in the past, I remember, but chastizing a pregnant woman is a whole other level of crazy. Glad to hear your doctor took your side and put you on leave. Will  you have to go back before delivery or is this long-term leave? Also glad to hear that the little lady is happier without all the stress from your job! We will be looking for updated weekly photos from you soon... don't make us wait so long that we have to start nagging again. 

sila- One more week. I won't push you for 2ww details because I know on progesterone it is just a worthless bunch but everything you said makes me hopeful. 

SKJ- Fantastic numbers, it is wonderful to hear that your body is taking over and normalizing. Hopefully this gives you a little peace of mind (does it ever really though?). Your doctor must be so thrilled for you & DH. What's next?

indie- Any luck with the OPK and timing? You travel so much it astounds me... did you end up getting the promotion you were working on a few months back? I'm sure you posted about it and I just cannot remember. 

Chrissy- Will the school provide extra services for DS starting in Kindergarten? There is so much available but I know in the experience of family members with children with Asbergers or learning disabilities you have to advocate and fight really hard for even an inch of extra help. It is nice your husband is able to work extra to help with therapy but the extra stress of everything on your family must be hard. CD 18, any sign of O? Do you usually O late? I know 18 isn't really that late, for almost a year my regular O was CD17 but I thought you were usually on the early side.

AFM- So the EWCM was there on Thursday and  I haven't had any since. Of course I haven't done any OPKs because I worry they will pick up HCG and I haven't done any HPT because I'm afraid they will still be dark and freak me out again about it not all being gone by AF and messing up my frozen transfer. Also I have no signs that ovulation occurred... My follow up to the d&c is Wednesday. I am hoping she will do blood work then. In other news, we booked a trip to Aruba the week of my due date. It wasn't intended to be that week but that's what was available to use with our timeshare so in the end I think it was meant to be. Hopefully we will be celebrating a new pregnancy but nothing will change the memory of our baby that will never be. I had my 2nd therapy session on Friday & I do think it is helping. We've talked a lot about my inability to process emotions publicly. She gives an interesting perspective. I still won't be crying publicly any time soon but it makes me re-think what brought me to this point, emotionally. Going back to Yoga this week helped too and I was impressed to find I can still do a headstand and crow pose like nobody's business. I still haven't said the words out loud 'I had a miscarriage'. Even saying it in my mind seems so foreign. I've said my baby died (sounds so harsh) but I think the coldness of it makes people less likely to pour over how sorry they are. I'm inappropriate.... I should tell my therapist that... 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend & Celebrating St Paddy's day tomorrow. Even being all Irish I've never made corned beef & cabbage but DH asked me to... soooo... I'm off to the store to figure it out! 

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
recurrent miscarriages IVF 2/13@10w , FET 6/13@7w, IVF 10/13@4w, FET 2/14 @4w
Failed IVF 5/14, IVF OHSS Freeze all with PGD 8/14- 6 PGD normal embryos
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Cautiously expecting TWINS after FET of 2 PGD normal 5 day blastocysts 9/13/14
***4******12***16***20***24***28***32***36* **40
#853 of 1523 Old 03-16-2013, 05:08 PM

Matt's mom- welcome! Hope your journey is easier than you expect!
TF - so st pats is an important day for you? Hope it's a happy one! For me it's the day dh and I first met... My friend dragged me to a med pub thing and so did his lol, I stirred him outrageously and the rest just slowly happened... So I am forgetting about AF, and just going to enjoy the day with him... (It's weird I'm still getting really strong cramps - I've never had them longer than half a day before and now it's been 4!)
I'm similar to you, I try like heck to never show general people how distressed I am, only close family and dh! Ironically he says I cry a lot... In general it feels like a protection barrier you know? If they know my sore spot they might stick their finger in it!
I'm so happy that you will be somewhere nice for your babies due date, then you can love each other and note the date the way you choose without any interruption from others. Btw I have a feeling you are right and will be celebrating a new pregnancy at the same time.
If you ladies were me, would you keep charting? Or would you ignore it all now I have an idea of my cycle? (Mind you ff still predicts O in the wrong spot for next month) I need to try a month of romance to try and get dh in the mood appropriately lol

36***40
#854 of 1523 Old 03-16-2013, 06:31 PM

Chuord- So you two met on the 17th? Our 9 year anniversary (dating, not marriage) is the 18th! 9 years... unbelievable! As far as charting, do whatever you need to feel comfortable. I charted for about 7 months, on and off... it was a comfort at times but mostly made me more stressed. If you know you only get 1 patch of EWCM and that is when O comes than that is all you really need, your LP shouldn't change enough that you would worry about a luteal phase defect (mine is 11-13 days and that is good enough for me). Just know when the discharge starts getting stretchy and slippery, that is when you turn on the charm! 

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

#855 of 1523 Old 03-16-2013, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

TF - I'm so sorry about the cycle fears and confusion. I hope AF arrives in 2 weeks and clears it all up. I'm glad you were able to book a trip (though I still wish you were coming here!) and that therapy is going well. I don't process emotions well publicly either. More like I don't show them much at all. Or rarely I do, but no words will come out. Anyways....so proud you are practicing yoga again and rocking bakasana and headstands! My yoga practice has changed the way I deal with and approach life in so many ways. Just this week I feel like I went home with so many valuable things, both on and off the mat. I've been working on handstands lately and pincha mayurasana (forearm stand)...

I painted my toe nails green for St. Patty's...

We just got home from a going away dinner for my brother and sister in law and nephew :( They are moving to Hawaii

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#856 of 1523 Old 03-16-2013, 11:51 PM

TF - thanks for the advice! I think I'll go with it and try one month without - it really would be good to focus on the romance not the science... You're right about the stress.
9 years that's great! Today is 13 for us, but we didn't date straight away... (Really lol) it's so nice to get to know someone over so long, I love him more today than before... So sappy lol...
Sila I'm not sure but I have a feeling that by the time tootfairy (yes I love it too) is on holiday you could be up to your knees in multiples lol... Here's hoping!
I have to say I think without everyone's support I could be quite miserable about this cycle not working for me, but instead I feel focused and supported.

36***40
#857 of 1523 Old 03-17-2013, 05:27 PM

Thanks for the welcome chuord and TF!  

Bebe, your boss is insane.  Holy crow.  Yelling at anyone is ridiculous, yelling at a pregnant woman is beyond absurd.  Enjoy your maternity leave!

TF, (and everyone) bitch away.  I'm a SAHM, so I don't really have to deal with insensitive coworkers or the like.  My best friend wants to have another baby, but they aren't going to start trying until this fall, so I don't have to worry (for a while) about being jealous of her bfp!

Aruba sounds awesome.  I'm glad you're going to be somewhere nice on your original due date.  I say original because I know it's going to happen again for you.  I'm praying it's soon.

I don't know if I'm planning for IF, or if it's just planning for the unknown.  Mostly I think that I read this thread, empathized with all of you, felt the love that you all have for one another and wanted to be a part of something like that.  I don't have a lot of close friends, either irl or online.  I just feel like you guys are the type of people who would be happy for my bfp even in the midst of what you're all going through.  I hope that makes sense and that I've explained it well.  

#858 of 1523 Old 03-18-2013, 06:56 AM - Thread Starter

A nice dark bfp this morning at 12/13dpo. Beta is Wednesday morning!

(Terrible picture but I still wanted to share)

#859 of 1523 Old 03-18-2013, 07:55 AM

YAY!!!!!!!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!

#860 of 1523 Old 03-18-2013, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks. Cautiously excited. I just now realized that the MT in your screen same is for Montana. My family lives there :)

#861 of 1523 Old 03-18-2013, 08:05 AM

Congrats Sila. I'm thinking someone's got more than one baby growing in there!!!

#862 of 1523 Old 03-18-2013, 08:20 AM

Whoa Sila!! Congrats!! Are you ready for multiples?? What's your plan on ultrasounds? I ask bc we are considering even putting back 2 & refusing an u/s til 8 weeks. So exciting !!!!

#863 of 1523 Old 03-18-2013, 08:33 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Yay Sila! That is a great fat bfp!!!!!!!

Me - 39 - mthfr c677t and multiple unknown caused m/c's
DH - 40 - old and cranky
DS - 6 - ASD and severe adhd
#864 of 1523 Old 03-18-2013, 09:38 AM

congrats sila!!!! can't wait to find out how many are in there!!

just arrived in hk... it's 12:40 am here so i'll have to come back later for personals. thinking of you all!

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#865 of 1523 Old 03-18-2013, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

TF - Same here. I'll be refusing until 8 wks and only then to rule out multiples. Otherwise I would wait until 20 wks and only do 1 u/s total ;) If it's a singleton I can go forward with my plan to home birth and get in w/ a midwife early (they actually get pretty busy around here). If not, I'm hoping I will have plenty of time to find a caregiver that will allow for the twin birth experience I would desire.

Thanks everyone. I've have not been feeling good at all which is quite reassuring. We'll see what the beta says weds. Keep us in your prayers in the meantime and I'll update you when I know more!

#866 of 1523 Old 03-18-2013, 12:15 PM

Congratulations, Sila!!!!!! lol.gif joy.gif Sheepish.gif energy.gif

Bebe (37) & Hubby (37) married since 2010 and have one sweet girl (1).
#867 of 1523 Old 03-18-2013, 02:11 PM

Sila - woohoo! I knew you'd be next! That is soo dark already... I know your thinking about twins, what if its quads? Then you would have a full family in one shot 😜 ...
TF - I think what you're planning sounds just right for you!
Indie - Hong Kong is only 3 hours behind us, welcome to Tuesday lol!
Matt's mom - hi there!

Nothing at all going on here 😄 I'm taking advantage of the situation to work on leading my glass without gloves and a mask lol...

36***40
#868 of 1523 Old 03-18-2013, 03:53 PM

Wow sila! That's one heck of a bfp!!!!! I'm soooooo excited for you!!!! Wahooooo! On vacation over here, the weather is crummy but we're having a blast- more later!

J(30) + J(34) = E(6/2009)  ...  + ?(?)  

We homebirth.jpgtreehugger.gifcd.gif and so on...joy.gif

#869 of 1523 Old 03-18-2013, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Congrats Sila!!! So exciting!! So I'm trying this whole temp charting thing and I have to say I am utterly confused. I am taking my temp at the same time everyday but it seems pretty variable. Anyone have some tips? In other news I found out today I have two mature follies and will be doing HCG again tomorrow...yay for hormones...yuck. I also have to say I love all of your stories and words of encouragement. Hopefully as I get to know you all better I will be able to comment a bit more.

Me- 35 pcos DH- 37 no issues
TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
IUI #1 April 2013- BFP Ectopic May 2013 IUI #2,#3,#4 BFN
IVF #1 Dec 2013- BFP! MC 9 1/2wks.
IVF #2 June 2014- OHSS 5 frosties
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!

#870 of 1523 Old 03-19-2013, 07:13 AM

On my phone. Just had u/s and got to see gestational sac, yolk sac, and a teeny beginning of a fetal pole.

Back soon with personals.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page