Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition - Page 33 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#961 of 1519 Old 03-27-2013, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Jpack - hugs and ditto to the advice you have already gotten...
Sila - yay for feeling blah!!! Still so exciting... Maybe twin boys?ūüėú

SKJ - that pic is soo beautiful! Yay on the heartbeat, and the very high hcg... Will send some energy, still keeping my fx - but I'm feeling like I'll be able to relax them soonūüėĄ I'm soo happy for you I could bust!

me 39, DH 39, one no babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties in waiting. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July... Waiting
#962 of 1519 Old 03-27-2013, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
SKJ- wonderful!

Another one of those 'cant get to the computer to type a response'. My mom is visiting so the next week will be tough for me to catch up.

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#963 of 1519 Old 03-27-2013, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

adiejan - Totally weird, your post didn't show up until later. Wow, what a tough week. I wanted to say that way you responded and felt was/is totally understandable and appropriate. Very admirable that you held it together in front of them. If you triggered Tuesday at 9:30 you should have ovulated around 36hrs after the trigger shot. Any plans on testing?

SKJ - Big day for both of us I guess since this is the farthest I have made it without things starting to go wrong. I know statistically, your chances of m/c do go down after 6wks. Grow baby grow!

Chuord - Thanks. I'm still thinking it's a singleton. I don't feel any different than my last 3 pregnancies started out really. Honestly, if it is a girl I will be completely shocked (but happy).

Indie - You never answered my q. Where in CA are you going to be visiting? Boy am I nosey...

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#964 of 1519 Old 03-28-2013, 07:14 AM

haha, sila, totally *meant* to answer your question! i have a conference in SF but dh is coming with me so we decided to fly into LAX and drive to SF so I can show him the central coast (pretty much my favorite place on earth). we won't be spending much time in southern california but i am hoping to get a chance to show him where i spent nearly 5 years of my life :) very excited!

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#965 of 1519 Old 03-28-2013, 07:40 AM

TF - Thanks for popping in! Have a great time with your mom. I love your siggie quote too smile.gif

chuord - Thanks friend! I hope I can uncross my fingers too. I feel a lot of relief from seeing the heartbeat along with my symptoms. I'm actually fine until I have to go to the doc, then I freak out all over again. So, I'm glad I only go again next week.

How's life in your neck of the woods?

Sila - Thanks for the reminder about the stats smile.gif This pg feel very different from the last three, so I'm taking comfort in that. I can't remember how it was when I was pg with DD. I know I had nausea, but I'm not sure when it started or how bad it was. So, I'm just thankful that I feel pretty terrible. Did you look up your due date? I have a vague sense when mine is, but I am just trying to focus on each day as it happens.

Indie - Your trip sounds fabulous! I'm so happy you get to get away with DH. I could use a trip away right about now. Hope you have a great time!

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#966 of 1519 Old 03-28-2013, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter

TF - Enjoy your time with your mom! I also noticed your siggie quote. Love.

Indie - Aw man. Too far north for me. I've actually never been to SF! This state is so big and there is so much to explore!

SKJ - I think I'll start to feel more confident once I hit 6wks. Avoiding the freak out about going into the Dr every wk is part of the reason I'm not doing it. Though I'm not really the freak out type anyway. Yes, by my ovulation date I think my EDD is Thanksgiving day (27th)? Or sometime between 11/27-12/1 maybe? If it's like DS it'll be a Dec baby. So you're like 9 days ahead of me or something?

AFM - Man did I sleep TERRIBLE!

ETA - I was just lurking on an IF blog that I haven't checked on in a while. Her beta's were almost the same as mine. She's pregnant with twins....

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#967 of 1519 Old 03-28-2013, 03:19 PM

Lol sila! I still think twins would be awesome... I asked my treatment lady I'd she had any thoughts re you and she 'felt' twin boys... But I always take it as interesting rather than gospel... I totally respect your choice to not get checked out but I have to admit I can't wait to find out if there is indeed two heartbeats!
Indie - it's been a while since you were this excited about a trip - it's so romantic and good for the soul... I forget that the down side to your job is you and dh spending lots of time apart... Have a wonderful time!
SKJ - I'm glad you can relax into your symptoms when not at the re... Have you and sila heard of these? Queasy pops they developed them for chemo patients, but are apparently really good for m/s... I'm an any excuse for a lolly girl ūüėú just in case you both get to where you have enjoyed 'enough' happy pg symptoms.
TF - I hope you have a fab time with your mom! Have you caught up with her since your loss? I'm hoping she's a good support for you.
Afm - my parents are arriving on Saturday and stating for a few weeks (if anyone is bored and wants to google - they live in ulverstone Tasmania... And we are in Carindale in qld.)
They're about 2.5 hrs direct flight away - so we make a good time of it... Still working on my lead light... I then need to pull my finger out and get onto my textile stuff - our group is having a stand alone exhibition in a few weeks.. I'm a bit over it at present but want to help support them. O is probably only 3-4 days away, but sore throat and I'm not temping anymore... So we'll see if I can manage this 'romantic' version lol

me 39, DH 39, one no babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties in waiting. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July... Waiting
#968 of 1519 Old 03-29-2013, 05:15 AM

Yup, coworker is def due within a week of my loss date. Awesome. Still hasn't told me. She's starting to show too... Feeling down today. I also have a birthday thing for my mom tonight and its only 7 of us.., one of which is my cousin that's due the same time. It's a cruel cruel world.

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#969 of 1519 Old 03-29-2013, 05:59 AM

toothfairy, i honestly don't know how you are handling all of this. it's one thing to have these she's-pregnant-and-due-at-the-same-time-you-were situations socially where you can just bow out and not participate (and that's totally what i would do -  not even think twice about canceling plans and hiding out!) but when you are faced with them both at work and in your family (where there really isn't much chance for escape)... i just don't know how i would hold up. the only advice i can give you is don't let anyone make you feel guilty for how you feel or responsible for how they are feeling (i'm thinking of your cousin here!) - you do what you need to do to get through this. grouphug.gif

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#970 of 1519 Old 03-29-2013, 06:19 AM

Oh, TF - so lousy. I'm so sorry and second everything indie said. Hard stuff, I'm so sorry you have to put up with it all. Dreadful. Hope the qt with your mom is helpful, though. Sending you a big hug!

J(30) + J(34) = E(6/2009)  ...  + ?(?)  

We homebirth.jpgtreehugger.gifcd.gif and so on...joy.gif

#971 of 1519 Old 03-29-2013, 07:56 AM

I second all the emotions here tf. What a sh*t storm. I hope being with your mom helps soften the blows a little. Thinking of you. hug2.gif

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#972 of 1519 Old 03-29-2013, 11:58 AM

There is so much for me to catch up on...

Sila- It seems like a lot of people end up telling their dentist (or their chiropractor!) first. I'm glad it was a good experience and I think it is a great coincidence about your son. On to good things! I got your package, it made my day to get real mail! Your betas really could go either way, single or twins. Guess you'll know in a few weeks!

adiejan- Sounds like you handled the situation as well as you could. It is really nice that your brother was so thoughtful of your feelings & that you feel supported by the women in your family. Trigger shots always caused me O pain but back then I also had endometriomas that would bleed so I don't know if that is common. It is supposed to cause ovulation 36 hours later though so 930 pm Wednesday... sorry if someone already said that!

jpack- That happens to me every single time I see an RE (or any doctor for that matter). I agree with whoever said to write a list of questions and give it to him at the beginning, or ask if you can fax your questions the day before so he has time to review your concerns. I always found his nurse to be very understanding... I have a list in my head for next Wednesday. I should take me own advice because I know FOR SURE I'll back down and then not be satisfied. Did you say before someone has recommended a local RE who actually listens/works with you? We need to chat again... I have some ideas.

Shell- Not yet! Beginning of May I think.Good to see you are still around & hopeful for your success without intervention!

indie- Your experience having endometritis is giving me some internal need to HAVE to have a biopsy before my FET. Especially if it can occur after d & c. That or I could just have my boss prescribe me 2 z-paks and take them pre-emptively. I'll have to see what he says next week. I'm so excited for you to start your custom fit protocol. I'm not even sure I know what all your meds are for! 

SKJ- Looks like everything is moving right along. How are you feeling?

chuord- Enjoy the visit with your parents and making time for some romantic loving! My mom came up for my d & c but I haven't seen her since then.

AFM- The time with my mom hasn't been exactly relaxing. Wednesday my sister was around most of the time, yesterday I worked and then had a filling (ouch) and then therapy so by the time I got home I was numb and tired. Today we have a birthday thing for her and family (though I did come out and say why the eff didnt my pregnant cousin get the hint and just stay home, that made me feel slightly better). We did talk about some things that came up at therapy so that was good. Tomorrow we have egg decorating at my friends house (thank GOD because nobody is pregnant there and they are all loving & supportive). Sunday I have another day filled with kids. Not relaxing at all... I had such anxiety for my filling yesterday but am so grateful that it is done and over with when I'm not pregnant... I hate dental work. I love my job, I love getting my teeth cleaned, I hate the idea of them chopping away my tooth and never having it back. Medical wise, I really want some anti-anxiety meds. Now with seeing my coworker every day I feel so anxious. She's getting bigger and I'm not. I'm just the same as always. It is so weird because I haven't had any anxiety in years, not much through this whole process and now it just comes on like a wave and I can't cope. I hate this feeling. I hate being out of control. I know talking about it helps and you all are supprtive but even here I feel whiney, like it is the same thing over and over again. Maybe the Ayurvedic treatments will help. I am supposed to see the doctor next week, she has plans for me (not sure what that means!). She knew just looking at me that I hold everything in and just the way she spoke was like she understood what I needed to work out of me to have success again. Also, they are a big fan of a vegetarian diet for fertility... I'm really not there yet. On top of everything else someone hit my car (hit and run) and broke my front bumper (no it was not me when I drove into a cement wall last week, I checked then and nothing was broken!!).
Happy Good Friday and Easter to those who celebrate. I am actually looking forward to the candlelight vigil tomorrow. I can't believe I'm only 5 DPO. This cycle has been going on forever. 

#973 of 1519 Old 03-29-2013, 01:52 PM

You aren't whiney at all, TF. I definitely support you getting some meds to get you through this difficult time with your coworker getting bigger around you, when you should have been. WHY DOES IF SUCK SO SO MUCH?! It is just so, so unbelieveably unfair. It feels like pregnant people are lurking around every corner. I went to a passover seder this week where a guest was, SURPRISE, pregnant, with the due date I had my last pregnancy. SUCKS.

Did anyone read this blog post? http://www.stevewiens.com/2013/03/26/ten-words-that-describe-infertility/

I identified with it SO much. I especially identified with feeling awkward, and ambivalent. After so much trying and so many miscarriages, there gets to be a point where you simply run out of Fs to give. The next time I get a positive pregnancy test, I will experience many conflicting emotions, one of them for sure being "so what?". This experience that is supposed to be so beautiful and life-changing has been robbed from us and instead we're left with feeling empty and numb about it. 

Thinking of all of you.

Big congrats to SKJ for the heartbeat, and Sila for having such great beta numbers. I hope the rest of us aren't too far behind...

Happily married for 5 years. Tried for our first baby 6/2011, got preg right away, and miscarried. Took a 4 month break, and then had nothing but infertility & a few early miscarriages until 12/2012 when we learned I had a lumpy edge in my uterus. Doc removed it and now we are trying again....

#974 of 1519 Old 03-29-2013, 02:42 PM

dammit, daurelia. you just made me cry in a target parking lot. that link you posted was the most perfect description of what this has been like. i could sit here and sob, actually. but i won't. i have a family dinner to go to.

toothfairy - you have handled all of this with way more grace than i ever have. you are the furthest from whiny. complain away. even if it's the same complaint every day.

#975 of 1519 Old 03-29-2013, 03:04 PM

I nearly cried eating dinner but its been that kind of day. Like I just want to cry & feel bad for myself.

#976 of 1519 Old 03-29-2013, 03:55 PM

Morning ladies!
TF- huge hugs!!! I also agree with everything that has been said, do whatever you need to get through - don't participate when you can't take anymore... Don't think you are whiny - remember this Is the safe place where you really can let it all out... We love you regardless. I'm thinking anxiety tablets are a good idea to try - SKJ I'd t you try something that was ttc friendly? In the mean time I used to buy travel sickness tablets called 'kwells' in a blue packet... They helped a lot with my anxiety, settled the tummy muscles and made me feel more relaxed.. (They can make you a little sleepy but only when relaxed - when you wouldn't need them) and they are o we the counter. I'm so glad you will be away on holiday around your loss date,you can switch your phone off and not care about these others. I'm not pushing, please don't think so, but is there any natural style healing you do that you feel would help heal your soul? You are being so brave and coping soo well, but it seems clear your body and soul is still mourning your loss so strongly... Is there anything you feel drawn to to help the healing? Not to forget, but to find enough peace to be able to move onto the next baby, to nurture and keep it.
Indie, SKJ, sila, daurelia, adiejan, shell, Chrissy - big hugs...
For light relief and laughter... Here's a pic of my Leadlight for dad, it's my own design... And almost finished - thankfully! (I dream of solder - so not cool)

#977 of 1519 Old 03-29-2013, 04:22 PM

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
#978 of 1519 Old 03-29-2013, 04:23 PM

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
#979 of 1519 Old 03-29-2013, 04:34 PM

dust.gif

#980 of 1519 Old 03-29-2013, 04:36 PM

Ok the first pic was about 45 seconds....the last at 10minutes...much darker....omg.

dust.gif

#981 of 1519 Old 03-29-2013, 04:51 PM

Sherry- you've turned my frown upside down. I'm so happy for you.

#982 of 1519 Old 03-29-2013, 05:17 PM

Woo hoo sherry!!!!! Fantastic news!

#983 of 1519 Old 03-29-2013, 05:28 PM

sherry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i want more details! symptoms? eeeeeek!!!

#984 of 1519 Old 03-29-2013, 05:49 PM

dust.gif

#985 of 1519 Old 03-29-2013, 06:00 PM

Cd 27
Bd on cd 13 & 15
On tuesday morning i felt crampy and had a major mood swing during which a texted dh that he didn't love me... etc. Haha....like the good old Clomid days
Once last night and this am....dizzy inducing hotflashes. I was thinking menopause....
Ugh
I wasn't paying attention....i had to have a pittsburgh steak salad and chocolate on tuesday.....or i was gonna die!! Pms right??? Ummmm
No nausea. No breast tenderness...some insomnia.
Of course right now i feel like i'm gonna throw up...but jeeze...i think thats emotional...

Sorry to jump back in this way! All you newbies i haven't even back read...i am sitting on my bed with a grouchy teething drooling baby trying to do this on my phone. So just hi everyone!

dust.gif

#986 of 1519 Old 03-29-2013, 08:18 PM

Wow, Sherry, holy cow that's a pretty sight! Can't wait to see tomorrow's! That's really, really, really exciting!!!! Yay!!!!!!

J(30) + J(34) = E(6/2009)  ...  + ?(?)  

We homebirth.jpgtreehugger.gifcd.gif and so on...joy.gif

#987 of 1519 Old 03-29-2013, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Wow Sherry! Such exciting news!

TF- It can be so rough when there is a boom of bfps. Thinking of you. I don't really know what else to say other than I have felt everything you have described. I've been there and so have many others that are here. We're here for you. I'm glad my package made it!  My beads are simple but I loved them. I also realized I probably didn't need to mail my beads for myself to you...doh. Just mail me back a little baggie when you mail the rest :)

Night.

#988 of 1519 Old 03-29-2013, 08:21 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Holy sh*t, Sherry!! Over the moon excited for you!!

Tf - hugs baby girl.

Me - 39
DH - 40
DS - 5 ASD and severe adhd
#989 of 1519 Old 03-30-2013, 03:05 AM

Hi ladies

Sila and skj congrats!!!"

Indie happy belated birthday

Tf...oh. i am sorry things are feeling so rough...i feel like a jerk. I didn't read first. Xanax has its place...anxiety is awful. I hope you enjoy your mom and can relax and be distracted. My trick....think about how sorry you would feel if coworker lost the pregnancy and then try to be glad she isn't... i am not sure that makes sense but somehow it works for me...when i would like to throttle someone....

Chrissy- thanks!

Hi everyone else.

Well i finally got dh past shock and speaking coherently...we have a trip to Vegas Tuesday-Sunday....um it was part of our first steps to enjoying our adult babyless future....um so anyway...we wont do any quants till after we get back if it's still holding. Its so against the odds. U/S if quants get to 2000...and hope its not ectopic... nothing too reassuring as we look at the hard truth. edc dec 8.i will be 42 him 48 by then. His paßt month of financial and future pplanning is out the window....life sometimes happens when you are making other plans...never truer to us than now.

Thanks to you all for the congrats....i cant imagine being stuck out here with noone to tell.

dust.gif

#990 of 1519 Old 03-30-2013, 04:19 AM

Congrats sherry! Nice to 'meet' youūüėĄ

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page