Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition - Page 37 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1081 of 1519 Old 04-11-2013, 02:21 PM

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
SKJ - you made me smile, I'm so happy that you can enjoy a glimmer of hope this may succeed! I really hope you get your desired birthing choice, and that it's an awesome experience.
Sila - lol I don't mind at all - we all know that right now you are a little preoccupied (with the twins lol)
Indie - how are you going/feeling at the moment,
Jpack - didn't you say ages ago that you might try using skj's re remotely if things didn't start to change? Btw I think you need huge props for coping with your fourth cycle of crazy making meds in a row 😳 that's a brave thing! I'd be doing breaks as sila and indie have said...
Larski - hi there😄

me 39, DH 39, one cat.gifno babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now whistling.gif (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.
#1082 of 1519 Old 04-11-2013, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Everyone, This my first time posting on this thread, but from reading through I'm thinking this might be the group for me. I'm almost 38 and have been TTC for 13 months now with no success. Tried clomid for the first time this past cycle. AF arrived in full force this morning (after 2 days of spotting), so I'm counting today at day 1. I went to the dr today and they did an ultra sound to check my folicles and lining. Everything looked ok, so going to try clomid again this cycle. They also gave me some samples of pregnitude. Have any of you tried pregnitude or know anything about it? We still need to get DH's sperm count checked, just trying to narrow down possibilities. I had an HSG several months ago and my Fallopian tubes were open, so that's off the list. I conceived for the first time in 2007 and had a miscarriage at 12 weeks, and then TTC for 6 months before having our son in October of 2008. I think what is hardest about the long TTC road I seem to be on is the not knowing why or what I can do about it.

anthropologist mama to sweet 4-year-old boy

#1083 of 1519 Old 04-11-2013, 05:44 PM

Sorry, everyone, don't know why my message posted twice.

#1084 of 1519 Old 04-12-2013, 12:00 PM

Hi illaria, sorry about your ending up here, but happy to have you- are you seeing an RE? I don't know what pregnitude is. I'll look it up though!

Larski- sorry about your losses, yeah, I had an early loss followed by a blighted ovum last year, and another early loss a couple months ago. So I can relate, and it's awful, but there are some easy, first-line approaches that might help! I'm with the rest, share what your comfortable with and happy help!

SKJ, great pic and thank you so much for what you wrote! More on that below!

Sila- love the update and totally hear you - I'm exactly the same, I don't actually throw up, but that pressing nausea is rough! It could ease up soon! And thanks for the comeraderie about a break!

Indie- fat cow club, here I come! Thanks a bajillion for everything you said!

Chuord- thanks and yeah, I would love to consult with SKJ's RE, but probably not until the summer- I don't have the cash for an un-insurance- covered consult at the moment. Also, my next cycle will be in low dose fsh, so I feel ok about that cycle. Of course, I say that now... wink1.gif but unless I experience another early loss this cycle, I feel good about moving forward next cycle then reassessing after (and seeking other opinions).

Everybody else - some day I'll get a minute in front of my computer to hammer out a half-decent post! But til then, I just can't thank you all enough for the support and kind words! Thanks to you all (and to a realization that with odds so low, I might as well enjoy coffee) I'm doing way, way better over the last two days! I'm just so, so thankful to have you all and this place to vent. I think I really went through that disappointment-at-the-end-of-an-unsuccessful-cycle bit the other day. And now I'm on the other side and feel really good. I think if I didn't get pregnant until after this teaching situation in June, it'd actually be a pretty good thing! So thanks everybody, you are so wonderful!

J(30) + J(34) = E(6/2009)  ...  + ?(?)  

We homebirth.jpgtreehugger.gifcd.gif and so on...joy.gif

#1085 of 1519 Old 04-12-2013, 04:36 PM

Thanks, jpack. I'm not seeing a RE, just my OB. I've read some about pregnitude and it's an OTC supplement that is supposed to help with egg quality. I guess it's worth a shot.

#1086 of 1519 Old 04-12-2013, 05:45 PM

Sila, sounds like you have a super funny, supportive husband. (“All the sick!”)

Thanks for the kind welcome, everyone.  For a little more background about me, I’m 31 and my DH is 38.  I had a copper IUD for about 3.5 years, and got it taken out a few months ago.  My cycles are pretty regular (27 or 28 days) and my luteal phase is 14 days, too, at least in the time I’ve been charting.  I don’t have endometriosis or PCOS (not that I know of yet, at least).  I have pushed for a referral from my ob/gyn to the RE.  I don’t know if that’s completely necessary at this stage, but it didn’t seem like the ob/gyn was going to do any bloodwork other than the basic HCG/STD testing, so I am happy that I have an appointment lined up.  It is not until the end of May, though, so I think that I might go ahead and try again this cycle and am considering just taking baby aspirin on my own.  I may also start with some B12.  I don’t know if that is the wisest course, but it seems like it’s worth a shot.  And, if it turns out to be another chemical, that will be another data point for the doc. I just have to make sure I can stay rational about the whole thing. 

Any advice, tips, comments are most welcome—I have no idea what I’m doing.  I feel like most of what I’m reading on-line say that multiple chemicals usually mean something is going on that needs to be addressed.  But I also realize the sample bias, since most people don’t necessarily test as neurotically as I do.  But plenty do! 

#1087 of 1519 Old 04-12-2013, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Welcome larski - Sorry to hear about your miscarriages, it really is the worst. Seeing a new doctor with some specialty in reproductive medicine instead of just an obgyn will hopefully give you more clarity. I don't know much regarding chemical pregnancies but hoping there is something that can help your next BFP stick. I've never heard for the supplement you mentioned but if they are recommending it than hopefully it really works. Baby aspirin is a good start, but you should be looking at B6 instead of B12, B6 helps to strengthen the follicle and create a stronger corpus luteum so your progesterone is higher. Not that B12 will harm anything, but I don't know any specific fertility benefits (more energy if that counts?). 

Welcome Illaris- How did you feel on Clomid? It wasn't until my 3rd cycle on it I started feeling really truly crazy so hopefully you'll have success with this next round and never get there! Are you seeing an RE or doing any monitoring for lining or follicle sizes or just Day 1 (Day 3) monitoring? I'd like to say time brings answers but as most of us can tell you, sometimes time just brings more confusion and fewer answers. For now every cycle is another chance of success and we will be here to help you through it. Share as much or as little as you want, it is a great group here and I hope if you need it we become your safe place. Of course, the hope is always that you won't need us for very long and will be graduating shortly.

Chuord- I got your package today!! Do you need a set sent back to you or do you have some for yourself at home? They are beautiful by the way. When I started this I wanted to keep all the packages closed so I could feel like you all when they come as a complete set.... I never was very good at surprises, so it feels like Christmas every time one comes. I can't wait to get them all together so you can experience how cool it is to have a little piece of each of you... it is super cool by the way!

jpack- Glad you made it past the crazy part of the cycle. I know you are trying to move on to next month already but you have all of us cheering on the 'little egg that could' this month. 

Sila- It is pretty much the only time in life it is good to feel the sick! There was a time when my hubby was super fit and healthy (relative terms)... he says when he is done with grad school and travel for work it will get better so we'll see! Fortunately his good qualities outweigh the bad so I count my blessings. We know too many couples just in bad relationships! 

SKJ- I'm glad you're able to settle into some deeper hope that this is the baby who will join your family. Everything so far looks good and promising. Is there much difference in OB vs midwife care up until 30 weeks anyway? Can you meed the midwives at the time or do you have to wait the full 30 weeks? 

bebe- I never got to comment on your baby shower- it sounds fabulous and baby girls are always so well dressed because who can help but buy too many adorable outfits! Are you still out of work and taking advantage of your time to prepare and organize??

indie- This whole process leaves a fat lazy feeling because you can still do stuff but not to the ability you used to. After 3 years of working out only the first 2 weeks of a cycle and then taking it easy for 2 weeks, my figure has certainly changed. The hope is still that eventually pregnant belly will take over and those extra pounds from the TTC years will blend in. Right? Did you find some books or things to keep you distracted during the next few weeks? I know you are lucky enough to have nice weather and get outside as a distraction too (jealous). 

Not sure if I missed anyone as I can only see this one page and can't remember when I last checked in. 

AFM- The hysteroscopy and biopsy went as well as I could expect. It was pretty darn uncomfortable for three 20 second intervals. First for the hysteroscopy, which was pretty cool because I now intimately know what the inside of my uterus looks like. Really I can't wait until my embryos go back so I can visualize where they are making their home. Second they did the biopsy, which was done twice to make sure there are enough cells to check for endometritis. That part was much worse but it was quick. Not quick enough of course but the juice was worth the squeeze, I am so happy to have dotted all my i's and crossed all my t's to be ready for transfer. Now we just wait for AF. My husband will be gone CD11-18 and with the biopsy today we can't BD before he leaves so there is no opportunity this month. Here we are at April 12th, 4 more weeks and we will know a transfer date! Also, I think we are settled on putting both back. We have really listed out the pros and cons of both and are feeling comfortable with the risks of a twin pregnancy. In the middle of the biopsy I shouted out 'I think B was right that I will not survive natural childbirth!!!'. Intense. Seriously intense. 

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#1088 of 1519 Old 04-12-2013, 08:55 PM

Yay for the package arriving TF! I already have one each of those ones - but thank you for checking! I can imagine that it's soo much fun getting the packages, I love mail order stuff arriving. 😃
It sounds like the hysteroscopy and biopsy went really well, and you feel really positive about the next ivf cycle... I think that it's great you are both happy with trying two embryos - it's always great when the team are on the same side... Looking forward to the next exciting step in your journey!
Larski, illaria - I'm not going to be offering much in the way of advice (as I dont know lol) but ill definitely be in the support camp 😊 wishing you lots of baby dust and finding the solutions you need!
Hugs everyone else!

me 39, DH 39, one cat.gifno babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now whistling.gif (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.
#1089 of 1519 Old 04-13-2013, 05:22 PM

toothfairy2be- thanks for your support and warm welcome. I'm not seeing a RE, just my normal OB. This cycle I'll be getting a check of my follicles and lining at cd 13 and a check of my progesterone at cd 23. So far, I haven't noticed any side effects from clomid, just feeling like my normal self, but I've only completed one cycle and am just starting my second one.

chuord - thanks, I appreciate the support and baby dust smile.gif

#1090 of 1519 Old 04-15-2013, 07:45 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Welcome Larski and Illaria!

How is everyone doing?! Been so quiet around here.

Me - 39
DH - 40
DS - 5 ASD and severe adhd
#1091 of 1519 Old 04-15-2013, 09:51 AM

chuord - Thanks for the good thoughts blowkiss.gif Where are you in your cycle?

illaria - Hi and welcome. I'm so sorry for your loss. And, I'm so sorry TTC is taking so long. Do you feel confident in your OB? I ask b/c there is a lot more that an RE can offer. But, hopefully you are one of those lucky ladies who does great on Clomid and that's all you need! I've never heard of that supplement, but I took a TON of supplements for egg quality/low ovarian reserve. I think it can't hurt to try.

jpack - glad you are feeling better about things. What's on deck for you? As for coffee, I had a glass of wine after my second beta b/c I was worried about things not working out again. No guilt here smile.gif

larski - Great that you have an appointment lined up! I hope this month is successful and you don't even need it. I had two back to back early losses. My hcg just didn't double properly and then started to drop. My RE thinks my issue is hormonal. I ended up doing an HCG trigger shot when I got my natural LH surge. Then, I stared on progesterone and estrogen after ovulation, and did a second HCG shot mid-way through my LP. I'm now 9 weeks - the farthest I've gotten since I had DD. But, my LP was only 7-12 days depending on the cycle. It could be that your progesterone just isn't adequate towards the end of your LP. I agree with TF - B6 is the vitamin that should help. You could also try OTC progesterone cream.

TF - Ouch! That sounds painful. Glad you got to know your uterus though. How cool is that? And, I'm glad you are feeling good about putting 2 back. I can't wait for your transfer!!!

AFM - I'm 9 weeks and feeling horrible. I've got nausea AND heartburn now. I actually took today off b/c I just couldn't stand the thought of going to work. I feel so pathetic. And, I keep thinking that if this time doesn't work out, I don't think I could go through this again. I hate feeling like that. I hate that I can't just enjoy(?) this and be confident that this will work out. Part of me feels like this is it, but then the other part of me reminds me not to get too comfortable. It sucks. I have another appointment tomorrow. I'm worried b/c last week, I measured 9w0d. Tomorrow I will be 9w2d. I'm nervous the baby will measure normally, but that it will mean it didn't grow much from last week. Ugh. Why is it always something?? I've also been seriously considering a CVS. I just feel like I need the results to feel comfortable, but I'm scared of putting myself at risk for a miscarriage. I wish these decisions were easier. It sucks b/c there is a very small window of time to decide what to do. Sorry to be such a debbie downer. I'm sure I'll snap out of it soon. And, I hate that it sounds like I'm complaining. I'm really just feeling scared and unsure of things.

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#1092 of 1519 Old 04-15-2013, 11:02 AM

SKJ, it does not sound like you're complaining at all.  Your fears/concerns sound completely reasonable to me.  Wish I could contribute more. 

TF, thanks for the correction--yes, B6, that's what I meant!  I just picked up a B-50 complex (since I've been reading that it's better to take all the Bs together), and just started taking baby aspirin.  But, I called me PCP today to make sure that this was safe for me to do and was told not to take the baby aspirin.  I only got to talk to the nurse (the doctor was not in the office).  She said there was nothing in my medical history suggesting that it would be a problem, but that she had never heard of baby aspirin being good for ttc or pregnancy and that as an NSAID, she couldn't approve of my using it.  Hmm... Not sure what to do with that.  Firing back with "the internet says it is usually fine" doesn't carry a lot of weight, and my ob/gyn seemed pretty clueless about it, too.  I'm wondering if I should switch doctors, or just step back from this whole thing and relax.  I just feel like I should be doing everything I can to avoid it happening again.

It would be nice if I could just draw my own blood and send it in for a thrombophilia panel just to see if it's worth taking the baby aspirin or not.  

#1093 of 1519 Old 04-15-2013, 11:27 AM

Larski - Two of the three RE's I saw said to not take aspirin. The third said to take it along with lovenox (blood thinner). I did have a thorough work-up and still only the third doc saw something worth treating. I don't want to say, "yes, take it" because I'm not a doctor, but I was leaning towards taking it anyway. I didn't see much risk.

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#1094 of 1519 Old 04-15-2013, 11:42 AM

Illaria and Larski, welcome. I know all too well the sneaking, sinking feeling like your fertility journey is not going to be the quick thing you thought it would be.

Larski, I'm sad for your miscarriage. I've had two and they are so depressing, like so hard to explain how sad they are. As for your doc not knowing about baby aspirin and feritlity, I'd say that's fertility 101 and in my experience, doctors who aren't REs have NO F-ING CLUE about any of this stuff. I suffered with my gynecologist my first miscarriage and the first 9 months of my infertility who not only had no clue about stuff but would say incorrect things with such authority that I believed her (such as, she said progesterone levels during the luteal phase had no bearing on fertility. THAT IS SO FALSE!). As for vitamins, I started taking B6 this past fall and I got pregnant right away (and then miscarried), so from personal experience, it works...

TF-- beads coming to you next week! Thanks for giving me so much time to get it to you. I'm glad the hysteroscopy went well and now you have all that detailed information about your lady parts :) How is your family stuff going?

SKJ- hang in there. I feel like with us there's always something to worry about, you never truly feel like this is actually going to happen... and that SUCKS. I see all the ultrasounds on facebook and I get so resentful that I will never get to have that innocent joy over pregnancy. I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow and that you figure out which tests you are OK with doing. I really just know this is going to work out for you, even though you understandably can't just relax and feel that way!

jpack, I'm so sorry you were so low last week. Truly, the disappointment of getting AF when you have struggled with fertility is a low that no one else can understand except for women like us. Like the combo of hormones with the crushing disappointment of yet again not being pregnant, having to sit out and wait for the next cycle, etc... it's just the worst.

Sila, I'm glad you feel gross :) 

AFM, I'm OK. Waiting to ovulate. Seeing pregnancy, birth announcements, etc EVERYWHERE lately and am just feeling really resentful and low. That said, I just decided to make an appointment with my RE for not the next cycle but the cycle after. Crazy, I know right? I don't know, maybe I'll regret this plan in a month if/when I get another negative, but I just think I want to have a bit more faith and give this natural thing a little more time (not a lot more time though).

If/when I get AF again we're going to pull the trigger on some plane tix for a vacation this summer... right now we are thinking Iceland. It is my sincere hope that this is our last hurrah before becoming parents.

Happily married for 5 years. Tried for our first baby 6/2011, got preg right away, and miscarried. Took a 4 month break, and then had nothing but infertility & a few early miscarriages until 12/2012 when we learned I had a lumpy edge in my uterus. Doc removed it and now we are trying again....

#1095 of 1519 Old 04-15-2013, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Larski - So sorry for your losses. It sounds like you haven't been trying for too too long, so I would give it another couple months - end of May when you have your appt. sounds good ;) Then I'm going to push for you to see an RE and at least get the CD3 blood panel. Make sure DH gets an Semen Analysis as well. That is PARAMOUNT! It sounds like everything is pretty good with you, regular cycles, ovulating, great luteal phase, but you never know. And wouldn't it suck to have everything right on your end only to find out a long time later that the issue was on your partner's side? So get that done. My husband is pretty funny, though I'm so emotional right now I'm not really enjoying his humor. Welcome to the group!

Illaria - For you my dear, I'm most certainly going to recommend seeing an RE ASAP! You've been trying for OVER a year without success and you are over 35yrs of age. <---- Really hoping you don't take offense to that. Get a referral to an RE, get DH checked out, get the CD3 panel (especially FSH/AMH which can help determine ovarian function and ovarian reserve), then maybe 1-2 more cycles of Clomid MAX before moving on to more aggressive treatment. I'm not sure how determined you are to grow your family, but given your history and age I would not hesitate to be assertive in getting the care and treatment you need and deserve. I would just hate to see you plugging along for another few years only to find out in your 40's that IVF is your option. And I'm totally not saying it is, I just find it so so sad when people do not realize they have options only to realize it's now to late and they have no options. 

Jpack - Awesome, glad you are feeling more confident about things!!!

TF - Glad the biopsy is over and that you will have a transfer date soon! I read on the IVF thread that you are doing a "natural" FET? Explain. You aren't really being suppressed then? I'm glad you have come to a decision that you feel comfortable with as far as how many to transfer. And I totally have faith in you that you could do it "natural"! Honestly, it's so much different than any painful procedure, at least to me any ways...but I'm weird like that.

SKJ - I loved hearing your feelings on home birth and hospital birth. Hands down you need to birth where you are comfortable. I really do hope you get to transfer to the midwives. OMG my DH gained while I was pg with DS too. Mostly because I was too sick/tired/lazy/working too much to cook for him I suppose. I on the other hand barely managed to gain 25lbs and had an 8lb baby! I know I haven't gained yet, but my pants are tight in the waist already! The exact same pair of jeans I retired at like 16wks with DS, I think I'm ready to retire at 8 wks! I can feel my uterus already when I'm laying on my side. I bet yours is above your pubic bone? I can't wait for you to have a little bump! I'm glad you feel terrible, as terrible as it is, I know it helps me emotionally in some aspect. I was really struggling with the same worries/thoughts/feelings the last couple days so I totally understand how you feel. As far as growth, I was reading in one of my pregnancy books that the baby nearly doubles in size from weeks 7 to 8 and has a big growth spurt. Which could explain why you measured "big" last week. I'm sure baby did grow this week too! I love seeing your u/s because they give me an idea of where my baby should be a week from now.

Daurelia - Idk, I'm still pro breaks from the RE. I think they can be good even as hard as they are. I know it was certainly worth it for us as couple to take some long breaks. As long as you have "time" (still "young") I think it's totally a good idea. Announcement suck so much. Iceland sounds AMAZING!!!

AFM - I thought I was feeling a little better the last 2 days (though still feeling bad, but just not as bad) and it kind of worried me. This morning I woke up feeling really sick again though (but it's easing up a little now). I'm so emotional which doesn't help. What's really getting me is that I can smell EVERYTHING. I mean everything! I know DH thinks I've completely lost it. I swear both boys will have gas and it makes the whole room smell terrible and I want to cry. The 3yr old will admit to it, but the 30 yr old denies everything and says it's all in my head. But I swear it's there and only in a room that the 2 of them have been in and I have to leave to room! I'm so paranoid that friends are going to start mentioning my boobs. Because the are huge(er). 23 more days of daily shots in the butt then I can taper off. I read through a lot of posts on various forums about other people's experiences weaning off PIO. Most that were very sick reported feeling so much better once they weren't adding the excess hormones to their systems. Still, I'm scared to be off the meds (though there isn't much they would be doing at that point) and I'm scared to feel better.

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#1096 of 1519 Old 04-15-2013, 01:48 PM

SKJ - sila is totally right... You forgot to add the extra symptom, the hormonal emotional one that is bound to take all you fears and magnify them - not saying they're not real just that your body won't be helping to keep you your normal calm way - big hugs to the both of you. I still have an awesome good feeling about your pregnancies 😊 and am still hoping they're catching!
Hi everyone 😄!! Sorry on phone in bed with dh trying to hug me (tmi) will try for personals later...
Illaria and larski - I'm not sure if you know sila is also a doula, so she's seen a lot as well as her own... Everyone here (me excluded) has so much information and knowledge - I've often thought you ladies could set up an if guidance facility 😃
Afm - lol cd32 I know for sure, ff puts me at o on cd24 so 8dpo today, however it also has my cover line .35centigrade higher than last month (seems a lot) if I mentally re calibrate that to the lower position o could have been cd19... The reason I'm curious is I had spotting last night, and am waiting to see if its AF, I've taken two sets of abx this month which may? Have influenced o... Essentially I'm not stressing just curious, I can't be continuing to get mega stressed each month. Oh and my temp has been dipping the last couple of days.

#1097 of 1519 Old 04-16-2013, 07:05 AM

Just a quickie. Baby measured nine weeks three days which is right on target. Heart rate was 170 smile.gif

#1098 of 1519 Old 04-16-2013, 07:27 AM

Here's a pic. You can see a leg and foot and a hand. The circle is the yolk sac.

#1099 of 1519 Old 04-16-2013, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter

Super cute SKJ! Hi baby!

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#1100 of 1519 Old 04-16-2013, 07:37 AM

Omg SKJ! Hi cutie!

Me - 39
DH - 40
#1101 of 1519 Old 04-16-2013, 07:48 AM

Ok... time for personals smile.gif

Sila - I had the same thing around the exact same time as you. I had 2 days where things weren't so bad, and I definitely got freaked out. Since then, things have just gotten worse by the day mostly. Yesterday was the worst I've felt. I googled "when is m/s the worst" and most people said week 10, which had me so upset yesterday b/c I didn't think I could handle anything worse. Today, I feel better than yesterday, but still not great. I think your assessment of the progesterone must be right. I think the progesterone + high hcg is the absolute worst, so once you taper off the PIO and your hcg starts to level off and fall, I think things will get better. That's what I'm telling myself at least. Thanks for the reassurances too. It helps to know I"m not alone. What are we going to do when the m/s is over but before we feel anything? that's going to be the hardest period I think. Plus, at that point, I won't be having weekly checks anymore. Yikes!

Daurelia - Thanks for your confidence. It helps a lot to hear others are sure this will work. I want to feel that way, but I can't yet. I wonder if I ever will. I"m well past all my previous losses, but I still don't feel confident. It sucks that we all have suffered through losses and the innocence is gone. I remember being vaguely worried with DD, but just in the abstract sense of "people have miscarriages." I think having the missed miscarriage is what really did a number on me. Now, I panic every time I have an u/s b/c I'm immediately taken back to that moment when the midwife couldn't find a heartbeat.

I think it's a GREAT sign that you pushed back your appointment. That says a lot to me. I really believe in intuition. I hope this is your month and you can join all those other announcements.That is great that you have something to look forward to. Iceland would be amazing.

chuord - Thanks for the reassurances. It helps a lot. Glad you are so relaxed about your cycle. I'll be interested to see what happens!!

#1102 of 1519 Old 04-16-2013, 07:48 AM

Looks just like a mini baby!!!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#1103 of 1519 Old 04-16-2013, 09:16 AM

SKJ beautiful!!!! Perfect! Looks soooooooo sticky!!!!

How true- lost innocence. There are so many things that we take for granted. I hàve a tetraplegic patient who would give anything to be able to take a step on grass with bare feet and be able to feel it. I puts some things in focus for me.
Love what you have...and just keep working on the rest!

As our beads come together. As Mothers day approaches..as spring touches some of us snow dwellers...best of luck everyone. This always seems like such a fertile time.

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
#1104 of 1519 Old 04-16-2013, 02:08 PM

SKJ - baby looks gorgeous... You can even see changes from last u/s pic (lol I mean even novices like me)... Enjoy your m/s for as long as its there xxx
Sila - how are you going?
Sherry - what you said is soo true! When I was completely incapacitated with vestibular and migraine, getting up for a few hours only around meals - I got perspective from the charity work I did when young... There are always people with worse problems than you, no matter how bad things get... And you're right it gives you the strength to tell yourself you can do it knowing that they struggle through. Thanks for the reminder - and enjoy that sun!
Hi everyone else 😀😄 what exciting things are happening for you??

I hope none of you were affected by the Boston blast - hugs if you were 😔

I'm expecting AF today... I'm almost convinced I'm on a normal cycle this month.

#1105 of 1519 Old 04-16-2013, 04:46 PM

SKJ - I loved seeing the pic of your baby, so beautiful!

Thanks, everyone for your welcomes and understanding. It feels good to find such a supportive group of women who really understand what I'm going through.

Sila & SKJ - I feel very attached to my OB. My OB and staff were so great through my miscarriage and through the pregnancy and birth of my son, I just feel so comfortable with them that I'm having trouble considering someone else. However, I don't want to stay on clomid for too long, if it doesn't work out in the next couple cycles I will seriously consider going to an RE. Also, Sila, I'm not offended at all by you bringing up my age and I'll be 38 next month. I really thought I'd be pregnant by now. I appreciate all of your suggestions and I'm definitely going to start thinking about seeing an RE.

On another note, I'm leaving on work trip Thursday and will be gone through Monday, getting back on CD 12. Last month I'm pretty sure I ovulated on CD 14 or 15. Well, I just found out that DH will be gone for work on CD 14-16?! So our only chance is really CD 13, hopefully that will be close enough to ovulation. Pre-clomid I usually ovulated on CD 18, so I'm having trouble believing that I will really ovulate that early. I'm feeling like this cycle is pretty unlikely given the circumstances and wishing I hadn't even bothered with the clomid. TTC is such a roller coaster and although I know most of you have been on it longer than me, 13 months is feeling like a long ride.

#1106 of 1519 Old 04-18-2013, 10:36 AM

Quickie. Sad. Mom getting a pelvic exam and I'm surrounded by pg girls and women.

Me - 39
DH - 40
#1107 of 1519 Old 04-18-2013, 11:52 AM

Chrissy- greensad.gif I hate those days, hugs.

#1108 of 1519 Old 04-18-2013, 02:23 PM

Quick here, too, Chrissy, I'm sorry about that- I totally hear you- it's one reason I'm glad not to go to the ob any more. I've seen so many lately- with the kids stuff I've been going to lately and the warmer weather.

Sila 18 days left before you start weaning off? I can imagine it must be emotionally challenging!!

SKJ love the pic, very excited for you and you seem to be in such good, reassuring care!

Chuord AF?

AFM about to go for a nice walk with TF! smile.gif makes my week!

Things have been oh-kay around here. More later- going for a walk! smile.gif

J(30) + J(34) = E(6/2009)  ...  + ?(?)  

We homebirth.jpgtreehugger.gifcd.gif and so on...joy.gif

#1109 of 1519 Old 04-19-2013, 07:14 AM

Tf and jpack - thanks for the hugs and understanding. Hope you had a great walk!!

Me - 39
DH - 40
#1110 of 1519 Old 04-19-2013, 08:22 AM

SKJ-- your ultrasounds really give me hope that we all are next, because that sure as heck looks like a baby in there! This is really happening!

MindlessChrissy, I'm so sorry. It does feel like it's everywhere, all the time, like everyone else is so blissfully normal and has no clue what kind of agony it is to not be like that.

TF- I'm wondering how things are going with your family. Have they smoothed over at all?

jpack, enjoy your walk!

chuord, did you get AF?

Hope all is doing well. I'm from the Boston area and my fam is all OK, safely locked away indoors. No one was hurt on Monday though of course a little shaken.

AFM, it's my fertile phase. What sucks is that both me & hubby have some horrific death cold and can't stop hacking and wheezing. I'm mostly recovered but he's a couple days behind me. The poor guy, it really sucks to have to "perform" while this sick. ALTHOUGH: for my sickness I was taking robotussin (guaifenesin), and holy crap, I had TONS of EWCM. I never took that fertility suggestion seriously, but I was shocked to see how much I had. So hopefully that helps...  I just need to try and not obsess for the next two weeks.

Happily married for 5 years. Tried for our first baby 6/2011, got preg right away, and miscarried. Took a 4 month break, and then had nothing but infertility & a few early miscarriages until 12/2012 when we learned I had a lumpy edge in my uterus. Doc removed it and now we are trying again....

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page