Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition - Page 41 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1201 of 1519 Old 05-05-2013, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Hi All! I'm finally on my computer so I can really post! Daurelia- I'm so sorry. Your post made me cry because I so know that feeling. HUGS! Chrissy- I can't seem to find your explaination of what is going on with DS...It's definately good to get a diagnosis. Who initially diagnosed him and are you doing testing? I'm a psychotherapist and I'd love to hear what you're doing? SKJ- I was 13 dpo when I got the 20. I really think I implanted at 10 dpo because I looked back at my chart and I had a dip that day. Sooo amazing that you got to see your little one kicking around. I pray mine sticks so that I can see that! Sila- They actually haven't told me about my progesterone level which I find odd. I am going to ask on Monday. I am on a 200mg of progesterone a day still. Hope you are doing well cooking that little amazing bebe. I'm so sorry about your friend. That is awful...hugs to you and her! TF- Sending lots of good vibes your way! Sounds like you are getting all prepared for the transfer!! Yay for junkfood. Chourd- How are you? I see you supporting so much but not hearing much about you...you doing ok? Jpack- Go Rouge! I love it. Sending you lots of good vibes. Did you ever get your call with more info? Indie- Sending you lots of positive thoughts and energy. I hear you on the margarita! It is so hard not to worry even though it's pointless. I am praying things go well for you tomorrow!! Hi Ms Dolphin and Sherry! Hope you are having a good weekend! AFM- As I mentioned before I did my first beta 13dpo-20. The second was 15 dpo(friday) and it was 45. That was also the day AF was due. I am so happy that it doubled but I am still so nervous. Definitely having some strange cramping (does not feel at all like AF cramps) but no spotting or bleeding. I haven't heard from RE yet since my blood was drawn after they closed. I cheated and asked to have my own results from the lab I was too freaked out to wait all weekend. Im assuming that I will have another test soon. Any thoughts, advice, anything? I am really wondering if I implanted on 10dpo because I had a temp dip. Hoping this is my sticky take home baby! My HPTs keep getting darker so I will take that as a good sign. Once again much love to you all! Thanks for all of your support. It's so hard to talk to other people about all of this. They think oh your FINALLY pregnant lets plan for happy ever after and don't really understand the side of life that so many of you have endured. For right now I am going to be happy and positive because it has never happened before!

Me- 35 pcos DH- 37 no issues
TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
IUI #1 April 2013- BFP Ectopic May 2013 IUI #2,#3,#4 BFN
IVF #1 Dec 2013- BFP! MC 9 1/2wks.
IVF #2 June 2014- OHSS 5 frosties
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!
#1202 of 1519 Old 05-05-2013, 11:44 AM

Sorry that last one formatted so odd...ugghhhh

TTC since December 2008 9 clomid cycles...break! 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and TI
FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!
#1203 of 1519 Old 05-05-2013, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for the thoughts for my friend. I still feel really angry that this happened...

Jpack - Honestly, things sound like they are going so perfectly to me! It sounds like my cycle. Things move slowly at first, but they will grow! They look different because you have so many smaller ones that they are hiding behind each other. 16 is too small, Tuesday sounds good to me! I was on 75ui pretty much my whole cycle, I think there was one day he had me go up to 100, and down to 50 and even the day before triggering, nothing. I think my RE said on Follistim he wanted my follicles closer to 20 to trigger. I can't remember though...I would have to go back and check because I didn't write it down anywhere than here...

MsDolphin - Hi! We miss you!

Indie - Thanks for the update! Really really hoping this is it for you! What else can you do that will help you relax? I've been reading a lot...

Adiejan - Any news? Thinking of you!

ETA: Adiejan - Awesome, it doubled! Definitely ask about the progesterone! I think after 3 normally doubling betas the next thing is to wait until things get big enough to see something in there. That is how it is at my clinic. The cramping, even painful cramping is normal. But scary! I think the worst of it lasted until sometime after reaching 5wks.

SKJ, Chuord, ToothFairy, Chrissy, HI!

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#1204 of 1519 Old 05-05-2013, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)

Hi Ladies grouphug.gif

I actually made it to the computer, thinking it would be faster (so not... as it needed a restart)

Jpack - so glad that it was just like SKJ, Sila and TF said - so much extra growth over those few days! fx that O holds off until you are ready for it... however I'm with you I'd keep using the opk's just in case.

MsD - nice to hear from you, how are things with you?

Chrissy Sherry, how are you girls travelling? Any thing different happening at the moment? Chrissy have you managed to find some support for your son? It seems like you are having to spend so much longer searching than you should.

SKJ - heres hoping that you are relaxing and feeling pregnant... How is the fatigue and nausea going?

Sila - How are you feeling after your friends trauma? Also how are you going with the nausea and complete exhaustion?

Indie, Adiejan - thanks for the love ladies, its soo much appreciated... and lol no Indie, I had a rather large meltdown 48 hours ago... I was so angry at him I didn't want to speak... then it passed and I again managed to kill everything by letting the emotions out... He is understanding but effortless - except for the odd time after a blow out. sigh. I think the performance anxiety is making him him go all ostrich like and stick his head in the sand... Lol I even suggested not bothering to try and I'd get another pet instead. Subtle don't yah think? ROTFLMAO.gifSheepish.gifwild.gif Oh well, I will keep working on it, but his lack of participation is really annoying me... About a week ago I offered to go to a sperm bank and randomly get a chinese guys deposit so he wouldn't notice (I can be quite fiesty - in fact that was a work nickname, and a tad evil around the edges) Still no action... so ladies I am having a poo of a time with it over here too. Indie I appreciate what you said, but as you can see from above - so not a heroic figure in the taking the reverses lol, its just despite the bad there are so many good things in my life that I am so blessed with and grateful... I can't stay cranky forever. (though I do try at times!)

me 39, DH 39, one no babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties in waiting. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July... BFP! 15dpo 336 hcg, 17dpo 681 hcg... Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words
#1205 of 1519 Old 05-05-2013, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Sila- I'm so sad for your friend, it really pulls at my heartstrings to hear these things happen... I can't even imagine. So hard to trust in the abilities of your body when there are people all around us experiencing those things you only ever 'hear' about. Keep trusting in yourself and your body & we will all try and do the same, even through the angry unfair times of those around us. When is your midwife appointment to start looking for heartbeat(s)? 

SKJ- Hope that you're starting to feel better & get more relaxed as you head into the 2nd trimester. Goes by fast for all of us watching you but I know in your shoes it feels like it has taken ages to get to this point. 

chuord- DH and I had some of those ugly moments in the early stages of TTC. Sometimes it takes them seeing your passion to understand what it means to them too. Be gentle with yourself... there is so much emotion involved. You are very graceful in your perspective and really an inspiration... we all have our days where we let ourselves down!

Adie- Yay for doubling! I'm glad you asked them to contact you with the results. Waiting a whole weekend would be excruciating! At my clinic the 3rd beta is 4 days later so probably Tuesday. Praying this is your sticky baby.

jpack- Go rogue! I'm not sure what you have in mind but sometimes you just have to take control. Are you talking about trying to push everything to get to an IVF transfer or just a few good eggs? I feel like I'm having deja vu... We need to catch up!

MsD- Nice to see you are still around with us! What is the update on you though?!

indie- Keeping everything crossed for you tomorrow and I've been thinking good thoughts and energy to your growing eggs all day. Everytime I see something beautiful I send out good thoughts to all of you! Also, it's Vienna Fingers I've been eating, like the cream filled cookies, it made me laugh to see vienna sausages because I've never had a vienna sausage. I have however eaten 2 packages of vienna fingers... for shame.

Chrissy- Thinking of you and your mom and your son. The system can be so hard to work with to get the aid you need for your child. My only experience is family members but you really need to advocate for their rights and education. We've all said it before but it doesn't hurt to say again how lucky he is to have you as a mother. How are things TTC wise? Any updates?

Sherry- Finishing up my packages today DH started singing Sherry, Sherry baby when he saw yours. It reminded me of the 'old days'. 

AFM- I have my ultrasound Friday to check lining and follicle size and then blood work to check estrogen, progesterone and LH.  It is still possible to get cancelled with natural FET if things don't progress how they want them. So I'm trying to keep my emotions and my googling at bay. It is surreal because although I know in 2 weeks (give or take) I'll be getting embryos implanted, I sometimes forget that it is really going to happen and life is just totally normal. It certainly isn't a perfect month diet and exercise wise. Like I said, carbs have been a problem for me and my yoga studio closed so I haven't been exercising. I haven't really been doing my meditations or getting enough sleep either. Last night I took a Jello shot at a party. This must be what relaxing about a cycle feels like, right? This is good?

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#1206 of 1519 Old 05-05-2013, 06:57 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

daurelia - I'm sorry about your bfn. They suck!

SKJ - Glad you had a good appointment.

Adiejan - Yay for doubling! DS was diagnosed adhd by his therapist but the autism hasn't been diagnosed officially yet.

Indie - Fingers crossed for you!

chuord - I'm sorry you're out this month. Hugs.

Sherry - HUGS!

Sila - Major healing vibes to your friend.

MsD - How are you?

Jpack - Grow follies!

TF - Hope everything lines up for your FET.

Afm - I'm sorry that my personals aren't long recently. Thinking of all of you!! On cd9 and that's about it. Still no new news on my Mom. Just waiting for an appointment for her and one for DS. Just waiting, waiting, waiting. GAH!

Me - 39 - mthfr c677t and multiple unknown caused m/c's
DH - 40 - old and cranky
DS - 6 - ASD and severe adhd
#1207 of 1519 Old 05-05-2013, 07:31 PM

Thanks TF, that was much appreciated!
I am totally praying and wishing for you this month!

me 39, DH 39, one no babies yet due to previous poor health. Trying to make up for it now (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, two transferred bfn, 4 frosties in waiting. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July... BFP! 15dpo 336 hcg, 17dpo 681 hcg... Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words
#1208 of 1519 Old 05-06-2013, 06:12 AM

Hi everyone!

I am back from my self-imposed, fertility-issue induced sabbatical winky.gif. I however could not stay away completely from you my very wonderful friends (seems like I have known you all for so long!), so I became a lurker orngtongue.gif.

You all have been such wonderful people who have given me strength in the most trying times of my life. I have followed you all till this moment when I have now regained my strength and self confidence. I know that if I had come back in here to rant and rave, all you wonderful ladies would have helped me feel better, but I just didnt have the strength to do it.

Toothfairy: I was with you all through and I cried and cried to DH about it all, I honestly felt like it was actually happening to me. But I am so glad to see you are getting another chance at this, and I am fervently praying that you will get to hold your own baby this time!

SKJ and Sila: Words cannot describe my excitement that both of you are actually having a dream come true! I believe that everyone of us here will get to have our own dreams of having our own babies come true too. I wish you both a healthy and happy nine months!

Daurelia: Hang in there hun! hug.gif

Jpack and Adjie: Blowing lots of baby dust your way all the way from Africa goodvibes.gif. For Jpack I am chanting the song "grow follies grow", until your next appointment!

Chuord: For heaven's sake woman, where do you get all that zen from?? I honestly need some of that ASAP! I am rooting out for you too that soon we will be celebrating your BFP too.

Gtree: Congrats dear, kiss the boys for me!

Bebe: How are you doing lady? come in here and let's know!

Mindless Chrissy: Hugs hun, the waiting totally sucks!

Indie: I do not know much about the protocols dear, as I only narrowly escaped all that myself...more later. I just want to say do have some faith in the process. I know how hard this may seem but I believe it will work out for you.

MsD, Sherry:wave.gif

AFM:  The last time I posted in this forum I told you ladies that my Ob/gyn asked me to keep trying on my own until March this year when we could begin considering other measures to deal with the fertlility issues I seemed to be having. I was fervently praying that I would not have to see my dr. and that I would take in before then. Well it did not happen. I went to see him with DH and he sat with us and talked for a while, giving us all the approaches we could adopt to having another baby. Some of them were less expensive but not guaranteed. The ones with higher guarantee of success like the IUI and IVF were so expensive. I broke down in the OB's office and began to cry helplessly. I could not even think of going through the agonies of the less expensive ones and not end up being successful, yet I knew we could not afford the more expensive procedure (healthcare over here does not cover fertility issues). I asked myself over and over again, what is wrong with me?. The Ob/gyn then asked I and DH to go home and think about everything and come back when we are ready with a decision. When we got home we had a long talk and finally decided to keep trying until we could save enough money for an IUI. Well, I am just really happy to say that I just found out two weeks ago that I'M PREGNANT! I wasnt so sure at first because my cycle had pulled another fast one on me the last time and changed completely, so I just let things be. I am so happy and DH is excited! I just wanted to share the good news with you my friends first before heading to a DDC (but I wont leave this group!). I really cant say how it happened and can only call it a miracle because the day I got a pos OPK DH came back from a long trip extremely tired and therefore we could not BD. I am 7 weeks 2 days today and it all seems so unreal sometimes. I am just praying that it will happen for someone here just as unexpectedly very soon!.

Our rainbow is here! arrived on his due date

#1209 of 1519 Old 05-06-2013, 06:20 AM

Lucillelove - Welcome back and such great and wonderful news!!!!! Congrats to you and DH.

DH - 40 - old and cranky
#1210 of 1519 Old 05-06-2013, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

Congrats Lucille!!!! I love when people pop back in to tell us they got their Bfp! (By the way I lurk in the Dec DDC - due the end of Nov, but guessing this will be a Dec baby, so maybe I will "see" you there!)

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#1211 of 1519 Old 05-06-2013, 09:43 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lucille that is wonderful!!!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#1212 of 1519 Old 05-06-2013, 03:16 PM

Lucille - thanks for the love and for sharing your miracle story... It just lifts my heart 😃, and I hope the magic rubs off here on the rest of us. Wishing you the most beautiful baby!

#1213 of 1519 Old 05-06-2013, 04:28 PM

Hi Friends! I am popping in for the first time in a few months, and I must apologize for my unintended absence.  Thank you all for the wonderful thoughts and well wishes.  These boys make it all totally worth it and I cry every single day because I can't believe they are mine.  It is as great as we all think it is.  I still have a ton of reading to catch up on, so I will try to do some personals later.  Toothfairy has been sweet enough to give me some updates during our words with friends games.  :)  

And for now, their big debut on MDC.  AppleMark

Jason and Wolf born on April 22 from 2 eggs transferred through IVF after a cancelled IVF, a lot of failed clomid cycles and a couple of failed IUIs.  They surprised me early at 36 wks and were both over 6lbs and healthy!  

***4***8***12***16***20**heartbeat.gif24***28***32***36...

#1214 of 1519 Old 05-06-2013, 04:55 PM

Hi Ladies! Just stopping by to say I had another beta today so...13dpo-20, 15dpo-45, 18 dpo-136. It is rising but is it too low? Thanks for your help!! Could it have been implantation at 10dpo?

FET #1 August 2014 BFP!!
Identical Twins!!
#1215 of 1519 Old 05-06-2013, 05:27 PM

Lucille, that's fantastic!

Gtree, thank you for sharing!!! They are such adorable, beautiful, wonderful-looking boys!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!! So, so, so fantastic!!!!

Adie, yes, they are doubling, and yes, they are low. I've been there three times in the last 1.5 years - beta h*ll really blows. There's no way to know how it'll turn out, but having been there, it helped me to brace myself for the worst case. There's no guarantee if your betas are good- I had a blighted ovum that started out low, and ended up catching up and looking great in betas (but looked less good on the u/s screen). I've also had it start out not too low but just barely double. There are countless positive stories that you can find online of low betas turning into healthy babies. Those aren't my stories, though. Only time will tell.

Indie, i don't want to be insensitive if you don't want to share, but I'm sending big hugs and hoping everything went well this am...

J(30) + J(34) = E(6/2009)  ...  + ?(?)  

We homebirth.jpgtreehugger.gifcd.gif and so on...joy.gif

#1216 of 1519 Old 05-06-2013, 07:39 PM

Gtree - Gorgeous boys you have there. Thanks for letting us see them!!

DH - 40 - old and cranky
#1217 of 1519 Old 05-06-2013, 08:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone.

Huge congrats lucille!!" It is soooo nice to see.

Gtree- Jersey Peaches. Wolf on top right? Thanks for sharing. You must be exhausted,!!

Adie..not bad..and YES you never know but do far do good.

Indie?

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.
#1218 of 1519 Old 05-06-2013, 08:06 PM

Gums re - congrats they are adorable!
Adiejan - fx... I don't have any experience... But hoping it increases!

#1219 of 1519 Old 05-06-2013, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

Adiejan - I really think you implanted maybe the day before you tested and they are low because it is early. A dip in your temp at 10dpo does not confirm you actually had implantation that day. Fluctuations in temp around the coverline after ovulation are totally normal. You're had 3 perfectly doubling betas and that is what is most important! Did they get back to you on your progesterone? All there is to do now is wait until 6ish weeks and do an early ultrasound if you wish.

Gtree - They are perfect!!! I love them! Great size for twinsies!

Update: Feeling much less nauseous. It's great to want to eat and have food sound and taste good again! Minimal nausea is much much more tolerable. I'm exhausted beyond belief. I've napped 2 days in a row. I'll go in and have my P4 checked on Thurs or Fri and then start weaning off the PIO. Like SKJ, I have 4 days of vaginal suppositories left too, so I'm just going to use those to wean off even slower. So, I think we've changed our plans and are going in for a quick u/s after 12wks. I talked to my midwife today and she will be out of town the rest of this month. I could go in and have one of the other midwives give us a listen with a doppler. Research on the safety of u/s and doppler is not definitive. Both are known to be unsafe. The most recent study she had come across was showing that the doppler may actually be more unsafe than u/s and that 1 minute of doppler use may equal up to 30 min of u/s exposure. Since baby is still so small, it takes so time to find the heart beat with the doppler and I would hate for her to spend even more time listening around to make sure there weren't 2. So, I think we'll do a quick u/s and just see the heart beat and see how many babies are in there (no time spent on measurements ect) and get a quick picture we can show our families and announce to them. After that we should be able to hear baby with the fetascope around 18-20wks. We will probably do another u/s around that time as well to find out the sex and make sure there isn't anything we should know about before labor. Also, I'm showing a litte. It's really freaking me out since we have not seen or heard this baby at all, but it appears something is certainly in there. I did not start showing with DS for much much later...

#1220 of 1519 Old 05-07-2013, 12:14 AM

Sila - I'm really glad that between you and your midwife you've worked out the best option. I'm soo excited to finally find out if its a single or twins... I've heard you do tend to show a little earlier with subsequent pregnancies? SKJ - how are you going with that?

#1221 of 1519 Old 05-07-2013, 07:22 AM

Hi all!

Just real quick: fatty took over on the right- 21mm this am. There's a 14.5 on the left, and some little guys. Boo. Feeling pretty discouraged. Going through with the iui, but glad it's the last one required by my insurance before moving on to IVF. But with the teaching, I'm off for the next likely two cycles. Ugh.

#1222 of 1519 Old 05-07-2013, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter

Jpack - So you'll only have 1 mature follicle that will trigger!?!?!? What the heck! When are you supposed to trigger? Can that 14.5 get up to at least 18? What's your protocol for after ovulation? Are you going to be on some kind of progesterone? Hang in there friend! Hoping for many many great swimmers for that IUI!

#1223 of 1519 Old 05-07-2013, 07:39 AM

OMG, Sila, thank you soooo much for your response!! I'll know more when I hear from them in a few hours (lh, e2, the plan). Yeah, it's a real bummer...

#1224 of 1519 Old 05-07-2013, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Ok jpack! Update me asap ;) I went back and looked at March. My RE said he like them 18-20mm on Follistim (closer to 25 on Clomid) and I had 4 within that range, I want to say they were like 22-18 on the day of my first IUI (day after trigger). I was obviously trying to be super super laid back that cycle and didn't write down or even include specifics in my posts ha! I was already surging before trigger. I'm really pissed you may only get one!!! Make them do an u/s before the IUI because I'm praying that other one grows or that they didn't get a good measurement because it was hiding. How's your lining holding up?

#1225 of 1519 Old 05-07-2013, 09:14 AM

jpack - i definitely feel your pain. i am hopeful for that second follie, though. i have heard that a 14mm at time of trigger can contain a mature egg... so i really think you are looking at two. i think your E2 will give you a clearer picture. just remember... you've gotten pregnant on less. so you still have a really good chance this cycle...

chuord - i'm sorry you've had a rough go of it here recently. have you considered moving on to IUI? that might would take the pressure off of dh since it's a one and done situation... for what it's worth, i'm still impressed by your spirit :)

gtree - my GOD those are some beautiful babies!! and i'm still digging the names so much. 

lucielle - congrats!! love a good miracle story!

toothfairy - vienna fingers. got it. HAHA. that made me laugh. i'm thinking of you lots as you gear up for the FET. 

adijean - sounds like things are moving in the right direction! keep us posted.

chrissy - any word on your momma yet? thinking of you.

sherry - AF?

sila - can't wait to find out how many are in there. and can't believe you've been able to wait this long!

skj - i know you are on pins and needles about the mat21 test results. i'm so positive that they will be just fine... i'm excited for you to have a chance to be excited! 

afm - canceled cycle. the 10.4 turned into a 16.1 as of yesterday and there were two others that were at an 8 and a 10... so most likely a one egg situation. E2 was at 371. took my last bit of meds this a.m., will trigger tonight, and then not bothering with an IUI since i really don't think IUIs address our issues. on the plus side, i've learned the following:

1. based on my previous injectible IUI cycles and this cycle... i think i can safely say that my ovaries do not care about additional FSH. everything was done as a part of this protocol (EPP, Ganirelix in lp, micro dose lupron) to prevent me from developing a lead follicle and i did it anyway. 

2. my best cycle, ever, was on 25 mg of clomid. i developed 3 follicles that cycle, my e2 was excellent, as was my p4. of course that was almost a year ago and a lot can change in a year.

3. this makes me think mini-ivf with clomid is going to be my next step. turns out we have enough money to do two cycles and embryo bank as long as there is fertilization, etc. still won't end up with many eggs at all... but two rounds should get me more than going to retrieval with this round.

I have a follow up appt with my doc next wednesday. I will of course, see what her thoughts are, but at this point I think she may be more of a believer that I am truly a poor responder.  

Also, my belly is all black and blue from the menopur. It's super sexy. 

read.gif(me - 37) trekkie.gif(him - 36)  parenting dog2.gifdog2.gif and cat.gifcat.gifand trying to add a human child to our family.

Early loss 10/2010. Dx: DOR and Endometriosis.  After 2.5 failed IUIs, Moving on to IVF - EPP/MDL

#1226 of 1519 Old 05-07-2013, 09:25 AM

Hey guys. Thanks so much for all the kind supportive words when I had a freak-out at the end of last week. I just came back to see all these kind, thoughtful things and it makes me feel much much better. I'm sorry I just blurted a self-centered negativity and then ran away-- I was just in such a bad place because I knew something wasn't right. I went on an emotional bender I guess, a real crying jag. I'm feeling better now.

Sila so sorry about your friend. I imagine it feels scary to you, to think that could be you too... we are all rooting for you! I understand your choices with the US and I look forward to hearing the results.

Same for you SKJ! It's just wonderful all this is happening for you. Do you miss MWM's office? I'm going to be going in a LOT this cycle.

Indie, I don't know much about what those numbers mean, but I am rooting for you. And I'm sorry you've been crying lately. This stuff is so F-ing unfair, you know?

Adiejan, I'm really very happy for you!!!! I understand the lurking fear of miscarriage-- even if you haven't had one, you've been surrounded by those of us who have had one or several... and it's scary. But I am so glad you are allowing yourself to be happy! I am happy for yoU!

TF- I'm excited to read along as you get started on FET! Stay away from the snacks :)

Chuord, sorry you are out this month :( Thinking of you. And thanks for the coconut oil chocolate recipe!!

Jpack-- I am getting more feedback from the doc, thank you for asking... updating below... As for you, I hope your monitoring today went well. Similar to Indie's posts I don't know much about those numbers, but I trust the other wise ladies here who understand them and say that all looks good.  Good luck with the IUI, I have fingers crossed!

Hi Chrissy and Ms Dolphin and anyone else I missed!

So AFM, this last cycle was very strange-- I discussed it with my RE nurses who discussed with my doctor, and the doctor thinks that there was "attempted implantation" and then something went awry. Because I had all those implantation signs 9DPO, and then I had strange sludgy brown spotting from 9DPO until I got my period 14 DPO. Also my temperature was fluctuating like crazy (and my negative pregnancy blood test revealed low progesterone, despite taking it). 

Has anyone heard of this happening before?? It felt like my uterus was basically rejecting the implantation. This is probably what has been happening to me the last 2 years, I've had a few cycles like this (implantation signs, then sludgy spotting for a week before period).

In any case my doctor wants me to be monitored. 2x a week blood labs and ultrasounds, and also a saline ultrasound this week (ugh). I'm meeting with my doctor to talk about next steps after this cycle. Hubby is going to come too.

My day 3 labs were perfect, follicles in my US, everything looking good... I've always had the feeling that my problem is implantation/ luteal phase. I ovulate perfectly, hubby has superman swimmers, just something goes wrong when there's implantation. It makes me worry my uterus is incapable of carrying a baby, and I'll be childless forever... hard not to feel deeply sad and scared. 

Happily married for 5 years. Tried for our first baby 6/2011, got preg right away, and miscarried. Took a 4 month break, and then had nothing but infertility & a few early miscarriages until 12/2012 when we learned I had a lumpy edge in my uterus. Doc removed it and now we are trying again....

#1227 of 1519 Old 05-07-2013, 09:48 AM

Daurelia - I think it's great that you are seeing our doc a lot this cycle. I wonder if we have basically the same issue. The thing with prometrium is that it's the WORST form of progesterone. I wonder if you also have low estrogen. If so, all the progesterone is the world won't help. Estrogen makes the progesterone receptors. Without those, the progesterone doesn't have any where to go. I think that was my issue. Also, if you end up doing a trigger with your natural LH surge, that will help with the progesterone too. Basically, hcg and progesterone work as a feedback loop. More hcg means more progesterone. I'm hoping that's all you need.

I emailed our doc on Friday with questions about meds and I have heard nothing. I'm thinking I should call the nurse line.

Indie - I'm sorry your body didn't listen to the plan. So frustrating. I really do think that mini-IVF is your ticket to a take home baby. The great thing about mini-ivf is that the goal is only a few eggs, so your expectations won't be so high, you know? And, I think less meds = better egg quality. Not to mention the lower cost. Fingers crossed that the timing works out soon. Did you email your doc to get a feel for her thoughts on it? I'm so freaking impatient, I can't wait til next week!

jpack - Sorry about the big fatty. So frustrating! I hope it's all you need. Like indie said, you've had success with less. Fingers crossed you don't need to move on to IVF.

TF - Yay for starting your FET cycle. How long until your transfer?

Adijean - Yay for doubling. Beta hell is the worst. When is your next blood draw?

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#1228 of 1519 Old 05-07-2013, 09:56 AM

lucille - YAY YAY YAY!!!! Fantastic news! Thanks for coming by to share with us.

Chuord - sorry about the issues you are having. IUI might be a great plan, like indie said. It's so hard to manage a relationship with all the stress of TTC. You are a rock and a ray of light. So inspirational.

Sila - I'm so very sorry for your friend. How absolutely devastating.

Hooray for less nausea. Interesting about u/s vs doppler. I haven't heard baby's hb yet. Just seen it flickering away. I'm showing too. So much so that the barista at Sbucks said "Congrats" this morning. So much for keeping this a secret. My MIL comes to town on Thursday. She'll know in 5 seconds flat.

GTree - they are so gorgeous and perfect. I'm so incredibly happy for you. You are our fearless predecessor!

AFM - I think I'm seriously going to have a nervous breakdown over waiting on these Mat21 results. I'm waiting to tell anyone IRL until I know the results. Like I said to Sila, my MIL is coming to town on Thursday and she will know the second she sees me. I really want to know my fate by then. I caved and told a friend at work who's wife is preggers. They have been through IF, so I feel comfortable talking to him. He's a statistician and basically told me how my odds are incredibly low and to not worry. He also said I have PTSD from all my losses. Totally agree. Everything points to things being normal, but I'm just scared to believe that this can actually work out and end up with a healthy baby. All the bad news has me feeling like my bad news is on the horizon.

S (35yo) wife to T (36yo) and mamma to my princess M (5/10/10).  After 3 losses in 2012, found an AMAZING doctor and gave birth to baby sister S on 11/12/13.
#1229 of 1519 Old 05-07-2013, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Indie - CRAP! I really hope the meeting with the RE goes well and that she has a better plan? She went with your plan this time around right? I'm so so sorry you responded so poorly and that all the bruises were for nothing... Hugs. I can't believe I've been able to wait this long either. So close now though...

Daurelia - I'm so sorry about the possible chemical pregnancy. Sucks. I'm with SKJ, I like the idea of you being monitored and possibly using a trigger. I have low estrogen AND low progesterone issues. The injectables plus trigger fixed that. I did not respond very well to the prometrium, so I cannot imagine how terrible my progesterone was on it's own (when monitored at 7dpo it was always OK, but I believe I have a late luteal defect where I had enough to have a good LP, but it dropped too low to allow for proper implantation and a sustainable pregnancy). I feel like you are just so so close to figuring out what the missing link is. Don't give up hope friend.

Chuord - I've been waiting to say something, and now that others have, I will. Honey, you're 38 (according to your signature), I can't remember when you joined and started trying after your health issues, but it seems like close to 6 months to me. Which is the recommended length of time for trying on your own before moving on for your age. Your biological clock is ticking. I'm not sure how things work in AUS, but I kind of think it's time to go in and just get things checked out. I like the idea of IUI for you guys. Like maybe that would eliminate some of the stress for your DH? 

SKJ - Well WTF is taking so long for the results?!?!?! Have you called and asked? I swear it's been weeks! I've been able to avoid the MIL because she's been away at their other house. Then thankfully we're going to stay at their other house for a long weekend while they come back here and I can continue to avoid until we hit 12wk and see baby. My best friend who is pretty in tune with me had a feeling and asked the other day so I didn't lie. I can't believe no one has commented on my boobs yet. I hate the PTSD stuff. It's super scary to let myself dream. I agree though, statistically, the odds are supper low of anything being up with your test. I'm not sure how I feel about all the bad news going around either. I think I might have to stay away for a bit until we know what's going on with our pregnancy. The fact that we will be gone Sat-Tues will help.

#1230 of 1519 Old 05-07-2013, 12:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hi everyone- wow there is so much happening.

Indie- it sounds like you have a plan- but i am sorry about how things turned out- ((((hugs))) - no really- my heart hurts- my face leaked when i read your post- it all seems so frustrating

TF?....wipe off the cookie crumbs and post jumpers.gif i love it when such a disciplined good person caves into cookies.

Chrissy?

Jpack good luck sorting it out...such news can be so disappointing- and delivered while you lay on a table with a wand in your.....

Pregnant ladies- hold strong- so many options for testing- or not- or loss or not- it is a tough game now a days! 

Chourd- you are a great example of positive spirit.  i aim high- but you always stay there- i need to be spirit bombed right now

afm- af came yesterday late afternoon - TMI ALERT*** it was blackish and tarry and then became heavy with tissue****  i know it's all part of a long cycle after a CP- but-enough- its not been a great day- teething fussing baby- i am supper mood swingy...i wonder if DH was spiking my food with Clomid or something- ugh!  So i think we are unlikely- he will arrive cd7-8- leave early 5am cd14-15 ( i thought a day earlier)....i was so late this month and was o-ing on cd 17 back before i quit charting---and i think the femara may delay o like the clomid did- so i am not feeling it- but he thinks i should take it anyway...so i guess- i didn't plan to use an opk but now..i am thinking of it- and kind of- i am just tired of this journey- really- i don't want to be thinking about any of this- don't get me wrong i still would be ecstatic to reach that destination- but i am so road weary.  That Vegas trip was really reaching a point in all of this where i had let go and was embracing our forward moving child free years together.  I am tired of disappointment and ready to jump in to all the things there are to do and be thankful for without this weight.  this is child #8 for us- and yes it would have been our only together- and his only full time- but- i think it just may not be in the cards for us- also- seeing what everyone is going through- even after a BFP i realise the stress wont stop at getting to ovulation- or making it through another 2ww or even seeing the second line.  A great part of that bfp was not mentally having been in a 2ww - I had 5 healthy pregnancies- but that was 14-25 years ago and its all a different ballgame now with my age.

that being said i think i will start femara tomorrow- visual (whacks self in forhead with palm of hand) duh.gif

dust.gif

DDX5 '88 '90 '92 '97 '99. TR 5/2011. HSG 9/2011 R TUBE OPEN. HSG 5/12 both tubes closed. SECOND tubal reversal surgery 7/12 , CP 3/2013 ttc "our" first @40 DH 46.

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page