Mothering Forum banner

Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition

48K views 2K replies 28 participants last post by  Shell77 
#1 ·
Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP

Winter/Spring 2013

Hello and Welcome!

The original "Scenic Route" thread was started by Sherryvhkb and can be found here. This is a continuation.

"This is a "grad thread" of sorts for us 1st cycle on Clomid ladies.....who are no longer on our first cycle of Clomid but have enjoyed each others company and support. It is also for all those who have neen lurking, following, chiming in and cheering us on. It is for a group of women all trying to get to the same place by taking the roads less traveled. We all have a journey here- some longer- some harder...we all at different times come up against obstacles and uphill climbs...and in between it all we share our fears, choices, hopes, frustrations, and accomplishments, and throw in a little bit of everyday life too." - Sherryvhkb

So whether you have chosen to pursue infertility treatments, alternative treatments, or have been at this a while and just want to learn more, feel free to jump in and get to know us!

See less See more
#177 ·
SKJ- I'm sorry AF has the worst freekin timing. What are your plans ir this cycle? How many CD do you typically have on meds or prior to meds? Is this your 'natural' monitoring cycle starting today? My guess would be it won't be a perfect 28 days & it will work out. I'll keep 'em crossed that something works out. Btw, I once had monitoring on the day before CD1 & it was fine (thought AF had started bc of cramps, heavy spotting but it started 'full flow' the next day). My doctor said the results still showed all they needed. Your new doc sounds amazing, I couldnt believe that she wont accomodate you.

AFM- way more crampy today than the last few days. See if I'd waited one more day to test maybe I wouldnt have been so anxious. Then agin if I hadnt tested maybe I'd think ths meant AF was coming. Please stick little bug!

#178 ·
First of all - YAY TF!!!!! Congrats to you both - that is a very clear line ????- what a way to wake up... Getting to catch up on a thread like that - woohoo!!!! ????????????????
I just knew it... For the last 4 days your baby has been drawing more energy than you! I totally agree with SKJ re 13 - it's always been a lucky number in our family too.

SKJ - am sending big hugs! It's a bit of an emotional roller coaster for you at the moment - but I'm with Jpack, have faith in your awesome doctor, she will probably make it work... If she can't it's just one more month (I know that's hard - but if you can relax a bit it will help your system out) I've delayed my cycle by a week before from stress! I know it will happen for you at some stage - if it makes you feel any better I will be 39 in June (aarrgh)
And I don't even have one yet... Lol there's a reason to panic! Hugs hugs and more hugs!

#179 ·
Thanks ladies. I'll just hope for the best.

tf - have you peed on any more sticks? I would have a whole bunch of them by now. I checked out my due date for this past cycle, and I should be 12 dpo - same as you, right? That means a late September baby. What a perfect time to have a baby!

#180 ·
Thanks, indie, um, I'm feeling cautious. My darkest test was definitely yesterday am, so I'd feel a little better if I had one of those undeniably darker ones today! But I'm trying so stay zen still. I've had some mild symptoms like some transient pain in the bbs, still some little cramps here and there, mild nausea with low blood sugar, heartburn (which is a dead giveaway for me) and not sleeping well esp in the am- something I had kinda forgotten about. But I know all this stuff is so transient and uncertain, I'm just really hoping for a good number tomorrow and really, a good follow -up. As I suppose is always the case, I have a lot of fear of this not panning out, and I'm trying not to dwell.

How is everyone? gtree those boys? ms d your wait? chrissy how are things? sila what's new in your world? Shell you around? Have a happy Sunday evening all! (Except Chuord- Monday am ?
wink1.gif
)

#181 ·
jpack - the early days are the worst. I have a good feeling about things for you. I hope you get a nice high beta tomorrow and a triple on Wednesday to ease your mind. It sucks to not be able to enjoy the bfp as much. I can't wait for you to be into your second trimester, so you can really enjoy your pregnancy.

#183 ·
Hi Ya'll... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TF CONGRATSSSSSS super excited!! .... OMG so I have a long story to tell... and sat down and thought I had time ... and DH comes in and begs me to go with him to pick up dinner UGH So I will be back in a bit.... Oh BTW I am on my second day of AF and it SUCKS!! so i didn;t get that lucky after failed ivf pregnancy :-(

#184 ·
Hi ladies.

Sorry I haven't been around as much as I was. But I'm always reading and keeping everyone in my thoughts.

So, I am 5w4d but I think I'm losing it. Yesterday (Saturday) I had some red spotting but no pain. Spotting went away after a few hours. I also noticed I had some pain hours before that felt like someone was pinching my left ovary area. Then today I had some more red spotting but it did come out on my undies and a smear on a pad. (TMI so sorry) Also had the pain today on my left side and when I pushed there some it hurt. Still no pain or anything. I tested with a cheapy last night and a frer this morning and they both are happily bfp's. I dunno what's going on or what to do. I didn't want to say anything until I knew it was a keeper and I wasn't going to see the doctor until about 13w. Anyhow, I thought to test tomorrow just to see. The bleeding/spotting has slowed down to almost a stop so I guess that's good.

#185 ·
Oh Chrissy, I hope you are wrong. I'll be sending good thoughts your way for the spotting and pain to be totally nothing.

#186 ·
Hi everyone,

I don't know a lot about what's going on with everyone, as I haven't gone through and read all the posts, but... I hope all is well with you Chrissy, and SKJ-- I hope things will work themselves out for you. And jpack, good luck with the beta tomorrow!

Hey Sila! I've been rooting for you since the beginning, following you when I could on the thread(s). I hope your time comes soon!

An AFM, I had a positive OPK today, so I'm really happy that it is lining up with all my ovulatory symptoms-- it shows my body is on track. I just have to hope that my eggs don't know how old they really are...It's interesting, I have had really strong (almost painful) mittleschmertz (sp?) happening on my left side since the afternoon-- I hope that means something good! I see my RE on Wednesday to talk about next steps. I had all the usual fertility tests done in late October, but didn't go back in person to talk about the results (I did get a phone call about my prolactin levels being high)-- I'm getting my prolactin levels re-tested tomorrow-- so everything will be discussed then. Is there anything I should ask, if she tells me again that I should consider Clomid/IUI? If everything looks good with all my tests, and I just have the age-thing to worry about, maybe it might be worth it, I just don't know. (What holds me back is that everything I read says that Clomid/IUI in women over a certain age isn't a good idea... but then, statistics aren't absolutes, are they...)

#187 ·
Jpack, Chrissy - lots of healing to both of you and your babies. SKJ - sent you some yesterday..
Shell sorry youre back in the game... Will send you some later...
Tenzin - I'm not an expert so I'll send you luck and leave the info to the ladies that know!

#188 ·
oh chrissy. i hope this baby stays around. i will be sending lots of love and grow baby grows to your uterus. my only concern is that if you continue to experience pain that you do go to get checked out. i know after experiencing so much loss you probably don't want to see the baby til you know he/she is going to stick around and the first thing they are going to want to do is an u/s... but it might be worth it to make sure you are safe. keep us posted. we are here for you.

tenzin - i think you will have a better idea what route to take when you get your test results. i'm guess they're also running the ovarian reseve panel... that will mean more than a physical age. btw, what is your age?

chuord - you are so wonderfully supportive. i have yet to read the link you posted on energy healing but i've started my own half-assed version (ha!) and have made a commitment to myself that i will spread it through the group. thanks for getting me started
smile.gif

skj - results tomorrow! hoping you get some answers that will help things move along quickly!

afm - first gonal f shot last night. not bad at all.

#190 ·
chuord - Thanks! I'm feeling better today. How are things with you? I hope AF is on her way out.

Indie - Glad the shot went well! I'm excited for you. I can't wait to hear how your monitoring appointment goes.

Tenzin - Welcome! I remember your from the nursing moms thread. I'm still TTC #2. I think I'm the last one from that thread to still have not conceived. Really depressing. Are you still nursing? How long have you been ttc this time? I really have no idea what to suggest. I only have my experience. I had stopped BFing before seeking IF treatments and my prolactin was low at that time. Also, from my experience, each doctor has his/her own way of doing things based on past experience. Right now, I'm seeing a doc who is doing a natural cycle evaluation to see what hormones need tweaking. Maybe that's a way to start?

TF - Happy monday preggo!

Jpack - How are you feeling today? Is your beta today?

Chrissy - Thinking good sticky thoughts for you.

AFM - Well, AF is playing games. I am using a menstrual cup and there was a bit of red blood yesterday afternoon, but not a thing since. So, I guess that would have been more like spotting. I'm thinking AF will really show today or tomorrow. Not sure if that hurts or helps my timing dilemma. I need to call the RPL doc to make sure all the tests results are in so I don't waste a trip. But, I'm excited to get things going.

I may need to take a bit of a break for a while. All the losses and disappointments are catching up with me and the timing isn't great with so many wonderful things happening here. I don't want to be a wet blanket and I really don't want to be feeling sorry for myself, so I'm thinking that a little break may be in order. Not sure yet.

ETA - all test results are in so I will find out my fate tomorrow.

#191 ·
Skj - good luck tomorrow. A break is always helpful to put things in perspective.

Indie - glad the shot went well.

Afm - spotting sropped last night but had some this morning. Also tested and since i'm on phone I can't post pic but you should see how amazingly dark it is.Dh is off work come thursday so if I'm still spotting I'll call to see what they want to do. Will be 6w Wednesday.

#194 ·
Oh Chrissy, I'm so hopeful for you! Yes, that's one dark test! Mine sure as heck don't look like that!! You have a wondfo to show? I'd love to see a dark one of those, because I'm so mad at mine which haven't progressed in a couple days... Ug.
I'm really, really hoping this is it!! I was going to ask this earlier- straight curiosity not suggesting or anything but have you ever been on progesterone?

#195 ·
I got my beta back: 64. Progesterone was 14. Ok, but they weren't thrilled- they thought it was a little low. I felt ok, since my last two first betas were 20 and 13 both on 12/13 dpo. I'm 15 dpo today (o ed I think late the 30/ early the 31st). Maybe I shouldn't be comparing with my miscarriages! Hmmm...

#196 ·
Chrissy - That looks great! I hope the spotting is nothing and this is take home baby #2

Jpack - I hate, hate, hate betas. There is really nothing they can tell you for sure until you have a few of them. Do you go in again on Wednesday? I'm crossing everything for you that this is it. I truly hope you do not have to go through what I just went through. When I had a lowish starting beta, I just told myself that it was a boy b/c I read that boy babies tend to have lower hcg than girl babies. I hope you just have a lazy boy taking his sweet time to get things going. And, I've read countless stories of low starting betas that take off. Even twin pregnancies. I'm sending all my sticky baby vibes your way.

#200 ·
Jpack - Another beta hater (and I've never even done them lol). But really, that doesn't sound that bad to me! It's so hard not to compare with the losses isn't it?

SKJ - Take all the break you need. If you haven't noticed, I've been taking a modified break ;)

Chrissy - It really does look good. I hope it was just "normal" pregnancy spotting...

TF - Can't wait for the beta and u/s!

AFM - I read but am not posting often. Things are just boring here so I don't feel like talking I guess.

#201 ·
Sila - big hugs and happy energy to you! I think you should think of something fun to do (with or without the family) and organize it... You sound like you need a happy day!

SKJ - you said you have lots of wonderful things going on? Im glad - it gets me down to think I've had 2 very early losses... You girls that keep on going have so much courage and are such an inspiration to me ? - thankyou all! At the same time I'm a great believer in making your own fun - there are times you just need to do something out of the ordinary to have fun and get your mojo back! Good luck with the results!

Jpack - I no nothing about beta's but compared to your m/c numbers that was heaps higher.. I'd agree with SKJ - keep faith in your body - I just did some quick energy and the embaby is absorbing it well at present. (I should probably explain that alive things I feel energy moving, passed away things I don't - lol that's as accurate as I can get)

Chrissy - I understand that you want to wait to see doc, but I'm with indie that maybe you should get checked out? Otherwise try and stay relaxed - it was a huge positive hcg to me! Btw how did you post a pic from your phone? I'm usually on mine - and maybe one day I'll have a pic to post ?

Tenzin - thank you - you give me hope! It's sounding promising for you this month too - good luck with the results!

Indie- lol thank you! Glad you are joining the 'band wagon', so are you getting close to O? I know you're trying a different combination of injectables this month - you seem so upbeat and alive, I have a good feeling about this.

Afm absolutely nothing to tell lol cd5 AF has left the building, my opk tests and basal thermometer should arrive today - so tomorrow I'm temping... Then I'll at least have info to take to GP if not successful this time. We are getting over the cat passing, and I'm enjoying a clean house! (she was pretty much in palliative care lol) kinesiology appt today - going to try and work on my ovaries lol to ensure the 'good eggs' come out to play! Lol it sounds so crazy hehehe - hugs to all xxxx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.