Mothering Forum banner

Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition

48K views 2K replies 28 participants last post by  Shell77 
#1 ·
Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP

Winter/Spring 2013

Hello and Welcome!

The original "Scenic Route" thread was started by Sherryvhkb and can be found here. This is a continuation.

"This is a "grad thread" of sorts for us 1st cycle on Clomid ladies.....who are no longer on our first cycle of Clomid but have enjoyed each others company and support. It is also for all those who have neen lurking, following, chiming in and cheering us on. It is for a group of women all trying to get to the same place by taking the roads less traveled. We all have a journey here- some longer- some harder...we all at different times come up against obstacles and uphill climbs...and in between it all we share our fears, choices, hopes, frustrations, and accomplishments, and throw in a little bit of everyday life too." - Sherryvhkb

So whether you have chosen to pursue infertility treatments, alternative treatments, or have been at this a while and just want to learn more, feel free to jump in and get to know us!

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for the new thread sila!

Chrissy - did you test again? My first + on a FRER was much lighter than the cheapie. I hope it's just too soon.

#3 ·
Thanks Sila- I think a fresh new thread could be just what we've needed.

Lost an embryo today. Scheduled for 1120 or 1140 tomorrow as long as things stay the same. I find out around 8 tomorrow if they change me to 5 day. Unlikely,I think, with only 4 babies left.

#4 ·
Tfairy - Aw, sorry for loss of your little embaby. How many are you planning on transferring/how many will they allow you to transfer? All of them?

Chrissy - When I used FRERs the result was lighter as well. Remember the darkness of the test line doesn't necessarily mean anything, HPT's are qualitative not quantitative. Are you just going to wait it out or go in for a blood test? I'm sorry you are in this terrible limbo!

I'll be back for more personals! I was just checking in to make sure you guys were finding the new thread :)

#5 ·
Thanks for the new thread, SilaMarila! I love following your posts, and lurking just got a whole lot easier :p I love the sense of community you gals have, and am always reading along!

Edited to add:

I don't usually join in because I don't feel like I really belong in the "scenic route" category since we don't have fertility issues, but I do kind of feel like we are taking our own scenic route to completing our family, just because of timing when we add to our family.

#6 ·
Hi there! I guess I'm an accidental lurker... I forgot which thread I had joined, so read all of your last one looking for my entry lol (realize now I can see through profile!) after reading it all I feel a sort of connection - you all try and be positive and are so supportive of each other! I don't think I have any fertility issues (lol wait and see... 8dpo and counting) however I had to put off trying to get pregnant for 5 years due to I'll health - during which time everyone I know has had Babies. So I understand the emotional roller coaster - and think you guys are brilliant! I did a lot of work with natural therapies (info on my profile if interested)
Tooth fairy I know you are going thru stress right now, I'm sending you all - but you in particular heaps if positive thoughts! Thanks for letting me share

#7 ·
sorry for the drive by, crazy day today and will have to catch up on all the posts later just want to say:

sila - thanks for the new thread! love a fresh start and it was definitely time!

toothfairy - i am so sorry but still so excited for transfer. did they give you any pics yet or does that only happen at transfer? thinking of you constantly.

skj - i will see you soon!!!

lurkers - welcome and thanks for the good wishes!

chrissy - hoping something is cooking in there... will be checking in for an update...

afm - bfn this morning. will test again in the a.m. but not expecting anything... trying to summon up as much positivity as possible for IUI...

#8 ·
SKJ : I need to do a liver detox after last weekend!! lol

INDIE: your doing a IUI? I am lost ... I thought you were doing IVF UGH sorry for my forgetful mind...

TF: I am sorry you lost one today :-( I would put all 4 back in me if I was you.. :)

Sila: well maybe a new thread will make me a baby haha

JPACK: thankks for the HUG

I am sure I am missing something... anywho AFM

Hi everyone... I promised to write everyday haha but I really don't have much to say ... My back is messed up BAD, going to the Doctor probably tomorrow. ... I still want a baby that hasn't changed. lol ... I am cleaning my house all weekend, I am going to get my garage cleaned and go through my closet... fresh start!! maybe after i get ALL the hard labor done I will get pregnant.

#9 ·
Shelly - Sorry about your back
greensad.gif
I hope it gets better soon. I love the idea of a fresh start. I'm inspired by your strength.

TF - I'm so sorry to hear about your embaby. This is suck a stressful process . I hope that tomorrow brings good news and you are able to transfer a perfect embaby or two. Thinking lots of good thoughts for you and your growing family.

Indie - Sorry for the BFN. I'm so excited to see you and for your injectibles cycle!!

Lurkers - Thanks for cheering us on!

AFM - Every now and then I have a hard time with this thread being in the TTC section vs. the Infertilty section b/c even if I'm not reading other threads, I can't help but notice so many lucky women getting pregnant without much effort. I still get jealous. And, then my mind starts to wander and I think of all the ladies on the One thread and Nursing moms thread who I started TTC with that have had their babies. There is a least one person who was TTC when I started and is now TTC again for another child. So depressing. I wonder if it will ever happen for me.

#10 ·
Sila - thanks for the new thread! It feels so much lighter. :)

Shelly - So happy you are here again. I missed your humor.

TF - I'm sorry you lost a little embie, it made me really sad when I read that, I guess, I didn't realize how attached I am to mine that are off frozen somewhere. I still think you are going to get pregnant with our second set of twins and I'm looking forward to that. I will be thinking about you tomorrow, let us know if it is changed to 5 day.

Indie - We'll rally around you for that IUI and however you end up getting your baby, I'll join you for a trip to disney world with our kids in tow! I am jealous you and SKJ will be hanging out soon.

Hi to everyone else!!

AFM - glucose blood test in the am (the one where I have to drink some orange drink an hour before being tested and then my anatomy ultrasound at 1. I hope I have some awesome pics to share! I started a new job today and am beyond tired.

#11 ·
Sila - Thanks for the new thread.

TF - Oh no. I'm sorry for the loss of your embie. But love and strength to the remaining 4!

Lida and Chourd - Welcome! Join in how much or little you feel comfortable with!

Indie - Major hugs my friend.

Shell - Nice to have you back. I'm sorry about your back and all you have been through.

SKJ - I know the feeling. I joined Mothering after I had ds looking for help with him and a good portion of the ladies already have a 2nd, working on a 2nd, or already trying for a 3rd. It's crazy.

Gtree - The glucose test was nothing. The drink tasted too sugary but it wasn't bad. You're not allowed to pee the whole time. If you do, you'll have to retake the test. I ended up with gestational. It was...uhm...interesting.

AFM - I didn't test again today. I'm all emotional watching Mobbed. They have a lady who has been trying to have a baby for 5 years and she's 3 months pregnant. Heard heartbeat and all and wants the mobbed people to surprise her husband with the news. Anyway, I'll test tomorrow with 2nd mu for the hell of it. Am I crazy or did they change something with the frer? I saw a white line for a bit before anything else. Also "normally" the tests are dark by now but with all these chemicals the test is always light. Oy!

#14 ·
Chrissy a bad batch, maybe? Hmmm...

gtree I was crazy with the glucose test. I once was tested for PCOS (a long time ago) and had some insulin resistance. So I was sure the ir would translate into gd. I don't know why. But I was determined to do everything I could, so I got up and ran/ walked for the hour of waiting. I think I was more like 6-7 months, and the hospital where my clinic was is on the same campus as the law school I was attending. So picture this: crazed-looking, 7-mo pregnant law student running like a lunatic in a few circles around the law school in the middle of the day. I found it amusing, anyway. I of course have NO IDEA if it made any impact at all, and am NOT recommending that strategy, but the test did come out fine... Good luck tomorrow!
Also new job? That's exciting! Love to hear more!

SKJ I hear you, but it's gonna happen for you, my dear. It is.

Shell, so sorry about your back! Good luck with that!

TF I'm so, so sorry for your little embie but dying to hear about the other four and how everything goes tomorrow!!!

Indie ok, so you're not psyched, but I'm looking forward to hearing about your iui! I'm up at bat next cycle and I know it's old news to the rest but I'm looking forward to hearing!

AFM new iPhone 5 over here to distract me. (Also got a "trickle down" payment from another broker that my mom helped out on a monstrous deal so I'm suddenly less of a Scrooge! Yay!! Wasn't sure how we were gonna make everything work until the next closing but now we'll be ok! I kinda had the feeling everything would work out!...) ok, I digress. Retail therapy is a bad tactic for controlling the 2ww. Probably the exercise games on the Xbox are a better strategy. So my tests came and I know it's pathetic but I'm on a once a day plan. It's my first trigger- it's ok, right?! It's so dumb how that second line is so exciting even if I know it's not real. I actually have no faith that this cycle is gonna work. Instead I have this feeling that next cycle will. In August I tried clomid for the first time. I wasn't monitored but then the next cycle on clinics I was. That September cycle had two good looking follicles. I think the trigger is critical (no trigger September) now. I think I need at least the buildup of clomid and the trigger and maybe an IUI. All that is next cycle. So anyway, long story short I'm keeping my expectations low for this cycle. That's my logic. It's working for now, anyway. All the best to everyone!!

#15 ·
JPack - We're looking into new phones. DH wants the Samsung Galaxy S 2.

Gtree - DH changed the channel on me. He saw me crying and said "This is hitting too close to home. Time for hockey"

#16 ·
Hello lurkers! I knew this would inspire you to show yourselves :) Welcome!

SKJ - Liver cleansing/detoxing sounds like a great idea. Personally, I like juice fasting (feasting really, you can drink as much as you need to). I feel you on the ttc boards thing. Just this month alone 2 people that were ttc #1 when first started posting here just got baby #2 bfps last week. Major ranting in my head. I even considered creating Rants thread on our other group. But now I'm over it and don't care because they are happily pregnant and won't be reading this anyways. Totally depressing.

I have no idea what Mobbed is. I've gotten sucked into season 1 of Revenge on Netflix...

Hi Shell! Hope you back feel better!

Jpack - Major iPhone jealousy over here. So here's the thing with testing out the trigger. Something about seeing those 2 line even though you know you aren't pregnant is crazy making. Then you feel like you have to keep testing to see them because you want so badly for them to never stop. Then each day you compare them thinking is it darker? Is it lighter? Is it darker? Is it lighter? It can also stay in your system a full 2 weeks after trigger. I'm pretty sure it's the one of the biggest mindf*cks known to woman. Never again I tell you.

#17 ·
Just got caught up and can't believe how much I've missed. I'm going to properly post with personals this weekend but wanted to let you know I am following along and cheering everyone on (especially TF right now - come on embies!).

Had an OB appt today and it went great. Finally starting to really show and feeling great about everything. Baby girl was moving so much!! I also told my boss and boss's boss. Went better than expected but much to tell. Will post on the GG along with my 15! xo

#18 ·
I woke up before my alarm & feel icky. Nerves I guess. They will give us a photo today before transfer but only the ones going back. I made a spicy chicken chili for tonight. How do those who have done Crinone before deal with it?? I'm sure it works better but this ish is gross. I'm spotting which is annoying because I wasn't the 2 days prior. I'm just thinking out loud. Heading to work now, will send you an update before I go in!

#20 ·
So we got moved to day 5 transfer. No twins for me.

#21 ·
toothfariy -
hug2.gif
every step of this process is so hard... you know you should celebrate having healthy embryos that make it to day 5 but at the same time have to grieve your hopes for twins... it's all just so so hard! but i am so happy to hear your embies are strong enough to go to day 5... i know that means you have such a better chance of getting that take home baby! you are soooo close!!

everyone else - hi!! happy friday! will be back later for personals.

#22 ·
Oh tf! Sorry about no twins, but I agree with indie. Sounds like you have nice strong embabies ready to become your take home baby ! And, isn't the chance of one splitting to two higher with ivf? Maybe you'll get identical twins!!

#23 ·
Oh Tfairy I'm sorry you have to wait and I'm sorry no twins. Hang in there. Hugs. Also, I think Crinone has a reputation for irritating the cervix and that could be the cause of the spotting.

#26 ·
TF sending heaps of good vibes and love to your embabies

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.