4K views 94 replies 18 participants last post by  lilacvioletiris 
#1 ·
Conceiving #1 in Our 30's January 2013
banana.gif

est. 2006

Last Month's Thread

If You Would Like To Join, Welcome!

Please give us your age, when you started TTC,
and a link to your chart if you have one.
And feel free to share a bit more - we are a really friendly group!
Say what? Some MDC Acronyms or here

Active Members

Username

TTC since

Chart

month posted

BaileyMarie3210/12 1
BlueEyedBaby007329/12 12
ConiferOD356/12 1
Coquelicot304/12BFPChart2.gif11
CvillleC3310/12BFPChart2.gif10
doularebekah3109/11BFPChart2.gif12
Joe82 12/12
JustJenny365/11BFPChart2.gif1
kdiaz3112/121 bfp 1/20/13
librarygirl325/12 1
Lilacvioletiris

04/11 BFPChart2.gif1
Lee'sGirl3207/12 10
mjmax 01/13 1
PoorUglyHappy3205/10 1
sabrinabella323/12 10
Taxlady3508/09 BFPChart2.gif7
TeamViddy
08/11
BFPChart2.gif1
Thebyr3112/12 1 bfp 12/12
Tickletoes3608/10 BFPChart2.gif10 (bfp 10/29/12)
unuselyriver3008/12 12 bfp 1/3/13

Pregnant Graduates

Fall 2012 Bajingo Graduates Thread!

• dakipode........................
    pos.gif
    at age 33 after 12 months EDD 9/13
  • LivingSky........................
    pos.gif
    at age 32 after 9 months EDD 9/6/13
  • hermessgoddess............
    pos.gif
    at age 34 after 1 month EDD 8/14/13
  • bebelove ........................
    pos.gif
    at age 35 after 19 months EDD 6/15/13
  • Espion.............................
    pos.gif
    EDD 6/8/13
  • MrsSanders1....................
    pos.gif
    at age 31 EDD 6/13
  • megmoira.........................
    pos.gif
    at age 31 after 4 months EDD 5/13
  • AmandaLynnH..................
    pos.gif
    at age 30 after 1 months EDD 5/13
  • Kimble.............................
    pos.gif
    at age 31 after 8 months EDD 5/13
  • MargaretAnn..................
    pos.gif
    EDD 5/24/13
  • Brendalee.........................
    pos.gif
    EDD 4/22/13
  • MainCoastMama............
    pos.gif
    EDD 4/18/13
  • mayday.............................
    pos.gif
    EDD 4/8/13
  • chocolatechip...................
    pos.gif
    EDD 3/29/13
  • Scruffy Too ...................
    pos.gif
    at age 31 EDD 3/13
  • Ncat.................................
    pos.gif
    at age 31 after 12 months EDD 1/13
  • pitchounette .....................
    pos.gif
    at age 31 after 14 months EDD 1/13
  • Tropicalfever .....................
    pos.gif
    at age 28 after 2 months EDD 1/13

Mommy Graduates

Winter Mama Thread

2012's
babyboy.gif

Ramzubo
babyboy.gif
, FrannieM
, Hokievol, Jessimaca
, RosieL
, Chapluqa
, BellaWithBaby, Bel718
, Calycanth
,CA Country Girl , dandylez
, scowgirl , bootsvalentine
, reelala, lakeruby , Andaluza
, ericaf
, calpurnia
, mole
, catheleni
, nemrac
, femmeknitzi, wantabeanbrat
, sweetmilk

2011's

Jenne, IHeartMyFamily, jtc77, rmiriam, Neuromancer, amp4piano, Shabbers, cb718, lauraska, Blanca78
babygirl.gif
, Elonwy
babyboy.gif
, Nutter
babyboy.gif
, Bolobear, Shyentist, meander, annaconda
babyboy.gif
, Fertilemyrtle
babyboy.gif
, LivingSky
babyboy.gif
, Tear78
babygirl.gif
, HDSM, Teetina, ValH
babyboy.gif
, JlyGrnMgt, nmouse, Gemini13, cristinimartini, tank
babyboy.gif
, hykue
babygirl.gif
, birdielee
babyboy.gif

2010's

Monarchgrrl, orandalady, grateful301, kmlcu, mollytommy, Adorkable, Pixelgeek

2009's

violet_, Suka, CareCare, Sju88b, shantiani, Peace+Hope, lissame72, KikaKika, Masel, zenproofstella, Wanting2BaMom, jacappell, joyakshi, Octobermoon, EarthMamaToBe, Cellist, berryblndgirl, beth28, carmen358, marinak1977, makeminepink, humptydumpty, Lillitu, Catubodua, PoetryLover, cocoanib, welshwife08, Katie34, lilviolet, starkyld, Poetgirl, Somegirl99,Taylah, Houla055

2008's

Amahrey, jencat, Ms Sig, christigpa, ~sweet pea~, Nashvillemidwife, artsake, kJad29, elspethshimon, heinz28, nonsenseprecious, nalusj, musiclady, quasar & smartycat, tourist, penstamon, amymckinney, corikodjo, honeybunny65, fjkelly, tiggernorton04,sky_and_lavender

2007's

Hazieluna, ATD Mom, Brightside, K9sarchik, Amberbella, Shibababy, jpiper0430, MajorGroover, Grace24, Hezzy, CowsRock, Kharen, Nico DeMouse, xenon, SarahJen, Suzywan, Phillybama, jentina, Jujubie, Writerbird, Melanie_rabbitbarn, Cicely_m, PinkOrchid2,Cking, Mandy 74, Anouk, GISDiva, Raingyrl, ChristyM26, Starlightsound, Palma, Rhon, 11yrsNoKid, Desilou, Nony,AngelaM, hae703, Radiowave, FiberLover, Scalpel, Zucchini, Funnygrace, VeganCupcake, Illaria

2006's

Farmama, PiePie, Dctexan, Greengrey & Beckyphry

List Maintenance:

This #1 In Your 30s Thread welcomes everyone who's interested to participate in this thread. You are welcome to come and go as you are able, just please be aware that in order to keep the list of members manageable, the username of those who haven't participated in the thread within the last 6 months will be removed. If your name is removed, you are always welcome to rejoin the thread at any time. Graduates are listed indefinitely for the joy it brings!

Threadkeeping:

Members are most welcome to take a turn at threadkeeping for a month. It is easy and fun. All help you need will be happily given.

See less See more
#27 ·
JustJenny: well hurry up and O then!
winky.gif

Lilac: I'll be watching your journey eagerly!

AFM: Just wanted to update you ladies because you've seen me through my rough time in November. My beta today more than doubled! My heart was racing when the nurse called to tell me the number, I was so anxious! My first ultrasound is scheduled for next week Thursday. I feel good knowing that the numbers are looking normal, last time they were very low.

#28 ·
That is great news Dakipode!

#31 ·
Hello all!

librarygirl--Sorry to hear this wasn't your month. I don't know about citations specifically in infertility, but I recently read the 4-week detox, and it has some information about how bad artificial sweeteners are (as well as regular sugar). You can get a pdf of the book online at https://code.google.com/p/free-download/downloads/detail?name=4-Week%20Ultimate%20Body%20Detox%20Plan.PDF)

ConiferOD--I know we all hear about "35" as this fertility milestone, but remember it's not like the day before you turn 35 you are more fertile than the next day. And yes to IKEA! DH and I went at the start of the year and I am so happy with our new shelving.

Dakipode--CONGRATS! Very happy for you. Great news on the betas!!

JustJenny--I've had weak positive (?) OPKs the past two cycles, and with my irregular cycles and starting to wonder about some kind of hormonal imbalance myself. Good luck with the Clomid/progesterone combo!

Viddy--I just got Making Babies this week! I have determined I am definitely "stuck." I think my husband is "tired." It sounds like your self massage was effective! I like how the book encourages us to take a longer view of the process, preparing over the course of a few months rather than obsessing over each cycle. I'm really hoping I can get more information about why my cycles have been so irregular and bring things back into balance. The dietary recommendations for me are pretty close to what I had started recently on my own, so that's encouraging. Have you been following the dietary/supplement guides for your types?

lilac--Thanks for starting this new thread. Hoping all goes well with the fertility doc!

AFM--This cycle I am not really trying as I am taking an herbal tincture to cleanse the womb, but I'm still feeling very frustrated. Last month and this month I took OPKs and could not pinpoint a clear time of ovulation. The tests trended toward positive but never quite got there. I also did not have any discernible EWCM. It's very discouraging to think I might not be ovulating at all. I hope that in this new year my body can come into a balanced, fertile state. I'm also trying to get my DH to get his swimmers checked. Sometimes I think the main problem is really stress. He is a first-year middle school teacher and he works insane hours, often lesson planning and grading until well after I've gone to bed, then up and out the door before 7am. I know he is just trying to do a good job, but I feel upset that all this work stress is making it impossible for us to BD at the right times, and probably affecting his health (and virility) as well. I'm sure my multiple jobs and dissertation stress/guilt don't help the cause, either.

#33 ·
Hey everyone
smile.gif
I'm new to this so not to sure wot to do but here goes, I'm TTC for over year now and miscarried sept 2012, I've been doing OV test every month which are fine but this month I ov'd on the 23rd dec and my period still not arrived, I've had 2 neg preg tests this week
greensad.gif
please help!!

#34 ·
Hello. I am also new to this board. My DP and I have been together for 7+ years and two years ago we wanted to get married and start trying for a baby but he was diagnosed with a heart condition. It has put off an engagement and our plans for a baby. The doctor has cleared him to start trying and this month will be our first attempt. Fingers crossed that his medications and condition will not be an impediment. I am baby crazy and just want us to be able to start our family together and take our relationship to the next level.

#35 ·
Welcome Joe82 and mjmax! May your stay here be short and your BFP come soon! Could you give me your age and the month and year you started trying to conceive?

AFM, I saw the Assisted Reproduction Technology nurse today and my Reproductive Endocrinologist as well. We went over our schedule - February/March for now. Some things at school might have me change the schedule to June/July. Over the next couple of weeks we will know for sure. Today I had an HSG and mock embryo transfer. The actual procedures didn't hurt, but man 15 minutes later after talking with the doctor and while paying our fees at the front desk, I had cramps so bad that I felt like throwing up and I got really hot and light headed like I was in the middle of my worst cramps when on my period. It is CD5 and the HSG brought up bright red blood where this morning I was just having a little discharge. Glad I was still wearing my cloth sanitary napkins because the blood came pretty strong. Feeling better now after a bunch of ibuprofen and some horizontal resting. I am excited to moving forward! IVF here we come!

#36 ·
Hi all, and welcome to mjmax and joe82. I'm still pretty new here myself. Lilac, how exciting to be starting the process! I hope you continue to feel better.

This morning I went to see an ob/gyn the nurse practitioner I usually see at the student health clinic had referred me to for my painful and irregular periods. He did a vaginal ultrasound and saw some follicles around my ovaries that could be indicative of PCOS. He didn't seem to think I had endometriosis, which was a concern that the nurse practioner had. It was my first time seeing a male physician for a pelvic exam and I have to say I think I prefer women! It felt a bit rushed and impersonal. He ordered a bunch of lab work to check various hormone levels and said I can start taking Clomid anytime I want. I'm still optimistic that I might be able to bring things back into balance with healthier eating and herbs. I've also started doing these walking meditations when I take my corgi for a walk around sunset. Kind of bummed about the possible PCOS, though.

#37 ·
Hi ladies, I am new to this website and found this forum and thought how perfect cause I just turned 31 on Monday and we are TTC! I am a mother of two, 11 yr and 9yr.. So u can imagine how much I don't remember from being pregnant or even trying! So, I'm 8DPO and am driving myself crazy waiting to test.... I start my last semester of nursing school next week... People might think I'm crazy for wanting to have another baby while starting a career but I can't wait forever!

#38 ·
Welcome kdiaz, I hope your stay here is short! What month and year did you start TTC so I can add it to our chart of active members? Most of us are TTC #1 in our 30s and you are more than welcome to be a part of our group as it sounds like TTC was long ago for you and all the things we wonder about may be the things you wonder about.

#39 ·
Lilacvioletiris- thanks for the welcome!
I started trying December 2012. And yes I do wonder about a lot of things while trying. My sister who is 34 had her first 1 1/2 years ago and had a long battle trying,but had a beautiful little boy in the end. She is now 7 weeks pregnant again and it didn't take but 3 months!
Anyways- stay strong ladies and baby dust to all!!
If anyone has any questions for me feel free to ask, I had to c-sections.
Kdiaz

#41 ·
I'm ready to graduate from this thread. The u/s today showed a little blip in the right place. Some subchorionic hemorrage so not completely reassured but apparently they are fairly common in early pregnancy.

Lilac: all the best with your IVF cycle, I'll be keeping my eye out for you. TeamViddy, JustJenny, librarygirl, Conifer: I'll miss you ladies.

Welcome to all the newcomers!

Everyone: may you all get BFPs and take home babies soon!

btw, lilac: just wanted to point out that the title of this thread reads "TTC#" without "1".

#42 ·
Welcome new ladies!

Dakipode, I am both happy and sad to see you go. The U/S sounds great... I am wishing you the best!

Lilac, February is SO soon! Alright
biggrinbounce.gif

Bailey, I have been leaning in that direction... Got some baby aspirin and digestive enzymes, which are partially because of the book and partially because I recently found out that all of my dad's brothers and sisters have autoimmune issues in their guts (Crohn's and colitis) and enzymes have made a difference for them. I had someone mention recently that since your uterus and guts are close neighbors, so putting things like dairy, wheat, eggs and soy, all of which I'm mildly sensitive to, into the system can make a really negative impact in your fertility.

1st day of my cycle is supposed to be tomorrow. I have one test waiting in the bathroom cabinet... This time around I have a swaddling blanket and I am searching for a book to give my husband when I find out I'm pregnant. I have a haiku written up to announce the pregnancy; I want the announcement to be special. Not sure if this will be our month but I want to be ready if it is.

And when I do get pregnant... I think my OB will be OK with me being a helicopter parent before the baby is even born. After all this time I am going to want to hang onto the pregnancy and watch it closely. For the new folks, we have been TTC for a year and a half with one loss in May. Not technically dealing with infertility yet, but edging closer every month.

#43 ·
joe82, mjmax, Kdiaz -
Welcome.gif
Hope your stay is short and sweet!

Dakipode- Wishing you a super easy pregnancy and birth. You will be missed
grouphug.gif

AFM- I should be Oing in the next few days. My ultrasound went well thursday. The cyst went away on its own like the Dr. thought. I also have 3 eggs ready to drop in my right ovary and one small one in my left. So send your best vibes out for me and maybe we'll make a baby this weekend
biggrinbounce.gif

#45 ·
Welcome new ladies!
smile.gif
It's been said before, but I truly wish you a very short stay xx

Dakipode - Congrats to you! You'll be missed
smile.gif
I hope you have a wonderful experience growing your little bean xx

AFM - I just had my 35th bday on Friday. I'm currently on cd41 and still bfn. I allowed myself to relax and have a few drinks...and honestly I'm glad I did. This TTC can Bea stressful and emotional rollercoaster. You sometimes feel that every single mice you make and thought in your mind is about ttc...and I feel that I started to lose what is important. Obviously I am wanting to start a family, but I don't want to wish away my life for the sake of having a baby. I took some time yesterday and say in the middle of the shopping centre with my Starbucks Soy Chai Tea Latte and nearly started to cry...because it was at that moment I felt an I erwhelmjng feeling of happiness. I love my life, I love my husband and I my Facebook page and phone were completely filled with birthday wishes. I have been so consumed in ttc, I nearly forgot why I'm ready to ttc. Adding a little bean will just enhance my life. I'm ready for it now, but obsessing over it takes away from appreciating why I'm trying.

I know I'm blabbering on, but it's kind of strange. I had a mini-panic attack last week...but from experience, I knew I just needed to breathe, remove myself from the situation causing it and ring my husband. I think that my bday and ttc just built up in my mind and I started to panic. But it gave me that kick in the butt to be honest with myself and really understand and appreciate where I am and what I have. Time will tell if/when I'll be blessed with a little one, however it happens.

So this week I will go to the doc if AF had 't arrived. I'll get a blood test and see if it's a lil bean or just a late AF...and I truly am on with whichever it is.

#49 ·
Kdiaz, WOW! Fantastic! Congratulations. Looks super clear to me.

Conifer, happy bday! What a great thought. I think that's a wonderful take on things.

AFM, thinking of making an acupuncture appointment. Anyone done this before? I am a little terrified but I've heard such good things about it.

#50 ·
Goodness, I just re-read my post from yesterday...predictive text is horrendous!
smile.gif
Obviously I was on a roll and didn't proof read! Hahaha...I think I got the point across, in all the spelling errors and incorrect words!

Kdiaz- Definitely bfn...so exciting!

TeamViddy- I don't know anything about acupuncture myself, but my mom is getting it for the problems she's having with her back and she feels it has really helped her.

#51 ·
kdiaz, that looks like a BFP to me! Way to go!
joy.gif

AFM, got a call from my ART nurse on Friday and it looks like I don't have to go back in for another ultrasound of my ovaries because the doctor was able to count the follicles growing this cycle! Yeah. One less 45 minute trip there then 45 minute trip back. CD11 for me so I have awhile to wait. Expecting next AF Feb. 11 and then we might do our cycle starting March 12 depending on how all our blood testing goes. DH had his tests done last week - they took several vials of blood. I have to wait to have my blood drawn on CD 2 or CD 3 of my next cycle in Feb. Hoping all the tests come back good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.