New Year, New Bajingo Hopes for a BFP! TTC# 1 in our 30s January 2013 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 95 Old 01-26-2013, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Viddy- hug2.gif So sorry. At least you know now....gloomy.gif

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
#62 of 95 Old 01-26-2013, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Bummer teamViddy, but like you said, at least you know.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#63 of 95 Old 01-27-2013, 11:17 PM

Viddy--How are the digestive enzymes working out for you? I picked some up recently, but I haven't been taking them much. I hear they are especially important to take when eating cooked food. I'm also avoiding dairy/wheat/soy, and just started with the baby aspirin, too. I'm sorry that your hopes were dashed. The announcement you have planned sounds so sweet. We are in a similar state in terms of time TTC and having had a loss last year (ours was in June, coming up on two years since stopping contraception, initially NTNA, now TTC). Re: acupuncture I have my first appointment tomorrow and will let you know how it goes!

Jenny--Lots of baby dust to you! Sounds like things are going well. 

Dakipode--Congrats and best wishes for a joyful, healthy pregnancy. 

ConiferOD--happy belated birthday! It sounds like you are very self-aware and I admire that. I know what you mean about wishing the months away. 

KDiaz--Welcome and congratulations! Very happy for you!

Lilac--How exciting to hear about things moving along! Spring seems like the perfect time to be starting.

Pichounette--How thoughtful of you to stop by, and very encouraging to hear your story. Thank you! 

AFM--Well, the ultrasound I had week before last showed slightly polycystic ovaries, but all my lab work came back within the normal ranges. I'm not really sure what the diagnosis is (maybe mild PCOS?) and probably won't get much detailed information until my next appointment on Feb. 27. But on the positive side the doctor did say my womb looks good and healthy and I do seem to be ovulating. 

NTNA March 2011 to June 2012

6 wk M/C June 2012

Actively TTC since October 2012

#64 of 95 Old 01-28-2013, 02:58 AM - Thread Starter

bailey, isn't it great to hear that something about TTC is "good"? Glad to hear that your womb is ready for some action!  Hopefully your doctor appointment at the end of Feb will be more informative.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#65 of 95 Old 01-28-2013, 07:47 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

I have been bugging DH to get his sperm tested for months. Just last week he spent a ton of time in the sauna and I don't think he realizes how big of an impact it can have. I remind him about the impact and it doesn't make a difference.

It dawned on me today that I could ease him into the process of thinking about his side of the equation by getting one of those at-home sperm tests. A few clicks on the internet and it's on its way. No awkward clinic visits with a funny little room for producing a sample. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Foster mom, married to DH (foster dad!)

#66 of 95 Old 01-29-2013, 05:25 AM

Bailey: Glad to hear of the good Dx! Did you read in Making Babies that the average couple in their 30s who BD's once a week takes 10 months to get pregnant? I might be a little off in that stat, but it was close to it. Everything might be totally fine and it's just taking a while for your baby to find you.

How did the acupuncture go?

I have a friend who is planning to start the elimination diet on Feb. 1st so she and I are doing it together. I am sitting here enjoying my cup of coffee, totally terrified. I am following the Whole Life Nutrition Plan, except I think I am skipping two day the green smoothie fast. Just don't know if I'm up for it. Plus, just eating hypoallergenically for 3 weeks shouldn't be bad for TTC, but I do remember hearing that a fast or smoothie only diet isn't that great. It should be interesting to see how it goes.

#67 of 95 Old 01-29-2013, 11:10 AM

bailey- I get cysts on my ovaries too but haven't yet gotten a diagnosis either. I don't think my Doc is so into diagnosis which is starting to irritate me a bit. I don't think he cares about what is causing anything. Its all about the end result for him. Of course I want to get pregnant but I also want to know why all this trouble!

Viddy- Good Luck with hubby's swimmers test and the diet.  Hopefully he won't be threatened by the at home version. It took me forever to get DH to go! The elimination diet is a worthwhile trek! Its really hard the first 3-4 days then you get in a groove.  I did it 5 years ago and found gluten, dairy and soy intolerances. Best thing I ever did!

AFM- 9dpo. Not feeling optimistic anymore. What little symptoms I had are all gone now. I have a blood test on thurs. for pregnancy test so they can tell me to stop the progesterone and start my period. Sucks. My gut feeling is that I have implantation for 3-5 days then I lose it.  This just keeps happening over and over again. I was so hoping that clomid/ progesterone would make the difference this cycle. Eventually it'll work, right????

#68 of 95 Old 01-29-2013, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Team Viddy, I hope the at home sperm count kit works.

AFM, last night I got bad news.  My current job will end in June 2013. Now I need to find a new job. It takes so much work to fill out job applications. I have been at the same teaching/counseling job since 2001 so it is a major mind shift.  Filled out 4 job apps today. Hopefully some other teaching jobs will open up as "that time of year" comes into season.

We have our money saved for our IVF that is covered by my current job's insurance so we are moving forward with that in March. Changes afoot.

#69 of 95 Old 01-29-2013, 04:20 PM

Oh my goodness Lilacvioletiris, I'm sorry to hear about your job. I really don't want to sound cheesy, but I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. I really really believe that to be true. It may not be clear why all this molarky is happening right now...but I'm guessing whatever is ahead will be brilliant smile.gif
#70 of 95 Old 01-30-2013, 11:43 AM

Lilac, what the everloving heck! Your job is ending? At least they gave you some months notice. Sometimes workplaces don't do that, they just kick you out the door.

I agree with Conifer, though... Door closes, window opens, etc. There are probably great opportunities ahead.

#71 of 95 Old 01-30-2013, 04:38 PM

Whoa, Lilac- That's a biggie! I'm sure with your expertise you will find a job quickly. Anyone would love to have you as their teacher smile.gif

#72 of 95 Old 01-30-2013, 10:15 PM

Oh Lilac, what a shock! After so many years! As others mentioned, fortunately you have enough notice to apply for openings for next year. I hope you find a new job that is as wonderful as you are. 

Jenny--Yes, I have the same issue with an unclear diagnosis. It's very frustrating! Hopefully things will become clearer after my next visit. I'm doing castor oil packs in the meantime as I've heard they can help to resolve cysts. Did your doctor recommend anything for your cysts? I'm very sorry to hear about the early losses you are having. And yes, it will work eventually!

Viddy--The acupuncture was wonderful! It was so relaxing and I really did feel the sensation of some energy shifting in my body. It was also very validating and encouraging to hear that I am doing a lot of good things as far as trying to get ready for pregnancy. Good luck with the elimination diet. I gave up coffee and it hasn't been too bad. What does your husband say about the sauna? Did you get him to read "Making Babies"? I finally got mine to make an appointment for a sperm analysis, but it's not until March 4. 

6 wk M/C June 2012

#73 of 95 Old 01-31-2013, 03:04 AM - Thread Starter

I am confident something better will come along for my job - I am qualified to be a school guidance counselor and a chemistry, math, and computer science teacher.  Now just comes the task of applying.  It is like having a part time job. I love working with young people and I know I will find a place where I can be of the most help to many young people.

#74 of 95 Old 01-31-2013, 03:02 PM

bailey - My cysts so far have resolved by themselves so I haven't had to do anything else. He never recommended my doing anything but wait it out.

AFMWell, the blood test today revealed the bfn. My progesterone was still not high enough to sustain a pregnancy even though I supplemented. It was improved over last cycle though. Hopefully it will continue to climb. Now I get to sit and wait for AF. I'm pretty down about all this. I tried not to let my hopes get up but everything was going so well. Its frustrating to mess with my hormones with the pills and still get the same result. ...

#75 of 95 Old 02-02-2013, 08:57 AM

Lilac, I recently went through a job search and I'd like to offer some good old annoying unsolicited advice  :). Because applying for jobs is such a time consuming thing, I set up a search through indeed.com for the type of job I was seeking. I was looking in healthcare and I know which of my friends/old coworkers work where, so I knew the workplaces where I would have someone to vouch for me.

I only applied at jobs where I had a personal reference that was fairly strong (i.e. they had some solid knowledge of my work ethic, etc). It made the process very painless because I got an interview and callback for every place I applied. It took so much less time than the last time I looked for a job.

Best of luck!

#76 of 95 Old 02-12-2013, 09:56 AM

Hi--I miss this thread! I'm on CD 23. I started temping again after a long hiatus and I have noticed my temps are pretty low. Today my BBT was 96.6. I definitely have not seen a rise to indicate ovulation, either. If anything, my temps seem to be dropping. It's so confusing.

6 wk M/C June 2012

#77 of 95 Old 02-12-2013, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, it has been silent for a little while.

Got AF yesterday.  Today I had NINE vials of blood drawn for hormone checking and other infertility testing in preparation for next months IVF.  I can hardly wait!  Thankfully my arm isn't too worse for the wear.  One more month and I start taking stimulation meds and I am hoping that in 2 months I will have a little one or maybe two on the way! 

#78 of 95 Old 02-12-2013, 07:35 PM

bailey- That sucks greensad.gif I hate annovulatory cycles. The stress just lingers on. Maybe your temps are dropping because AF is coming? How long are your cycles usually?

lilac- 9 vials of blood jaw.gif I would of passed out, lol.  Whatever gets you to pregnant right! I am so excited for you too. I hope you get your babies right away!!

AFM- I'm Currently on CD7. I had a RE appt. thursday. AF finally came the same day. Had another small cyst that possibly delayed AF's Visit.  For this cycle They doubled the amounts of clomid and progesterone and we will be doing a injectable med to jump start ovulation on day 13. Seemed a little over kill to me on the ovulation part since I keep having chemical pregnancies. Obviously I'm getting pregnant.  Glad they upped the progesterone though.  I guess more eggies can't hurt!  smile.gif The large amounts of clomid have been a little rough this week. I've really been feelin' it the last few days. Thank goodness tonight is the last dose. 

#79 of 95 Old 02-15-2013, 03:49 AM - Thread Starter

JustJenny, I hope that the extra progesterone works for you.

So far the blood tests have come back with good news.  My vitamin D3 was low (12.8) so I am supposed to take 2000 IU of that with breakfast and dinner.  My TSH was up to 1.78 from 1.57, my free T4 was up to 1.19 from 0.99, my FSH was 4.7, and my prolactin was 8.6 and this was all for Day 2 testing.  Being hypothyroid was I was concerned about my TSH and free T4 but I think I am now in the range where it is good.  Hopefully all this work will get me a baby or two!

#80 of 95 Old 02-15-2013, 12:51 PM

Great news, Lilac! Sounds like things are moving right along.

Jenny, I hope the extra clomid and progesterone work their magic. I might be started clomid in the next few months, depending on how things go.

Yesterday for the first time in a few months I had some real EWCM :) Throughout this cycle I've been intermittently getting watery CM, but not stretchy. So, I was glad to have that show up in time for Valentine's Day. Just relieved that my body seems to be ovulating (positive OPK today), even if it is late in the cycle (day 25). I think that stress is mucking things up. Hopefully I see some temps rise . . .

6 wk M/C June 2012

#81 of 95 Old 02-15-2013, 02:02 PM

Great numbers lilac! I bet your counting the days- so exciting! joy.gif

Bailey- yay for ovulation! Hoping you catch that egg! goodvibes.gif

AFM- CD10 and I'm feeling better. Only symptoms left are sore ovaries- which is manageable. Monday is my appointment to see if the follicles are ready then I'll get the trigger shot to force ovulation.  So I'm just waitin' whistling.gif

#82 of 95 Old 02-15-2013, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

That is exciting Jenny!  I hope that trigger shot is just the ticket and that the sperm find the egg at the perfect time to make a baby!

#83 of 95 Old 02-15-2013, 06:29 PM

Jenny, sounds good! Glad you are feeling better.

Lilac, so happy for you as you get closer and closer. It'll be here in no time orngbiggrin.gif

AFM, yet another cycle started over. I am back to normal with the medium/heavy flow. Not too surprised since DH did a lot of sauna sitting just a week before I O'd; I had low expectations. Besides the sauna (which he just didn't think about), he was really into the process this month. It took a lot of pressure off of me; it's such a relief that he is finally invested in the TTC process. For the first time in months I didn't cry when AF showed up.

#84 of 95 Old 02-16-2013, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

TeamViddy glad to hear that you are having a good attitude about AF this month. I hope this month will be more successful for you.

#85 of 95 Old 02-16-2013, 05:09 PM

Viddy- So glad to hear your dh is on board. I can identify with the relief you feel. It took a looooong time before my dh was ready. ANd when he finally was ready anything regarding ttc was left all up to me. He is now a more active participant thank God. Sometimes I don't think its real to them, you know? I know he's going to be awesome once a baby gets here, but until then I think its hard for him to connect to the process.  Hope you get your egg caught this cycle! dust.gif

#86 of 95 Old 02-17-2013, 12:51 PM

Jenny, there was a HUGE difference between him being ready to stop preventing pregnancy, and whatever happened last month. I don't know what flipped the switch, and why it took more than a year and a half. I have heard a lot of people say exactly what you said about it not being real to them. Maybe there was some master plan to waiting until our partners are emotionally invested...

Lilac, thanks... I'll be thinking of you as the date gets closer for you :)

#87 of 95 Old 02-18-2013, 02:06 PM

Hey ladies! Wow...sounds like everyone has had an eventful month to say the least. I was looking for the February thread and couldn't find it. Then I actually was trying to stay away from the web for a bit. I was so consumed with it all and it was all I could think about.

Then I was wondering how all of you were doing and I am so happy to see you girls back on this thread.

Viddy - I totally understand where you're coming from. We switch on straight away when the decision to ttc is made. There are so many emotions since it's our body that's going through it. We have to watch the changes in our body on a daily basis. I'm delighted that you are feeling that he's more there smile.gif

Bailey, Jenny and Lilac - It sounds like things for you all are moving in the right direction. There is so much to track, so much to take in, so much excitement...I truly hope you all stay positive and get those wombs ready for some cookin' !!!

AFM - I have supposedly stopped focusing on it smile.gif For February and March I'm not tracking anything. Obviously I can tell when I have EWCM and I can fell my O pains, but no writing in my daily trackers. It's out 1st wedding anniversary in March and I just wanna bd when I feel like it without ttc in the back of my head. Then come April I'll properly track again. Now don't get me wrong, just because I'm not physically tracking it, I have LOADS of mental notes of what and when things are happening...I'm not good at lying to myself. It's kind of like I'm pretending to take my mind off it, but the reality is that it doesn't leave your mind. But I think my sanity has returned and I'm keeping myself busy in hopes by relaxing I will help my body relax yo let nature take it's course. Time will tell smile.gif
#88 of 95 Old 02-19-2013, 04:09 AM - Thread Starter

Confier, I hope your time off from tracking gives you the rest you need. 

AFM, spent an hour on the phone with my mail order pharmacy trying to get all the meds pre approved for my IVF cycle.  At least the pre-approval guy really spoke English and could think on his feet, the other woman I spoke to could only read to me from scripts and was unable to answer my questions to my satisfaction. I will be calling my Dr. again today to figure out exactly how the ranges of meds I need will work - does the pharmacy give me the low end or the high end or am I getting meds delivered every day for the month as I need them. March is coming!

#89 of 95 Old 02-19-2013, 08:38 AM

Lilac- wow! How many meds do you have to take for IVF?  Sounds complicated! Glad to hear your insurance will cover some of the meds. Mine won't cover squat related to pregnancy. The trigger shot was $140 alone! Luckily they covered the 80% of my HSG.

AFM- Got my trigger shot yesterday and had the positive opk this morning. They give it in your stomach! I thought it was gonna be in the butt, lol. Luckily its a small needle. Anyhow we'll be trying to catch a egg for the next few days. winky.gif

#90 of 95 Old 02-19-2013, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Lilac, I am so excited for you guys! Hope you get all the insurance stuff worked out.

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page