TTC While Nursing in Jan - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 104 Old 01-12-2013, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome, herbivora! Hope you feel better soon-- that flu is wicked!

Me & DH ; DS (Aug 2010) ; DD1 (May 2012) ; DD2 (Nov 2013)
#32 of 104 Old 01-12-2013, 07:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

CD8 here and HOLY EWCF! So, we took advantage of that. mischievous.gif

#33 of 104 Old 01-13-2013, 08:14 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Wishing you lots of baby dust, erigeron!

I POAS today and got a -ve.  Only 10DPO so I'm sure it was too early to test.  My nipples are sooo sensitive and quite painful when DD2 latches.  Nursing feels just like it did when I was nursing DD1 and preggo with DD2.  I'm much too hopeful this month; I know I'll be so disappointed if AF arrives on Thursday!

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#34 of 104 Old 01-13-2013, 09:42 AM

It's nice to meet you (all of you)!! I grew up in Victoria, moved here 5 and a half years ago. I miss Victoria so much.. Living 3 hours north of Edmonton, and being a vegan, AP-type, "extended" breastfeeding family makes us a major rarity here in the Texas of Canada. I'm glad to have found this forum smile.gif

Artist and DIY enthusiast on a happiness quest, I'm a crafty Mama to my sweet girl, pos.gif #2 due Dec 2013

Vegan. treehugger.gif EBF. winner.jpg
#35 of 104 Old 01-13-2013, 11:59 AM

Fingers crossed for you angelkissedkids!! I can only imagine, herbivora! I'm also vegan. DHs family are Albertans so I get an idea of what it must be like.
#36 of 104 Old 01-13-2013, 08:14 PM

What! Vegan too? Awesome!

So under normal circumstances I would have nothing to report except that.. I'm 4dpo (MAX 5dpo, I felt O pain 5 days ago but wasn't temping very reliably given the fever and all) and I have spotting. WTF is this? Has anyone had spotting this early before? When I said my luteal phase was short I meant like.. 9 days, not 4-5!! If this is my period, please someone take me out back and go all Old Yeller on me, AF would just add insult to injury right now with how I've been feeling.

You can tell my family I went to go live on a 'farm'. :P

Artist and DIY enthusiast on a happiness quest, I'm a crafty Mama to my sweet girl, pos.gif #2 due Dec 2013

#37 of 104 Old 01-13-2013, 09:20 PM

Could you move me to Waiting to know, please... thanks!  I got a positive OPK today, and I'm having some really, really strong mittleschmertz on my left side (along with other signs of ovulation about to occur) so I'm happy that my system seems to be working fine.  Now, all I have to do is hope that my eggs don't know how old they are, and act accordingly!  Ugh, the tww is hard...

AKK, good luck!

#38 of 104 Old 01-14-2013, 02:55 AM

Im also Canadian, from Nova Scotia ..
DD 6mos, 2mons TTC #2
please move me to WAITING TO KNOW smile.gif
#39 of 104 Old 01-14-2013, 06:37 AM

No news to share today.  I managed to not POAS this morning thanks to the $store being closed yesterday earlier than I thought.  I plan to test again tomorrow (12DPO).

Wishing you lots of serenity for those of you just starting your 2WW!  I thought I would be so zen this month but my sore nipples are making me a little crazy with anticipation!

herbivora, is it brown blood or bright red?  There's no way you're 6DPO and having early implantation?

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#40 of 104 Old 01-14-2013, 08:05 AM

Well, I'm out - Please move me to waiting to O - DD 19 months, TTC 6 months. Good luck to the rest of you ladies waiting to know!!

#41 of 104 Old 01-14-2013, 08:37 AM

herbivora, sorry to hear AF found you. I hope next month you find yourself having not just a longer lp, but a bfp!

#42 of 104 Old 01-14-2013, 08:41 AM

You can add me to the success list. Got my bfp on Jan 4th. I'm not sure on dates so go for my dating ultrasound on Wednesday.

Good luck to all the others waiting to test smile.gif
#43 of 104 Old 01-14-2013, 09:28 AM

Congrats, SweetKidsOfMine!!!

#44 of 104 Old 01-14-2013, 10:05 AM

Yes!! Congratulations!

#45 of 104 Old 01-14-2013, 10:20 AM

Congrats sweetkidsofmine!

AFM I think I'm still waiting to catch the first egg. I thought I was gearing up to O so we did some bd'ing but my temps are wacky and I'm not sure whether I actually O'd or not. But, I am getting cramps like AF is coming. I'm still up frequently at night so I fear my tenps aren't that reliable.

Mother to a wonderful little girl, born Sept/2011 via h20homebirth.gif and enjoyingbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifcd.gif

Currently belly.gif(EDD: February 2014)

#46 of 104 Old 01-14-2013, 07:43 PM

Congrats sweetkidsofmine! I hope more of us will be joining you soon.

#47 of 104 Old 01-15-2013, 03:53 AM

Congrats sweetkidsofmine!

Herbivora I had one cycle after DS1 when I only had a 5 day lp.  three cycles later it lengthened enough to get pg with DD.

I'm pretty excited since it seems I might actualy ovulate nearly on time this cycle, I've had 6 days of EWCM and my opk this morning was very nearly positive (hope this afternoons is fully positive), and I'm only on cd 17.  This is my second pp cycle, and after DS1 it took much longer for me to pop an egg this normally. Hoping it means my lp will cooperate and I'll get knocked up this month.  I did realize I've taken a lot of EmerenC this month (kids with colds and up half the night) and that has a lot of B vitamins in it, do you think that might have helped?

#48 of 104 Old 01-15-2013, 05:44 AM

Congrats sweetkidsofmine! I get pretty excited whenever I see a BFP in here. :)

Well, Sunday I was ticked off at DH all day, for no apparent reason. Yesterday I came home and all I wanted to do was snuggle and love on my baby boy...I was so emo about my overwhelming love for him. Could be that I'm just cognitively depleted from comprehensive exams. Could be that I'm gearing up for AF! Here's hopin'.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#49 of 104 Old 01-15-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch358 View Post

Updated to here

Zona when did ppaf return fot you my DS is 20 mo and I am still waiting.

I have only had 4 cycles so far.  Hopefully they are becoming regular since he does not seem to need his boob any more :(

congrats to sweetkidsofmine.:)

I have tested and gotten a faint positive and lots of negatives.  AF should be here in two days but I am imagining every pregnancy symptom ever.   If not this month then next....

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#50 of 104 Old 01-16-2013, 08:28 PM

Congrats sweetkidsofmine!!
#51 of 104 Old 01-16-2013, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Updated to here.

ladyelms- where do you want me to add you and what do you want it to say (please put it in bold)

Welcome newbs.  Nothing much new here I thougt I had O'ed over the holidays had a temp rise then it fell thought af was coming but she did not.  I'm not pregs so I'm still waiting to catch the 1st PP egg.  DS is 21monts now and I'm starting to get scared that AF will never come back.  he still nurses4-5x a day and I still pump once at work.  Once this cold season is over I'm cutting out the pumping.  He is prone to sinus and ear problems and dairy does not help when he is sick, so I like to be able to send BM for him to drink at daycare.

DS 4/11

#52 of 104 Old 01-17-2013, 07:29 AM

My period is 6 days late. I'm on vacation so I'm waiting to test. I did test the day I thought my af would start. It was negative, but after the 10 minutes when I checked again it was a slight positive. I guess we shall see.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#53 of 104 Old 01-17-2013, 07:53 AM

Wow, that's exciting 100%mom!  Update us as soon as you can test :-)

stretch358, sorry to hear you're still waiting to catch the first PP egg.  21 months is a long time to be waiting!  My first PPAF arrived at 14 months and the second time around it was 17 months; I expect if/when we have a 3rd baby that I'll likely be waiting even longer.  It's tough being patient.  Are you doing anything to try to kick start things?  Something simple my naturopath had me do was drink lots of Nettle Leaf tea which is compatible with BF.  Like you, I don't intend to make any major changes to our nursing schedule until the cold/flu season is over.  BM is too valuable during these cold winter months!

AFM, AF is due to arrive today.  BFN on a $store with FMU today :-(  Feeling like AF might arrive later today, on schedule, but no definite signs yet.  Trying to remain hopeful but all these BFNs are killing my optimism.

Better luck to the rest of you nursing mamas!!!

#54 of 104 Old 01-17-2013, 08:11 AM

After 10 minutes the results aren't valid anymore. :(

#55 of 104 Old 01-17-2013, 12:05 PM

But, pair the slight +ve after 10 minutes with also being 6 days late and your history of conceiving easily, I feel hopeful for you 100%mom!

I don't mean to spam everyone but in case anyone hasn't seen my post and is willing to help me figure out why I seem to have to wait until 6 weeks to get a BFP (and have a period in the mean time), I'd appreciate your thoughts: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1372526/confused-about-history-of-getting-bfps-at-6-weeks-not-earlier

Brown EWCM type fluid today.  Reeaaalllly hoping AF stays away!

#56 of 104 Old 01-17-2013, 08:56 PM

Took a test today. Turns out I'm pregnant after TTC #2 the 1rst month again, just like #1 smile.gif Please move me to Success, Due: Sep 28
#57 of 104 Old 01-17-2013, 09:43 PM

Congrats Destiny33!!! Amazing... My fingers are crossed for you 100%mom
#58 of 104 Old 01-17-2013, 10:27 PM

Yay, congrats Destiny33! joy.gif

Not much to report here... I think I ovulated yesterday but I have to wait for the temp jump, which tends to take me a few days.

I am so much more relaxed about ttc than I was a few months ago, though, and it's nice. I feel right now like if it takes a few months that's okay, and I'm genuinely happy for people who are pregnant rather than being partly RAWR WHY ISN'T IT ME THIS TIME. (I think this is partly because when we were trying a few months ago we really wanted an early summer baby because that would be best with my husband's schedule, but now one month is as inconvenient as the next so it doesn't make that big of a difference.) Last night I wasn't really feeling it, and had a bit of a tug-of-war of "On the one hand, I'm fertile tonight, but on the other hand, I'm not really feeling it, and I don't want to remember the conception of my child as happening in spite of me not being into it, but I don't know if I want to invalidate this whole month because I'm not in the mood right now, etc. etc." I did end up feeling it, though, so it wasn't an issue. mischievous.gif

#59 of 104 Old 01-18-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny33 View Post

Took a test today. Turns out I'm pregnant after TTC #2 the 1rst month again, just like #1 smile.gif Please move me to Success, Due: Sep 28

That's awesome. Congrats mama!

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#60 of 104 Old 01-18-2013, 12:28 PM

Wow, Destiny, that's fantastic!  Congratulations!  I hope more of us on here have success this month, also... Send some baby dust our way, please!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page