Hopeful Jo 8 PPAF, 8mo TTC, DS 17mo

May
Chloe'smamachartnew.gif 4 months ttc, 4ppaf, dd1-3.75, dd2 -20 months
OrganicViolin

April
mothershipchartnew.gif 2 mo TTC, 15 PPAF, DD 24 mo
OSUvet 1 PPAF, DS 13 months

March
gardenbellechart1new.gif 9 months TTC, 9 PPAF, DD 22 months (the nurser) and DS 3 1/2
Julie 8 mo DS, 2 PPAF
CityMama2Q DD 20 MO

February
Lairac
Sere234 8 PPAF, 3 months TTC, DS 18 mo
icy02 6 PPAF, ds 19 m/o & ds 3 y/o
Pittnurse08chartnew.gif 18PPAF, 1 cycle ttc, DD 26m

Please put all changes in bold!

See less See more
#53 ·
Wow, that's exciting 100%mom! Update us as soon as you can test :)

stretch358, sorry to hear you're still waiting to catch the first PP egg. 21 months is a long time to be waiting! My first PPAF arrived at 14 months and the second time around it was 17 months; I expect if/when we have a 3rd baby that I'll likely be waiting even longer. It's tough being patient. Are you doing anything to try to kick start things? Something simple my naturopath had me do was drink lots of Nettle Leaf tea which is compatible with BF. Like you, I don't intend to make any major changes to our nursing schedule until the cold/flu season is over. BM is too valuable during these cold winter months!

AFM, AF is due to arrive today. BFN on a $store with FMU today :-( Feeling like AF might arrive later today, on schedule, but no definite signs yet. Trying to remain hopeful but all these BFNs are killing my optimism.

Better luck to the rest of you nursing mamas!!!

#55 ·
But, pair the slight +ve after 10 minutes with also being 6 days late and your history of conceiving easily, I feel hopeful for you 100%mom!

I don't mean to spam everyone but in case anyone hasn't seen my post and is willing to help me figure out why I seem to have to wait until 6 weeks to get a BFP (and have a period in the mean time), I'd appreciate your thoughts: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1372526/confused-about-history-of-getting-bfps-at-6-weeks-not-earlier

Brown EWCM type fluid today. Reeaaalllly hoping AF stays away!

#58 ·
Yay, congrats Destiny33!
joy.gif

Not much to report here... I think I ovulated yesterday but I have to wait for the temp jump, which tends to take me a few days.

I am so much more relaxed about ttc than I was a few months ago, though, and it's nice. I feel right now like if it takes a few months that's okay, and I'm genuinely happy for people who are pregnant rather than being partly RAWR WHY ISN'T IT ME THIS TIME. (I think this is partly because when we were trying a few months ago we really wanted an early summer baby because that would be best with my husband's schedule, but now one month is as inconvenient as the next so it doesn't make that big of a difference.) Last night I wasn't really feeling it, and had a bit of a tug-of-war of "On the one hand, I'm fertile tonight, but on the other hand, I'm not really feeling it, and I don't want to remember the conception of my child as happening in spite of me not being into it, but I don't know if I want to invalidate this whole month because I'm not in the mood right now, etc. etc." I did end up feeling it, though, so it wasn't an issue.
mischievous.gif

#59 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny33 View Post

Took a test today. Turns out I'm pregnant after TTC #2 the 1rst month again, just like #1
smile.gif
Please move me to Success, Due: Sep 28
That's awesome. Congrats mama!

#61 ·
Congrats Destiny!!! You're lucky to be so fertile. I hope your babydust is contagious to the rest of us!

erigeron, glad to hear that you ended up enjoying your BDing. I find that sometimes the only reason I'm initiating is because I think I should but then I almost always end up enjoying myself once we're dancing :)

AFM, I don't want to double post for those of you also subbed to the 2WW thread but it's now late afternoon on CD29 and AF almost always arrives early afternoon on CD28 so I may be late. I had the tiniest bit of brownish CM yesterday morning, a tiny little bit again this a.m. and nothing else since! I'm very optimistic despite another BFN today. If this is IB, then I hope to see a BFP in the next day or two; I'll be so sad if AF arrives instead.

#63 ·
Another Canadian here! Kitchener, ON

I am now 40 days into my cycle, with 3 bfn. I've only had one PPAF, and my son turns 2 next month. I don't know what is going on in my body. We were super faithful dancers for the first two weeks, but I just couldn't keep it up. Now I don't know if I O'd (I didn't bother to temp, I just tried to BD every day, figured it wouldn't matter when I O'd), or when it might have happened. DS has been nursing a lot, but I don't think it is much more than before. Could my body revert back after only 1 PPAF?

#65 ·
Well I'm not Canadian but I'm from Maine so pretty darn close! I'm thrilled to have actually ovulated nearly on time this month, CD 18. I'm 4 dpo now so I can be added to the TWW, or one week wait if my lp doesn't cooperate. I've had IB with all three of my previous pregnancies so I'll be looking for that soon. Random question, I seem to have a slow temp rise after ovulating, is this a function of breastfeeding or is it just me?

#66 ·
I have a question for you all: how many days does your EWCM last?

I'm on cd12 and am pleasantly surprised to see that my follicular phase may not turn out to be short this cycle afterall. EWCM was present on cd9 and i figured for sure O would arrive (much too) early. holding my breath now that O will hold out just a couple more days so i can begin the TWW w/ some actual hope!

#67 ·
Good question about the EWCM, I was wondering the same thing. Mine lasts a total of about 5 days-- one or two days of small amount showing up, then 2 days of really good amount, then one day where it tapers off. I'm trying to figure out if my 'peak day' is really that last day where I still have some (as per TCOYF), but it's hard not to believe that my most fertile day wouldn't be the day where I've had the absolute most.

#68 ·
good point, tenzinsmama (love the name tenzin, btw. it would have been last babe's name had she been a boy)

hopefully somebody will weigh in.

#70 ·
Prior to having children I usually ha 3-4 days of EWCM, and seemed to O on CD 13 pretty consistently. Since babies (and thus while breastfeeding) EWCM lasts longer, it definately takes my body a while to get over the estrogen hump and actually O. Once I get more regular and my LOs are nursing less, I have probably 5 days EWCM and O on CD 15. This past month, only my second pp cycle, I had 8 days and Oed on CD 18. And I almost always have one day of EWCM after I O, usually not as much as my peak day, and I usually have a slow rise. I'm pretty confident of my O day since I get really really intense sharp ovary pains for a half hour or so, seems like I feel it more and more after each baby. I've been thinking a lot about the slow rise phenomenon, wouldn't it make sense that you'd be more likely to concieve twins with a slow rise since it is the increase in progesterone that signals the other eggs that had been developing not to release? Twins run in my family (my maternal grandfather was a twin), so perhaps this is the biology behind it?

#72 ·
Fern, I notice many of the same things you describe about gearing up to O, and the more intense ovary pain around O.

Question for you all, if you are using OPKs and you get a positive, when do you ensure you bd? And do you test once or twice a day?

#74 ·
So, while I'm definitely not ready to declare myself a success story, I got a BFP tonight on a FRER (4 days after AF was due; many BFNs before now). However, I'm also bleeding today like I did for 5 days during the start of my last pregnancy. I have no idea why I have an almost normal AF when I am indeed pregnant. I will be following up with my doctor tomorrow to get bloodwork and an ultrasound but I'm still excited! Grow baby grow! This was cycle #4 TTC LO#3, 5PPAF, DD 22mos.

#75 ·
Wow, a big congratulations 100%mom!!! It's nice to know that some other women are a bit slow to get their BFPs like I am! I've POASd way too many times since 10DPO, all -ve or what I thought were evap lines, until my BFP tonight!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.