Heard of/tried lunaconception? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-05-2013, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone done this? Basically the theory is that you need to be sleeping in complete darkness (simulating the new moon) and then have a bit of light at night for 3 days (simulating the full moon) to stimulate ovulation. Wondering if this might help me ov a little earlier? Supposed to increase progesterone levels as well, which is an issue for me. I figure it can't hurt! 

I usually ov day 17-20. Wondering which day I should start the light to move it up a bit? Wouldn't want to do it too early for my body, I guess. Maybe CD 14-16? Any thoughts?

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

Cautiously expecting #3 in November!

****5*joy.gif**10****15****20****25****30****35****40

We are a happy treehugger.gifwinner.jpg asl.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif family!

#2 of 5 Old 01-06-2013, 09:00 AM

I have heard of lunaception. In fact, there is a midwife at Birthwell.com that coaches women on how to do it. There are also a set of secondary ovulation times that you may want to explore that were discovered by a group of Russian scientists a few decades ago. [Edited my moderator to remove promotional content]

If you are having a difficult time conceiving, I would also recommend looking into having your uterus centered. A tipped or retroverted uterus, while not dangerous, can make the journey for the sperm much longer... interfering with conception. You may also want to look into a home test kit for your husband to see where his sperm count is at. Good luck!

#3 of 5 Old 01-06-2013, 02:27 PM

Hi Katie - I've heard of it and tried it a little bit (but I almost always get up to pee in the night and see some type of light so not sure how well I succeeded during the dark phase). I opened the blinds/curtains during the full moon (even though it was past my O date in the hope that it would somehow help with implantation or something). The moon is powerful! I say go for it, maybe start with CD15, give it a try!!

Me (S) + my soulmate (D), together for 12 years. Joyfully added our sweet little boy, Gabriel, born at home on 9/21/13. We have 2 good dog2.gif  + 4 crazy cat.gif 
#4 of 5 Old 01-06-2013, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, ladies. I am definitely going to try it. Can't hurt! My lunar chart says my lunar fertility days are CD 17-20 this cycle, so I think I'll start the light on CD 16 to coincide with that and hopefully get a nice strong ov for a nice, sticky baby! Fingers crossed! 

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

Cautiously expecting #3 in November!

****5*joy.gif**10****15****20****25****30****35****40

We are a happy treehugger.gifwinner.jpg asl.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif family!

#5 of 5 Old 01-07-2013, 09:27 AM

goodvibes.gifand fingersx.gif for you too!!

Me (S) + my soulmate (D), together for 12 years. Joyfully added our sweet little boy, Gabriel, born at home on 9/21/13. We have 2 good dog2.gif  + 4 crazy cat.gif 

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page