Mothering Forum banner

The "ONE" Thread for Jan. 7 to 13

1K views 35 replies 18 participants last post by  anyalily 
#1 ·
WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD
for January 7 to 13

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gif
Waiting to O
whistling.gif

anyalily

sarahl918

doularebekah BFPChart2.gif

Fern5Fern

FreedEm11 BFPChart2.gif

John16n33

JustJenny

katiecornflakes

KnitterMama

magoodoggy BFPChart2.gif

samy23

SKJ2011 BFPChart2.gif

Stevi BFPChart2.gif

ThePeacefulMama

WildDoula

headscratch.gif
Waiting to Know (2WW)
headscratch.gif

A2E BFPChart2.gif

BetsyPage

brichole BFPChart2.gif

countrybound

FEimusicforever

Fnord BFPChart2.gif

librarygirl BFPChart2.gif

LilyKay

LittleKind

mamacatsbaby

skeemama

SparkleMaman

stegenrae BFPChart2.gif

summerlake

SuzieSmiles

confused.gif
WTF IS GOING ON?!?!
confused.gif

bloodofthefae

southernmommie

RavenMadMommy
Renaissance31

idea.gif
Waiting to be Ready
idea.gif

BeautifulCanvas
Butterflymom

candyshells

dakipode

imbjer

jeminijad

jesepumpkin

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

Lidamama84

Michaels-Mommy

nisojon BFPChart2.gif

sleepingbeauty BFPChart2.gif
Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif
tinytina
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif
~ GRADUATES~
joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

Graduate Thread in I'm Pregnant:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1352182/one-graduates-may-june/20

(the current thread keeper can update the graduate link as needed)

heartbeat.gif
January BFP's
heartbeat.gif

devilish

heartbeat.gif
December BFP's
heartbeat.gif

Banana731

bdavis912

CDsMom1031 BFPChart2.gif

happybunny

Jillgayle

livingsky BFPChart2.gif

heartbeat.gif
November BFP's
heartbeat.gif

InLove2009

mirpmama

MyKidKissTrees

Starfish11

heartbeat.gif
October BFP's
heartbeat.gif

amlikam

Angierae
dayiscoming2006 BFPChart2.gif

gratefulstella BFPChart2.gif

kitteh

jaxxy

nerissav BFPChart2.gif

SweetMama34

heartbeat.gif
September BFP's
heartbeat.gif

aHikaru

AmandaLynnH

bebelove BFPChart2.gif

jr'smom

LittleBlackBug

nattery

Quinalla BFPChart2.gif

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi all. Just startin' us off for the week. I did some housekeeping and tracked down some BFPs that never graduated. Now look at how many graduates we have had the past few months! I love seeing how active this thread is.

Wishing you all a fertile week!
pos.gif

#4 ·
Cripes, I think there's a case to be made for time actually slowing down in the TWW, argh!
eyesroll.gif

#6 ·
Hi there! I can be moved to Waiting to Know, I think I'm 11DPO today. CD 32. I'm not confident for a BFP this cycle because we had poor timing. I got the positive OPK on CD11, but my temps remained low, so I was pretty bummed and thought that I would have another month of no O. I got a temp shift on CD 22 though, and have had high temps since. I'm just happy for the confirmation that I O'd!!

I have an appt. with my ob/gyn on Thursday, so I'm looking forward to seeing what she has to say.

Hi Lily! Hope your TWW is peaceful!
goodvibes.gif

#7 ·
Thanks for the new thread!

Question, should we be dtd on my first 'dry' day as well? Last month I *thought* we timed it perfectly since we dtd on all of my fertile cm days, but now I am thinking I should have done it on my first dry day as well.

#8 ·
Thanks for the new thread! Wow, that's lots of BFPs! How awesome, let's keep them coming ladies!!! I actually got a BFP (2 of them
orngbiggrin.gif
) on Sunday, but am not sure I should be moved yet... I posted in the 2WW and HHAC threads so don't want to be too crazy and post all about it here too... but here's a link if anyone is interested in the details:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1371194/hope-healing-and-conceiving-january-2013/40#post_17221837

I'm super excited and really feel good about it. I am not sure when I should start interviewing midwives. I don't have insurance or a normal doc that I visit, so not really sure where to go from here... Last pregnancy I went to my NP who was also a midwife and he took care of everything, ran my blood tests, ultrasounds, etc... But, he has since retired and I am not really comfortable going to see his replacement because she is so new. I know that probably sounds horrible, but because of my AMA and this being hopefully my first pregnancy to go to term, I really want someone with YEARs of experience, not someone in their first year... I've started researching midwives and found a couple that I really like and want to call but feel silly since it's so early...? Not sure if I should be posting this here??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacatsbaby View Post

Cripes, I think there's a case to be made for time actually slowing down in the TWW, argh!
eyesroll.gif
I totally know how you feel, it was as if time stood still for me! Where are you in your TWW?

goodvibes.gif
Good luck to everyone in the 2WW!

#9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by John16n33 View Post

Thanks for the new thread!

Question, should we be dtd on my first 'dry' day as well? Last month I *thought* we timed it perfectly since we dtd on all of my fertile cm days, but now I am thinking I should have done it on my first dry day as well.
I would... I do. I used NFP for years to prevent and I understood that you were fertile until the 3rd temp over the coverline. For me, that would include my first or even second dry day. Can't over do it, right?

#10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieSmiles View Post

Thanks for the new thread! Wow, that's lots of BFPs! How awesome, let's keep them coming ladies!!! I actually got a BFP (2 of them
orngbiggrin.gif
) on Sunday, but am not sure I should be moved yet... I posted in the 2WW and HHAC threads so don't want to be too crazy and post all about it here too... but here's a link if anyone is interested in the details:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1371194/hope-healing-and-conceiving-january-2013/40#post_17221837

I'm super excited and really feel good about it. I am not sure when I should start interviewing midwives. I don't have insurance or a normal doc that I visit, so not really sure where to go from here... Last pregnancy I went to my NP who was also a midwife and he took care of everything, ran my blood tests, ultrasounds, etc... But, he has since retired and I am not really comfortable going to see his replacement because she is so new. I know that probably sounds horrible, but because of my AMA and this being hopefully my first pregnancy to go to term, I really want someone with YEARs of experience, not someone in their first year... I've started researching midwives and found a couple that I really like and want to call but feel silly since it's so early...? Not sure if I should be posting this here??
Suzie, yay! I know it is hard to believe it the natural tendency is to assume the worst, but those look like STRONG BFPs to me. Take care of yourself and enjoy!

#12 ·
Welcome, Lily! Hope your stay here is short and sweet.

AFM, I've been cramping since last night and started to spot a few hours ago, so AF must be here. Finally. Please move me to Waiting to O! We might be taking a TTC break here soon, just depending on how some things that are up in the air right now pan out. So who knows. I'll stick around until we've made a decision though.
lol.gif

#13 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone
innocent.gif
!

If I remember correctly from the "Garden of Fertility", you could ovulate on the first or second dry day. In 10% of the time, a second egg is released after the first one which is why you wait 3 days. You're considered fertile the first 3 day in the temperature shift, and 3 (or 4?) days after your peak day (last day of wet sensation).

3 years ago around this time I was blissfully ignorant of the fact that I'm pregnant. Now I know what a blessing it is to have the first few weeks pass while I was clueless...

#14 ·
hola.gif
LilyKay, hope your stay is nice and short! I think I completely missed your earlier post as I'm quite distracted the last few days
nut.gif

#15 ·
I'm here as well! CD7 today so not much going on. Been sleeping with my eye mask to try the whole lunaconception thing. I do feel more refreshed in the morning, other than this stupid cold I have, so I wonder if the ambient light has been messing with me more than I ever realized. Supposed to talk to my MW today about progesterone so hopefully I'll get a script all set up for 2DPO. That will make me feel so much better. We are getting ready for an 8h (or 10 with the kids!) road trip today. It'll be a long haul but we're going to visit one of my very best friends in the world and I'm so excited!

#18 ·
Thanks!! 5 POAS and 1 blood test later, I'm feeling pretty normal. The puking will start in a few weeks no doubt, but until then I will enjoy being pregnant without side effects. I hope you all will join me quite shortly.

#25 ·
Congratulations Devilish
joy.gif
! Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months!

For the second month in a row I'm having the so-called "implantation" dip, both on 6 DPO! It meant nothing last month so I'm trying (and TRYING is the keyword here) not to read anything into it. Five more days and I'll find out I guess (this month I'm not testing before 14 DPO).

#26 ·
Lily I was just reading yesterday that FF did a study of charts and found an 'implantation dip' in 11% of non-pregnant charts and 25% of pregnant charts. So, as you said, could be but hard to say. Had you noticed the dip before TTC?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.