Clomid - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-08-2013, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone! I'm new here! I'm ttc #1, and this is my 3rd cycle.... My dr has already giving me clomid to take if I want to take it. My question is how long did you all try before started this drug ??
#2 of 6 Old 01-08-2013, 11:18 AM

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Well first off Welcome.gif to MDC!!!!!

Second, there's a lot of unanswered question. First off how old are you? Second, it's HIGHLY irregular for your doc to just give you Clomid if you want to try it. Do you have irregular cycles Are you ovulating? Do you know? Are you tracking your cycles to find out?

The standard of care is that if the woman is less than 30 - 35 she should try for a year before seeking medical assistance. AND, the doc should do some basic fertility work ups before just giving you Clomid. Clomid can cause more problems than it solves.

Honestly, if this story is completely true, you should run, not walk, and find another doctor who can act responsibly in their care.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#3 of 6 Old 01-08-2013, 11:35 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

yeahthat.gif

Me (34) (PCOS), DH (36) and DD1 (3) and DD2(1). We are going to go for a third. Now, will we succeed?
#4 of 6 Old 01-08-2013, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

I'm 22, and I do have irregular cycles. I dont ovulate regularly ... The dr thinks I do some months and not others... She is wanting to give me better chance by making sure I ovulate. This is a first for me with all this!!! I don't know what I should do... I thought it was strange she just offered me this medication, but she may not have told me all her findings in my blood work .
#5 of 6 Old 01-08-2013, 11:42 AM

I also agree, maybe talk to another doctor. I have been TTC for over 6 months and my doctor was adamant that she wanted me to wait 6 more months before even thinking about fertility testing and any other work ups like that. Enjoy and stay away from stress! If you're really concerned something is wrong maybe look up some herbal or natural treatments. There are so many things to investigate before starting fertility treatments. You're only a bit younger than me and I don't feel like I am ready for clomid at all after trying for many cycles yet. I would actually prefer to try the natural route before any drugs solely because its a really big step! Best of luck- stick around and chat with everyone. That in itself has helped me relax knowing I am not the only one struggling with TTC when it seems like everyone else just gets pregnant in a second. Things like this take time!
#6 of 6 Old 03-20-2013, 07:05 AM

Hi everyone new to all of this, Been trying for a child with my partner for the past year, and have recently started taking Clomid. I wondered if everyone has taking it and what their experiences are like?.. Today will be the 5th day of taking it!.. Be nice to hear from people in the same boat as me!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page