Forum Jump: 

#1 of 32 Old 01-13-2013, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD 
for January 13 to 20

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, members will be deleted after a month of not posting to a One thread.

Please make add/remove/change requests in Bold.

whistling.gifWaiting to O whistling.gif

doularebekah BFPChart2.gif

Fern5Fern

FreedEm11 BFPChart2.gif

John16n33

JustJenny

katiecornflakes

KnitterMama

LilyKay

magoodoggy BFPChart2.gif

mamacatsbaby

Renaissance31
samy23 

SKJ2011 BFPChart2.gif    

Stevi BFPChart2.gif

ThePeacefulMama

WildDoula

headscratch.gif Waiting to Know (2WW) headscratch.gif

A2E BFPChart2.gif

anyalily

BetsyPage

brichole BFPChart2.gif

countrybound

Dekan

FEimusicforever

Fnord BFPChart2.gif  

jeminijad

librarygirl  BFPChart2.gif

LittleKind

sarahl918

skeemama

SparkleMaman

stegenrae BFPChart2.gif

summerlake

confused.gif WTF IS GOING ON?!?! confused.gif

bloodofthefae

southernmommie

RavenMadMommy

idea.gif Waiting to be Ready idea.gif

BeautifulCanvas
Butterflymom

candyshells

dakipode

imbjer

jesepumpkin

jlmschirm BFPChart2.gif

Lidamama84

Michaels-Mommy

nisojon BFPChart2.gif    

sleepingbeauty BFPChart2.gif
Texanromaniac BFPChart2.gif
tinytina
Zyon'sMommy

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

Big congrats to you all!!

Graduate Thread in I'm Pregnant

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1352182/one-graduates-may-june/20

(the current thread keeper can update the graduate link as needed)

heartbeat.gif January BFP's heartbeat.gif

devilish
SuzieSmiles

heartbeat.gif December BFP's heartbeat.gif

Banana731

bdavis912

CDsMom1031 BFPChart2.gif

happybunny

Jillgayle

livingsky BFPChart2.gif 

heartbeat.gif November BFP's heartbeat.gif

InLove2009

mirpmama

MyKidKissTrees

Starfish11

heartbeat.gif October BFP's heartbeat.gif

amlikam

Angierae
dayiscoming2006 
BFPChart2.gif

gratefulstella  BFPChart2.gif

kitteh

jaxxy

nerissav BFPChart2.gif

SweetMama34

heartbeat.gif September BFP's heartbeat.gif

aHikaru

AmandaLynnH

bebelove BFPChart2.gif

jr'smom

LittleBlackBug

nattery

Quinalla BFPChart2.gif

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#2 of 32 Old 01-13-2013, 10:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for the new thread! I've taken a couple more tests (well, actually a total of 6 nowlol.gif and some at different times throughout the day just for variety - I feel like I should be doing SOMETHING, ugh) and I am SURE I'm pregnantenergy.gif Could you please move me. Thanks so muchorngbiggrin.gif.

Question: I'm interviewing a midwife on Tuesday and wondering if anyone can suggest a list of things I should ask and/or go over with her? I should be at least 5 weeks by then and EDD 9/16, no insurance and no OB... She's a naturopath as well so I am really excited and hope we're a great fit. 

Me (S) + my soulmate (D), together for 12 years. Joyfully added our sweet little boy, Gabriel, born at home on 9/21/13. We have 2 good dog2.gif  + 4 crazy cat.gif 
#3 of 32 Old 01-13-2013, 10:47 PM

Hey gals! Ive been away over the holidays and following our last miscarriage but it is great to be back and see so many BFPs (including my special friend Suzie!!)

While I was away I had an RPL panel done and discovered I've got the homozygous C677T MTHFR mutation. Glad to know there may be a reason for our losses. Doc recos Folgard, prenatal, plus baby aspirin once preg. I'm leaning towards taking L-methylfolate + B6 & B12 since it is more easily absorbed by us MTHFR mutants. If anyone has any experience with this I would love to hear! smile.gif

You can also move me to Waiting to Know. We didn't stop trying this month so who knows???

Married my best friend 05.09.10, welcomed our darling daughter on 10.01.13!

08.12,  12.12, MTHFR Homo C677T diagnosis 01.13, DD born 10.13

#4 of 32 Old 01-14-2013, 08:50 AM

BFN this morning and still no AF. If I get another negative tomorrow I better see AF show up by the end of the day so I can just start over already! Ugh. Thinking about trying out Fertilitea or something similar. Reccommendations anyone?

-Laura

wife of Ben

mommy to DS Dade 10/10/10 & DD Elloree 12/14/11

TTC #3

goorganic.jpg   h20homebirth.gif   saynovax.gif   homeschool.gif   blogging.jpg

#5 of 32 Old 01-14-2013, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Thanks for the new thread!

Renaissance31, I LOVE the Fertilitea from Euphoric Herbals on Etsy. The shipping is so fast, and the tea smells and tastes amazing. She has a 2 teas for $10 sale, which is more than enough to get me through a cycle. Each pack of tea comes with a muslin bag for brewing too. :) I usually brew mine in quart jars and just drink 1/4 of the jar a day until I O. 

http://www.etsy.com/shop/EuphoricHerbals

, birth-working wife to   (06/2010).
TTC #1 since 2010. Dx PCOS, July 2014. Currently in testing.
, July 2012. Waiting for our  sometime very soon.
#6 of 32 Old 01-14-2013, 04:11 PM

Thanks for the new thread.

I'm still waiting to o, so not much is going on here TTC why's.  I am still waiting for a student teaching spot too and that's what's taking up most of my thinking.  Well that and the fact that I have found myself on this spiritual journey trying to figure out what way is the way for me.  Pretty much I am going insane over here but at least it is keeping my mind off of TTC lol.

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

#7 of 32 Old 01-14-2013, 08:01 PM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm two days from the end of the cycle, based on my temps, but I wont test until I'm late this time. I'm putting an electric heat pad on my belly because I'm constantly super crampy. Anyone know if that much heat is dangerous if I actually am pregnant?
#8 of 32 Old 01-14-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKind View Post

... Anyone know if that much heat is dangerous if I actually am pregnant?

It's not good (or at least not recommended) to let your core body temp go over 102F. Maybe just make sure your temp isn't rising too high? I'm honestly not sure about direct heat on the abdomen. Maybe do five minutes on and ten off and repeat? Just to keep from getting too warm?
#9 of 32 Old 01-14-2013, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKind View Post

I'm two days from the end of the cycle, based on my temps, but I wont test until I'm late this time. I'm putting an electric heat pad on my belly because I'm constantly super crampy. Anyone know if that much heat is dangerous if I actually am pregnant?

I wouldn't say it is dangerous but probably not the best idea. Perhaps keep the pad away from the uterus area? I do know you're not supposed to go to the sauna or steam baths.

wave.gifHello Everyone!

AF showed up yesterday so I can be moved to Waiting to O.

Mama to my little Lily luxlove.gif (09/2010), and a sweet baby boy joy.gif (12/2012)

#10 of 32 Old 01-15-2013, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

Got ya all updated... I am moving over to waiting to know. My first 2WW in a while!

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 
#11 of 32 Old 01-15-2013, 11:03 AM

I have managed to get donors every day so far. Now I'm just waiting for my temp shift. I usually ovulate on cd14, and today is cd15. I'm guessing my temp rise will occur tomorrow (and hoping it will).

I found a new donor who says his sperm count is 120-140 million. I'm hoping that, combined with the Clomid, will finally be the key to my BFP.

Think Fertile Thoughts!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#12 of 32 Old 01-15-2013, 01:17 PM

Hi Anyalily, 

You can add me to 2WW too. I'm How soon can you test? 

#13 of 32 Old 01-15-2013, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekan View Post

Hi Anyalily, 

You can add me to 2WW too. I'm How soon can you test? 

I added you. I am not going to even look at a stick until I am close to my cycle, still 10-12 days away.

#14 of 32 Old 01-15-2013, 02:43 PM

My periods are not due till 23rd. I do not have any symptoms :( so I think I'm kinda giving up. 

#15 of 32 Old 01-15-2013, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Dekan, dont give up yet... I didn't have any symptoms of pregnancy until about a week or two after my period was due. Symptom spotting will drive you crazy. How was your timing? Are you temping? Have you ever been pregnant before?

#16 of 32 Old 01-15-2013, 08:30 PM

Thanks for the support Anyalily! No I've never been pregnant before, that's probably why I'm driving myself crazy gathering all the info. I haven't been temping since I learned about it only have way thru my cycle so planning on doing it from the next cycle.

I have a question for the experts here: I know the tender breasts before AF (I'm getting a hang of the slang here! wink1.gif)  are due to lack of progesterone, also progesterone is needed during conception. Then how is tender breasts an early symptom of pregnancy? Unless I missed something...

Ok I lied, I have another question: Does anyone have the constant feeling like AF is going to arrive any minute a week before its actually due? I read somewhere....I could be wrong too...but this is due is lack of progesterone too. Is that right?

Thanks in advance!

#17 of 32 Old 01-16-2013, 07:09 AM

Breasts are very sensitive to changes in lots of hormones, so they can be sore or different for any or no reason. Mine now leak milk before each period, for no reason.

Everyone! What do you know:
is it possible to start AF and not have a temp drop yet? Temp drop and AF definitely due for me today. I'm spotting a tiny bit pink but my temp is high as ever. I didn't spot in my other pregnancies (except when losing them later) so I'm sure this is AF but I'm stumped by my temp not dropping.
#18 of 32 Old 01-16-2013, 08:09 AM

LittleKind...   My temp used to always drop after AF had already started. So, I never got that warning. (Lately it seems to drop before, or the same day.)

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#19 of 32 Old 01-16-2013, 08:35 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
BBL to catch up here. AF coming on and I'm feeling some kind of ways. anyalily, can you move me to "Waiting to O" please? Thank you. Hope you ladies are doing well...

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#20 of 32 Old 01-16-2013, 09:04 AM

Thank you Stevi! My pattern seems to change after every pregnancy and I can never keep track of my "new normal"
#21 of 32 Old 01-16-2013, 09:05 AM

AF for me too. Blah. I suppose you can move me to waiting to o too.

-Laura

wife of Ben

mommy to DS Dade 10/10/10 & DD Elloree 12/14/11

TTC #3

goorganic.jpg   h20homebirth.gif   saynovax.gif   homeschool.gif   blogging.jpg

#22 of 32 Old 01-16-2013, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
So sorry AF found you ladies. Fx for next month.

AFM CD 13 + OPK this morning, lots of O twinges. Expecting to O tonight or tomorrow. Almost to the TWW! Temping for the first time ever this month. I like having the additional information. So, so hoping for an October baby!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

#23 of 32 Old 01-16-2013, 01:42 PM

Hey ladies I have some good news and some bad news....

The good news is I FOUND A PLACE FOR STUDENT TEACHING!

The bad news is, it's in Texas and I leave next Thursday.  Dd and I don't want to leave Dh for 4 months and I don't want to put off getting pregnant for that long either :(  There is a bit of good news though that I am supposed to O this weekend which means we can still TTC and possibly catch an egg before I go.  I am praying big time that it happens.

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

#24 of 32 Old 01-17-2013, 05:21 AM

My saga continues. My temp is up 2nd extra day. Mu spotting never became flow. I have to get ready for work and I'm out of pregnancy tests. How did I not know that? I need to poas ASAP and get to the doctor for progesterone and hcg levels if I'm pregnant. LOL I dunno what to do right now so I'm just telling you all!
#25 of 32 Old 01-17-2013, 06:10 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

LittleKind Ughh!! So frustrating. Can you run out at any point during the work day to get a test, hold your urine and test later at work? Or when you get home?

Anya So exciting!! Fx mama!!

John16n33 Congrats on the placement!! I remember you said Texas was a possibility, you have family there, right? Fx for lots of BD action this weekend and that you Catch. That. Egg!!!

I am looking for a little insight from you mamas with charting experience. I've cross posted this in the January TWW. As I said last month, just when I think I know what to expect of my body, the universe devises new ways to mix it up! So I am CD 14 today, + OPK yesterday morning and this morning. Still feeling O twinges and had some short, sharp pains this morning. I am thinking today is the day!! I have been Oing on CD 10 or 11 in recent months so this seems really positive, much better chance of a really nice, fat, mature egg thumb.gif Here is the very weird part: I am temping for the first time in my life. Love it, btw. I had a temp dip on Tuesday morning (I figured cool, Pre-O temp dip) and then a small rise yesterday and today (though both higher temps were about the same and about at my coverline, not yet above). If my temp increases tomorrow will that indicate O happened today? Or is it possibly it's not going to happen until tomorrow? I am still new to this. I don't usually get 2 + OPKs in a row either, usually an am and pm + on the same day and it is - by the following morning. And to add to my confusion, I always feel distinct O discomfort (it isn't really painful). I have some twinges for a day or so followed by short, sharp pains on the side I O from, alternating sides month to month like clockwork. Two months ago I KNOW it was the right side, last month left. Yesterday and today I feel twinges left and right (though more discernibly sharp on the left this morning). Anyone else had bilateral O pains before? Any thoughts/advice/wisdom would be very greatly appreciated!!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

#26 of 32 Old 01-17-2013, 08:04 AM

LittleKind...   It's probably too late for this suggestion... But next time, collect your FMU in a cup, and just find a way to take it with you. Then, you can buy a test on the way to work, or during your lunch hour, and still test your FMU. I'm pretty sure the test will still be accurate on urine that has been kept at room temperature.

#27 of 32 Old 01-17-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkleMaman View Post
Anyone else had bilateral O pains before? Any thoughts/advice/wisdom would be very greatly appreciated!!

Sparkle - I love charting, it's so cool to have that extra help/window into what's going on with your body. I had bilateral O pains last month... Then, I started having twinges and felt like 'something' was going on down there... Felt this way pretty much throughout my whole TWW. I don't want to describe it as cramps as it wasn't really painful, I just felt really bloated and kind of stretching or movement (which I know movement that early is virtually impossible to feel), weird. After I got my BFP, I still occasionally have these twinges, even some ovary discomfort (again not painful) and only lasts a few seconds. I don't remember having anything like this when I was pregnant last time but then I miscarried, so maybe these are good signs this time. I read about round ligament pulling (I think that's what it was called) and am wondering if that's what I've been feeling lately, but then, I wonder if it's too early for that...? I'm 5 weeks 3 days today... Well, that wasn't really advice was it and I certainly don't claim to have any wisdom about these things but at least you're not alone:) I really hope you catch that really nice, fat, mature egg and get your October baby:)

Sorry AF showed up for some of you, good luck next cycle:)goodvibes.gif

Good luck to those of you in your TWW (Sarah, Anya, Dekan....fingersx.gif and everyone else waiting as well:)dust.gif

LittleKind - were you able to get a test??

mamacatsbaby - how are you??lurk.gif

Hi to everyone else.wave.gif

AFM - I have my first 'official' appointment with my midwife today. Very exited:) Wondering if I should have betas done or not...? I know it can be a reassuring sign when all goes well but then again... I really don't want to add any stress, worrying about the results... I'm thinking I might pass on them. She is fine either way and said that sometimes they can come back not doubling... which can make moms worry unnecessarily and everything can be just fine... even if they aren't doubling. As I'm typing this, I'm really thinking I'll pass and just get the other usual testing done including my progesterone, etc... Anyone have opinions/thoughts on whether or not to do betas (I didn't do them last time either)?

Me (S) + my soulmate (D), together for 12 years. Joyfully added our sweet little boy, Gabriel, born at home on 9/21/13. We have 2 good dog2.gif  + 4 crazy cat.gif 
#28 of 32 Old 01-17-2013, 04:21 PM

I should've saved my first morning pee like stevi said. I dashed to Walmart and they only had the blue dye plus sign tests. I bought one even though I can't ever read them clearly. So I took it and it wasn't clear. I didnt need to pee so i only got a dozen drops on the stick, but looked possibly positive. I left work early to get hgc blood test. Haven't heard back!

Suzie, if you don't have concerns, I'd say its nice to not bother with some things. My son was totally healthy all through pregnancy so I did the bare minimum in tests. Didn't even know he was q boy. I've had troubles since then so now I'd totally do every test. If you can have peace of mind without it, then that's probably best, in my opinion.
#29 of 32 Old 01-19-2013, 01:52 PM

Well, I haven't posted in some time, but please move me to Waiting To Know.

We had actually stopped trying, since money was very tight and I was doubting the timing. Then, a week ago, we had an Oops. On cycle day 13, when I think I ovulated, and def had EWCM. So...

Mother to R- 2/09, & C- 5/11

#30 of 32 Old 01-20-2013, 01:11 PM

Stevi- we are looking into ai using donor sperm- do you insert at home? or do you iui with a dr?  How did you find your donor?

Loving wife hug2.gif and Mama to hippie.gifBella (11), joy.gifArydona (6), guitar.gifKai (5) and Trin candle.gif born sleeping on 12/21/13 makebabe.gif ttc our next bundle of joy! ....intactlact.gif,hang.gif  homeschool.gif  

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page