A Saner TTC - The Wolf Moon - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-20-2013, 06:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Fx Xerxella, Prescott, Lidamama and JustJenny!! Sending you lots of goodvibes.gif

Welcome Mamacatsbaby!! I hope your stay here is short. I think you'll find the tone here very calm, relaxed and reassuring.

AFM Temping for the first time ever this month. The additional info is so interesting. 2 DPO, so officially in the TWW. Very excited that I O'd later this cycle, I've been Oing early, around CD 10-11. O'd on CD 15 this month. I'm thinking that offers a much better chance of a big, fat, mature egg. So excited and hopeful!!

Happy weekend, mamas!!

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 02:49 PM

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Yay Dakipode - a safe and happy 9months to you xxx

Hello again, just to let you know I'm still around - but not much happening yet so I'll probably just occaissionally post...
Wishing you all successful BDing, healthy swimmers and lots of sanity!

me 40, DH 40, one (TTC since November 2012) At least one confirmed chem.Ivf #1 march 2014 - 6 day 6 blasts, bfn, 4 frosties. Ivf #2 may, cancelled, Ivf #3 July two transferred, 3 frosties... BFP! Scan at 6+4 wks - twins!! Feeling more blessed than words!
***4***8***12******20***24***28***32***
36***40
Old 01-20-2013, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Dakipode- Yay!  I'm so excited for you!!

Prescott-Have a wonderful weekend!

AFM- I'm still waiting to O and since I am going to be gone so long I am hoping I can just convince Dh to dtd every day this week until I leave lol.  Other than that I haven't been on much mainly because I am going insane trying to get everything done for this trip.  I also have at least two papers to write (one due today) and a birthday party to go to today, eek!

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

Old 01-21-2013, 05:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Good luck sprakle!!!! CD 15 sounds perfect! I hope it gets you a perfect egg!!!!

john - I hope you don't have THAT hard of a time talking dh into DTD! LOL If he misses one day, he'll be alright, too! orngtongue.gif

justjenny - Wow! 3 eggs??!?! One of them has to stick, right???? Good luck!

lidamama - I hope your back pain has a very good reason behind it! fx

prescott - I hpoe you're having a great time out there!!!! I actually LOVE those weekends away!

mamacat - Hi!!! I'm the same way. I always wanted a big family, but at 37, right now I'd be thrilled with just 2 more.... OK, I'll take just one more right now....

chuord and everyone else - wave.gif

AFM - 10 dpo and temp dropping. I was going to test today, but figured, why bother. Well, at least this means I'll start all my testing this month and it means we'll be preventing. greensad.gif All for the greater good, right?

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
Old 01-21-2013, 11:08 AM

Oh, Xerxella!!! hug2.gif You have such a great attitude about all this suckiness. Fx'd for your testing, and that you'll get two more little munchkins. 

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
Old 01-21-2013, 01:34 PM

Well ladies, AF has moved in for her visit. I am okay with it, actually glad to see her since I knew I wasn't pregnant and didn't know what was keeping her away. DH and I had a good talk. He wasn't really in board with TTC#3 but after our talk he agreed that it would be a good thing. However, he really want to wait and start trying this summer, which is fine. That will give me time to chart my cycle and lose a little weight that I have put in! 😜I think I will hang around and wait to see all the BFPs! Lots of luck, fx and baby dust to those of u waiting to find out!
Old 01-21-2013, 06:58 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
prescottchels: I hope you guys are having a fabulous time! fingersx.gif for you!

JustJenny: Awesome! Three eggs ready to go sounds promising. TTC seems to make time simultaneously stop and drag on yet fly by doesn't it? fingersx.gif for you too!

SparkleMaman: I started charting and temping again this cycle too. I don't know if the m/c made my body crazy, nursing is giving me the business, or who knows what else but I need to know WTH is going on. My body just kind of, IDK, did things that I thought I was familiar with but headscratch.gif , nothing doing. Before AF showed up I was fairly certain I was pg. Who knows, maybe I was shrug.gif . I'm wondering if maybe I O'd later than I thought if I wasn't pg. Hell, maybe I didn't O at all eyesroll.gif , I have no idea. So why the hell is my body pulling all this crazy on me; stuff that doesn't happen unless I'm pg. Anyway, it's quite challenging to temp while co-sleeping that's for sure! lol Got my fingersx.gif for you!

John: Hope you were able to fit everything in! I'm sure your DH will be, erh, cooperative lol.

Xerxella: Definitely for the greater good hug.gif . TTC just sucks. If I can get a nice, healthy two-for-one out of a next pregnancy I would be ecstatic nod.gif . My baby brother and sister are twins plus I read somewhere that older women have a greater chance of having twins. Haven't looked that up anywhere yet but here's to hoping! champagne.gif I hope all goes well with your testing.

Livn: I'm sorry AF found you but it's good to hear you're ok with things and you and your DH are on the same page. Getting pg in the summer means you get the joy of a spring baby and that's pretty fantastic smile.gif .

Me, I had to break for a bit as I was dealing with all this, just, stuff, coming up with not being successful last cycle. I'm feeling better but I swear there's big ole preggo bellies and little babies everywhere and it's just driving me batshit. Not that I'm not happy for these women and their children of course; it's beautiful! It's my own stuff with wanting to be pg and bring a healthy little one into our family, the m/c, and just various fears and whatnot that are bubbling to the surface for me. CD 6 today and trying to find my center...

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

Old 01-21-2013, 08:45 PM

Mamacatsbaby- I think I could have just written that exact post...WORD-FOR-WORD!!😏
Old 01-22-2013, 05:40 AM

Hello ladies!

Dakipode, best of luck! Keeping fingers crossed for an easy and uneventful pregnancy goodvibes.gif

Xerxella, just laughed out loud in the office at Armstrong and EPO bit Sheepish.gif

Well I finished the "Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant" and it's not bad. It has research that I did not know about and generally I'm glad I read it. I wanted to actually share a bit with you: it seems that the whole infertility and aging  bit is exaggerated. Of course we get less fertile as we age but according to her (to the latest studies and meta data), it is not as dire as the media makes it to be (unless you're older than 42). I wish I had the exact numbers in front of me, but something like a 35 year old having sex 1 day before ovulation has the same chances (statistically) as a 25 year old has with sex 2 days before ovulation. What I got out of it was that the older we get, the better we have to time the BD around O (preferably before and not the day of).

Another tid-bit I found interesting is the common idea that BD away from O results in more baby girls and close to O more baby boys. According to her, this was so in theory, but the reliable peer-to-peer reviewed studies showed actually the opposite is true. Funny thing, BD on O-day results in a lot more girls (her theory is that BD on O-day results in less that optimal embryos and since girl-embryos are hardier they are more like to survive...)

I am actually using her idea to view TTC as dating. You prep yourself, you do everything right but you can't control the the outcome so if does not workout the first time, you try again and eventually you'll meet Mr. Right!

Oh an apparently, normal stress about infertility does not cause infertility.  They found no connection between the two, it seems to be only anecdotal. That is happy news!

AFM - CD 8 and O is probably a week from now... But I just found out DP has a lung infection and is on antibiotics greensad.gif DD was sick for a few days and now my throat is scratchy. We're probably out this month.

Mama to my little Lily luxlove.gif (09/2010), and a sweet baby boy joy.gif (12/2012)

Old 01-22-2013, 08:10 AM

Livn: It's a bitch ain't it? wink1.gif I'm sorry things are a bit wonky for you too but it feels so much better to know I'm not alone in my emotions.

SparkleMaman: I was lurking the TWW thread and I think when you first bring it up that's the second place I've seen the twin talk mentioned where older moms are concerned. With my mom being a twin mommy and me being older I'm really hoping I get some twin dust fingersx.gif .

LilyKay: I've been meaning to put that book on hold and just requested it from the library; can't wait to check it out! Healthy, healing vibes to you and yours. For a scratchy throat try gargling about a half a cup, maybe a little less, of lime juice and swallowing it. Really helped my DH. Hope you guys feel better soon!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

Old 01-22-2013, 10:39 AM

Lily-  That books sounds interesting, I hope y'all get to feeling better!

AFM- I *think* I am 1-2 dpo but it hasn't been confirmed yet.  I leave Thursday morning so that's just enough days to temp and have it confirmed without the crazy time change.  I am greatly considering not temping while I am gone and just having a worry free few months if I don't catch an egg this month. 

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

Old 01-22-2013, 10:57 AM

Mamacatsbaby LOL I'm not really worried, kind of excited and intrigued actually. Twins run in my family, with a strong history of identicals.I have always thought I would have twins, since I was a very little girl. It wasn't until I was quite significantly into my 2nd trimester with DD that I was finally convinced there was just one!! Being over 35 puts me at greater odds and I am certain I felt bilateral O pains this cycle, which I have NEVER experienced before. So, added up, it is just a fun thought right now.

hug.gif and  dust.gifmuch baby dust to you!!

GL John16n33!! So hoping you caught that egg goodvibes.gif

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

Old 01-22-2013, 11:23 AM

SparkleMaman: Oh no, I wasn't saying you were worried just that I've been running into this info in various places and maybe that means something for me lol.gif (gotta look out for possible signs you know winky.gif ). Twins run in my family too and I've had the bilateral O pains be much more pronounced my last two cycles, like "WTF is this?!" pronounced lol. Boy, a twin pregnancy would certainly be something else wouldn't it! carrot.gif I've always thought I had a pretty good chance of having twins too. Thanks so much for the sticky baby dust.gif . Hoping this is our month! fingersx.gif

Old 01-23-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:

AFM - 10 dpo and temp dropping. I was going to test today, but figured, why bother. Well, at least this means I'll start all my testing this month and it means we'll be preventing. greensad.gif All for the greater good, right?

Hoping the best results of the test next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John16n33 View Post

AFM- I *think* I am 1-2 dpo but it hasn't been confirmed yet.  I leave Thursday morning so that's just enough days to temp and have it confirmed without the crazy time change.  I am greatly considering not temping while I am gone and just having a worry free few months if I don't catch an egg this month. 

Totes take a break. I think knowing you are fertile but have no chance of conceiving would be stressful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkleMaman View Post

Mamacatsbaby LOL I'm not really worried, kind of excited and intrigued actually. Twins run in my family, with a strong history of identicals.I have always thought I would have twins, since I was a very little girl. It wasn't until I was quite significantly into my 2nd trimester with DD that I was finally convinced there was just one!! Being over 35 puts me at greater odds and I am certain I felt bilateral O pains this cycle, which I have NEVER experienced before. So, added up, it is just a fun thought right now.

hug.gif and  dust.gifmuch baby dust to you!!

I thought fraternal twins had a genetic component but not identical. I'm a fraternal twin and didn't really like it growing up (but don't care now), and so I used to have a strong preference for a singleton, but now, I'd just be thrilled to have a healthy pregnancy that I don't care.

I'm waiting to O...should be tonight or very soon judging by cervical fluid. DP and I have fencing.giflately, but we haven't dtd in a couple days, so hopefully I can talk him into it.

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

Old 01-23-2013, 05:20 PM

Here's to time well spent making up revolting! champagne.gif

Old 01-23-2013, 10:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hey everybody!!

I'm home from my 4 day catering gig. It was great and I'm SO looking forward to sleeping in my own bed, in my own house tonight! I POAS while I was away and so far haven't gotten the results I've wanted, but AF hasn't come yet so I'm still holding out for a BFP. Tomorrow is CD 28 so the next 3-4 days will tell.... FX'd... DP is convinced there's a sticky in there love.gif

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
Old 01-24-2013, 01:53 AM

Hi everyone,

revolting - this is probably TMI but I've found fencing.gifleads to good BD afterwards...

prescottchels - best of luck for the next couple of days!

AFM - So this all took a turn to the worse, for the last two days DP and I have been lying in bed running a high fever all while DD is left fending for herself, today it is better but I still can't temp to track O and now I'm kind of upset that I've been having EWCM for the last two days. Even thinking of BD is making me exhausted so I'm afraid I'll miss my window this month... 

Mama to my little Lily luxlove.gif (09/2010), and a sweet baby boy joy.gif (12/2012)

Old 01-24-2013, 03:59 AM

Oh no, lilykay!! It's a bad month around here for illness too! I just woke up with a major sore throat greensad.gif fx'd you feel well enough to squeeze one in! Btw, love the names lily and Kay. My DD2's middle name is Kay, after her grandma.

Chelsea, good to see you! The poas madness is starting around here too wink1.gif

Old 01-24-2013, 08:59 AM

Oh LilyKay...super bummer! My 1st month TTC I was getting over the flu/fever thing too. It was no bueno greensad.gif I hope you feel better soon!!

Lidamama-Thanks it's good to be back and I'm glad I'm in good company winky.gif

ETA: Have you guys seen this? It's a super amazing video!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alexander-tsiaras/pregnancy-anatomy_b_2499945.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl3%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D259377

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
Old 01-24-2013, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Hey all! AF finally showed up. CD 1 for me. smile.gif

Old 01-24-2013, 11:34 AM

Here's to a fresh start, Xerxella! champagne.gif

Old 01-24-2013, 11:50 AM

Hey ladies,
Just wanted to pop in to share this link with you: http://www.meditationoasis.com/podcast/listen-to-podcast/
It's a list of free guided meditations. I listened to number 45 yesterday and really enjoyed it but I'm sure the other ones are great too and a good way to help you stay sane in your journeys.
Happy BDing everyone!dust.gif

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
Old 01-24-2013, 08:53 PM

prescottchels: fingersx.gif for you. Thank you for the link; looks good!

LilyKay: Oh man, what awful timing! Yes indeed, maybe you guys can still find time for just one BD and hope for the best? Or maybe being sick will delay O long enough to give you time to get on the mend?

Lidamama: Hope the sickies start improving for you too!

Alright then Xerxella, October baby-making time tea6.gif .

Thank you for the link dakipode. I'm sure it will come in handy!

Me, I'm soooo tired but there's no way I'm turning in just yet. Ah well!

Old 01-25-2013, 08:22 AM

Well CD 28 came & went yesterday w/no AF and I'm not really having the pre-period spotting I usually have so I'm cautiously optimistic... om.gif trying to stay zen zen zen... for a couple more days...

Old 01-25-2013, 08:37 AM

Ooh, how exciting prescott! Zen vibes goodvibes.gif .

Old 01-25-2013, 10:49 AM

prescott - best of luck and sending good vibes too goodvibes.gif Watched the video btw and got all teary. Every time I see a baby born I get all sentimental (now I believe my midwife that one does really forget the pain).

Xerxella - It feels weird saying this but glad AF showed up finally...

Lidamama - Hope the sore throat is gone by now! Lily is DD's second name. She was for two days without a first name in the hospital but I knew from the 4th or 5th month that her middle name is going to be Lily. All through out the pregnancy I was in love with the scent of lilies and was buying one every week. Now you just gave me an idea about using Kay for the next one!

dakipode - Thanks for the links, just bookmarked them.. 

Everyone else wave.gif and thanks for the well wishes! 

AFM - We're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Feeling half-way fine (even showered today Sheepish.gif). CD 12 and looks like O is very near. My temps are way too high to track anything but 3 days of EWCM and the bigger sign is finally I'm thinking of BD alot.  Not sure if this TMI but do you ladies get more (to put this delicately) in the mood right around O? It always feels like a switch turned on and then off just after O it is almost too silly.

Have a great weekend!

Old 01-25-2013, 11:04 AM

LilyKay there are studies that show women are more "in the mood" around their fertile time so it's not silly at all. It's one of the signs I rely on so we'll see how that goes lol

Old 01-25-2013, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Lilykay - I agree with prescott! I'll even start finding many guys more attractive! I know if I'm suddenly looking at that guy on the street that ovulation is near!

prescott - Good luck!!!!

mamacat and lidamama and everyone else - wave.gif

AFM - I did early cycle testing today and everything was, you guessed it, normal. No big surprise. So, HSG scheduled for next week Friday.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:51 PM

Hi all! So Ive been lurking here for about a month now...and decided to introduce myself! I am 26 and ttc #4, have been since December, when I got pregnant but had a VERY early m/c greensad.gif crossing my fingers for this month! I'm usually absolutely positive of my O date but this month has been all wacky. Oh, also this is my 4th ppaf. (sorry if I'm getting the abbreviations wrong...) Thinking that I am beginning my TWW now but not sure! This may be a long two weeks!!

Old 01-25-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyKay View Post

Not sure if this TMI but do you ladies get more (to put this delicately) in the mood right around O? It always feels like a switch turned on and then off just after O it is almost too silly.
Yes blush.gif . I think our bodies want and need to procreate. I believe we have an inherent drive/will to survive and pass on our genes so that another generation will continue where we left off (as does every other living thing). I think this manifests differently in men and women but it's the same base desire. No wonder delving into the TTC abyss ratchets up the crazy! lol.gif

Welcome Marie06 hola.gif . I'm so very sorry about your loss. I hope this is your month though! dust.gif

Nothing much going on around my way. Trying to get absorbed in a novel or three to take my mind at least somewhat off of O time. I'm definitely getting ready to in a day or two so fingersx.gif . Going to work on filling my TWW with playing with my kids, spring cleaning, reading, getting some new music, watching some movies, meal-planning, and whatever else I think of. I'm trying to stay away from the full-blown obsession this go around. Hopefully that's not an incredible fail lol.gif . Hope you ladies are getting your weekends off to a wonderful start!

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List