A Saner TTC - The Wolf Moon - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-26-2013, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

This is summing up my day pretty well...mecry.gif

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 10:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Oh Prescott, lots of hugs, mama! So sorry.

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

Old 01-26-2013, 10:28 AM

Oh Prescott, lots of hugs, mama! So sorry.

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

Old 01-26-2013, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Prescott- hug2.gifHugs. So sorry you didn't get your bfp. I hope feb. is your month...

marie06wave.gif

AFM- 6dpo and trying to stay busy...

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
Old 01-26-2013, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Sorry Prescott. I hope next month turns out better.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
Old 01-26-2013, 03:23 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Aw greensad.gif , I'm sorry prescott hug.gif .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

Old 01-27-2013, 04:25 AM

So sorry, Prescott! Big hugs!

Wife to one amazing man and mama to three!

DD1 (03/09), DD2 (06/11), DS (01/14) love.gif

2014: 30/70lbs, 4/52 crafts
Old 01-27-2013, 08:32 AM

Prescott I'm so sorry :(

AFM- I just wanted to let everyone know we made it to Texas okay.  It's been fun seeing family and settling in but Dd had been complaining of a stomach ache since we were on the plane Friday and last night she threw up everywhere.  We decided instead of church we were going to have a lazy day and hopefully get her feeling better.

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

Old 01-27-2013, 11:12 AM

Thanks everybody! Feeling better today thumb.gif

John-So glad you got to TX safe & sound. Hugs and love to your DD. Hope she feels better lickety split! love.gif

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
Old 01-28-2013, 02:57 AM

John16n33 Yeah!! Glad you made it safely and GL as you begin your new journey. Sorry that DD is sick, no fun for sure. Well wishes for a speedy recovery. goodvibes.gifand fx that you caught that egg!!

hug.gifPrescott. I am happy to hear you're feeling better. I know how overwhelming that let down can be when AF arrives, especially when it is following signs/symptoms that convince you that you might be pregnant, like being a day late!! The Universe certainly has a sense of humor. I find that any time I think I know how my body will react or what schedule I am on, the Universe laughs and throws me a curve ball. Fx that February is your month, mama!!

Old 01-28-2013, 08:38 AM

Yeah the Universe always seems to have some tricks up its sleeve winky.gif

I'm thinking about getting some OPK's... gonna go hunt on Amazon and see what I find... Any of you have a fave? I'm remembering I have one of those saliva ferning thingy's which is kinda cool, but I haven't used it consistently enough to feel confident in using only that.

DP and I made a list yesterday of all the traits we'd like to have in a house including location and realized that his place matches nearly all of them except for the glaring fact that it's in the next city over, which isn't ideal for either of us...but puts a new spin on the idea of living there until we find a place over here.... things to ponder...

What are all you up to?

ETA: I'm super stoked that I reached my 1000th post last night!! biggrinbounce.gif  The powers that be should program the site to explode fireworks like when you win a game of solitaire on your computer love.gif

Old 01-28-2013, 08:58 AM

Welcome Marie!

So sorry about your bfn prescott!

AFM: 4 dpo. Come the end of this cycle, and I'll have been trying for a year. Hoping hoping hoping that this is my cycle, and if not, I've made some appointments to start getting some testing about how I can get and STAY pregnant.

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

Old 01-28-2013, 02:24 PM

Wow Revolting!! I hope this is the cycle for you!! I was reading yesterday about how to make implantation happen better and for babe to stick enough to get the hormones flowing to stop AF from coming and it's all about having a high enough level of progesterone during the implantation and early pregnancy time. So if you haven't looked into progesterone you might. There are different supplements and even foods that can help the body create more progesterone &/or use it better  thumb.gif

Old 01-29-2013, 08:09 PM

(x-posted from The ONE thread):

I'm in shock. I brought one clear blue digi with me to Texas, telling myself I would not test until 2/3/13. Well I just couldn't get over the urge to test today (really not unusual at all for me in the TWW) and I took the test about 45 minutes ago after holding my pee for 6-7 hours. IT WAS A BFP! Like I said, I'm in shock. I am so scared, I don't know if I want to be moved to graduate yet. I think I will wait until after AF is due, and go to the store to by some more tests.

-Meagan

A Christian, crunchy, homeschooling southern wife to D and mama to A (5) who loves ( treehugger.gif, knit.gif,teapot2.GIF, and reading.gif)

Old 01-29-2013, 08:57 PM

John: Glad you guys made it to Texas safely and I hope your DD is on the mend. And woohoo for your BFP! joy.gif Congratulations, so exciting! Aren't the digi tests not supposed to be as sensitive so this should strongly indicate things are probably a go, no?

Happy to hear you're feeling better prescott smile.gif . Come on February! fingersx.gif Good luck with the living space ponderings.

revolting: Hope this is your cycle! fingersx.gif

Me, 3 DPO and don't even want to think about testing in the not so distant future. Although for a moment there John's post made me want to run out and buy a metric crapton of tests and get to peeing on them lol.gif .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

Old 01-29-2013, 10:16 PM

Omg John!! I'm SO excited for you!!  joy.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamacatsbaby View Post

...run out and buy a metric crapton of tests and get to peeing on them lol.gif.

That is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh thumb.gif  love.gif

Old 01-30-2013, 12:32 AM

John,joy.gifYAY, how exciting! Am sitting here in the office smiling at the screen smile.gif Best of luck for the next few days.

prescottchels,  sorry about the last cycle! I'm praying here that February will be it. Because honestly, there is not much else to do in this weather cold.gif

AFM - Well this is new for me, delayed O. After several days of EWCM, no O so I suppose all that CM was there because I sick. So I'm just waiting here.

ETA - I just checked, I'm completely dry and cervix feels hard and closed. I'm pretty sure I did not ovulate because my temps are at pre-O levels so even if my fever masked a temperature shift, they won't drop to this level. Seeing I'm already at CD17, looks like this is going to be an anovulatory cycle. I'm surprisingly fine about this and never though I'll say that, but I hope AF comes early.

Mama to my little Lily luxlove.gif (09/2010), and a sweet baby boy joy.gif (12/2012)

Old 01-30-2013, 06:10 AM

LilyKay: I'm glad you're doing ok with no O this cycle. Do you have long to wait for AF?

prescott: lol.gif Seriously, the urge was overwhelming lol. If a $ store had been open whistling.gif .

Argh! FF is being stupid yet again hammer.gif . I know software failure happens but I need less crazy-making in my life right now not multiple rounds of it nut.gif . This is the second time that I've gone to enter data in the last two weeks and the site is freaking out. Not a big deal really, just heightens the anxiety around this whole TTC thing that I'm trying to keep under control. Little anomalies that normally wouldn't phase me put me more on edge now shake.gif . *inhale...exhale...*

Old 01-30-2013, 08:00 AM

OMG, I'm a total nutter nut.gif . My script and ad blockers were turned on for FF so it wasn't screwing with me this particular time duh.gif . I may need to go back to sleepytime.gif , ugh...

Old 01-30-2013, 09:28 AM

LilyKay-Yeah, we've already started BD'ing cuz even in sunny Arizona it's COLD! We live a mile high in Northern AZ, where highs lately have been in the low 40's  cold.gif So it's a good excuse for sure!

Mamacat-Sometimes just going back to bed is all ya can do winky.gif

I'm pretty happy w/my crapton of hpt Wondfo's I got from Amazon. I highly recommend it! It's so nice to know they're there when the mood strikes and they dollar out to about 30 cents each so if I wanted to test everyday or multiple times a day it's no biggy, right? shy.gif  Which I haven't found I've wanted to do. I think the urge is stronger when I have to think about wanting to test & not having any tests, and spending more $$ on the ones from the store.

AFM: I'm expecting my crapton (my new favorite word...) of OPK wondfo's to arrive from Amazon today so I can start peeing on different sticks lol I'm really interested to see if my O days are still in the range of days I noted when I was faithfully charting, a few years back. The biology nerd in me is coming out. I love me a little science project, but "Hey Universe! I don't need several more cycles to geek out here!! This'll do it! Thanks!!" thumb.gif

joy.gif Hi everybody! 

Old 01-30-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prescottchels View Post

Wow Revolting!! I hope this is the cycle for you!! I was reading yesterday about how to make implantation happen better and for babe to stick enough to get the hormones flowing to stop AF from coming and it's all about having a high enough level of progesterone during the implantation and early pregnancy time. So if you haven't looked into progesterone you might. There are different supplements and even foods that can help the body create more progesterone &/or use it better  thumb.gif

Something to keep in mind. I've had one healthy pregnancy while nursing, but with all the losses I've experienced with trying to conceive my third child,  I wonder if breastfeeding is majorly messing up my hormones and causing the losses, but I rather wait to see than prematurely wean my three year old without even knowing if my hormones are not within normal ranges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John16n33 View Post

(x-posted from The ONE thread):

I'm in shock. I brought one clear blue digi with me to Texas, telling myself I would not test until 2/3/13. Well I just couldn't get over the urge to test today (really not unusual at all for me in the TWW) and I took the test about 45 minutes ago after holding my pee for 6-7 hours. IT WAS A BFP! Like I said, I'm in shock. I am so scared, I don't know if I want to be moved to graduate yet. I think I will wait until after AF is due, and go to the store to by some more tests.

Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prescottchels View Post

I'm pretty happy w/my crapton of hpt Wondfo's I got from Amazon. I highly recommend it! It's so nice to know they're there when the mood strikes and they dollar out to about 30 cents each so if I wanted to test everyday or multiple times a day it's no biggy, right? shy.gif  Which I haven't found I've wanted to do. I think the urge is stronger when I have to think about wanting to test & not having any tests, and spending more $$ on the ones from the store.

AFM: I'm expecting my crapton (my new favorite word...) of OPK wondfo's to arrive from Amazon today so I can start peeing on different sticks lol I'm really interested to see if my O days are still in the range of days I noted when I was faithfully charting, a few years back. The biology nerd in me is coming out. I love me a little science project, but "Hey Universe! I don't need several more cycles to geek out here!! This'll do it! Thanks!!" thumb.gif

joy.gif Hi everybody! 

If I have tests in the house, I will test multiple times before my period is due. Otherwise, I probably won't get around to it until when my period is due or afterwards. I often wonder why I test at all, since it seems to add to my obsession without reassuring me, but I can't resist.

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

Old 01-30-2013, 02:19 PM

Thanks ladies.  I went and bought a couple FRER's this morning and took one about 10:00 with SMU, it was faint but it was definitely positive.  I plan on testing one more time in a few days just to make sure.  Yes it might be insane, but I won't believe it until I have my BFP and I'm late lol.

-Meagan

Old 01-31-2013, 10:04 AM

lol.gif Glad I could add a new word to your cache prescott.

It's a little early for spring severe weather but there are places here getting tornadoes nonetheless. I'm ready for daylight and warmth though in a bad way...

Old 01-31-2013, 11:37 AM

John-I think I'd be the same way!! Hang in there!! hug2.gif

Mamacat-our forecast is calling for highs in the 50's to maybe even low 60's and SUN! I'm so excited at the thought of being able to go outside for walks and such w/o freezing my tush off! I can't even begin to imagine what it'd be like to have tornadoes in the forecast bigeyes.gif my house would blow away...

Old 01-31-2013, 03:50 PM

gloomy.gif Well Crap. Had a blood test today and it confirmed my suspicions that I was not pregnant. I had pregnancy symptoms for 3 days and a implantation dip then it all just stopped. Very much like a light switch turning everything off.  My progesterone is still not over 10 but better than it was. I guess all I can hope for at this point is that my progesterone continues to climb so I can hold a pregnancy.  I see the Dr. in a little over a week and I'll see what he says then. So now I get to sit and wait for AF. Yay.

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
Old 02-01-2013, 12:40 AM

JustJenny, so sorry to hear that hug2.gif Hopefully AF will come quickly so you can have this cycle behind you.

prescottchels, you're in AZ? My brother lives there and I'm always making fun of his definition of "cold" weather wink1.gif.  To be fair though, buildings and homes here are prepared very well for cold weather so it's not so bad for us.  I'll be traveling to Tucson in April for his wedding and I'm actually looking forward for a kid-free week of warm weather.

AFM - nothing to update really. I've never had (or at least noticed) an anovulatory cycle before so I have no idea how long it takes till AF arrives. I spent so much time yesterday googling that and all the stories of 40 60 and 90 day cycles freaked me out a bit.

Next month I'm ready to start using OPKs. I was against them at first because I thought it is "too much". But there reality have been once I noticefertile CM, we'd start BD every day and then by the time O happens, it feels like such a chore, especially if it is all on weekdays (job and kid really suck the energy out of you). So I'm hoping OPKs will help us time it better so it does not feel like an obligation.

Mama to my little Lily luxlove.gif (09/2010), and a sweet baby boy joy.gif (12/2012)

Old 02-01-2013, 07:36 AM

Aw man, I'm sorry JustJenny greensad.gif .What are you doing to raise your progesterone?

LilyKay: Yes indeed, google = blessing wrapped up in a curse nod.gif . Are you charting and temping? Ooh, you're going to have a blast during an Arizona April wedding; sans kiddos to boot smile.gif .

Old 02-01-2013, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Hey everyone. Sorry I've been absent.

Lilykay - You might have ovulated, but poorly which resulted in low progesterone and no noticable temp shift. If that's the case, you should get you period about regular time. The other option is that you'll still ovulate yet and that was just a "false start." I hope you find some answers soon.

justjenny - Sorry about the negative test. I always think the worst part of any cycle is when you know you're not pregnant and you're just waiting for af. Once af starts there can be hope again, but until then it just sucks.
prescott, revolting, john, mamacat and everyone else - wave.gif

I'm still looking for someone to take over the thread at the next new moon. It'll be on February 10th and it's the Snow Moon (or whatever). I won't be able to do the thread next moon with everything else going on, so if someone else cant take it we can just let it lapse if no one's interested.

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
Old 02-01-2013, 10:18 AM

Yup, LilyKay! April in Tucson will rock!! DP & I are planning a trip down there sometime in April too. It's a work trip for him, but I get to tag along orngbiggrin.gif

Justjenny- hug2.gif

Yesterday was super weird for me... I felt nauseous after I got up, had some breakfast thinking maybe I was just really hungry, still felt nauseous, went to work at the kitchen where I'm the baker for gluten free stuff and I was making peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and the smell of the peanut butter combined w/all the other smells in the kitchen-bacon, cheesy potato soup, and garlic bagels was super nauseating. I had to step outside like 4 or 5 times in the 2 hrs I was there. I didn't feel sick in any other way, and I was really burpy and afraid I was gonna puke. When I got done w/cookies I went home and laid down for about 30 min til DP got off work and felt kinda tired but not as nauseous as at the kitchen. We went for a walk around the neighborhood and when we got back I felt progressively worse-started getting chills and a little achey, and didn't want to eat anything. In fact I didn't eat anything after breakfast except a bite of cookie dough batter to make sure it tasted right winky.gif

This morning I feel fine  shrug.gif  DP thinks I'm pregnant even though AF came lol AF was lighter than usual...so I POAS this morning, but it was negative... It's CD 7 today and my OPK's came so I'll start doing those, I guess...so weird...

ETA: Xerxella-I didn't see your post before I made this one... I'll start the next thread thumb.gif

Old 02-01-2013, 03:10 PM

prescott: Our bodies just love to throw us off right? shake.gif Well, I know I get randomly nauseous during my cycles and a lot of time it seems to be when I've let myself get too hungry. I see that wasn't the issue for you though. Sometimes I get nauseous just b/c and my guess is hormonal fluctuations. Maybe you ate something at some point that didn't agree with you? I've done that and yeah, not so fun lol. Glad you're feeling better though! And thanks for taking over the thread smile.gif . I was just about to come and say if no one else could I'd give it a go for a bit 'cause I need this bit of sanity since TTC sucks so bad lol.gif .

Xerxella: Sounds like you've got a lot going on. I'm not sure if you've shared what or not as I'm decently new to this thread still. Hope things mellow out soon though!

Tags
Trying To Conceive
User Tag List