Confused about history of getting BFPs at 6 weeks, not earlier - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-17-2013, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm TTC#3 right now.  Looking back at TTC#2, I got my BFP at what appears to be 6 weeks; same thing happened when I conceived #1.  Both times, I also had a normal period, perhaps slightly lighter / less cramping but not by much.  Definitely not just light brown spotting like IB is typically described as.  Any thoughts about what is going on?

I don't temp/chart but if anyone is willing to take a closer look at the dates from TTC#2, this is the info I have saved: CD1 June 17/10; AF/IB? arrived July 15/10-July 19/10; BFP on a HPT with FMU July 30/10; BFN at Dr.'s office with afternoon urine; ultrasound Aug 5/10 with 93bpm heart rate, estimated to be 5 weeks & 5 days along.  I can't figure out when I might have conceived - late in my cycle?  Is implantation happening late?  Why is my body having full periods after conception?  How would this affect my EDD?  LO#2 arrived at 38.5 weeks.  Could I have issues with progesterone levels?  Just trying to figure out how to increase my chances of conceiving again :-)

Thanks for your help!

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#2 of 7 Old 01-17-2013, 11:37 AM

Quick question are your periods irregular or regular?

Activily trying to concieve babygirl.gif #1 eagerly awaiting pos.gif

Baby dust to you all!

dust.gif

#3 of 7 Old 01-17-2013, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Oops, forgot to mention that.  Very regular, mostly 28 day cycles (27-29 days).  In case it's relevant, I'm also hypothyroid since after the birth of LO#1 but it's well regulated.

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#4 of 7 Old 01-17-2013, 02:14 PM

Hi Angel, I was just reading your post and I feel like I am going through the same thing. So this is my ttc #2 and when I think back to when I found out I was pregnant with my son I was almost 5 weeks along. And that was only because someone who just had a baby was telling me her symptoms when she found out she was pregnant so I thought hey let me test cause I am feeling the same thing. And sure enough...I got two lines! So I have very irregular periods and I have to read my body signs when I am ovulating. I just recently had a period that lasted 4 days and three of those 4 days were brown. Also my breasts feel like they have grown and they have been hurting for over a week now. I am so confused. I guess I am just looking for some hope to hold on to but when I get a BFN every morning...its depressing.
#5 of 7 Old 01-18-2013, 02:15 PM

Ugh I posted in the wrong forum meaning to post this here! But I would go to the doctor for this one... I wonder if it is just REALLY late implantation bleeding!
#6 of 7 Old 01-19-2013, 07:21 AM - Thread Starter

This doesn't explain my late BFPs but I found this study showing that bleeding in very early pregnancy can be normal and still lead to a healthy outcome.  It was relieving for me to read; just thought I'd share in case it might help anybody else:

http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/content/18/9/1944.full#F1

#7 of 7 Old 01-21-2013, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

lisab82, have you tested again?  I just got a BFP tonight, 4 days after AF was due to arrive.  Today is day #3 I've had of bleeding; it started out brown and turned to red yesterday.  I've even had some cramping.  I will follow up with my doctor to make sure that baby is indeed growing well but since I had 5 days of bleeding at the start of my last pregnancy, I'm still excited and hopeful about this pregnancy.  Good luck!

Tags
Trying To Conceive

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page