Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Trying To Conceive (http://www.mothering.com/forum/178-trying-conceive/)
-   -   hopeless and considering giving up. (http://www.mothering.com/forum/178-trying-conceive/1372812-hopeless-considering-giving-up.html)

KatnissE 01-21-2013 12:14 PM

So if you have been reading my threads you will know that recently I had a False positive and I didn't think much of it at first but I'm finding it has affected me more than I thought and in a moment of frustration I told my Hubby that I don't want to continue trying for a child.

But I really am considering it now I had nothing but negatives and when I finally got that lovely pink BFP it turned out to be a false one.  The doctors urine test came back negative even though I had the brown discharge.

So I think at the very least I will be taking a break from TTC :( 

Thank you all for your replies and support anyway 

mamacatsbaby 01-21-2013 06:06 PM

hug.gif I'm sorry KatnissE. Yeah, TTC sucks. Do what you need to do and regroup. Make sure to give yourself some extra pampering smile.gif . Are you charting your cycles and temping?

AngelKissedKids 01-21-2013 07:59 PM

Did you also get a blood test?  My last pregnancy I had a BFP at home and then a BFN at the doctor's office.  Their test was much less sensitive.  I'm sorry if you truly are indeed not pregnant and just need to grieve and move on but I thought I'd share my story just in case it might apply to your situation.  I also just got a BFP 4 days after AF was due, after many BFNs, and I'm bleeding a fair amount (like I normally do at the start of my pregnancies; I've even had some cramping - I think you mentioned similar symptoms in another one of your posts?).  Best of luck with the rest of your TTC journey!

KatnissE 01-22-2013 05:08 AM

My doc wouldnt do the blood tesr :/ just kinda said no like she fobbed me off...Well I just did a clear blue plus test and got a faint + so I dont understand

Stevi 01-22-2013 08:33 AM

KatnissE...   The urine tests that doctors use are normall less sensitive than many HPTs we commonly get at the store. It is very likely that you are having an early miscarriage. While that is bad news, it can also be looked at as good news. It means that you can get pregnant! My advice would be to try to BD as much as you can this cycle!! (Women can often be more fertile directly following a miscarriage.)

Need Baby Dee 02-08-2013 05:57 AM

Hey hun so sorry to hear that. But don't worry just hang in there. Last year December I had a "phantom pregnancy" its when you have all the symptoms of pregnancy etc but you're not really pregnant. I felt like I was in hell, but my wonderful husband helped me through it all. Don't give up hope, I know its hard, we have been trying to get pregnant for the past 3 years with no success, but I'm hoping this is the year smile.gif Baby Dust to all smile.gif