ICI at home? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-24-2013, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hi, I am looking to have another child and dh doesn't have sperm anymore so we are having to do use a donor.  I am pretty sure I want to use xytex (any thoughts with them?) and we are considering ordering 2 vials and doing the first month from home.  We would ask for highest motility counts and reported pregnancies.  Does anyone have any experience going this route?

I don't think I will need fertility enhancers as I have always conceived naturally with out meaning to- iow- #1 and oops, #2 first time dh and I "were friendly" and #3 pregnancy (though it was a miscarriage) I was still nursing dd2 exclusively and hadn't started my cycles back, ds is the only planned child and I conceived him 2 months after my miscarriage and my cycles had reregulated.

I am 32, so I am planning on going to my gyno and having a workup done and checking hormone levels, getting an us, etc.  I am charting my cycle- daily temps, cervix checks, cm checks, etc. I am taking fertilitea, maca root (I also have a thyroid disease and this is supposed to help but got preggo with the disease before I knew I had it), and trying to eat higher fat dairy. Is there anything else I am missing or should think about? Is doing this from home a dumb idea?? I really can't afford to throw away money if it is not a good idea. 

I really appreciate any input.  This has become my obsession lately (darn bio clock!) and want to get it right.  It is a joke with dh and I right now because we are not even trying to start until April or May lol.  

Loving wife hug2.gif and Mama to hippie.gifBella (11), joy.gifArydona (6), guitar.gifKai (5) and Trin candle.gif born sleeping on 12/21/13 makebabe.gif ttc our next bundle of joy! ....intactlact.gif,hang.gif  homeschool.gif  
#2 of 4 Old 01-24-2013, 04:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, it sounds like you have a pretty good plan. We got pregnant at home just like you're suggesting, so I wouldn't call it throwing money away. I liked getting pregnant in my own home, but for our last one, I also liked knowing our timing was perfect because of the ultrasound and trigger shot. There's good stuff either way.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#3 of 4 Old 01-24-2013, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

so I almost wonder if after the first month if at home doesn't work move onto iui with trigger?

eta- there is so much to think about and I just worry that I am not making the right choice, you know. I just don't know if I could take heart ache- I tend to worry... a lot! And never feel comfortable with a pregnancy until I see my live baby in my arms.  

Loving wife hug2.gif and Mama to hippie.gifBella (11), joy.gifArydona (6), guitar.gifKai (5) and Trin candle.gif born sleeping on 12/21/13 makebabe.gif ttc our next bundle of joy! ....intactlact.gif,hang.gif  homeschool.gif  
#4 of 4 Old 01-25-2013, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

I'm moving this post to TTC as it's not related to queer parenting. Anyone with ICI experience and/or success stories that they would like to share with this member is encouraged to head over to the thread in TTC to post about their experiences.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page