Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! - Page 14 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 32Likes

#391 of 768 Old 02-01-2014, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Welcome McGhee! Your name looks familiar...
Kmfx for you chilee. I found that Maca root and omega 3, 6, 9 helped with making more ewcm. I guess that's a sign of aging? Not having so much of it? Even after I used those things and made some, it only lasted for a day. I remember when it lasted for several days. So I guess you are in the tww about now! Crossing all my fingers and toes.
joy.gif

him-- ds 3/91, me -- ds 5/93
us - dd 2/00, ds 8/02, ds 5/07, dd 2/11 & dd 8/14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#392 of 768 Old 02-01-2014, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Hi all,

I'm 43.5 and just got positive pregnancy test so I will be 44 when (if) baby is born. (this was our 3rd month of trying).. I'm also still nursing my 3.5 year old. So I'm wondering if any one here has nursed a toddler through the pregnancy and what it was like? Good luck to every one :)

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
no vaccines, no circumcision, baby born in birth center.
"Shall we end this bleeding?” -- Lincoln
#393 of 768 Old 02-02-2014, 09:14 AM

Congratulations and welcome! I nursed one through most of a pregnancy. At about 6 months into the pregnancy I had lost most of my milk and my nipples felt really really sore, so I had a talk with my dd and we agreed it was okay not to nurse anymore after that. Hth

#394 of 768 Old 02-02-2014, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats to you I was on board back mid last year got off for a while four failed fet had to take a break to have more tests done changed re and now ready to adopt embryos and pray that it sticks
#395 of 768 Old 02-02-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caritasrainbow View Post

Congratulations and welcome! I nursed one through most of a pregnancy. At about 6 months into the pregnancy I had lost most of my milk and my nipples felt really really sore, so I had a talk with my dd and we agreed it was okay not to nurse anymore after that. Hth

thanks and congrats to you as well! ok great, if we make it to 6 months i'll be happy because he'll be over 4 years old by then. wasn't sure it was even possible to get preg at 43. first two times we tried I got pregnant and had chemical pregnancies. so I freaked out because my 1st baby was conceived on the first try. so then I started acupuncture 6 weeks ago, maybe that's what helped? In my desperation I also consulted a medical astrologer because I really needed to know if my son was going to be an only child or not and she was certain I would get pregnant by March but she felt January looked stronger and lo and behold it happened! she says I could have even more children if I wanted and I said oh no, two is plenty for me! i'm truly amazed because they say it's near impossible after 42. well here's to a healthy pregnancy and baby for both of us :)

vegan with a son, 4. also mom to rescue furry babies esp. my little girl Babe Doll.
#396 of 768 Old 02-02-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcghee45baby View Post

Congrats to you I was on board back mid last year got off for a while four failed fet had to take a break to have more tests done changed re and now ready to adopt embryos and pray that it sticks

thanks and good luck to you! I really hope your embryos stick! I know for me the medical astrologer helped me a lot, no more wondering "if"...but "when".

#397 of 768 Old 02-02-2014, 01:04 PM

Who is this astrologer i need all the help I can get
#398 of 768 Old 02-02-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:

Who is this astrologer i need all the help I can get

The medical astrologer I used is Rosemarie Brown and I also consulted a Vedic astrologer as they can tell you fated things as well and is very good at telling you when. For instance a Vedic astrologer can tell you if you will have children at all and how many with pretty good accuracy. If they tell you you have poor chances of having a child they will also give you a spiritual remedy to try to appease the problem energy (yes it seems strange to some one not from India), so it's not hopeless even if it looks really bad to a Vedic astrologer. They can also look at the chart of your first child and determine if it shows they will have siblings or if they are the last born. Both astrologers agreed I would get pregnant again. Rosemarie said by March (esp. January looked very strong to her) and the Vedic astrologer said to prepare for conception in the first quarter of 2014 and he says it will most likely be a girl child. It took a lot of my worry away because I really wanted to know IF there would even be another baby or was it a waste of time to try. A medical astrologer is better at telling you when it will happen and also what the possible reasons are for infertility based on your natal chart so as to work on those problems. I think the acupuncture was pretty amazing too.

#399 of 768 Old 02-02-2014, 02:58 PM

Please give me the info to get in touch with thease people please
#400 of 768 Old 02-02-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:

Please give me the info to get in touch with thease people please

it won't let me send u a private message so just type in a search for "Rosemarie Brown medical astrologer", and it's very easy to find a Vedic astrologer by internet search. I think they are all good. I used Light on Vedic Astrology, just my preference. I picked Rosemarie because she uses Uranian planets as well as traditional.

#401 of 768 Old 02-05-2014, 01:26 AM

Guten Tag everyone!

Caritasrainbow:  Congratulations on the healthy baby girl!  I'm sure you are seriously excited.  Glad that everything is going well.

Nexxus: Congratulations and welcome!  I've nursed through four of my six successful pregnancies.  I've usually been able to keep my milk through the 16th week, but after that, my kids have usually only been able to comfort nurse until the colostrum kicks in (around 33 weeks for me).  Tandem nursing has worked out great, for the most part.  I typically start feeling the need to wean the older child after two or three months of tandem nursing, but that depends on the child's age.  For my closely spaced kiddos, I usually tandem for about 6-8 months to ensure that the older one nurses to at least age 2.

AFM:  Sorry for the long absence.  I've been mostly lurking because I hate posting from my phone, and because I'm feeling pretty anxious/depressed about this pregnancy.  Being a 40 yr old loss mama adds a whole 'nother spin on the normal fear of miscarriage.  At this point, I'm trying to lie low and wait out the first trimester.  I'm at 7w3d today, and by all measures, the pregnancy is going well.  I'm nauseous, exhausted, moody, have sore breasts, and I'm already showing :/. So far, we've told our children and a couple of neighbor friends.  If all goes well at the 12 week mark, we'll tell our extended families and announce it publically.  I haven't been to the OB yet, but one of my neighbors (a family practice doc) wrote me a script for Zofran for the nausea.  I'm planning to start the OB intake process next week, and will probably see the German OB for the first time around 10 weeks.  

Hope all is well with all of you.  Here's to more BFPs and healthy babies in our futures!

Tabitha ~ devoted wife to my best friend Stephen ribbonyellow.gif and gentle Christian mom to six DSs: notes.gif E - 2/09/00REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifA - 3/05/03superhero.gifA- 6/05/06 guitar.gif H- 2/07/08 jog.gif J - 11/14/10 bouncy.gif T - 8/23/12 + stork-suprise.gif due 9/20/14!  brokenheart.gif DD Janae 10/19/09 angel2.gif
#402 of 768 Old 02-05-2014, 07:59 AM

Thanks Soul for that info, very helpful...it's actually my biggest worry - not being able to nurse my 3 year old. So far everything still works great. I had heard about nipple soreness right away for some people and I don't have any. Glad to hear both you and Carista were able to go pretty far with the nursing. As far as nausea I don't get much nausea until I'm about 7 weeks. With 1st preg it only lasted from 7 weeks to 9 weeks then tapered off, gone at 14 weeks so it was nice. I agree with you. For me, it's not really real until I make it past that 18 week scan. So I guess I'll just wait and see. Whatever happens is meant to happen is an attitude that keeps me sane. If the baby is meant to be, it'll happen. My sister had two missed miscarriages at 12 weeks. I've had a lot of chemical pregnancies.

BTW Ginger tea helps lot for nausea. I think I was also using ginger candies. It seems the nausea is gastric in nature (pregnancy hormones influence digestion) and ginger helps you to burp.

Another thing different about this pregnancy is I actually felt the fertilized egg implant in the left side. (I think that means it could be a girl?) I had a stinging sensation for a few days. Much more implantation spotting, 4 days instead of one (with 1st baby it was just once). I'm guessing it's because my uterus is now more vascularized now that I've had a baby already.

#403 of 768 Old 02-05-2014, 04:57 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus View Post

Hi all,

I'm 43.5 and just got positive pregnancy test so I will be 44 when (if) baby is born. (this was our 3rd month of trying).. I'm also still nursing my 3.5 year old. So I'm wondering if any one here has nursed a toddler through the pregnancy and what it was like? Good luck to every one :)

i nursed through my second and third pregnancies I had my first baby at 37 and all 2.5 years apart...I am working on number 4 and nursing a 2.5 year old so we are way past the 2.5 year distance if i get pg again I will be 45 for delivery and i will continue to nurse

#404 of 768 Old 02-05-2014, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilee View Post

i nursed through my second and third pregnancies I had my first baby at 37 and all 2.5 years apart...I am working on number 4 and nursing a 2.5 year old so we are way past the 2.5 year distance if i get pg again I will be 45 for delivery and i will continue to nurse

wow! feeling more confident now :) I guess you have also well proven that one does not need to stop nursing to get pregnant!

#405 of 768 Old 02-06-2014, 08:58 AM

Okay, I think i need to kick this up a notch. looking for up to date tips

giving up coffee ( that I started to drink after second was born, but in earnest after third!!) is going to be super tough!! I have 2 day care kids and homeschooling. and old ;)

i have not been strict with food and have not lost last baby weight.

i find it sooooo hard to do anything that benefits me...i know logically that kids and i will be better off, but...

i have just started taking multis,b complex, d, and omegas again. as well as maca and camu camu.

i have been thinking about vitex, it was something most were taking on the ttc while breastfeeding group here when i was ttc number 2.

I wont be temping though i have ordered some ic cheapie opks.

i took baby asprin while ttc #1. and b6

my luteal phase has benn 10-11 days

#406 of 768 Old 02-06-2014, 09:15 AM

okay i goggled it...has been a looong time since i researched ttc help. 

it was soy isoflavinoids that you take cd 3-7 but vitex all cycle except bleeding days soy for est and vit for prog

but i have read not to take both

#407 of 768 Old 02-06-2014, 09:25 AM

I miss the days when this thread was so fast i could barely keep up :)

#408 of 768 Old 02-06-2014, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Hi All,

Perhaps I am back for another go at this :-) I had really been trying to get my head wrapped around the idea of being "done". I knew that I wasn't pregnant this cycle and it felt tentatively okay. I had begun to think about going back to school. Last night my partner very intensely made the plea that we try again for a little bit longer..... I was so pleasantly surprised by this.

Breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling momma to two. 420/2014 items in decluttering challenge (643 items gone last year 2013, 625 gone in 2012) Ramsey's BS1 $86.88
#409 of 768 Old 02-07-2014, 03:44 PM

New here...I just turned 40, have one DS (16yo) had a BFP last May after a full year TTC, which resulted in mc. D&E in Dec, and now I am around 10 DPO first cycle post D&E. I'm in for the long haul!
#410 of 768 Old 02-09-2014, 08:37 AM

Hello! I have been sporadically checking this group, but not a consistent member. I hope you all won't mind if I ask a question.

I will be 40 in June, and my husband and I have been trying for over a year. We already have a 3.5 yo who weaned about a month ago. I've been seeing a fertility doctor for a couple of cycles; last cycle he put me on clomid. Via ultrasound, he observed that the clomid did not work as my follicles were not getting big enough to ovulate (which was also my problem before clomid). In addition, my husband had a poorly-times business trip and the last time we had sex was day 13 of my cycle - a bit early.

It is now 5 days past my period due date. I've had 3 positive pregnancy tests. I really want to believe I am pregnant but the doctor said it was impossible, so instead of being happy, I'm just confused.

Any thoughts?
#411 of 768 Old 02-09-2014, 09:06 AM

Emom- I would say drs don't know everything and can certainly be wrong. Pregnancy tests can't be wrong about whether or not they detect hcg. There can be extremely rare occasions of false positive that indicate another problem, but in your case you dtd right close to time, and I'd say somehow you dropped an egg and it was fertilized. Now let's cross our fingers and toes it sticks! I'm wishing, hoping, praying for the best for you. It sounds like you have a little miracle embryo started in there.

Myjenny- welcome and congratulations!

We should start a thread for over 40 and pregnant...

Orangemama- I have been thinking of you daily and am so happy for you and your newly found hope. What a lovely husband you have!

Chilee- I wish I had more words of advice for you, but you are doing all that I personally can think of. Perhaps going back through this thread might offer some more words of wisdom.

Afm- last week was difficult, but not to do with me. Two of my kids and myself all had stomach flu. One has it again.
My six year old, who has been diagnosed ADHD and SPD, who has been suggested to also have ODD, has now been suggested by his non md nor PhD therapist, to have early onset bipolar disorder. Because of this his neurologist had taken him off his medication until he can be fully evaluated for mood disorder. Finding a dr to do this is next to impossible. His school has already called for an emergency meeting to have him removed from the classroom for longer periods of the day as without medication he is completely unmanageable. Incidentally he is the one who is sick now, making life miserable for us all. Totally OT, sorry. I just want to cry. I feel so lost and he is falling through the cracks.
As for my pregnancy, I can only assume she is still alive and doing well. Hopefully those reassuring kicks will begin soon. 13w 4d today. I definitely look pregnant, as I attended a new playgroup Friday and every mom I encountered asked about my pregnancy. I pray all is well.

#412 of 768 Old 02-09-2014, 04:04 PM

Thanks, caritasrainbow, for the good vibes! I'm going to get myself checked out with the fertility doc to see where I go from here.

And I'm so sorry for everything you are going through with your other kids! Sounds so rough! And it isn't OT to me - stress is a major factor in all of this so vent away!
#413 of 768 Old 02-11-2014, 07:03 AM

I haven't been around for awhile...I do check the posts every week or two, but I've been struggling a bit the last couple months and I've just felt like a negative presence and didn't want to contribute that greensad.gif
But I did have this to contribute--- chilee you can download this for free- my sweet DH printed it out for my and made a binder for me at work smile.gif http://natural-fertility-info.com/21-day-fertility-diet-challenge.html I keep copies of a couple of the pages on my fridge in plain sight.
I also include in my smoothie--- raw cacao, hemp seeds, spirulina, spinach, kelp, maca, wheatgrass, blueberries, goji berries, raw honey and sometimes goat milk. I take royal jelly and propolis. We drink a big green juice everyday and eat a big salad with kale once a day. I know there are a lot of other supplements you can take, but we try to stick to food based nutrients.
Afm...I've had two cycles since my last mc. I went to see a dr and get some prelim tests done to assess whether or not I should see a fertility specialist. According to my fsh levels, I should hit menopause when I'm 75 or 80 years old...clearly egg reserve isn't the issue. I used opk's this last month and I ovulated on day 14. So the dr said there's really no need to do anything other than keep trying. I have really optimistic days and then something will trigger the grief and I feel like I'm under a ton of bricks for days and can't pull myself up...
My oldest will be 23 next week and my youngest will be 14 in a couple weeks. I'm finding that hard to believe. It's funny, even though we see our kids growing and I see my granddaughters and I know that I'm not 25 any more--- it's still hard to imagine that I'm any older than I was when I had my first child. And now being back in that place of trying to conceive, it's like reliving those years all over again in a strange nostalgic way.
#414 of 768 Old 02-11-2014, 12:26 PM

Hi guys I need some support from TTC and pregnant moms out there over 40. I'm 43.5 and I have a 3.5 year old. I got pregnant on Jan 18th and I have been so worried about handling a second child and going through this again. I was POSITIVE my son needed a sibling, then I started to doubt if this is really what I want after I got pregnant. I didn't really think it would happen. It was the reason I did it, for him to have a sibling. My brothers and sisters are very important to me but my husband really has no contact with his sister. I don't want him to grow up lonely....but I also don't want to go through the whole ordeal again and also the thought of caring for him and the baby by myself is daunting. I am a stay at home mom. (my husband works over the road and we live in a more rural area with no kids around) Then I think about my age! It's forced me to think about retirement! I didn't have any of these thoughts when pregnant with #1. When I had him I still felt immortal. LOL...now all I can see is life in terms of aging which sucks. Sure I still look and act young now but I don't know if that changes by 50 or 60. Does it even matter? Like does a switch go off and suddenly you're old? I'm hoping some of the older moms out here can see this from a different perspective?

#415 of 768 Old 02-11-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabelle View Post

I haven't been around for awhile...I do check the posts every week or two, but I've been struggling a bit the last couple months and I've just felt like a negative presence and didn't want to contribute that greensad.gif
But I did have this to contribute--- chilee you can download this for free- my sweet DH printed it out for my and made a binder for me at work smile.gif http://natural-fertility-info.com/21-day-fertility-diet-challenge.html I keep copies of a couple of the pages on my fridge in plain sight.
I also include in my smoothie--- raw cacao, hemp seeds, spirulina, spinach, kelp, maca, wheatgrass, blueberries, goji berries, raw honey and sometimes goat milk. I take royal jelly and propolis. We drink a big green juice everyday and eat a big salad with kale once a day. I know there are a lot of other supplements you can take, but we try to stick to food based nutrients.
Afm...I've had two cycles since my last mc. I went to see a dr and get some prelim tests done to assess whether or not I should see a fertility specialist. According to my fsh levels, I should hit menopause when I'm 75 or 80 years old...clearly egg reserve isn't the issue. I used opk's this last month and I ovulated on day 14. So the dr said there's really no need to do anything other than keep trying. I have really optimistic days and then something will trigger the grief and I feel like I'm under a ton of bricks for days and can't pull myself up...
My oldest will be 23 next week and my youngest will be 14 in a couple weeks. I'm finding that hard to believe. It's funny, even though we see our kids growing and I see my granddaughters and I know that I'm not 25 any more--- it's still hard to imagine that I'm any older than I was when I had my first child. And now being back in that place of trying to conceive, it's like reliving those years all over again in a strange nostalgic way.

great! i have most of those things in the house right now!

#416 of 768 Old 02-11-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus View Post

Hi guys I need some support from TTC and pregnant moms out there over 40. I'm 43.5 and I have a 3.5 year old. I got pregnant on Jan 18th and I have been so worried about handling a second child and going through this again. I was POSITIVE my son needed a sibling, then I started to doubt if this is really what I want after I got pregnant. I didn't really think it would happen. It was the reason I did it, for him to have a sibling. My brothers and sisters are very important to me but my husband really has no contact with his sister. I don't want him to grow up lonely....but I also don't want to go through the whole ordeal again and also the thought of caring for him and the baby by myself is daunting. I am a stay at home mom. (my husband works over the road and we live in a more rural area with no kids around) Then I think about my age! It's forced me to think about retirement! I didn't have any of these thoughts when pregnant with #1. When I had him I still felt immortal. LOL...now all I can see is life in terms of aging which sucks. Sure I still look and act young now but I don't know if that changes by 50 or 60. Does it even matter? Like does a switch go off and suddenly you're old? I'm hoping some of the older moms out here can see this from a different perspective?

Hey girl! I had my first at 37 and at 42 I had 3 under 4... my youngest is almost 2.5 so this will be my largest spacing if I am luck to have another. I will be 45 in Sept. Man I am tired...holy shite tired!!

coffee...too much coffee tired. i started NEEDING coffee after my third and I wonder if it is an issue in having a fourth sticky baby.

I had never wanted or needed coffee before!

my kids have no grandparents on either side even though dh is 6 years my junior. these kids drive me NUTS!!! but seeing how important they are to each other is awesome!.I look at least 10 years older than i did when i had number three! coffee...or just kids...idk, but you are pg and it will be great! i do not have time to think.full stop.

#417 of 768 Old 02-11-2014, 03:47 PM

Welcome back Arabelle, nice to hear from you again.

Nexxus, well, I don't know what to say about siblings. I have three older from my father's first marriage. He is 19 years older than my mom, so they are closer to my mom's age. (Parents divorced when I was 2). The oldest two are twins and I barely know them. The next is 8 years older and I once felt semi close to her, but she lives on the other side of the country and honestly, I've never even met her husband. She started trying to have kids after getting married at 48, is now 50, and I worry about what I say when I talk to her.
I also have two younger siblings from my mother. A very judgmental sister who I would be close to if she allowed it, but she also lives halfway across the country and we hardly see each other. She doesn't talk on the phone, but texts sometimes. My younger brother has a pregnant wife in her 20s who texts occasionally, but he and I no longer speak at all. We used to be close.
My husband has an almost 23 year old we haven't seen in years. At home I have 20yp ds(driving me insane with his laziness and can't figure out how to get him out again- many issues), 14yo dd, 11yo ds, 6yo ds with issues (crisis point here currently), and 3yo dd. Sometimes they play nicely, often they fight.
I can't imagine trading the chaos for anything in the world...
I have suddenly started worrying about aging too. Must be the pregnancy hormones. Worrying about how my youngest will feel as they get older. Like you, I don't look my age, but you are right, this can't last forever, I'm no movie star. At some point I will look older and my kid will seem like a grandchild to others... I try not to dwell on it.
Some days are better than others.

#418 of 768 Old 02-11-2014, 04:12 PM

Thanks guys for your feedback! It really helps. The trend seems to be that you don't freak out when it's a continuum starting in your 30's...hey just like back before birth control most moms had their last child at 42 as part of a continuum. It seems like you guys love chaos that's for sure! I come from a family of 7 and it was a mess, but wow it was fun too. I certainly matured late because I always felt too young to have a kid until I hit 35. Then that 40 started creeping up and it scared me. I still wasn't ready at 35 because I wanted us to be financially independent first. God what an idiot I was. I wish some one had said something to me. I just want my kid/kids to not think they have an old mom. But then again my parents were shot when I was 20, they looked very old for their age and I didn't care, I was living my own life... they are 76 and 71 now and my dad is mentally failing for a few years now....he never took care of himself. My mom is very sharp and still working.  Maybe it doesn't matter. Thanks for the info about siblings too. I found that the older I get the more I appreciate my siblings. I think how alone I would be if my mate died and my parents were gone or ailing! I keep telling my younger sister who is 36 not to wait any longer, like me she thinks she's much younger than she is. I also noticed that as people get to their 70's and 80's they gravitate back to their siblings!

*sorry caritas to hear about your 6 year old...so many kids get that diagnosis now so I'm sure he'll be fine. But I wanted to share this with you: http://drclark.typepad.com/dr_david_clark/2010/07/adhd-linked-with-2-vitamin-mineral-deficiencies-.html

Because I think some neurological issues are simple deficiencies. I hope that info helps.

* wow chilee! a 6 year younger husband ! no wonder you are going for it! Mine is 45 but still has his dark hair with very little grey I have no idea how because my brother is 45 and all grey! He has a 17 year old and a 12 year old and people say he's the grandfather LOL.

#419 of 768 Old 02-11-2014, 05:20 PM

Nexxus: I identify with wondering how important it is to have siblings. I think there is a stigma in our society against only children, when in reality they do just fine, and in some cases better than children with siblings. In my opinion, you should base the decision to have another on how you feel about having another. Your older one will be fine with or without siblings!

Regarding age, I think there are definitely positives and negatives to either having kids younger or older. Considering how much more difficult it is to conceive at our ages, it is easy to focus on the negative, and I think we should make a list of all of the good things about having kids now: better parenting skills, more financially stable, less selfish. For me, I completed career and personal goals like going to grad school and traveling internationally before having kids. There are lots of positives to having kids later. My SIL is the same age as me and when she goes to school events for her 15-year-old, she feels like a baby! Whereas when I go with my 3.5 year old, I worry people are noticing my gray hairs! But I don't really think most people are that judge mental. Your life path is what it is, and anyone who can't accept that should stick a sock in it.

I often think of when my son goes to college and I am in my late 50's, will I feel super old? Well, I have no way of knowing that. I can only proceed with the information I have now, which is that it feels right to have another baby (for me).

So speaking of that, the dr confirmed that, against all odds, I am pregnant! Despite not ovulating last month (I guess I must have after all) and my husband being in china for most of (what would logically have been) my fertile period. Thanks to caritasrainbow for the little one's nickname: LME (little miracle embryo).

Now I have to go deal with a cranky 3.5 year old!
#420 of 768 Old 02-11-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emom47 View Post

Nexxus: I identify with wondering how important it is to have siblings. I think there is a stigma in our society against only children, when in reality they do just fine, and in some cases better than children with siblings. In my opinion, you should base the decision to have another on how you feel about having another. Your older one will be fine with or without siblings!

Regarding age, I think there are definitely positives and negatives to either having kids younger or older. Considering how much more difficult it is to conceive at our ages, it is easy to focus on the negative, and I think we should make a list of all of the good things about having kids now: better parenting skills, more financially stable, less selfish. For me, I completed career and personal goals like going to grad school and traveling internationally before having kids. There are lots of positives to having kids later. My SIL is the same age as me and when she goes to school events for her 15-year-old, she feels like a baby! Whereas when I go with my 3.5 year old, I worry people are noticing my gray hairs! But I don't really think most people are that judge mental. Your life path is what it is, and anyone who can't accept that should stick a sock in it.

I often think of when my son goes to college and I am in my late 50's, will I feel super old? Well, I have no way of knowing that. I can only proceed with the information I have now, which is that it feels right to have another baby (for me).

So speaking of that, the dr confirmed that, against all odds, I am pregnant! Despite not ovulating last month (I guess I must have after all) and my husband being in china for most of (what would logically have been) my fertile period. Thanks to caritasrainbow for the little one's nickname: LME (little miracle embryo).

Now I have to go deal with a cranky 3.5 year old!

wow congrats emom! so how old are you with this new baby? will this be your second baby? i'm nursing my 3.5 year old as I type this...doesn't seem like he'll ever stop LOL

Tags
Trying To Conceive

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page